• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Smash is going to launch on the 3DS; the console that EVERYONE owns, approximately 4 months early with an equivalent roster at a lower price (retail $40). Not only that, it is going to launch around E3; the biggest gaming event, during little to no competition in the market. No one owns a Wii U; the game retails at $60, and it is launching during the MOST competitive quarter (quarter 4, the holiday season). This is a console seller that is going to be competing with more established consoles; consoles that don't need "sellers."

Smash is a casual game for casuals, casuals own a 3DS; if they don't, it is cheaper to buy a 3DS with the $40 dollar game than it is to buy a Wii U with a $60 dollar game. Again, Smash 3DS is coming out in Q2, no other prominent games are. Smash Wii U is launching during Q4; good luck Smash Wii U.

The roster is the same, this is an important aspect as most individuals are not incompetent enough to buy the same game 4 months later.

To me and you; to everyone that cares about the franchise. But, it isn't going to be the dominant version. We, the hardcore audience, will purchase both. The casuals that drop the game within a month? Not so much.
So you don't actually think that the 3ds version is going to be the better game? cause the way you wrote that it sounded like that to me.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Of course, there is no way the Wii U version wouldn't have the higher quality. It already is the superior version; objectively speaking. I was obviously going on a sales rant.
Still, there's a difference between "The 3DS is going to be the better version in general." and "The 3DS is going to be the better selling version in general."

*randomly gets a thought that Nintendo might start having Smash as a handheld exclusive game if the Wii U version doesn't sell well* *shudders*
Probably not happening but still.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
So you don't actually think that the 3ds is going to be the better game? cause the way you wrote that i sounded like that to me.
I think he may have meant that it will perform better, which I agree with. Releasing the 3DS version and giving people a reason to choose it over the Wii U version is extraordinarily stupid. The 3DS isn't what's going to bankrupt Nintendo. They need every last Wii U sale they can get.

Morbi

Scavenger
So you don't actually think that the 3ds is going to be the better game? cause the way you wrote that it sounded like that to me.
I was using the term "better" to allude to player count; and by extension, online matchmaking. I don't believe the at the 3DS version will actually be the better game, I should have used the term "dominant."

Still, there's a difference between "The 3DS is going to be the better version in general." and "The 3DS is going to be the better selling version in general."

*randomly gets a thought that Nintendo might start having Smash as a handheld exclusive game if the Wii U version doesn't sell well* *shudders*
Probably not happening but still.
I am fairly certain that Smash 4 was intended to be a 3DS exclusive; that is the direction the company is heading anyways. I wouldn't be surprised; in fact, I expect such.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I was using the term "better" to allude to player count; and by extension, online matchmaking. I don't believe the at the 3DS version will actually be the better game, I should have used the term "dominant."

I am fairly certain that Smash 4 was intended to be a 3DS exclusive; that is the direction the company is heading anyways. I wouldn't be surprised; in fact, I expect such.
If you're implying that Nintendo are heading towards becoming portable only, I kinda doubt that - they've had bad sales on a console before and come back bigger and better. I do think we'll see a continued focus on the 3DS throughout the Wii U's span though, which is a bugger.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
-The quiet, calm C. Falcon of the F-Zero cannon >>>>>>>> Falcon Pawnch Falcon.
-I don't like Wavedashing, I don't hate it. I don't care what happens to it in future SSBs.
-The competitive scene deserves to get knocked down quite a few pegs, dispite me attempting to join said scene.
-Characters shouldn't be getting in on popularity and fan wants anymore, just unique movesets.
-Shiek is pointless in SSB4 and her moveset should of been given to Greninja and tweaked or something to make it unique.
-Zelda is also pointless because of her now uninspired moveset, but she's one of the most important characters series-wise.
-I've beaten every Metroid atleast three times, and Super 15+, and don't understand the appeal of playing as what's essentially the Bowser Jr. of the series.
-Little Mac's moveset is a horrible representation of his series, getting hit shouldn't fill the meter and deplete it completely instead, and the super armor shouldn't be there at all.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Might as well get some things off my chest:
-The "Original 12" means nothing to me.

-Ninten should have been in over Ness to begin with, being the original Mother protagonist. Ness is getting kind of old anyway. I mean, I know that Ness isn't an actual thinking and feeling entity, but still, seeing him again will be like seeing an aging musician/sit-com star turn up on a popular reality show trying desperately to get a bit more fame. His series is officially dead, he was only in one game in that series, and he's already been in three times. I'd be fine with just Lucas, since he hasn't worn out his welcome yet.

-Jigglypuff's claim to fame was, at least at the time, being the second most popular pokemon or whatever. But she really has no mascot status. When it comes down to it, she's just another random pokemon like the ones that were chosen to just be Pokeballs.

-I don't see having two Links as some sort of necessity. Sword, bow, bombs, and boomerang: as long as there is one Link to represent these fairly consistent aspects of the character, there doesn't need to be a version to represent him at a different age or art style.

-Sheik and Zero Suit Samus were both awful, awful character choices.

-Snake was just wrong. You don't put in characters to please your friend.

-Pokemon trainer was 3 slots wasted on characters that nobody seemed to want (I've heard Charizard was at least somewhat popular, but I did not see it).

-Wario was poorly done in Brawl, and I sincerely hope he'll be redone to make him more in line with his actual source material. Yeah, the Wario Waft is funny the first time, but its still a move which was made up for Smash when there is tons and tons of stuff he could draw from instead.

-Ice Climbers were kind of arbitrary. A character to "represent the Famicom"? Just about all the other characters appeared on the Famicom at some point. Why represent it more with a mediocre stand-alone game no one remembers? I'd still be slightly sad to see them go, but I won't act like they're deserving of being in.

-I like Mr. Game & Watch, but I fully recognize if he was never added, I'd never request a character to represent the Game & Watch games and would probably have been fine with a different character in his place.

-I can't even pretend to be excited over Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja. I won't pretend to be excited over the Chorus Men either.

-I genuinely believe Rosalina is a worthy addition.

-Tangentially related, I really didn't like Kid Icarus: Uprising. They should have just called it "Kid Icarus: Smash Bros Cash-In". It's like Sakurai was so proud of the designs of Pit and Palutena in Brawl that he wanted to make a whole game featuring them, despite the game having virtually nothing to do with the original outside of character names and setting. It also gave the excuse to add more KI content in the next Smash game. I have no doubt he designed the Palutena fight specifically to give her moves when he makes her a Smash Bros. character.

-I don't believe for one second that Sakurai didn't want to make this game and that Iwata pressured him into it because he truly believes this is something only Sakurai can do. Game series change directors all the time without issue. Iwata is Sakurai's long-time friend who gave him his first job as a director despite him having zero qualifications to do so, and is once again doing a friend a favour by reserving him a job he's clearly become quite attached to.

-If they needed to have two versions of the game, they should have let someone new handle one of them. This is a missed opportunity. Not only would it be better to allocate time and resources better so the games do not suffer loss of quality, but it was a chance for a new director to show what they could do at the helm of a Smash game while still letting Sakurai have his job.

-My choice on whether or not to buy the game will actually, believe it or not, be based on whether the content I see before-hand looks adequately satisfying to me; not because I've bought the other Smash games in the past or to reward the developers for their hard work. Honestly, at this point it seems unlikely (I think the Sal/Gematsu leak is going to be very close to what we're getting, if not all) but I'll keep an eye out just in case there are some very good surprises waiting. I really can't stand people who act like its a point of pride that they'll buy the game no matter what. I thought fanboyism was something to be frowned upon.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
-The competitive scene deserves to get knocked down quite a few pegs, dispite me attempting to join said scene.
I can somehow agree with this. Although the competetive people are usually the most passionate fans, the also tend to lock other people not deemed "worthy" out of their community, leading to that only the elite keeps playing the game six months after release. I think this is the reason why Sakurai didn't include online ranking - only the elite enjoys it and they scare away everyone else.

D

Deleted member

Might as well get some things off my chest:
-Wario was poorly done in Brawl, and I sincerely hope he'll be redone to make him more in line with his actual source material. Yeah, the Wario Waft is funny the first time, but its still a move which was made up for Smash when there is tons and tons of stuff he could draw from instead.
As usual, that's arguably not unpopular

-I can't even pretend to be excited over Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja. I won't pretend to be excited over the Chorus Men either.
Excluding the Chorus Men because WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE LEAK IS REAL Greninja and WFT are IMO very hit or miss characters. I'm very excited for Greninja (partly because he just looks fun and partly because he's my favorite gen VI mon by far), but I despise WFT.

-I genuinely believe Rosalina is a worthy addition.
Same as Wario, arguably not unpopular. She's gained a massive following that only seems to be growing.

-Tangentially related, I really didn't like Kid Icarus: Uprising. They should have just called it "Kid Icarus: Smash Bros Cash-In". It's like Sakurai was so proud of the designs of Pit and Palutena in Brawl that he wanted to make a whole game featuring them, despite the game having virtually nothing to do with the original outside of character names and setting. It also gave the excuse to add more KI content in the next Smash game. I have no doubt he designed the Palutena fight specifically to give her moves when he makes her a Smash Bros. character.
Care to elaborate? Seems to me that Sakurai just wanted to make the game because he saw potential in re-booting the series, not to cash in on Smash Bros.. Sure, SSBB can be credited with helping Kid Icarus be brought back into the public eye again, but I doubt that was the only reason the game was made.

-My choice on whether or not to buy the game will actually, believe it or not, be based on whether the content I see before-hand looks adequately satisfying to me; not because I've bought the other Smash games in the past or to reward the developers for their hard work. Honestly, at this point it seems unlikely (I think the Sal/Gematsu leak is going to be very close to what we're getting, if not all) but I'll keep an eye out just in case there are some very good surprises waiting. I really can't stand people who act like its a point of pride that they'll buy the game no matter what. I thought fanboyism was something to be frowned upon.
Hey, it's none of our business on whether you buy the game or not, it's not like we're going to burn you at the stake if you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Wii U version sells worse but is more critically acclaimed.
I think it's inevitable, man. The Wii U base could quadruple in size and still not match the 3DS demographic in sales. This goes for any game.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Meh... Kinda makes my blood boil... I gotta say something.
I will admit that KIU wouldn't of been nearly as popular if not for SSB, but it's silly to think it's a cash-in. First, I doubt Sakurai actually redesigned Pit beyond a few move ideas. From the sound of it, he works on broader things like modes, mechanics, and balance more than anything else. Second, KIU was being planned to be a Starfox game for a while, but being able to move and aim independently wasn't exactly Starfox. Iwata then came up with the idea to make it a Kid Icarus. And third, Sakurai is humble and probably wouldn't be planning out Palutena's inclusion way before KIU was complete. Two stages across both games isn't much, and there being so many items could just be that there's just that many more items now. Two characters... It's not even official, and we also don't know how many other characters are getting in. The boss fight being made just to make up some attacks? Sounds pretty silly, and moreso because none of her moves there would translate very well to SSB.

Opinions to stay on track:
-The Wii U version's sales are completely dependent on the 3DS's, the more SSB3Ds sold more SSBUs will be sold. Why? Because of a clever marketing trick. SSB3D will essentially be SSBU's advertising, and it explains SSBU coming second.
-Stage legality will be even more nightmarish then ever because of the alternate FDs.
-SSB4 will be the game that unifies the fanbase, but not Melee and the rest, instead the casual and hardcore fans and things such as no items and tiers will be much more widely excepted.
-Not exactly SSB per say, but I think the fans of lesser franchises should NOT feel entitled to any new game in whatever series. Nintendo stopped making them for a reason, and is a business first and foremost.
-Again not SSB, but said unpopular series won't magically save the Wii U or print money. They don't sell, and nobody wants to make them. Even remotely "real" console Pokemon games don't sell well, as the GC games and BR show.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
This is probably obvious to some, but here are some of my unpopular opinions regarding characters:
  • Paper Mario would be a great addition even though he's another Mario, I highly doubt he'd be a clone.
  • I'd prefer Medusa, but people have me convinced that Palutena is indeed more deserving(I don't have Uprising yet).
  • The only Zelda newcomers that I think are deserving are Tingle and Vaati. And I hate Tingle.
  • I think Sakurai will go with more popular newcomers this time.
  • I actually think it would be weird without Pac-Man and I'd be very shocked if he isn't playable.
  • I think Mii's are highly deserving. Not one of my favorites though.
  • Villager seems to be the funnest newcomer as of now, but he doesn't look too great competitively.
  • Krystal should only be considered if Falco were to be cut.
  • Speaking of Falco, an earlier post reminded me on how much I want to see Falco and Marth fail this time.
  • Mario deserves the most reps, then Pokémon.
  • I don't think F-Zero truly deserves another rep, mainly due to the difficulty creating a moveset. That said, I actually wouldn't mind Black Shadow.
  • The "Original 12" means absolutely nothing to me.
  • Villager and Greninja are my favorite newcomers so far!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
IKE IS A TERRIBLE CHARACTER AND I HOPE HE'S CUT FOR LITERALLY ANY OTHER CHARACTER

...there, I said it.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
**** (F-Word) all of the fans! Seriously, we're selfish, greedy individuals and all we do is contradict each other and pointlessly fight amongst ourselves. The only thing we're good for is sales, which is good because 99% of us will buy the game no matter what. The 1% who believe the game isn't good enough for them just because a certain character didn't get in I truly feel sorry for. I really feel for Sakurai having to put up with all our crap over the years, and I think that he has learned to just tune us all out. Sakurai is making this game for him not for us, artists work better that way though.

That being said here are my selfish, greedy, unpopular smash 4 opinions:

-I'm not against clones, but I also don't want anymore. I'm fine with all of Brawl's clones returning.

-Jigglypuff needs to go.

-Mewtwo needs to come back.

-Ike should stay.

-There's nothing unique about Chrom that's warrants him a playable spot. He is Fire Emblem's Zoroark and his popularity will fade just the same.

-I wish Snake would stay.

-Zelda does not need any newcomers especially not Ghirahim. He is Zelda's Zoroark.

-Everyone needs to accept that Ridley is not playable.

-I won't miss Squirtle or Ivysaur.

-Every character should get their own Final Smash

-I absolutely love erevy newcomer so far and hope Sakurai continues to add characters HE wants, and doesn't get pressured by the fans.

-I don't care how many characters get in this game just as long as they're all fun to play as.

YoungCatface

Smash Cadet
I don't know how to introduce this list, so...

-I don't believe Ridley will be playable in this or any future Smash Bros. game, nor do I want him to be.
-I'm taking an "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" approach to my thoughts on Gematsu's claims, primarily because of Wii Fit Trainer. I recognize that it might be luck and that Gematsu might be wrong, but for some reason I like being surprised and finding out I'm wrong about my predictions, so I don't mind believing in it.
-On a related note; if Pac-Man is in, I hope he's 8-bit like Galaga and the Rally X flag are. It would at least be better than the incarnation of the character seen in Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures.
-On another related note, people are discrediting Gematsu because it said "Pokemon from X and Y" without going into more detail (though it did say that before Greninja was announced). What if that's because there's more than one? Hawlucha, perhaps?
-I don't mind Greninja at all. I'd never heard of her before the Nintedo Direct (I stopped actively keeping up with Pokemon games after Platinum), but her moveset looks interesting (aside from having another Shadow Ball-esque neutral-B and another down-B counter move (I appreciate the Substitute doll though)).
-Ike, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake are all, in my opinion, in serious danger of getting removed. (I said the same thing about Toon Link before he was announced though, so what do I know?)
-I don't think the Zelda series should have another rep. I think the series as a whole has been represented fairly. That said, if there must be a new Zelda rep, I'd rather it be Tingle than Ghirahim.
-I'm worried about the Wii U version's sales. I know it'll probably be the better version of the game, but I've spoken to at least five people at my high school who've said they will only be getting the 3DS version and also aren't interested in the Wii U at all.
-The more I think about it, the more I'm okay with Mewtwo not coming back.
-I like that most of the Final Destinations appear to have different ledges and lengths.

EDIT: Added two more. Also, upon further reading of the thread, I've come to find that many of my opinions aren't so unpopular at all. I don't feel special anymore and this makes me very upset.

Last edited:

YoungCatface

Smash Cadet
... I guess, lol. I've never played Pac-Man World. I was thinking he'd be 8-bit because it's his most recognizable form and it'd also be consistent with the game's other confirmed Namco properties. I would prefer this version to the Ghostly Adventures version though.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
* I really don't get the hate against Zoroark (Or Deoxys, Genesect or practically any other potential Pokemon newcomer) they would have made pretty cool characters imo.
* I would love to see the blue pig wizard Ganon making it in. Seeing certain other forms doesn't really bother me very much.
* I'm not opposed to the Mario series getting 6 characters like people want Pokemon to.
* I'm completely cool with seeing a few more surprise additions.
* At this point, I would just like to have the games to come out now. (Most likely not an unpopular opinion but eh....)

Eh I guess that's it for now... *Walks away*

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think that a distinct ignorance (as in not knowing, or choosing not to know more about something) and basic need to be a contrarian (be against the "popular" opinions for the sake of it, or in layman's terms, being a hipster) contribute to a lot of these opinions. Not all of them, of course, but the ones that seem to bandwagon especially.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Out of all characters in Brawl, I feel that Ivysuar was the least deserving. Even with the 6 current newcomers, Ivysuar still feels short of needing to be in over any of the 6 new guys.

Last edited:

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
I don't want Mewtwo back.

I don't want Mewtwo back.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him or something like that, but I don't think that we need 3 Pokémon with almost the same neutral-B.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I don't like Mario's official artwork. Doesn't seem to capture "Mario." As a matter of fact, neither does Brawl's official artwork. I'd like to see him a bit more happy!

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I don't like Mario's official artwork. Doesn't seem to capture "Mario." As a matter of fact, neither does Brawl's official artwork. I'd like to see him a bit more happy!
Smash Mario has basically become the ultra-serious main character every fighting game has (like Ryu, Jin, Scorpion, etc.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't agree with the notion that "casuals will be done with this game in a month", which is something I see on all kinds of websites. I know plenty of "casual" Smash fans that play the games a lot. Not as much as the more dedicated fanbase, but they certainly don't send it to be traded-in or anything. Even when they are done with their prime time, they still come back to the game. It is a multiplayer focused game after all. It's natural that it be treated like this. I know "casual gamers" who will still whip out Smash 64, or even a game like Tekken 3, to this very day.

Tangentially related, but I highly disagree with the notion of "casual" and "hardcore" gamers being distinguishable things, at least in their commonly accepted definitions. The distinction is an arbitrary one, created for the sole purpose of making the "hardcore" gamers feel they are somehow more important. At the very least, I don't think the commonly accepted distinction of the two types is correct at all. To me, you're either a gamer or you're not. It's not like there can be such a thing as a "casual cook" and a "hardcore cook", for example. So I don't see why there is that distinction with gamers.

EpicDark

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicDark
If Pac-Man, Slippy Toad, Blaze, King K Rool, or any other uniconic character joins, I'll probably sell my Wii-U.

Issac sounds like a good character idea. I wish I liked him.

There best be some new events and modes to play... I hate the home-run contest now that Gannon might not be coming.

I don't care for Ridley not being a character. To play such a big character would be like playing as Master/Crazy Hand against little Jigglypuffs.

I hate the fact that there won't be a campaign.

I hate Toon Link. He's a clone of Link. Can't change my mind on that one. Falco/Fox is a different scenario because there was at least an attempt to make them different.

Bring back Roy. He's my boy.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I don't want Chrom to be revealed next; we've seen enough blue. Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Greninja, Sonic's return, ZSS and Shiek, good ol' Marth. Give us some contrast!
Shulk, Ridley, Palutena and KKR should be good enough for you.

-I really don't care about Smash Run.
-I've never tried online mode, and thus I don't care about that either.
-I don't really care for Geno that much.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
  • Pokémon is my favorite series represented, and I'm pretty much uninterested in the inclusion of Pokémon characters. The more they add, the more I know will just be replaced as time goes on. It's too unstable of a series for me to get attached to newcomers from it.
  • I don't think Sheik or Zamus should be separate characters, especially Sheik. The fact that she's Zelda in disguise was the only reason she got into Smash to begin with.
  • The character reveals (both new and returning) were the part I cared least for in the Direct. My favorite part was the information about online play.
  • Toad and Pac-Man are the most deserving characters that have yet to be included, by far.
  • I will be crushed if Pac-Man or King K. Rool isn't playable, but I don't expect either of them.
  • Character diversity should come from moveset and playstyle diversity, not "diversity" in the sense of demographics. We're talking about a game where half the cast isn't even human.
  • I think that 90% of the 3DS stages look anywhere from mediocre to unplayable, and I think Balloon Fight actually looks like the best one so far, barring mutual stages like Battlefield and Boxing Ring.
  • Also, Smash Run looks more entertaining to me than standard VS play on the 3DS version.
  • If trophies are going to be like Brawl's again, I'd rather just not have them. Same goes for Target Smash. Luckily, it looks like the latter is going to be rehauled.
  • I don't like the idea of separating stages between home console and handheld themes. Series like Pokémon and Pikmin are going to ignore the rule anyway, so it's just going to be a disorganized mess of logic.
  • Most of the stages don't excite me because they're from very recent games that I have no nostalgia for yet. The Wii U stage design has been excellent so far, however. Even Palutena's Temple looks fun, and it's New Pork City on steroids.
  • People get way too hung up on "moveset potential". Ganondorf shows that any character with a lot of material to work with can have an uninspired moveset, and many characters, especially newcomers, show that "low potential" characters can have unique movesets.
  • Not wanting Pac-Man isn't an unpopular opinion, at least on this site, as it's probably the most stated opinion in this thread.
  • Smash Bros should take a break after the Wii U and 3DS versions get released. It should skip a generation and then return the next. We'll have two games (plus 64, Melee, and Brawl) to tide us over.
  • I don't like the decision to include the Kalos Pokémon League as a Wii U stage. Not only do I think that Generation VI has some of the worst potential for stages in the series, but I also would've preferred they pull locations from home console Pokémon games. They exist. Just because they're not made by Game Freak, doesn't mean they should be ignored.
  • If you play to win and actually take time out of your day to talk about the game on a message board, you're not "casual". If you play to win, you're not "casual". If you buy the game because it has your favorite Fire Emblem character in it, you're not "casual". I think the "casual" and "hardcore" titles are misnomers and we need replacements to make distinctions between tournament players, hardcore non-tourney players, and true casuals.
  • Color TV Game-15, Substitute Doll, and Fire Bar are the best newcomers so far.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
  • I think any character is deserving to be in smash as long as they are apart of Nintnedo's history, that includes charters new, old, retro, modern, etc.
  • I applaud Sakurai on all the work and effort he's put in making this game. From characters, to stages, to items, to modes everything has a lot of heart and effort put into this especially considering how he's working on two games at once.
  • When I first heard Namco was working on the game I was presently surprised. Knowing their fighting game background I was happy to know that their team, along side Sora, could help make smash more balanced and overall enjoyable for everyone.
  • Overall I think the Smash community is a complete mess. For a series that bring best of multiple worlds I can hardly say the same for the fan-base. Everyone is at each others throats and the community seems segregated completely. It's hard to see so many different groups only focusing on wanting to have smash accommodate to them rather than trying too keep an open mind and seeing how the game and the community can improve overall in the future. All these issues was the biggest reason why I had worries joining the smash community but since I'm here it looks like I'm apart of this madness too.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Warning Received
  • I think any character is deserving to be in smash as long as they are apart of Nintnedo's history, that includes charters new, old, retro, modern, etc.
  • I applaud Sakurai on all the work and effort he's put in making this game. From characters, to stages, to items, to modes everything has a lot of heart and effort put into this especially considering how he's working on two games at once.
  • When I first heard Namco was working on the game I was presently surprised. Knowing their fighting game background I was happy to know that their team, along side Sora, could help make smash more balanced and overall enjoyable for everyone.
  • Overall I think the Smash community is a complete mess. For a series that bring best of multiple worlds I can hardly say the same for the fan-base. Everyone is at each others throats and the community seems segregated completely. It's hard to see so many different groups only focusing on wanting to have smash accommodate to them rather than trying too keep an open mind and seeing how the game and the community can improve overall in the future. All these issues was the biggest reason why I had worries joining the smash community but since I'm here it looks like I'm apart of this madness too.
Yes, yes, yes and YESYESYESYES. Seriously, I hate every stinkin' corner of the entitled SSB fanbase.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Shulk, Ridley, Palutena and KKR should be good enough for you.

-I really don't care about Smash Run.
-I've never tried online mode, and thus I don't care about that either.
-I don't really care for Geno that much.
Right. To be clear, I don't not want Chrom, I just don't want to see another blue character next.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Here's a check list of sorts, that hopefully neglects silly one liners with the substance of "you suck" for a more enjoyable environment and discourse.

Understand perspective - There are multiple "sects" within the Smash community, there are no entitlements without due deserve. Someone's opinion is based on their perspective (a casual, a tournament competitive player, an online player, etc) and what they suggest is (without being purposely antagonistic) for the improvement of their "group" and not a detriment to any other demographic.
Understand the human reality - That people know what they say is just an opinion, that they know there is an unlikelihood to change, and although their tone may come off as otherwise, they understand the reality, in other words the fictitious nature of their ideas
Do not discredit people or invalidate opinions based off your own perspective, but how that scenario would impact positively or negatively on others.

It's hard to read through some of these pages with a straight face when there is consistent and considerate "my opinion is better than yours" attitudes going on here. What's the point? Opinions are there to be clarified, not destroyed. If people are being antagonistic for the sake of it, report it and don't entertain them.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
* I don't believe Skeik or ZSS should have ever been characters, especially ZSS, and now even more so for Sheik with Greninja in. Also, Toon Link. Go away!

* WFT is my favorite newcomer so far.

* Lucario is being shoved down everyone's throats by gamefreak. He's the epitome of lazy, uncreative pokemon designs, should never have been in smash, and there are far better pokemon from every generation that should have made it in.

* attack lag and hit stun are FAR more important than running or falling speed in making the game 'fast paced'. Those are the things we should be focusing on, and hopefully the developers are too.

* random tripping was a good idea (imagine if I really believed that lololol)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Here's a check list of sorts, that hopefully neglects silly one liners with the substance of "you suck" for a more enjoyable environment and discourse.

Understand perspective - There are multiple "sects" within the Smash community, there are no entitlements without due deserve. Someone's opinion is based on their perspective (a casual, a tournament competitive player, an online player, etc) and what they suggest is (without being purposely antagonistic) for the improvement of their "group" and not a detriment to any other demographic.
Understand the human reality - That people know what they say is just an opinion, that they know there is an unlikelihood to change, and although their tone may come off as otherwise, they understand the reality, in other words the fictitious nature of their ideas
Do not discredit people or invalidate opinions based off your own perspective, but how that scenario would impact positively or negatively on others.

It's hard to read through some of these pages with a straight face when there is consistent and considerate "my opinion is better than yours" attitudes going on here. What's the point? Opinions are there to be clarified, not destroyed. If people are being antagonistic for the sake of it, report it and don't entertain them.
Thank you for this Shaya I thought the thread was locked for good. >.> Will copy/paste this in the OP.

Thanks to all of the mods actually for keeping this thread civil I had no idea such a volatile thread would last this long or would receive so much mod support.

Back on topic...

I would be 100% okay if we didn't get any more newcomer reveals until E3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom