• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
All characters deconfirmed but Captain Falcon Confirmed to occupy every character slot including random. All stages are various forms of stages from FZero and all items are replaced with Falcon helmets of varying colors. Announcer's voice is replaced with the voice of Falcon but only answers in the form of "YESZ" and "YEEEEHHHHHHHH-AHHHHHHH." These answers will always make sense.

On the real though, I think seperating characters that previously transformed is a good thing but at the same time a cop out on Sakurai's part to include "more" characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Fixed. Why should Ridley be the only one singled out?
Ridley is the most prominent one on the receiving end at the moment, though I agree that such wallowing should not be done with any character. That being said, I don't consider pointing out unpleasant realities (e.g. Super Metroid Ridley is not going to be playable while Other M Ridley is a boss, stop kidding yourselves) the same as wallowing (e.g. haha, suck it, you delusional Ridley f****ts, I've waited so long to taste your tears).

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Hate Toon Link. Hate clones in general. Why should we have a copy version of a very well known character? ugh also I hate his artwork.
-Greninja. A shameless plug for the latest Pokemon movie. BYE. We already have a far more cool ninja in our roster.
-Not a big fan of Mewtwo but please he's far more iconic than Lucario will ever be.
-R.O.B and Lucas should be cut (if they aren't already).
-Little Mac is a crap newcomer. He's a boring generic boxer, no thank you.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Not sure if this is unpopular but...Little Mac's trailer is, to this day, the best trailer I have ever seen associated with the Smash Bros. series.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what the general opinion was on the Subspace Emissary, but I thought that it was total garbage and a complete waste of disc space and development resources, more so than a handheld release. The plot was really meh, the level design was atrocious (No designs that revolve around specific characters? Really?), boss fights consisted of spamming the same attack over and over, and it made unlocking characters too easy. Back in Melee, it was exciting to get new characters. You never really felt like you "beat" the game. I'm happy that SSB4 won't have it and that Sakurai is focusing his attention on refining the game.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this is unpopular but...Little Mac's trailer is, to this day, the best trailer I have ever seen associated with the Smash Bros. series.
You're right, that's not unpopular.
Greninja's trailer is pretty hype though

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
-Hate Toon Link. Hate clones in general. Why should we have a copy version of a very well known character? ugh also I hate his artwork.
-Greninja. A shameless plug for the latest Pokemon movie. BYE. We already have a far more cool ninja in our roster.
-Not a big fan of Mewtwo but please he's far more iconic than Lucario will ever be.
-R.O.B and Lucas should be cut (if they aren't already).
-Little Mac is a crap newcomer. He's a boring generic boxer, no thank you.
Little Mac and Lucas are cool though :(

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think the Trailer featured in the 4.8.2014 direct was the best. That or the original E3 Trailer.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I think the Trailer featured in the 4.8.2014 direct was the best. That or the original E3 Trailer.
The E3 Trailer was amazing because it was like "yes! smash is back! wooo! oh snap! Megaman! Yes!"

I think the Mac trailer hit me hard because of the music and the fact that they showed him training. It's almost like Sakurai was implying that Mac has been training to be in Smash, which is why he hasn't been a fighter until now. And Doc narrating the trailer just made it perfect.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The E3 Trailer was amazing because it was like "yes! smash is back! wooo! oh snap! Megaman! Yes!"

I think the Mac trailer hit me hard because of the music and the fact that they showed him training. It's almost like Sakurai was implying that Mac has been training to be in Smash, which is why he hasn't been a fighter until now. And Doc narrating the trailer just made it perfect.
Doc narrating was what made the trailer for me. Love that guy lol.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
All the newcomers still suxxxxx

Actually Greninja is alright. then Wii Fit trainer. but they still aren't all that great. but other then that.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Unpopular opinion #1,014: This thread still needs a sticky.

Also, Charizard's reveal was more hype than Greninja's. #OldSchool>NewSchool

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think there are going to be around a 42 character roster, not counting transformations.
Hah! Transformations are gone. Idiot. Honestly how stupid can you get. I bet you feel stupid now about the 42-43 character roster thing.

I believe the best cuts would berep it, Lucario or Jiggs but noth both.
Man you're stupid. Lucario was revealed already. And Jiggs ain't going no where. God you are a stupid mofo.

Pokemon Trainer should be scrapped for just Charizard or totally reworked in terms of mechanics. Preferably the latter with Stamina, Forced Switching, and Switching time being fixed.
You got something right..... Well fine then. Take this;

I think most of the newcomers should be retro characters.
Not a single new retro rep has been revealed yet. You so stupid. I feel bad for your mother.

/totallynotcopyingQuilthereseriously

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
An unpopular Smash 4 opinion I share:

I don't like Greninja as a newcomer. I'd rather have just about any Pokemon at this point besides him.

Even Pichu, who I DESPISED in Melee.

D

Deleted member

Hah! Transformations are gone. Idiot. Honestly how stupid can you get. I bet you feel stupid now about the 42-43 character roster thing.

Man you're stupid. Lucario was revealed already. And Jiggs ain't going no where. God you are a stupid mofo.

You got something right..... Well fine then. Take this;

Not a single new retro rep has been revealed yet. You so stupid. I feel bad for your mother.

/totallynotcopyingQuilthereseriously
I was going to scold you
But then I saw who you were quoting
Well played

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Unpopular opinions:
Ridley fanboys are delusional and defensive
Doc Louis should be playable, and his final smash should be stealing bikes from other players
Glass is Nine Million times more deserving than Google Chrom for the new FE character slot.
Kris from Pokemon Crystal should be a playable character, but not as a Pokemon Trainer. She should be a fighter herself to throw her rage for being replaced in the HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes.

this_plumber

Smash Rookie
Well,

While I actually really enjoyed SSE in Brawl, I understand its flaws and why it shouldn't happen again. That being said I still think sm4sh deserves a story/adventure, just done the right way this time. It would be a waste of beautiful ass cinematics for them to only be beautiful ass cinematics in the game *sigh* theyre so much more than that.

Lucas/Snake shouldn't be cut, and I can see the devs keeping him, but I'd understand if he was.

The FD forms of other stages thing is just perfect

Greninja was a smart move and I'd say Mewtwo has a little ass chance of coming back. Also most people dont realize that Pokemon had six reps in Brawl, so there should be one more rep coming through assuming Jiggs is here to stay (she is).

People also dont realize that even if sheik, jiggs, lucas, or whoever else is irrelevant in each of their respective series, theyre VERY relevant in the Smash Bros series. I cant stand when people use that argument. The smash series has adopted them and MADE them important.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I really don't care if Ridley is in the game. In fact, even if he was playable, I think he would be awkward to play as. He's better fit as a boss.

K. Rool would be great, but he probably shouldn't be in because of how irrelevant he is to the Donkey Kong series by now.

Tingle should be in over any other Zelda rep, including Toon Zelda or Midna or Skyward Sword characters.

I wish Wario's moveset was totally Warioland based and had nothing to do with WarioWare (I don't think this one's that unpopular, but I was on a roll).

D

Deleted member

I don't understand why people want no cuts from Brawl. The roster was good, but I say that we could lose some characters on the roster.
The only characters from Brawl that I don't want to get cut are the 64 veterans, the Melee veterans that made it into Brawl, Pit, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Lucario, and Sonic. Characters that I haven't mentioned are characters that I can live without.
  • Toon Link: Not a fan of his return. He represents the now more prominent Toon art style of Zelda games, but I rather have someone more unique.
  • R.O.B.: I hate his uninspired moveset. If he got cut, I wouldn't care.
  • Wolf: I want him to return, but I would understand if he got cut.
  • Pokemon Trainer: I rather see him get cut to free development time and resources. Charizard returning was the better idea than to bring back the trainer itself. I like Red, but he takes up way too much time in my eyes.
  • Ike: Like Wolf, I want him to return, but I would understand if he got cut.
  • Lucas: I say that we can easily lose him. It would be sad to see his tragic story not get represented, but I feel as though Ness represents EarthBound as a whole just fine. Right now, I say that Ness is in a much safer position than Lucas is.
  • Snake: I'd rather see him get cut for other 3rd party characters, specifically Bomberman.
The only unconfirmed Brawl newcomers I want to see return at this point are Wario, Meta Knight, Wolf, and Ike.

My primary Brawl cuts for now are Lucas, R.O.B., Snake, and the Pokemon Trainer.
Lucas is uninteresting in my opinion. It would be sad to see his tragic story get unrepresented, but I say that we can live without Lucas.
I can't see R.O.B. get cut, but he is just bland and his moveset is uninspiring. If R.O.B. was cut for a more interesting newcomer, then I'm game.
Snake... I rather not get into. That's a long story on its own. He could potentially get cut.
I say that the remaining Trainer's Pokemon, Squirtle and Ivysaur, should get cut. I can't see them rejoining the fray after that Direct. They are in a much bigger danger zone than Charizard is. Also, I rather not have Generation I be overrepresented...

I want Ike and Wolf to return, but it's possible that we could lose them; I would be upset if they got cut, but I would understand.

Overall... I just don't understand why people want no cuts from Brawl. We could lose a couple of characters. Besides, having some characters get cut would give me a reason to go back and play Brawl.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Overall... I just don't understand why people want no cuts from Brawl. We could lose a couple of characters. Besides, having some characters get cut would give me a reason to go back and play Brawl.
Because people want the characters they liked playing as in previous games? There's no reason to make cuts unless the devs don't have time to program every character from the past game, or in Snake's case, possible copyright issues.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-I would like Anthony Higgs XD
-I don't want a FE newcomer.
-I hate retro characters.
-I think Bandana Dee is extremely likely.
-I don't like Pokemon Trainer and I think he will not return.
-The only reason I would like K.Rool in Smash is because that probably would mean more classic DK music like Crocodile Cacophony, but I don't care about the character.
-If Pikachu doesn't have Iron Tail this time, I would be dissapointed.
-Jigglypuff looks better in Melee than in Brawl XD
-I loved Pichu in Melee.
-I would like Krystal, but I would accept her only after a Kirby, DK and Metroid newcomer.
-Mewtwo needs a new moveset, tail attacks are ridiculous.
-I love Wario Ware, but I didn't like Wario in Brawl, he needs Wario Land moves...and a decent running animation.
-I think 2 DK newcomers are pretty impossible.
-Meta Knight needs a lot of nerfs, BUT buffs in other attacks too.
-I would like Baby Mario in Yoshi's back, that would be much more iconic IMO.
-Roy = Pichu = Dr. Mario = Young Link.
-Melee Fox is incredibly ugly, Brawl Fox looks much better, same with Falco and Ganondorf.
-I like Wii Fit Trainer, but Villager...not so much.
-All the stages look like a big Final Destination/Battlefield, and I love it.
-I would like Toad or Bowser Jr.
-Waluigi never had a chance and I'm very surprised with the reactions of some people.
-I hope the release date is in December.
-I hope all the unlockable characters are incredibly hard to unlock (Not like Ness in Brawl, play 5 matches? Wat?!)
-I like Brawl Plus more than Project M.
-Charizard needs to be bigger if he is in this game XD
-I think the 3DS version is a mistake :/
-I would be dissapointed if the characters's voice clips are the same than in Brawl.
-I don't care so much about the items.
-Bomberman > Snake.
-I don't like Pikachu's face, he needs to look more angry, same with Kirby.

TA-DA!
:cool:

Yes!
I'm very happy with Solo Charizard :D

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Cuts that I wouldn't mind:
  • Falco
  • Toon Link
  • Jigglypuff
  • Ice Climbers
  • Snake

Other opinions that I could think of:
  • I want a bigger Adventure Mode than Melee's but less than Subspace.
  • Mario deserves 6 reps and has three well deserved choices to pick from: Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr.
  • Not the biggest supporter but Ridley still has a chance and I think Sakurai is teasing us.
  • Charizard hyped me more in that trailer than Greninja(And I really like his inclusion).

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
-I'm dissapointed that Charizard returned.
-I'm neutral towards Greninja.
-I'm even more hyped to play as WFT.
-I think Olimar's nerfs were a bit too much.
-PseudoPaluneta creeps the **** out of me.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Tingle should be in over any other Zelda rep, including Toon Zelda or Midna or Skyward Sword characters.
I agree. He's more deserving than the other Zelda rep that are constantly named here including the one-shot villains I love like Ghirahim and Skull Kid. He has been the protagonist in three games (mostly exclusives for Japan and Europe) and it's a very well known character (if mostly hated in America) overall from the series.
Having said though I don't think he's going to be in. Villager is using his signature balloon move so I highly doubt he's in now.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
People give up way too easily. Even if they're in the right, it's irksome for them to push it on everyone else.

And no, this doesn't specifically refer to a single character. It goes from anything to "this is game looks just like Brawl" to hope for DLC.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
- I find Mario Galaxy to be an ugly looking stage, graphically. It looks fanmade almost. The shine that outlines the characters is a nice touch though.
-There's too many Zelda items.
-Greninja is not a Nintendo All-Star, and probably didn't deserve to get in, but he has the funnest looking moveset out of all the newcomers, and he makes the Pokemon roster exciting.
-I don't care about Ridley's fate.
- Haven't seen anyone mention it, but Yoshi standing upright is not a new thing. He already stood upright in Brawl

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I actually don't think jigglypuff should come back. She probably will but the only reason I can think of for her to do so is tradition's sake. She is hardly relevant anymore even in her own series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom