• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I like the way his tail scrunches up like that. It really shows the impact that he's making into the ground/opponent! Although for some reason, it now kind of reminds me of an accordion with the way it scrunches up and extends, not that that's a bad thing. XD
This animation is shown only if he lands, not if he hits opponent. And its more like a spring.
Oh...God.

The animation is great, don't get me wrong, but I can't stop hearing Ridley giggling to himself while he bounces up and down.
"Huhuhuhahaha...hehehehohoho..."
Why not make the tail bend a bit at the center before he jumps back up?
Because its harder that way and right now, its like in 2D games, so, its better that way.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
its like in 2D games, so, its better that way.
Let me see if I can find a quote.

"Canon shouldn't factor over something looking good."

And in my opinion the two things that could make it look good are:

1. If his tail went deeper into the ground. But that would cause major clipping
2. His tail bends when he lands.

Right now, it doesn't sit well with me. The tail is too static, in my opinion.
I can see what it would be difficult, and honestly having it bend doesn't sit well with me either (It would make more sense for it to bounce if the tail didn't go into the ground). But having the tail stay static just looks weird.

And please remember that artistic freedom is a great thing. Use it and abuse it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Let me see if I can find a quote.

"Canon shouldn't factor over something looking good."

And in my opinion the two things that could make it look good are:

1. If his tail went deeper into the ground. But that would cause major clipping
2. His tail bends when he lands.

Right now, it doesn't sit well with me. The tail is too static, in my opinion.
I can see what it would be difficult, and honestly having it bend doesn't sit well with me either (It would make more sense for it to bounce if the tail didn't go into the ground). But having the tail stay static just looks weird.

And please remember that artistic freedom is a great thing. Use it and abuse it.
It stays static because it gets stuck in the ground and when it gets detached, it moves normally. Its fine when he bounces off the opponent. Tail bending would make more sense if he would land, but then its better to remove bouncing part completly.

Thats kinda hard for me tbh even if it is less restricted.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Id actually suggest scaling the tail all the way down or at least half way down so Ridley looks like he's going much further into the ground.

It'd look weird on platforms, but on ground it'd look really nice.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Id actually suggest scaling the tail all the way down or at least half way down so Ridley looks like he's going much further into the ground.

It'd look weird on platforms, but on ground it'd look really nice.
It will more often be seen on platforms, but that could work. But then i would have to make it clip through platforms while going again and that isn't very far or make it go into the ground during landing animation without any hitbox (that wouldn't make any sense though).

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Ho-LEE! The animation looks good enough for it to be a Smash 4 move! If you've payed any attention, you'd see that animations in that game look much more fleshed out, like DK's grounded Spinning Kong, or various jabs and tilts from Samus, Sheik, Luigi, etc. You've really out-done yourself on this one!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ho-LEE! The animation looks good enough for it to be a Smash 4 move! If you've payed any attention, you'd see that animations in that game look much more fleshed out, like DK's grounded Spinning Kong, or various jabs and tilts from Samus, Sheik, Luigi, etc. You've really out-done yourself on this one!
It lacks that SSB style of animations. Its always smooth (not saying that quality is perfect, just that animations are smooth) and never has sudden movements. So, i don't think it fits right now.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
They all don't work well, from 0 to 6.

I thought of that too, so, i just changed animation for it:

So, now it has landing lag too...or something like that. Its a lot lower than before, but attack itself isn't as powerful, so, its fine i guess. Looks weird, but its like that in 2D Metroid games.
This looks really good, i like it.
Can Ridley move sideway during the bounce animation (after he left the ground specifically)? Or does he have to wait for it to complete before regaining his aerial mobility?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Please, for my sanity, someone give me a quick summary on the current events on Ridley. My anxiety kicked up from excitement lol.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
New Up B is done. Will show it in gif soon. It basically is Ridley's loop attack from SSB mixed with Meta Knight's Up B. Not as dangerous to use, but its rather predictable. 50 frames total. Has a powerful sweetspot on his left hand and weaker hitboxes on his body. Main hitboxes appear earlier and disappear shortly after sweetspot. After using it once in the air, it will be disabled until Ridley is hit. Addition of this Up B also means that Side B will no longer have glide as alt version, but its better that way. Oh, and no ledge grabbing with it even though it was something useful. Less problems with ledge stalling at least.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
New Up B is done. Will show it in gif soon. It basically is Ridley's loop attack from SSB mixed with Meta Knight's Up B. Not as dangerous to use, but its rather predictable. 50 frames total. Has a powerful sweetspot on his left hand and weaker hitboxes on his body. Main hitboxes appear earlier and disappear shortly after sweetspot. After using it once in the air, it will be disabled until Ridley is hit. Addition of this Up B also means that Side B will no longer have glide as alt version, but its better that way. Oh, and no ledge grabbing with it even though it was something useful. Less problems with ledge stalling at least.
OMG O_O THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! (Sorry for overreacting)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So will he still have the glide then? Or is it completely gone?
Its part of Up B now. Like Meta Knight's.

Update will be released in the next few hours, so, there is no need to show Up B. There are few changes i did not list like new BAir (mostly to limit its range and to give a better edgeguarding tool) and glide attack getting removed (its redundant since you can use other attacks while gliding like FAir and it also looks very similar to it), but not that much.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Update 1.9 released:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676
Why not 2.0? Well, i didn't finished everything i wanted to do (for example, improved CSPs and new Down Throw), you know. But its very close, so, its 1.9. Right now, my mouse is, yet again, jammed, so, i have to use touchpad and its really awkward, so, i won't write too much here. Changelog:

• +Up B replaced with a lot more useful and a lot more reliable attack similar to Meta Knight's Up B. Now recovery does not requires speciffic placement and can be used as a finisher thanks to its high knockback;
    • -But its harder to hit with;
  • +Increased damage on sourspot on all attacks by 2%;
  • +Increased knockback on DThrow and changed trajectory to a more vertical one;
  • +DAir now allows horizontal movement, has higher knockback and signifficantly less landing lag and will always bounce up even if he lands (but it takes more time if he hits ground);
    • -But it no longer spikes opponent unless its done right after hitbox appears and tail doesn't noticably goes through platforms;
  • +BAir now has higher knockback and is more useful for edgeguarding;
    • -But it has signifficantly less range;
  • +Slightly increased range on alt Neutral B;
  • +Slightly increased weight;
  • +Replaced NAir with new one similar to Samus' Screw Attack or Wolf's NAir. Requires no speciffic spacing, hitbox is large and lasts for a while and has very low start up and end lag;
    • -But it can't spike opponents, has weak knockback and low damage;
  • -Decreased range on Side Smash, STilt and DSmash;
  • -Decreased speed and distance passed during aerial Side B;
  • -FThrow travels less distance, so, its a lot less effective for bringing opponent closer to the ledge;
  • -All throws' damage slightly reduced;
  • -Signifficantly decreased fastfall speed and slightly decreased aerial mobility (now its same as Wario's);
  • -Removed glide attack;
  • -Slowed down FAir and DAir;
  • -Decreased dash speed;
  • -Slightly decreased running speed;
  • -Slightly decreased shield size;
  • -Decreased damage on STilt;
  • -Now Down B's effect is removed once Ridley is launched from strong attack;
  • *Several GFX fixes;
  • *Fixed Result Screen stocks;
  • *Fixed model (now it looks normal on Battlefield and stages like it, thanks to KingJigglypuff for this fix);
  • *Things i forgot (whoops).
There is another announcement, but i won't tell what is it. It certainly is something you all will like. No, its not confirmation that Ridley will officially be in PM...unfortunately...But its still awesome. Anyway, in next 24 hours, my internet connection will be severed again, so, i won't see any feedback for a while.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Aw yeah, the new Nair is sick... also like the Dair and the new Dthrow angle combined with Up-B.

The new Bair looks a little bit strange but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice
Or we are used to the power the old one had? I dont know. Who cares?! Now my brothers can quit saying he is op! Thanks Bagan!

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
could the standard b be a chargable fireball almost or exactly like samus's or a roar that pushes people away like in ssb4

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
could the standard b be a chargable fireball almost or exactly like samus's or a roar that pushes people away like in ssb4
No, it can't be chargable ANYTHING and roar would be stupid because...really?
does anyone have a download file to a good ridley announcer call?
The best thing you could use is SSBC's announcer call, but then you will have to replace other announcer calls and things like that. Everything else is trash.

Ezoroth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Generalray
3DS FC
0877-1587-0191
Can someone make a build that has only Project M + Ridley in it? Thanks

Miseribacy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Miseribacy
Can someone make a build that has only Project M + Ridley in it? Thanks
Taken straight from the Readme file when you download the zip in the OP:
===How to Install:
-For those who doesn't knows how to customize your Project M Build:
-Import projectm and codes folders into your sd card so they would merge with currently existing folders.
-Have fun.
If all you want is Vanilla PM with Ridley, all you have to do is this. Download vanilla 3.5, extract files to sd card, and then follow the steps above. Took me 2 seconds to figure this out, and all I did was actually try looking.

Top Bottom