• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Thanks. I doubt it will get a place unless SilentDo0m will revamp every animation outside of those that i imported from Other M Ridley's animations.

Just want to show you something before my internet connection will be cut off:

Ignore obvious difference in skin color of his wings and...everything else. Changes done to the model outside of wings are:
  • Removed collision bones that are not used by playable characters in such way.
  • Decreased neck and head size by 15%.
  • Replaced wings.
BAGAN REVIVED OUR FORMER CUNNING GOD OF DEATH

LET'S US CELEBRATE SPACE PIRATES

(excitement aside: the neck needs to be larger just a little bit, i wonder if you can change the color into the exact color of Brawl Rids' texture?)

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
(excitement aside: the neck needs to be larger just a little bit, i wonder if you can change the color into the exact color of Brawl Rids' texture?)
On the texture front, I'd actually like something more purple, like your custom Other M model but a little lighter and more vibrant (though I think that color works there). I don't think blue suits him very well.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Alright, so I've decided to revamp the old skin a bit; so far I've redone the wings (using the texture Bagan is using as a base and modifing the brightness, color and such) and have done up the eyes slightly (they have actual irises now!), as well as some minor aesthetic touches (basically brightening some of the parts that would look decent glowy to make a psuedo-glow effect). I'll probably end up doing more to try and make it a bit better, but it looks decent for now.

Note that the only files in the .zip are related to the skin, so don't plop the "pit" folder into the "fighter" folder thinking it has everything unless you want the game to have issues. :p

Also, some images of the remake in-game;
al_150423_1736.bin.out.jpg

The red speck is the added pupil, not a compression problem. :p
al_150423_1627.bin.out.jpg

The wings also look a lot better now than they did before, as well; they actually look like energy somewhat, and not...well, energy-skinned flesh. :p

(If Bagan wants me to stop hijacking his thread, I wouldn't mind moving! Just sharing this here since it's, well, obviously a mod of this mod. :p)

Attachments

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I doubt it will get a place unless SilentDo0m will revamp every animation outside of those that i imported from Other M Ridley's animations.

Just want to show you something before my internet connection will be cut off:

Ignore obvious difference in skin color of his wings and...everything else. Changes done to the model outside of wings are:
  • Removed collision bones that are not used by playable characters in such way.
  • Decreased neck and head size by 15%.
  • Replaced wings.
The wings look fine on him, just some texture changes to make the wings look more like Brawl Ridley's skin textures and they'll look perfect.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
So is the plan with this Brawl/Other M Ridley is to rig him to do everything the current Ridley does? Or will the animations need to be completely redone?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
In non-custom skin-related news; I've managed to get Ridley to replace Pit in the sc_title file.

Only problem is in the initial horizontal pan he's horribly flat. :p Like, Paper Mario flat.

Might have something to do with the angle of the shot, will try to fix.

Last edited:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The momentum capture code seems to stop working after I install the Ridley mod. Can someone lend me a hand here?

YoBaka

Smash Rookie
Absolutely fantastic. Love this mod. The provided tutorial has also helped me to add other characters in as well. Very helpful.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
How did you change the results screen name and franchise icon? I can't find the codes for this anywhere and I want to do it on another character

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
As a additional bug report, the freezing in place when using the Neutral-B glitch happens on Melee Pokémon Stadium, as well.

EDIT: Oh, and I've managed to create a decent looking opening scroll that has Ridley replacing Pit, as in the actual game. Installation is pathetically easy;
  • Unzip the "sc_title" file using an archiver that can read .zip files, like WinRAR.
  • Once unzipped, place the contained "sc_title" .PAC file into the SD card, under this directory:
    SDHC/SD>projectm>pf>menu2
    If you plan on eventually removing the mod, definitely make a backup of the original sc_title and store it somewhere else on the SD card (or on the computer, either works). Otherwise, enjoy the new, Pit-less opening! (well, until it goes to the Subspace scenes, at least :p)
At the rate I'm making contributions and edits to this mod, it's like I'm an unofficial mod dev. :p

Attachments

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
As a additional bug report, the freezing in place when using the Neutral-B glitch happens on Melee Pokémon Stadium, as well.

EDIT: Oh, and I've managed to create a decent looking opening scroll that has Ridley replacing Pit, as in the actual game. Installation is pathetically easy;
  • Unzip the "sc_title" file using an archiver that can read .zip files, like WinRAR.
  • Once unzipped, place the contained "sc_title" .PAC file into the SD card, under this directory:
    If you plan on eventually removing the mod, definitely make a backup of the original sc_title and store it somewhere else on the SD card (or on the computer, either works). Otherwise, enjoy the new, Pit-less opening! (well, until it goes to the Subspace scenes, at least :p)
At the rate I'm making contributions and edits to this mod, it's like I'm an unofficial mod dev. :p
This sounds awesome! I'll go get my Computer to download this

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
My only gripe on this model is the neck. If at all possible, make it a bit thicker.
Thats everyone's gripe. Thats just the default model. I will try to replicate that model i used before (with longer lower jaw, spiky tail, longer horns, etc).
On the texture front, I'd actually like something more purple, like your custom Other M model but a little lighter and more vibrant (though I think that color works there). I don't think blue suits him very well.
That would certainly help with changing his wing textures. Those blue textures aren't made by me and are taken from his trophy model (his boss model has purple textures...i don't know why). I can easily use those and just make them more saturated.
How did you change the results screen name and franchise icon? I can't find the codes for this anywhere and I want to do it on another character
-Pit is called "Ridley" on results screen;
0445583C 03000000
-Ridley has Metroid franchise icon;
044565BC 8059E060
But i don't think name replacement will work unless that name is already in the game, so, no things like Villager, Rosalina, Crash, etc. Franchise icon replacement code should be somewhere on KC-MM's tutorials page. I don't know where did PyotrLuzhin got name replacement code though.
That model looks amazing, will it get recolors?
Thanks and yes.
BAGAN REVIVED OUR FORMER CUNNING GOD OF DEATH

LET'S US CELEBRATE SPACE PIRATES

Thanks.
I can. Will take 1 minute.
Alright, so I've decided to revamp the old skin a bit; so far I've redone the wings (using the texture Bagan is using as a base and modifing the brightness, color and such) and have done up the eyes slightly (they have actual irises now!), as well as some minor aesthetic touches (basically brightening some of the parts that would look decent glowy to make a psuedo-glow effect). I'll probably end up doing more to try and make it a bit better, but it looks decent for now.

Note that the only files in the .zip are related to the skin, so don't plop the "pit" folder into the "fighter" folder thinking it has everything unless you want the game to have issues. :p

Also, some images of the remake in-game;View attachment 48771
The red speck is the added pupil, not a compression problem. :pView attachment 48772
The wings also look a lot better now than they did before, as well; they actually look like energy somewhat, and not...well, energy-skinned flesh. :p

(If Bagan wants me to stop hijacking his thread, I wouldn't mind moving! Just sharing this here since it's, well, obviously a mod of this mod. :p)
Looks better. And you can stay here as long as you pay bills.
So is the plan with this Brawl/Other M Ridley is to rig him to do everything the current Ridley does? Or will the animations need to be completely redone?
They will have to be completly redone. I plan on making this "classic" Ridley a semi-clone of Other M Ridley, with various changes like different ground dB (that old uB), different nB (just a single fireball, possibly chargable like Pit's arrows), different sB (that old sB charge), different uThrow (more like i will change Other M Ridley's a bit), different fThrow (old fThrow), etc.
Absolutely fantastic. Love this mod. The provided tutorial has also helped me to add other characters in as well. Very helpful.
Thanks.
You can add other characters?
Not in Project M. I think he meant replacing them.

They need to have purple hue like other textures and models for him (bil_pit and bk_pit) need to be stretched because right now, he is too thin. And that glitch happens anywhere as long as platform below him disappears or just loses collisions.

Have this for now:

Im basing those animations off SilentDo0m's. I made around 15 animations already. I need this model to be fixed though. Right now, it reacts in a very weird way to rimlighting (his right half has weird squares and other issues with it) and there are noticable issues on his wings (UV/Normals issue or something, don't know, but it is noticable). That and it needs to have its real wings removed (right now, they are just scaled down to 0) and model itself needs to be scaled down to 52% of its original size. Other than that, i improved Other M Ridley's aerial Down B animation, Up Taunt animation and...something else. I also fixed aerial Down B animation (before, he would not die from crossing bottom blast zone or whatever its called). Oh, and this:

Yes, this is his new custom trophy. It is still located in Kid Icarus category and to fix that, i want to replace the whole thing so it would have Other M stuff just so it wouldn't look so out-of-place. But i can't replace trophies' icons, so...im working on it, ok?
Another new good thing:

This is new spikeless model. It has better head than default model (it has no lighting issues on its beak) and is different in few areas, but it needs few things to be done first (it requires optimization, UV/normals fix, etc). Comes with all of that menu stuff. It has 2 versions - one with bulky arms and legs and another one with skinny limbs. But IMO, it lost some of its...er...menace or something. Doesn't looks as threatening as spiked one.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I'm really liking where this is going! Also, is it just me, or is something missing from the back of Spikeless Ridley's head? It looks like there should be something there, but I don't know what exactly...

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I really like that new spikeless model. Can't wait to use it. I don't see it as not threatening though, just clean. Clean and threatening.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I really like that new spikeless model. Can't wait to use it. I don't see it as not threatening though, just clean. Clean and threatening.
With spikes, he looks more...monstrous i guess. Kinda like the difference between Ridley-X's tail (model with spikes) and Other M Ridley's tail (spikeless model).

Taytertot

Smash Ace
First off this is amazing. Ive been seeing videos of this on youtube about his moveset and it looks really cool thus far other than being overpowered at the moment. Im sure that is being addressed though. Personally i like both iterations, the one with spikes and without. Not saying that you have to do this cause im sure that youve already got a lot of work on your plate with ridley but meta-ridley from metroid prime would be sick as well.

im curious if youre working with the PMDT on actually getting ridley into PM or if the DT are still on the fence about it? Cause itd be amazing to see ridley in PM 4.0!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
First off this is amazing. Ive been seeing videos of this on youtube about his moveset and it looks really cool thus far other than being overpowered at the moment. Im sure that is being addressed though. Personally i like both iterations, the one with spikes and without. Not saying that you have to do this cause im sure that youve already got a lot of work on your plate with ridley but meta-ridley from metroid prime would be sick as well.

im curious if youre working with the PMDT on actually getting ridley into PM or if the DT are still on the fence about it? Cause itd be amazing to see ridley in PM 4.0!
Thanks. Im kinda working on it...well, i've done only first part of it (assembling parts) and its not from Metroid Prime, but it still works.

No. But few members of PMDT are helping me with it.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Thanks. Im kinda working on it...well, i've done only first part of it (assembling parts) and its not from Metroid Prime, but it still works.

No. But few members of PMDT are helping me with it.
awesome, i guess i just meant the metal concept rather then feeling that it had to be a replica of the metroid prime version so thats really cool.

thats awesome that youre working with the DT even if it is still on the fence. Ive been feeling that another metroid character needed to be represented in smash for a long time since metroid is one of the larger icons in nintendo games and yet samus is the only one from it in smash. i guess people could make dark samus as kinda a samus clone with some different moves and physics but its not quite as unique and certainly not as iconic a character as ridley and i dont know that any other characters from metroid would be feasible without the model size being too large or awkward (kraid or mother brain).

If ridley gets into PM hes definitely going to be either my second main or secondary cause i cant not play him if hes on the roster

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
awesome, i guess i just meant the metal concept rather then feeling that it had to be a replica of the metroid prime version so thats really cool.

thats awesome that youre working with the DT even if it is still on the fence. Ive been feeling that another metroid character needed to be represented in smash for a long time since metroid is one of the larger icons in nintendo games and yet samus is the only one from it in smash. i guess people could make dark samus as kinda a samus clone with some different moves and physics but its not quite as unique and certainly not as iconic a character as ridley and i dont know that any other characters from metroid would be feasible without the model size being too large or awkward (kraid or mother brain).

If ridley gets into PM hes definitely going to be either my second main or secondary cause i cant not play him if hes on the roster
Replica can be done too. In fact, it will be...er...cheaper to do, but where's fun in that?

Well, there is a Dark Samus mod in-progress by @Dark-Samus-Lives and its not that much of a clone.

He already is my main.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Replica can be done too. In fact, it will be...er...cheaper to do, but where's fun in that?

Well, there is a Dark Samus mod in-progress by @Dark-Samus-Lives and its not that much of a clone.

He already is my main.
hahaha i just saw the dark samus thread before reading your comment. it does look good but personally im more of a fan of ridley but i guess thats from playing so much super metroid when i was young.

well if hes already your main then i expect to see you on youtube videos of tournaments at GFs cause youll definitely have more practice then the rest of us haha

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
hahaha i just saw the dark samus thread before reading your comment. it does look good but personally im more of a fan of ridley but i guess thats from playing so much super metroid when i was young.

well if hes already your main then i expect to see you on youtube videos of tournaments at GFs cause youll definitely have more practice then the rest of us haha
Probably that.

While i main him, i always forget about ATs and im rather random with my actions, so, you'd see Sakurai's team putting effort into SSB4 Ridley before seeing me on any tournaments.

Speaking of that, its a good thing i actually test Ridley and fix glitches we find, unlike Sakurai's team and their Ridley:
...where was i? Oh, right, get a load of this:

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I see what you're getting at with the intimidation factor being reduced without the spikes. I think it's the ones that were on his head that held it together. Maybe you could see what the spikeless model looks like if you add just those ones back on?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I see what you're getting at with the intimidation factor being reduced without the spikes. I think it's the ones that were on his head that held it together. Maybe you could see what the spikeless model looks like if you add just those ones back on?
I'll try. It won't take much time.

UnknOracle

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to add this mod to an ISO of Brawl? My copy got recently stolen and I don't have any money to buy another copy so I've been using Dolphin. I REALLY want this mod. If it's possible, can you tell me how to install it on an ISO?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Can we get another view of that wait animation?

Or is it a taunt?

Whatever it is. I'd like another view of it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Front and the other side.

Also, classic Ridley's tail does not clips through everything. Instead, it either pushes opponents off or causes him to get pushed. Don't know should i leave it like that though. Its not too long to be much of a problem. I certainly can't use it for Other M Ridley since his tail is too long and his tail blade will still clip through stuff, so, it will just make it harder to move around.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I think it's not too big of a deal so long as it's not an unreasonable amount of space it takes up (because that'd make it really hard to hit him).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think it's not too big of a deal so long as it's not an unreasonable amount of space it takes up (because that'd make it really hard to hit him).
Characters are pushed off rather slowly and his tail rarely goes straight and when it does, it usually is going to hit opponent.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
They need to have purple hue like other textures and models for him (bil_pit and bk_pit) need to be stretched because right now, he is too thin.
Right, gonna have to do that. But at least it's working; which is the biggest point. Now that it's working, I can go and modify it to look better and make it fit in more. And considering I'm already helping development, I'll continue to lighten the load as much as I can. :p
Basically, I should probably just list what I'm working on/going to work on as of now;
  • Editing the title cast roll to include Ridley
  • Editing events related to Pit to refer to Ridley
  • Other miscellaneous details (icons, portraits for other modes, etc.)
  • General details related to Subspace Emissary (like cutscenes) if possible.

Top Bottom