• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
It appears his NAir does snap on platforms at certain point.
It's kind of fun, though. Rather a unique feature of his.

I missed his BAir, though. Stabbing people and throwing them forward.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It appears his NAir does snap on platforms at certain point.
It's kind of fun, though. Rather a unique feature of his.

I missed his BAir, though. Stabbing people and throwing them forward.
I miss it too (no more DTilt>UAir>BAir>FAir WoP).

I just thought of something and made this:

What is it? Well, it is Brawl model with Other M proportions. How it would look like with Other M Ridley's rig. Looks fine.

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie

What is it? Well, it is Brawl model with Other M proportions. How it would look like with Other M Ridley's rig. Looks fine.
Alt costume. Please. For the love of God.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Now THAT's way better.

If you want I could try my hand at it, but I'm not an expert in rigging sooooo no warranty.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
So the old Up-B will never come back? Because this move was pretty fun and original, it's a real loss. We should arrange funerals for the bair as well.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237

if possible, i would love if that was an alt costume.
So the old Up-B will never come back? Because this move was pretty fun and original, it's a real loss. We should arrange funerals for the bair as well.
eh the old up B wasnt really too practical since it was near impossible to recover with close range. maybe bring it back so it works like that if you use up special on the ground, but stays the same as the new one if used in the air? also bair will be missed. it had to go for balancing purposes unfortunately :[

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman

@ Draco_The Draco_The I have faith in your rigging skills, make this alt a possibility.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555

...Pinch me.
If this guy is possible I very much want it.
Then we add the Meta to this model then *BOOM* all costumes figured out man. If this becomes a thing, Meta will be easy to do.

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice

I am in tears, please for the love of sweet raptor jesus make this a thing, I can do recolors if you want.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395

Byotiful. This would be the perfect alt costume. You wouldn't even need to worry to Brawlify (desaturate) his textures because he's already from Brawl :v

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Actually, now that I look at it, is there a way we can beef up those arms some? They look awkwardly thin stretched out like that.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait... what did you do?

Just use the model and then the motionetc?
Yes. I can't rig models. Just move around verticles on them.
Actually, now that I look at it, is there a way we can beef up those arms some? They look awkwardly thin stretched out like that.
Of course, but then they will look weird compared to other parts of his body that have barely any muscles.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Of course, but then they will look weird compared to other parts of his body that have barely any muscles.
His...legs look fairly meaty. I'm not saying beef 'em so much, he's ripped, but I would say thicken at least the forearms to an extent; thicken doesn't mean more muscles. Make his arms almost as thick as his legs!

ThyLASA

Smash Rookie
If it hasn't been said. I think the down tilt for Ridley should be changed. I was playing with a friend and it's feels very unnatural when playing. I shouldn't attack upward when pressing down. The get on the stage attack after 100% should be faster. You can be attacked very easily after your opponent dodges the first attack. I was spiked everytime when use. I feel it should be able to be used for defense a little bit ya know. The D-air is very spammable I don't know how you would fix that but make it a little less OP. That's all I have so far.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If it hasn't been said. I think the down tilt for Ridley should be changed. I was playing with a friend and it's feels very unnatural when playing. I shouldn't attack upward when pressing down. The get on the stage attack after 100% should be faster. You can be attacked very easily after your opponent dodges the first attack. I was spiked everytime when use. I feel it should be able to be used for defense a little bit ya know. The D-air is very spammable I don't know how you would fix that but make it a little less OP. That's all I have so far.
That DTilt better fits such character. You know how all of those aerial combos start in normal fighting games, right? If you don't, then i'll tell you - most of them can be started with a simple launcher attack done while crouching. Usually an uppercut. Ridley, of course, is more focused on aerial combat in this mod, so, its necessary to have something to launch opponent into the air. Up Smash is not reliable enough for that since its slower, can miss smaller opponents and obviously can't lift off the ground like DTilt does. So, its more useful to attack opponents that attempt to land. His DTilt isn't the only one that launches opponent up - same goes for Samus' and Ganondorf's DTilts. If you meant that he swings up, then its not really like that. It still focuses on what is low on the ground. He just attempts to lift target off that spot shortly after that. After animation revamp (judging by SilentDo0m's animation), it will be more like what you'd expect on the first hit, but would still have that launcher part.

Yeah, it needs to be a little bit faster, but not by much - it already has more range than any other get up attack and it has high knockback too.

Im working on it. Due to other problems that are not related to balancing in any way, i'll probably remove that bouncing up part again and replace it with normal landing lag (noticably shorter than when DAir still could spike), but will still keep ability to move horizontally.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman

While speaking of this, if and when this gets rigged would you make a separate recolor and CSP pack just specifically for this one?

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Hai,

maybe Im abit late, but I just wanted to give BaganSmashBros a huge round of applause. What you have managed to do with this mod is truly incredible - you have managed to do something that noone else that I know of managed to do right: Create a completely new smash bros characters that actually FEELS and PLAYS like he belongs into that game. That is just such a huge accomplishment.

And its so incredible how you made Ridley feel like Ridley aswell, his attacks are just so incredibly well made and fitting to the character, Im genuinely impressed. Now we dont have to feel bad about Ridley not beeing in Smash 4 anymore, because we got something better for Project M.

Since I first heard of Ridley, he has always been my favorite Nintendo character, and you made a dream of mine come true: To play him in Smash. So thank you so much for this and all the effort you have put into making this a reality.

Im looking forward to seeing how this mod will grow and improve further over time.

ThyLASA

Smash Rookie
Well from now on when I play I'll keep the idea you just told me for the D-Tilt. But great hack thus far.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Do I just download from the link and drag it where my project M is stored? How am I supposed to use him.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Oh man Bagan teases me with this mod.
I like him so much. He's more balanced then ever. Though I am sure the up special is not going to be used in my hands anymore (it kills me a lot in game).
Congrats at the progress. Whoever is rigging it to make that model a thing, think they'd be able to do the same for Meta?

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Did some more testing with the addon, it didn't work. What I did do is replace the files from 1.9 with the files from 1.95 from the addon. I have a question under sfx. The addon one is Ridley.sawnd while the 1.9 one is 10.sawnd. Is there a difference between the two? I renamed the addon one and overwrote the original.

The Kitten Burglar

Smash Cadet
Super late to getting you this information but whatever.

The collision point on Ridley that determines when he lands is the lowest green one shown here: http://i.gyazo.com/f591b2341739f17feecd1c78ec8e86b6.png

The same goes for Charizard here: http://i.gyazo.com/0254bd543fb7be8e41082a59202a5ef7.png

what makes Ridley land on platforms is the fact that this collision point is so high when he does aerials, unlike Charizard's nair where it gravitates toward the white point at the bottom. Actually, his landing point is just absurdly high in general while falling.

edit: nvmmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Did some more testing with the addon, it didn't work. What I did do is replace the files from 1.9 with the files from 1.95 from the addon. I have a question under sfx. The addon one is Ridley.sawnd while the 1.9 one is 10.sawnd. Is there a difference between the two? I renamed the addon one and overwrote the original.
There are no differences in SFX yet. And this addon works for Shiro_Neku. He/she installed it on his/her wii and it works, so, it may be on your end. If more reports will arrive, then maybe its same thing as when i didn't had game freezing glitch, but you all had it.
Super late to getting you this information but whatever.

The collision point on Ridley that determines when he lands is the lowest green one shown here: http://i.gyazo.com/f591b2341739f17feecd1c78ec8e86b6.png

The same goes for Charizard here: http://i.gyazo.com/0254bd543fb7be8e41082a59202a5ef7.png

what makes Ridley land on platforms is the fact that this collision point is so high when he does aerials, unlike Charizard's nair where it gravitates toward the white point at the bottom. Actually, his landing point is just absurdly high in general while falling.
Doesn't helps much though since i don't even know what those collision points are. There is no such thing in coding or animations or at least nothing i noticed, so, we just know what causes it, but not how to fix it.
Oh man Bagan teases me with this mod.
I like him so much. He's more balanced then ever. Though I am sure the up special is not going to be used in my hands anymore (it kills me a lot in game).
Congrats at the progress. Whoever is rigging it to make that model a thing, think they'd be able to do the same for Meta?
Yes. But first, we need to find someone to rig them.

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
What exactly are you doing?
If you want to use the addon you only need to copy the "Ridley 1.9.7z" in "SD:\projectm\launcher\addons" and then use the launcher to install it, you don't need to manually copy any of the files inside the archive.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, now that i am sure its safe to give character a command grab with help of some rel stuff (at least KJP and i think drogoth said so and i trust them), i think Side B will become a command grab again. On the ground, it will be same as in Other M (except with ground instead of wall and i won't completly reuse current FThrow animation) and in the air, something like Ganondorf's. This also means that FThrow will be replaced. But all of that will happen only once i'll get it all working. I think it will be more useful than what currently is used.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Hm, not sure what to think, I just love Ridley's iconic ram attack from MP.. :(
Maybe you could leave it as an alternate (like the flamethrower) but not sure if giving him all these options would make him OP. Then give him the old Up-B as an alternate Up-B and he has like 50 recovery mixups, lol. Would be crazy fun to play but balanced..? not sure about that, heh.

The Fthrow was always weird for a throw though and slightly OP since it was a guaranteed drag to the ledge.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hm, not sure what to think, I just love Ridley's iconic ram attack from MP.. :(
Maybe you could leave it as an alternate (like the flamethrower) but not sure if giving him all these options would make him OP. Then give him the old Up-B as an alternate Up-B and he has like 50 recovery mixups, lol. Would be crazy fun to play but balanced..? not sure about that, heh.

The Fthrow was always weird for a throw though and slightly OP since it was a guaranteed drag to the ledge.
No, it will be an alternate version too. But it will require more time to perform. Old Up B will not return though.

Its not like that anymore though.

Anyway, mateys, i be preparin' somethin' for April Fools day. Guess what be it...

Top Bottom