• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You are killing me with this Super Metroid Ridley, i think his Other M design looked rather "inconsistent" with the Samus in Brawl/PM.
While he certainly doesn't fits Super Metroid Samus, she can be replaced with SSB4/Other M version with mods. Smash 3 team is making Super Metroid AND SSB4 version, so, not much is lost if you like their mods.

I want to ask you about something - does this looks right:

And normal model in same pose just for the sake of comparing them:

I want to decrease Ridley's range, but here is a problem - i can't just decrease translation values of his tail bones because they will get distorted that way, but i can't just scale it down because its already very thin outside of its tail blade, which is ridicolously big. So, with vertex editing magic, i did this. It looks kinda too thick though. Maybe thats just me because it actually is thinner than Brawl Ridley's tail when his model is scaled down to same size.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
While he certainly doesn't fits Super Metroid Samus, she can be replaced with SSB4/Other M version with mods. Smash 3 team is making Super Metroid AND SSB4 version, so, not much is lost if you like their mods.

I want to decrease Ridley's range, but here is a problem - i can't just decrease translation values of his tail bones because they will get distorted that way, but i can't just scale it down because its already very thin outside of its tail blade, which is ridicolously big. So, with vertex editing magic, i did this. It looks kinda too thick though. Maybe thats just me because it actually is thinner than Brawl Ridley's tail when his model is scaled down to same size.
The tail on the new model is too bulky. Maybe have the old tail size (but less segments to match the new length) so that it looks more natural.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Yeah, it would be awesome to have more slots, but at other hand, its better that way. Because with limited slots, PMDT has to chose only those who are absolutely necessary and not waste time on too many characters.
Angelglory's model would fit Brawl a lot better than this one. He has to finish it first though.
Angelglory? there's another Beast Ganon model?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
If the tail is doing to be that thick, then its spikes should be removed. That would probably make it look better. Love the smaller, purple tail blade though. Good job on that.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Angelglory? there's another Beast Ganon model?
Yes. Here it is:

Looks more fitting for Brawl. It even has his trident:

So, its more of good ol' Ganon than Beast Ganon.
If the tail is doing to be that thick, then its spikes should be removed. That would probably make it look better.
Not that thick and spikes make him more threatening...or something.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Nice work so far, no notifications on this thread for me once more oddly enough... Rather bothersome.
Nothing to test for me I see. My phobia of centipedes came with that tail though. Haha still, I live what you did.
All those models I looked at in the last four pages are lovely.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Nice work so far, no notifications on this thread for me once more oddly enough... Rather bothersome.
Nothing to test for me I see. My phobia of centipedes came with that tail though. Haha still, I live what you did.
All those models I looked at in the last four pages are lovely.
Just visit it from time to time. They will appear again.

How about now:

Looks better, but not sure if it looks good. Still looks like a centipede.
Also, since i use different materials for his tail blade here, i can fix that weird spot on his beak.

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Better than before, I'd even leave it that way. The textures might need adjustments though, the fact that it's a thoroughly dark shade makes it seem kinda off when compared to his main body.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Better than before, I'd even leave it that way. The textures might need adjustments though, the fact that it's a thoroughly dark shade makes it seem kinda off when compared to his main body.
If you mean tail blade, then i guess i can use another texture. I'd better use already existing one to save file space. If you mean everything else on the tail, then...well...ok then...

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Just visit it from time to time. They will appear again.

How about now:

Looks better, but not sure if it looks good. Still looks like a centipede.
Also, since i use different materials for his tail blade here, i can fix that weird spot on his beak.
Looking better. Doesn't really invoke the boyhood memory of a centipede crawling in my trousers so that's good!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Yes. Here it is:

Looks more fitting for Brawl. It even has his trident:

So, its more of good ol' Ganon than Beast Ganon.

Not that thick and spikes make him more threatening...or something.
holy damn!

tell Angelglory that to keep up the good work.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Don't know. I still have to finish few things (new 100% ledge attack because current one is unnecessarily flashy,
Yeah about this one. I like the tail thing, but his getup after the attack takes too long. You can literally smash punish Ridley from running across the other side of Final Destination during his climbing animation.

Perhaps reduce the tail hits form 3 to just one stab as well.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah about this one. I like the tail thing, but his getup after the attack takes too long. You can literally smash punish Ridley from running across the other side of Final Destination during his climbing animation.

Perhaps reduce the tail hits form 3 to just one stab as well.
No, i'll just make it a normal attack that is not related to current version in any way. Its easier and fits better.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Doesn't looks organic like this though and they will noticably warp when tail is bent.
So why not recreate the original model's (your model) segments, but this time it will have less segments due to the shorter length of the new tail. I know this is easier said then done, but is this idea feasible?

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Doesn't looks organic like this though and they will noticably warp when tail is bent.
I've seen a few creatures with armourskin like that. Organic with that sort of tail depends on colouration really.
But warping is a problem... Have them bent in a certain manner? Like the way the skin is it would bend with two of the major scales kind of protruding out backward... Ugh I think I can describe better by drawing it out, sorry will be back momentarily (tomorrow late over here).

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Quadley.png

So I decided to try out a quadropedal stance for Ridley; and it actually looks nice. Not sure if this could become some kind of alternate idle, but it is nice that it looks decent.

Looks better than he does in Smash 4, at least. :p Though admittedly, that is not too hard to accomplish...

OmegaBazil

Smash Rookie
View attachment 50144
So I decided to try out a quadropedal stance for Ridley; and it actually looks nice. Not sure if this could become some kind of alternate idle, but it is nice that it looks decent.

Looks better than he does in Smash 4, at least. :p Though admittedly, that is not too hard to accomplish...
Indeed i love it!

I like ridleys tail right now bagan Changing it would take away the ridley feel about him he looks more ferosous then he did before. If you wanting to change the tail make a seprate version of it i for one adore ridley you made please dont take that away from him ridley fan for life!!! In honesty i fear him as he is now if you changed his tail i couldent and any other cant take him as serious anymore :(
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z38NBzwNlWA
but if you still wanna do it heres a good ridley look you can aim for

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 50144

His Other M stance looks better (his arms don't look...flat) though.
So why not recreate the original model's (your model) segments, but this time it will have less segments due to the shorter length of the new tail. I know this is easier said then done, but is this idea feasible?
That won't work well without re-rigging it, something i can't do.
I've seen a few creatures with armourskin like that. Organic with that sort of tail depends on colouration really.
But warping is a problem... Have them bent in a certain manner? Like the way the skin is it would bend with two of the major scales kind of protruding out backward... Ugh I think I can describe better by drawing it out, sorry will be back momentarily (tomorrow late over here).
The way his tail is done, even his tail spikes warp if you will look closely and to prevent that from being noticable, i would have to make it look rather stiff. Either re-rig the tail or add a model of required shape to each segment, but it will not work well considering how detailed his model already is.
I like ridleys tail right now bagan Changing it would take away the ridley feel about him he looks more ferosous then he did before. If you wanting to change the tail make a seprate version of it i for one adore ridley you made please dont take that away from him ridley fan for life!!! In honesty i fear him as he is now if you changed his tail i couldent and any other cant take him as serious anymore :(
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z38NBzwNlWA
but if you still wanna do it heres a good ridley look you can aim for
Hard to understand this, but default version will not change much. Tail will get shorter and tail blade will be changed like it is on images above, but spikes will remain, so, i think it will be fine.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Your Brawl Ridley with Other M wings gave me an idea. What you gave Other M Ridley, Brawl Ridley's tail (recolored to match Other M Ridley of course). I believe that tail is shorter based on the images you have shown us and it doesn't look awkward either.

Could it work? Would it look nice?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Your Brawl Ridley with Other M wings gave me an idea. What you gave Other M Ridley, Brawl Ridley's tail (recolored to match Other M Ridley of course). I believe that tail is shorter based on the images you have shown us and it doesn't look awkward either.

Could it work? Would it look nice?
Nah. Polygon Brawl Ridley's tail is polygon for pretty much everything on him outside of spikes on the back, everything above his chest and wings. And since i can't rig anything or even separate verticles, that can't be done, but it could work. Not sure how it would look like.
Gotcha. The limits... The limits!!
My god.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

I like the bulk, but just not that bulky.

Top Bottom