• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Estimate of version 2.0?

Wanted to wait until 2.0 before I satrt showcasing it to ma folks. :v
None. I put deadline on it before because i thought i would have no internet connection for longer. Now i have over 25 days, so, i won't put any. But i already know what i should do for the next update. I don't have a full list right now, but it should be ready soon.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Man, when trying to play seriously you really notice how the platform landing after aerials and the Down-B momentum glitch hamper the fluidity of Ridley's movement... especially the former thing is incredibly annoying but an unfortunate engine quirk...

Sometimes I feel like it'd be better if Ridley were to automatically pass through platforms while performing an aerial.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
None. I put deadline on it before because i thought i would have no internet connection for longer. Now i have over 25 days, so, i won't put any. But i already know what i should do for the next update. I don't have a full list right now, but it should be ready soon.
May I suggest lowering the volume of Ridley's death cry when he gets star KO'd? That is easily louder than anything else in the game, if a bit too loud.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
May I suggest lowering the volume of Ridley's death cry when he gets star KO'd? That is easily louder than anything else in the game, if a bit too loud.
I already agreed with that.
Man, when trying to play seriously you really notice how the platform landing after aerials and the Down-B momentum glitch hamper the fluidity of Ridley's movement... especially the former thing is incredibly annoying but an unfortunate engine quirk...

Sometimes I feel like it'd be better if Ridley were to automatically pass through platforms while performing an aerial.
Platform landing after aerials is just because of his size though, so, it can't really be fixed as far as i know.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Platform landing after aerials is just because of his size though, so, it can't really be fixed as far as i know.
Well, that's what I said. It really, really, really hurts his flow though. Making aerials auto-pass through platform probably isn't possible, or is it? (Except for dair, of course)

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought. It might be an interesting Ridley quirk though. After all, you'll still have wavelanding. I'd love to try it that way, hm... it'd be cool if you could send me a modified file if it isn't too much work.

I think it might work pretty well since other characters can also attack while passing through a platform from below (doesn't work with Ridley because he's fat) You couldn't edge cancel / l-cancel on platforms anymore though which would be extremely strange... but honestly, as long as it feels better than in his current state, I'd dig it since he feels extremely janky and unnatural on small stages.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's what I thought. It might be an interesting Ridley quirk though. After all, you'll still have wavelanding. I'd love to try it that way, hm... it'd be cool if you could send me a modified file if it isn't too much work.

I think it might work pretty well since other characters can also attack while passing through a platform from below (doesn't work with Ridley because he's fat) You couldn't edge cancel / l-cancel on platforms anymore though which would be extremely strange... but honestly, as long as it feels better than in his current state, I'd dig it since he feels extremely janky and unnatural on small stages.
Sure, it requires a simple code as far as i know.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Besides, I have noticed how this isn't the case for most of the other big characters. Not even Giga Bowser's Nair makes him instaland on a platform when he comes from below. Could it be that Ridley's collision points are suboptimally placed or something like that?

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I was just messing around in training to see how the hitboxes looked for Ridley when handling items, and noticed a few oddities. For some reason, when swinging the beam sword, Ridley has a hotbox in his neck that isn't related to the sword at all. Also, I think when he's holding the cracker launcher, it might need to be angled downwards a bit more when Ridley aims it at it's lowest point. As it currently is, it looks like the shots just plop out from a 45-degree angle downwards rather than being shot downwards. Another couple of items that have oddly placed hatboxes are the star rod and the fan, which for some reason have hatboxes on his head and whichever foot is in the foreground. The same applies to Lip's Stick and the Home-Run bat when not doing a smash attack with it. Is that supposed to happen?

Someone else may have already mentioned this before, and if they did, I probably missed that bit of info. I hope this helps though!

The Kitten Burglar

Smash Cadet
The collision points are what cause Ridley to land after falling through a platform and performing an aerial. I forget the name of the collision point off the top of my head, but it's the one in the middle. Charizard has this point lowered near the start of his NAir, for example.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Besides, I have noticed how this isn't the case for most of the other big characters. Not even Giga Bowser's Nair makes him instaland on a platform when he comes from below. Could it be that Ridley's collision points are suboptimally placed or something like that?
I don't know. I don't even know what exactly causes characters to land, so...
I was just messing around in training to see how the hitboxes looked for Ridley when handling items, and noticed a few oddities. For some reason, when swinging the beam sword, Ridley has a hotbox in his neck that isn't related to the sword at all. Also, I think when he's holding the cracker launcher, it might need to be angled downwards a bit more when Ridley aims it at it's lowest point. As it currently is, it looks like the shots just plop out from a 45-degree angle downwards rather than being shot downwards. Another couple of items that have oddly placed hatboxes are the star rod and the fan, which for some reason have hatboxes on his head and whichever foot is in the foreground. The same applies to Lip's Stick and the Home-Run bat when not doing a smash attack with it. Is that supposed to happen?

Someone else may have already mentioned this before, and if they did, I probably missed that bit of info. I hope this helps though!
Maybe its just debug mode being weird. It can also show his BAir as having completly different hitbox placement (purely vertical instead of horizontal). I don't know what can cause this. The only thing i knew about is the cracker launcher, but im not sure i can fix this without his arms clipping through his legs since they are very long.
The collision points are what cause Ridley to land after falling through a platform and performing an aerial. I forget the name of the collision point off the top of my head, but it's the one in the middle. Charizard has this point lowered near the start of his NAir, for example.
XRotN or YRotN?

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to try out 2.0 when it's out. This mod is really sick, easily the best fan made character mod out there.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
I gave a soundpack to Bagan with normalized and compressed SFX along with new ones but I don't know why he didn't use it for the last patch. It would solve the problem...

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, how do I open a 7z file? My computer is treating it as an unknown file type and I have no clue how to open it. Using a mac, if that helps.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh boy... Sounds like I'd benefit from an answer to the above question as well (being a primarily Mac user too), assuming none of my programs would know how to open it.

In the meantime I may just wait for a Project M add-on guide for dummies. I dunno.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I got it to work and I am loving these new updates to Ridley! The current neutral air is such a great improvement over the previous one since I could almost never hit anyone with it and now it's one of my favorite moves to use, granted I still mix things around by using each of his other attacks as well. I am so glad Ridley has his own stock icon in the results screen now, it makes him feel like a legit character that was already in the game!

I really do think that this mod is shaping up very well, kudos to you Bagan for making such an awesome mod! By the way, how are things looking for Kirby and his Ridley hat powers, or has that not been started on yet? I'm also looking forward to the Meta Ridley costumes whenever those come around!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I gave a soundpack to Bagan with normalized and compressed SFX along with new ones but I don't know why he didn't use it for the last patch. It would solve the problem...
Didn't had time for that. I kinda rushed that patch since i thought i will disappear for few weeks or months. They will be used this time.
Same as before: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208064
Checking the OP is too much to ask for, I guess...
There is no link for addon here. Whoops.
Quick question, how do I open a 7z file? My computer is treating it as an unknown file type and I have no clue how to open it. Using a mac, if that helps.
Addons shouldn't be opened as far as i remember. Unless you want to use files inside to get v1.95 because then you can use WinRar too. If im wrong about that, then i have problems with mine since it opens them.
I got it to work and I am loving these new updates to Ridley! The current neutral air is such a great improvement over the previous one since I could almost never hit anyone with it and now it's one of my favorite moves to use, granted I still mix things around by using each of his other attacks as well. I am so glad Ridley has his own stock icon in the results screen now, it makes him feel like a legit character that was already in the game!

I really do think that this mod is shaping up very well, kudos to you Bagan for making such an awesome mod! By the way, how are things looking for Kirby and his Ridley hat powers, or has that not been started on yet? I'm also looking forward to the Meta Ridley costumes whenever those come around!
Haven't started working on that. Probably will mess around with Charizard's hat to get what i want.

Warning: another modder's mod advertisement incoming. Not paid or even asked for of course, like previous times. Still recommended to look at.
DSX8, a modder known for various stage replacements and even SSB4 stages imported to be used for Brawl/Project M is currently working on this neat little thing among other things:

It has no Ridley, no Zeros, no Joulions, etc. Here is video preview:
Why i show you this? Well, because it can be used as Ridley's stage if you want and if it will be possible to replace Skyworld so Ridley would appear here during classic mode and things like that. I think it will work well for Ridley (i mean not aesthetically and more like just its layout) since there is a lot of free space and platforms are far from each other while stage is rather big (at least in Project M). From what we can see in the video, there is no lag or at least no noticable lag.

Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Well, Pyrosphere was made for Project M once, before Sm4sh. But that stage had ledge issues. :v

So, I was somewhat glad Nintendo brought Pyrosphere in.

Somewhat related note: I made a thing, since I'm a SD card user.

I thought it would be easier for me to find the right card, if I printed out and slapped them on my cards.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Addons shouldn't be opened as far as i remember. Unless you want to use files inside to get v1.95 because then you can use WinRar too. If im wrong about that, then i have problems with mine since it opens them.
Ah, ok. I'll keep that in mind for future character mods that I may install into Project M. Thanks!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, Pyrosphere was made for Project M once, before Sm4sh. But that stage had ledge issues. :v

So, I was somewhat glad Nintendo brought Pyrosphere in.

Somewhat related note: I made a thing, since I'm a SD card user.

I thought it would be easier for me to find the right card, if I printed out and slapped them on my cards.
Looks cool. But how can you hold Ridley on SD card? He is too f***ing big for that.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Are we speaking of the same BrawlBox now, or is there a feature I didn't explore yet?

Well, I'll find out eventually. I could use some custom CSP posing.

Top Bottom