• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

themaziest

Smash Cadet
It's funny how similar Ridley is to Dhalsim in the Street Fighter series. They have very long range attacks, can stay in the air forever, drill the opponent, have firebreath and zone with fireballs. Plus they are hairless and despite that, very hype. It makes me think... I'm still waiting Ridley to learn how to teleport. Bagan, don't disappoint us!

Jokes aside, the mod is looking really good, it's fantastic to see a whole community behind this character with the help of skilled people like PM developpers and advice of many people to reach the goal we all want: an outstanding playable space dragon realized in a professional way. Congratulations!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
i think turning my wii u into ridley would be more simple then making ridley in brawl box
Now thats over exaggerated.
It's funny how similar Ridley is to Dhalsim in the Street Fighter series. They have very long range attacks, can stay in the air forever, drill the opponent, have firebreath and zone with fireballs. Plus they are hairless and despite that, very hype. It makes me think... I'm still waiting Ridley to learn how to teleport. Bagan, don't disappoint us!

Jokes aside, the mod is looking really good, it's fantastic to see a whole community behind this character with the help of skilled people like PM developpers and advice of many people to reach the goal we all want: an outstanding playable space dragon realized in a professional way. Congratulations!
And he also needs to learn how to levitate like Mega Alakazam.

Yeah, it is.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Another note.

Maybe reduce his lag on his BAir attack. Using it off stage kind of kills him, because his hurtbox is so huge that it just touches blast zones. :v

Well, he uses his wings for that and they are thin, so, i don't think it should have as much "power" as, say, his Down Smash has. There isn't anything that can really be used in its place though.
Well, are you open for suggestions?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Another note.

Maybe reduce his lag on his BAir attack. Using it off stage kind of kills him, because his hurtbox is so huge that it just touches blast zones. :v

Well, are you open for suggestions?
Its very powerful at its current stage. And blast zone won't kill unless it touches actual hurtbox. His tail lacks those. Maybe its because of his very large hurtbox used to reflect projectiles when he is under Down B's effect. It is intangible all of the time (projectiles still bounce off fortunately), but blast zones ignore intangibility unless special code is put as far as i know. Also, why use BAir that far from the main platform? Just RAR opponent and then after opponent is launched in the other direction, WoP him/her. Or just use FAir since at this %, it should KO.

Yes, but nothing ridicolous and not something that uses tail because he already has problems with its range, with or without sourspots.

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I honestly can't think of anything good besides his current Usmash. And I don't dislike it. It looks a little bit strange though... perhaps adding these white movement effects to his wings might improve it. In general, I feel the wings clapping together doesn't feel strong enough. The SFX might need some work too.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hm, I honestly can't think of anything good besides his current Usmash. And I don't dislike it. It looks a little bit strange though... perhaps adding these white movement effects to his wings might improve it. In general, I feel the wings clapping together doesn't feel strong enough. The SFX might need some work too.
Yeah, it will, but i don't know how to properly set up trail effects on them since his wing...er...fingers aren't straight and it doesn't works well on curved parts. I could use heavy landing sound instead of light landing sound for wing collision sound if that would help.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'll see if I come up with something. Maybe I'll scetch it. :v

It apparently was very useful against edge-guarders, and can even send them off-stage if hit properly, making you the edge-guarder instead.
You have to be close to platform to do that though unless edge guarder is going after you, in which case you should just Side B since it is fast and has high knockback.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea for a new Usmash. Perhaps Ridley could rotate once or twice in place as well as being curled up in his wings before opening them diagonally upward in a similar fashion to his Utaunt. The placement of the wings would be tighter to him and more upward of course. Or it could be just the opposite of his current Usmash in the form of opening his wings upward while he is on all fours instead of clapping them together.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Warning Received
[attempt at simulating a deleted post because of shame]

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace

It's Ridley-related because Mew2King said he likes Ridley.

Reference:

Sorry for the off-topic posts... I really don't know a better thread to be me after leaving the mansion.
Just stop. Please. You aren't being funny by spamming random **** here.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have an idea for a new Usmash. Perhaps Ridley could rotate once or twice in place as well as being curled up in his wings before opening them diagonally upward in a similar fashion to his Utaunt. The placement of the wings would be tighter to him and more upward of course. Or it could be just the opposite of his current Usmash in the form of opening his wings upward while he is on all fours instead of clapping them together.
Im not sure what you mean. As for 2nd idea...it doesn't makes much sense to me.

It's Ridley-related because Mew2King said he likes Ridley.

Reference:

Sorry for the off-topic posts... I really don't know a better thread to be me after leaving the mansion.
Even then, don't go that off-topic. Either be on-topic or don't post. Its simple. This thread is completly unrelated to any kind of personal stuff, so, it shouldn't go for more than 1-2 posts. You will get reported for that kind of thing. Not by me of course.
Also, that image is not funny and not worth posting. As IsmaR said (i will remember this for a while), just having Ridley in a message or something barely related, but still 1% related does not makes it relevant to the thread. It was about different thread, but it still applies here, except with extra "mod" part added.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Even then, don't go that off-topic. Either be on-topic or don't post. Its simple. This thread is completly unrelated to any kind of personal stuff, so, it shouldn't go for more than 1-2 posts.
Also, thats not funny and not worth posting. As IsmaR said (i will remember this for a while), just having Ridley in a message or something barely related, but still 1% related does not makes it relevant to the thread. It was about different thread, but it still applies here, except with extra "mod" part added.
Then I no longer have purpose on Smashboards, anymore.

Goodbye.

Just stop. Please. You aren't being funny by spamming random **** here.
Ouch, that seriously hurt my feelings. :crying:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
maybe the side b could look like the move ridley uses in subspace emmisary when he goes from the left side of the stage to the right

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
maybe the side b could look like the move ridley uses in subspace emmisary when he goes from the left side of the stage to the right
It was this way before (in the air at least - ground version was pretty weird since it was kinda like Captain Falcon's), but its more detailed now. GFX used is still exact same as in that attack (except not as well placed because...its weird) and SFX is similar.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
AuraShaman said:

That is neither this thread's nor anyone here's problem. If you want to find a place to be off topic, either find a relevant Social thread/group, or go apologize/kiss and make up with the Mansion.

No one is stifling "you being yourself," but you posting randomly/off topic things (no, "ridley-related" insignificant plug-in does not justify your posts) runs the risk of getting the thread closed for no good reason.

Strictly speaking, the topic should at least be related to Bagan's mod. If you're going to leave Smashboards because you can't stick to that broad area, then I apologize, but it seems to me that you need a break from more than just this thread.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Anyway, with that out of the way, i think i should make those gifs again. Only for noticable changes of course. At least 2 will be ready soon.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
His Side B. Is it intentional that he shuffles a bit backward before using it int he air? I keep suiciding with him when doing it near a blast zone. :v

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
His Side B. Is it intentional that he shuffles a bit backward before using it int he air? I keep suiciding with him when doing it near a blast zone. :v
Yeah, it is. Makes more sense than if he would do that from same spot. You shouldn't use it THAT early anyway.
Koopalings do the About @ AuraShaman AuraShaman , couldn't you guys at least send him to the funny threads?
IsmaR said about general social thread. That one that goes out very fast, but not related to Ridley. I don't know anything else other than our social thread that could fit.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, it is. Makes more sense than if he would do that from same spot. You shouldn't use it THAT early anyway.

IsmaR said about general social thread. That one that goes out very fast, but not related to Ridley. I don't know anything else other than our social thread that could fit.
Aura left that group, remember? I'll stop talking about offtopic stuff for now. Do you think this mod would work in the eventual PAL PM?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Aura left that group, remember? I'll stop talking about offtopic stuff for now. Do you think this mod would work in the eventual PAL PM?
That general social thread i was talking about is open for everyone. Its not as friendly though.
Most likely yes. There are differences in codes and sound ids as far as i know, but he should work in that version. RSBE01.gct file included will certainly not work with that version.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
That is neither this thread's nor anyone here's problem. If you want to find a place to be off topic, either find a relevant Social thread/group, or go apologize/kiss and make up with the Mansion.

No one is stifling "you being yourself," but you posting randomly/off topic things (no, "ridley-related" insignificant plug-in does not justify your posts) runs the risk of getting the thread closed for no good reason.

Strictly speaking, the topic should at least be related to Bagan's mod. If you're going to leave Smashboards because you can't stick to that broad area, then I apologize, but it seems to me that you need a break from more than just this thread.
I joined Smashboards solely to get involved in the Ridley fiasco and to give my personal support. It's been nine months since then, and things have changed. I'm back to being a toobigot, meaning I no longer feel I belong to that specific group no matter how hard I try. I'm not a competitive person, meaning there really is nothing left for me to come back to other than the release of 2.0 Ridley.

Actually, I bet I'm just full of bad suggestions and ideas because no one likes my suggestions for the mod! Every single thing I suggest, it gets turned down. Why? Because I just don't know what's good; because my thoughts are different. "Give him a crawl!" "Give him different animations on certain moves!" "Change the beak on his Other M alt so it's more reminiscent!" ALL OF THAT TURNED DOWN OR OVERLOOKED BECAUSE "Oh, that's copying from a gagillion other moves; he'll end up being a clone if we do this." WHY DO I EVEN PURSUE A DIRECTING CAREER WHEN I DON'T HAVE ONE IDEA ANYONE CAN LIKE?!

...I'm very sorry. I understand better that this is Bagan's mod, and that he makes all the choices. I just see everyone else making a commitment to this mod, and I feel left out because I've made literally no impact on it like everyone else has... I'm jealous, in all honesty. I'm jealous and embarrassed that a kid two years younger than me has more talent, visual creativity, and brains than I do. Jealous because his motivation to move forward is the burning desire to prove the world wrong about Ridley, while mine is to immortalize my dreams and fantasies on screen before I die, and fade away with what I failed to put on paper. Compared to Bagan, I'm a helpless coward who's always on the losing side and is afraid of fading away to obscurity. My only pro is that I like to make people laugh, but not even that works all the time, making myself only feel worse... So yeah, I hit myself hard alot; surprised I haven't resorted to cutting myself just yet.

Goddammit, why do I always ramble on and exaggerate like the people here even care about my problems? The worst thing that has ever happened to me is my dad died when I was nine, but no other noteworthy experiences after that. ImaЯ, you're right; I'm probably just unnecessary luggage for the entire site at this point on. With nothing else left to attract my attention, I'll wait for 2.0 to come out, and then I'll be gone.

And Bagan...just keep doing you, okay? I understand I can't have everything, I just feel alittle left out is all. It's your mod, so you know what's best.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I joined Smashboards solely to get involved in the Ridley fiasco and to give my personal support. It's been nine months since then, and things have changed. I'm back to being a toobigot, meaning I no longer feel I belong to that specific group no matter how hard I try. I'm not a competitive person, meaning there really is nothing left for me to come back to other than the release of 2.0 Ridley.

Actually, I bet I'm just full of bad suggestions and ideas because no one likes my suggestions for the mod! Every single thing I suggest, it gets turned down. Why? Because I just don't know what's good; because my thoughts are different. "Give him a crawl!" "Give him different animations on certain moves!" "Change the beak on his Other M alt so it's more reminiscent!" ALL OF THAT TURNED DOWN OR OVERLOOKED BECAUSE "Oh, that's copying from a gagillion other moves; he'll end up being a clone if we do this." WHY DO I EVEN PURSUE A DIRECTING CAREER WHEN I DON'T HAVE ONE IDEA ANYONE CAN LIKE?!

...I'm very sorry. I understand better that this is Bagan's mod, and that he makes all the choices. I just see everyone else making a commitment to this mod, and I feel left out because I've made literally no impact on it like everyone else has... I'm jealous, in all honesty. I'm jealous and embarrassed that a kid two years younger than me has more talent, visual creativity, and brains than I do. Jealous because his motivation to move forward is the burning desire to prove the world wrong about Ridley, while mine is to immortalize my dreams and fantasies on screen before I die, and fade away with what I failed to put on paper. Compared to Bagan, I'm a helpless coward who's always on the losing side and is afraid of fading away to obscurity. My only pro is that I like to make people laugh, but not even that works all the time, making myself only feel worse... So yeah, I hit myself hard alot; surprised I haven't resorted to cutting myself just yet.

Goddammit, why do I always ramble on and exaggerate like the people here even care about my problems? The worst thing that has ever happened to me is my dad died when I was nine, but no other noteworthy experiences after that. ImaЯ, you're right; I'm probably just unnecessary luggage for the entire site at this point on. With nothing else left to attract my attention, I'll wait for 2.0 to come out, and then I'll be gone.

And Bagan...just keep doing you, okay? I understand I can't have everything, I just feel alittle left out is all. It's your mod, so you know what's best.
Try a social thread for other places, it could help, there's a Sm4sh social thread here

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Consider this. Everytime your suggestions are denied, it makes it possible to know what works and what doesn't the next time we suggest.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Consider this. Everytime your suggestions are denied, it makes it possible to know what works and what doesn't the next time we suggest.
But that's just it. I don't wanna be the bad example! I want to make a genuinly good suggestion to Ridley that will stick with the mod. I wanna feel proud for making an actual, unique difference with the mod. I wanna be able to play Project M with my friends and point at Ridley saying "See that? I suggested that part!" I guess because I look at myself as an artist, I wanna make whatever unique differences I can with the opportunities I'm given,

drogoth232

Smash Lord
i think turning my wii u into ridley would be more simple then making ridley in brawl box
Once you actually start and put the time into improving, it's easy.

Hey, at least you don't have to deal with Hex editing and all that fun stuff from way back when >.>

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Wowowow, thats a huge wall of text here.
You do know that social thread doesn't really cares about anyone's views on Ridley? There have been few users that don't have any opinion on him, yet are there, so, why should it matter? As long as you're not a jerk and is known as someone that won't just turn the whole thing into s**tposting mess, they will accept you.
You know, i turn down suggestions that belong to others too if they do not fit, can't be done or i just don't know what to think of them. One of the earlies suggestions was giving Ridley shorter tail and smaller wings and i denied it because it would look ridicolous on Brawl Ridley with his giant head and everything. Then there were few ideas for Final Smash that couldn't be done and wouldn't be very usefull outside of smallest stages.
I kinda know that feel. It was year later than yours, but still early.
Ok. Just keep it calm, ya' know?
Also, giving Other M Ridley his beak back is not possible for reasons i already explained, not because of anything personal. He had it before, but it was lost after model was scaled up (just to avoid things like giant/very small items, 1-hit kill throws, etc.). I still have screenshots of it.
Hey, at least you don't have to deal with Hex editing and all that fun stuff from way back when >.>
Yeah. Now we, simple casuals who know nuthin' of REAL Brawl modding, use all of those fancy tools. When YOU were young, you had to use hammers and weird combinations of letters and numbers for that. But now? RUINED 4EVER!

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
You do know that social thread doesn't really cares about anyone's views on Ridley? There have been few users that don't have any opinion on him, yet are there, so, why should it matter? As long as you're not a jerk and is known as someone that won't just turn the whole thing into s**tposting mess, they will accept you.
You know, i turn down suggestions that belong to others too if they do not fit, can't be done or i just don't know what to think of them. One of the earlies suggestions was giving Ridley shorter tail and smaller wings and i denied it because it would look ridicolous on Brawl Ridley with his giant head and everything. Then there were few ideas for Final Smash that couldn't be done and wouldn't be very usefull outside of smallest stages.
I kinda know that feel. It was year later than yours, but still early.
Ok. Just keep it calm, ya' know?
Okay, okay. I'm calm, now...

So you mean you can't even ask SchAlternate to fix it for you? ...Well, now we know why his beak is all messed up in Smash 4; his model from the Direct was smaller, but they grew him back up, and the growth defect was a case of Woody Woodpecker...

Just...can you please find something to add? I can't believe I'm now begging, but I guess because we're now friends, I want it to feel like our mod, even if mine, or our (the watchers'), suggestions are minimal.

.....Still goin' fo' 'dat crawl...

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Yeah. Now we, simple casuals who know nuthin' of REAL Brawl modding, use all of those fancy tools. When YOU were young, you had to use hammers and weird combinations of letters and numbers for that. But now? RUINED 4EVER!
Now I know how melee players feel like lol

It's both very good and kinda bad that hacking is as easy as it is. But this isn't the thread for it.

Any coding problems of late?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Okay, okay. I'm calm, now...

So you mean you can't even ask SchAlternate to fix it for you? ...Well, now we know why his beak is all messed up in Smash 4; his model from the Direct was smaller, but they grew him back up, and the growth defect was a case of Woody Woodpecker...

Just...can you please find something to add? I can't believe I'm now begging, but I guess because we're now friends, I want it to feel like our mod, even if mine, or our (the watchers'), suggestions are minimal.

.....Still goin' fo' 'dat crawl...
If you want SO much to have your suggestions be reflected in the mod that right now you're asking the creator to forget about what he wants and just put the things YOU want, you might as well learn to use BB and PSA and add them yourself.

That's how stuff like PM was made.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
If you want SO much to have your suggestions be reflected in the mod that right now you're asking the creator to forget about what he wants and just put the things YOU want, you might as well learn to use BB and PSA and add them yourself.

That's how stuff like PM was made.
I did NOT mean that to sound in any way how you had put it! How could you?? D: If it means being that good of a friend, then I might aswell say to him not to do a single thing to change Ridley. Remember that he's filtering suggestions on the mod, meaning he's already forgotten pieces about what he wants to see if he can find better from others.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
@ AuraShaman AuraShaman . Love the party suit Samus. Do you know if thier is a texture mod in existince for that?
As far as my knowledge goes, there is absolutely no mod for this Samus. This suit only appeared in a Japanese commercial advertising the clip-on themes for the New Nintendo 3DS.

Top Bottom