• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Wait, wasn't it 7-z file? And i think there shouldn't be a FOLDER inside it.
The download was a .rar file. The contents of the folder should be archived into a .7z file, but I've tried it with no such luck. The easiest way to do it would be to make the file you download the actual file that gets dropped in the addons folder. Maybe the creator could compose the file? I've not been able to get it running.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The download was a .rar file. The contents of the folder should be archived into a .7z file, but I've tried it with no such luck. The easiest way to do it would be to make the file you download the actual file that gets dropped in the addons folder. Maybe the creator could compose the file? I've not been able to get it running.
Well, he did, but i had to replace outdated files.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Well, he did, but i had to replace outdated files.
What about taking his file, replacing what needed to be replaced, and then packing it back up, exactly as was? Extracting the .7z or .rar should lead directly to the files themselves. That's how the wifi one is composed. I feel that would be the easiest way and eliminate complications from the users, as it would simply be a drag and drop solution.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What about taking his file, replacing what needed to be replaced, and then packing it back up, exactly as was? Extracting the .7z or .rar should lead directly to the files themselves. That's how the wifi one is composed. I feel that would be the easiest way and eliminate complications from the users, as it would simply be a drag and drop solution.
While solution is easy, it will take a while to upload...Will try it anyway unless someone will do it before me (and that is pretty easy to do with my upload speed).

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
...maybe Shiro_Neku did messed up with something...Can't test that though...i think...At least i uploaded update for main release, even if its separate.
It's definitely possible. All I know for sure is I can't make it work no matter what I do, it won't show as an option.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Addon released: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208064

Version included: 1.95. Changelog:
  • Fixed Up B getting disabled until he lands even if he is hit.
  • Slightly edited BAir animation.
  • Buffed damage on 100% ledge attack after its unnecessary nerf.
  • Added get hit sounds when he is launched (will probably remove those, i don't know).
  • Added SSE clone...kinda...he will certainly look different from others.
  • Slowed down DAir ground bounce and fixed momentum on it.
  • Side B in the air no longer lifts him, so, its no longer useful for vertical recovery.
  • Things i forgot.
Keep in mind that its just a quick fix and not everything reported is fixed. No readme because...i don't know how to use this thing.
Okay... Updated.

Just to be sure, am I supposed to put the info.xml file anywhere? Because I wasn't quite sure where to put that, but seems to be working alright at the moment regardless.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Okay... Updated.

Just to be sure, am I supposed to put the info.xml file anywhere? Because I wasn't quite sure where to put that, but seems to be working alright at the moment regardless.
Actually, Shiro_Neku told me that just by updating files in it, it no longer works, so, wait until i will update download link with working addon. Then you will need to just put 7z file into launcher>addon(s?) folder on the SD card.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Weird. KJP said it was fixed. I don't have this issue (and i don't think i ever had it), so, i can't do anything about it. And yes, we can. He sent me fixed model without spikes too.
Since it seems I'm not the only one still having issues with the shading, could you see if he could take another look at it?

Awesome, I definitely prefer the model without spikes. Thanks.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since it seems I'm not the only one still having issues with the shading, could you see if he could take another look at it?

Awesome, I definitely prefer the model without spikes. Thanks.
Sure. Maybe its exclusive to real Wii/WiiU like old glitch with textures that has been fixed before first release.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
I thought about a possible alternative to his forward and Up Smashes. I thought it might be cool if his Up smash had him thrusting his tail straight up (similar to Marth's Up smash) instead of his Wing-clap thingy and replace his F smash with a claw swipe (akin to Bowser's Forward B). I realize some of his moves already has him slashing with his claws, but perhaps they can be replaced with something else? And concerning his recovery, I like the current number of jumps he has, but is it possible to make each of his jumps a little bit lower? I say that because it's so easy for him to get back on stage from pretty much anywhere and his size allows him to grab cliffs easily. I dunno, what do you think? Other than that though, Ridley feels great to play as! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I thought about a possible alternative to his forward and Up Smashes. I thought it might be cool if his Up smash had him thrusting his tail straight up (similar to Marth's Up smash) instead of his Wing-clap thingy and replace his F smash with a claw swipe (akin to Bowser's Forward B). I realize some of his moves already has him slashing with his claws, but perhaps they can be replaced with something else? And concerning his recovery, I like the current number of jumps he has, but is it possible to make each of his jumps a little bit lower? I say that because it's so easy for him to get back on stage from pretty much anywhere and his size allows him to grab cliffs easily. I dunno, what do you think? Other than that though, Ridley feels great to play as! Keep up the good work!
That Up Smash would have too much range unless he for some reasons will limit it noticably. Even without extending his tail, its still very long. It will be insanely easy way of preventing any approaches from above (wings at least can be damaged) and any floaty character launched up at least once will be doomed. As for FSmash, it would be too similar to jab and it can't be replaced with anything without being ridicolous (in case of wings or his jaws) or having too much range (if only his tail is used).
Not sure what to do with jumps. They are pretty low already (for a flying character at least) and he would still have other options to reach at least one platform (from glide, which can't be removed since, well, its Ridley and he is far better at flying than anyone in the game, to side B, which can't be too short without making no sense, so, its stuck as being at least longer than most of its kind), so, it won't help much. Nerfing his survivability is the only way to balance it without getting ridicolous (for example, no glide for a character known for flying really fast, 2 jumps only, Side B and Up B that barely act as recoveries, etc).

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
...duh. I informed its author of this and if next fix won't work, then just f*** it.
It has been quite a process trying to get it to work. Glad I could contribute in some way

What does that mean though? No version element?

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
After some more testing I think that his Nair is too strong for it's spamability. If it were a little less priority it would probably be fine. IDk though maybe the damage is fine...

Perhaps if it didn't trap people in the animation it would be good. Maybe it should just hit people away.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
After some more testing I think that his Nair is too strong for it's spamability. If it were a little less priority it would probably be fine. IDk though maybe the damage is fine...

Perhaps if it didn't trap people in the animation it would be good. Maybe it should just hit people away.
I doubt aerial attacks can have any priority other than transcended priority. And would it be any different if it would deal all damage in 1 hit or in several hits? It would be even more spammable if it will hit only once since short hop>NAir>short hop>NAir>...

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I doubt aerial attacks can have any priority other than transcended priority. And would it be any different if it would deal all damage in 1 hit or in several hits? It would be even more spammable if it will hit only once since short hop>NAir>short hop>NAir>...
Hmm I think 1 hit would be a nerf since it would probably klank/trade with other moves instead of klanking and then hitting them with the next hitbox.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hmm I think 1 hit would be a nerf since it would probably klank/trade with other moves instead of klanking and then hitting them with the next hitbox.
Aerial attacks do not clash with other attacks like this. They go through everything unless character is hit first. Thats at least what wikis tell and just experience. So, unless Ridley is hit with disjointed hitbox (which can be done no matter how many hits his attacks has), it will damage opponent as much as it should, so, wouldn't it be better if it would deal 1-2% instead of full 12% upon such collision?

Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Hm, about his UP attacks.

How about considering his UTilt to jsut swipe his arm overhead, like shooing a fly or something, and then make his fire breatinh a USmash instead, similar to Samus'?

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Just tried out the latest version of Ridley, and the shading issue is still there in Battlefield. And is it just me, or is his death scream even louder than before?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hm, about his UP attacks.

How about considering his UTilt to jsut swipe his arm overhead, like shooing a fly or something, and then make his fire breatinh a USmash instead, similar to Samus'?
Then his UTilt will be pretty much UAir, but on the ground.
Just tried out the latest version of Ridley, and the shading issue is still there in Battlefield. And is it just me, or is his death scream even louder than before?
I never changed its volume since i lowered roars' volume after complains (something i agreed with in the end after noticing how his roars completly cover normal SFX most of the time) from beta testers.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Well, I meant that not as fast, and his hit box would be from his front and upward to 160 degree angle, while looking up in annoyance. :v

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Aerial attacks do not clash with other attacks like this. They go through everything unless character is hit first. Thats at least what wikis tell and just experience. So, unless Ridley is hit with disjointed hitbox (which can be done no matter how many hits his attacks has), it will damage opponent as much as it should, so, wouldn't it be better if it would deal 1-2% instead of full 12% upon such collision?
Interesting. I never knew aerials worked so differently.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Any YouTube videos of the latest Ridley? :)
Not really. There is 1, but it gets few things wrong and its not a normal match.
Mewtwo has that as well. I don't see much of a problem with that.
I guess you're right.
Well, I meant that not as fast, and his hit box would be from his front and upward to 160 degree angle, while looking up in annoyance. :v

Pretty much Bowser's UTilt then? I can see that working. Without annoyed expression of course since Ridley doesn't even blinks (something that may look weird, but its accurate to the source if you won't count 2D games).
Also, i've got a point againts that USmash - Ridley already uses something very similar for alt neutral B. Just not angled up.

The Kitten Burglar

Smash Cadet
I can honestly say I can see his tail being used for an UpTilt (or up smash); it wouldn't have as long range comparatively due to having to go over Ridley's head, and the range could further be reduced by the tail being arced and having him bend his knees to support the force of his tail. http://puu.sh/gQ21u/2ebb68368b.jpg (obviously with a more dynamic pose, but yeah). think of it like a scorpion sting.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can honestly say I can see his tail being used for an UpTilt (or up smash); it wouldn't have as long range comparatively due to having to go over Ridley's head, and the range could further be reduced by the tail being arced and having him bend his knees to support the force of his tail. http://puu.sh/gQ21u/2ebb68368b.jpg (obviously with a more dynamic pose, but yeah). think of it like a scoprion sting.
His tail is longer than the rest of his body, so, it won't reduce it much. Still, i think its a better idea than firebreath. If its just UTilt. And less like a scorpion and more like Link with his UTilt because UTilt is supposed to be aimed up or at least be more focused on that direction.

The Kitten Burglar

Smash Cadet
when I say scoprion sting, i mean like the tail starting somewhere behind him and ending up poking in front of him. something like the uptilt of pikachu, luigi, dedede, etc.

Also, do you have any idea what causes his l-canceling timing to be so pinpoint? I'm pretty sure you have to be landing to l-cancel with him.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
when I say scoprion sting, i mean like the tail starting somewhere behind him and ending up poking in front of him. something like the uptilt of pikachu, luigi, dedede, etc.

Also, do you have any idea what causes his l-canceling timing to be so pinpoint? I'm pretty sure you have to be landing to l-cancel with him.
Well, that makes sense then. But then you chose wrong words for it.

Nope. I don't even know how exactly game detects when character should land or when he/she touches the ground.

Top Bottom