• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

SDM

Smash Cadet
That's very unfortunate. I was looking forward to this model of Ridley in particular (not a fan of OM Ridley), but it is what it is. I hope this proves to be a useful learning experience for you, and best of luck! You've done amazing work so far despite what naysayers may lead you to believe.

To prevent another restart, how about formulating a (mental or written) design doc so that you can work around the constraints you're given. If animation is (and will be) the bottleneck, try to get all of that down first before proceeding to other steps, for example.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's very unfortunate. I was looking forward to this model of Ridley in particular (not a fan of OM Ridley), but it is what it is. I hope this proves to be a useful learning experience for you, and best of luck! You've done amazing work so far despite what naysayers may lead you to believe.

To prevent another restart, how about formulating a (mental or written) design doc so that you can work around the constraints you're given. If animation is (and will be) the bottleneck, try to get all of that down first before proceeding to other steps, for example.
Don't worry, it won't look like a duck/dragon hybrid. I dislike that part of the design too, so, i curved his "beak" down and soon will further modify him. I liked that Ridley model i made and i want to make that Other M model look like it.

Im always formulating one before doing anything related to such projects. If i will focus only on animations, i won't be able to properly test them in-game and then i won't be able to get any feedback on the progress. I will also have to remake his moveset so it fits Other M model. For example, i will have to replace flying running animation with crawling running animation because OM Ridley has very big wings and replace dash attack with something similar to his last hit during claw swipe attack in OM. AAA jab will be remade to be similar to SSB4 infinite->finisher jabs too. I have to think about new moveset (that isn't SSB Crusade moveset, but with few changes) while waiting.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, i know its a double post, but that is the only way anyone will know about the good news.
I restarted this project, so, im doing everything from scratch again except for running animation, but i had to edit this one too. Here is how he looks now:

Wings were resized to be a bit smaller after making this image and idle animation was edited too, so, image is a bit outdated. Since he obviously has different proportions, i will give him new moveset (and i have to fix new bugs that would never happen previously because im using Lucario this time and those are more annoying than with previous one). Now i only need someone who can use 3ds max to resize model so it would be just 5x bigger, no other changes. Model shown isn't the final version of it - for now it has stextures were replaced.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I'm one of those pure anti-OM guys, but I'll gladly accept anything to get Ridley into smash. The textures on your new model, especially on the limbs look really blurry. The spikes protruding from his thighs also penetrate into his body and arms. The tail currently looks really stiff, but I'm sure you've already noticed everything I mentioned here.

I could never really picture Ridley with a rapid jab flurry. What did you have in mind for this move? I'd also like to see your plans for the attack animations you plan on redesigning.

I hope you kept everything from your old project. There could be some people here who might be interested in picking up where you left off to trim the fat from your animations.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm one of those pure anti-OM guys, but I'll gladly accept anything to get Ridley into smash. The textures on your new model, especially on the limbs look really blurry. The spikes protruding from his thighs also penetrate into his body and arms. The tail currently looks really stiff, but I'm sure you've already noticed everything I mentioned here.

I could never really picture Ridley with a rapid jab flurry. What did you have in mind for this move? I'd also like to see your plans for the attack animations you plan on redesigning.

I hope you kept everything from your old project. There could be some people here who might be interested in picking up where you left off to trim the fat from your animations.
I reduced size of his textures to reduce file size. Otherwise, i wouldn't be able to use him. For the spikes penetrating into his bod and arms - they don't:

But they will cause some problems while making animations, so, i will make them shorter. Tail doesn't looks so stiff anymore. I just wanted to post that image as soon as possible.

Something like Porky's rapid jab flurry, but not as fast. For the plans on attack animations, i don't have much for now because ideas for them come when im making animations themselves, but i have few ideas for attacks right now:
Run :GCA: - Claw swipe with high knockback and medium damage. Has nearly no start up, but long end lag. Replaced previous one because it fits Project M's fast gameplay more.
:GCB: - Down B from previous version. Doesn't goes diagonaly down when used in air anymore (because it is impossible to do with Lucario's B projectile). Same animations as before. Projectile can't be reflected, absorbed or nulled unless it hits something (like Meta Ridley's giant fireball he uses while flying in SSE, not those big fireballs he uses when clinging to Blue Falcon) if fully charged.
:GCR::GCB: - Something between his grab from Other M and Ganondorf's Side B. If hits, uses previous version's forward throw (will turn around either if too close to ledge when starts the throw itself or like when performing reverse Falcon Punch). If it will be possible, when used in the air, he will instead grab opponent and after flying up and burning target, throw it down. Aerial version, if it will be possible, will use animation similar to one of the unused animations Ridley had in Other M. If i will fail to make this one, i will keep previous version's Side B.

As you can see in one of the images i posted, i still have him.

Update:

More animations done. Model's shader(s?) fixed (he doesn't looks like fabulous MissingNo. version of Ridley). Wings were resized too (now i can easily move them when making animations). Running speed isn't much higher than fast walk speed for now. Aura effect is still not removed and i found more bugs that must be fixed (for example, he starts randomly rotating at Y axis when he is moving anyhow).

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
If the Brawl Ridley model has too many bones, wouldnt it be easier to reduze the amout of bones for that model and rerigging it instead of doing everything from scratch?

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite disappointed that your previous Ridley Model can't be used and you now must use the OM model due to the file size limit, however, I'd rather have Ridley playable than no Ridley at all. I'd also like to add that I've said this once and I'll say it again, you work incredibly fast.

So how long would you estimate the project take to complete since you've restarted from scratch?

Last edited:

SDM

Smash Cadet
Wow, you restarted your project faster than I expected! Nice!

One thing that is still bothering me texture-wise is the amount of "keratin" protruding out of the OM Ridley. I know you said that you're making them smaller and that's awesome. But is there a way to make most of them besides the feet claws to be the same color as the skin? As in, limit the amount of whites to the same amount as the older model. The contrast is unsightly.

It's good that you're basing it off of Lucario this time. Actual projectiles is always a good thing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If the Brawl Ridley model has too many bones, wouldnt it be easier to reduze the amout of bones for that model and rerigging it instead of doing everything from scratch?
I can't rig models unfortunately (i don't even have program required for it), so, it is impossible. Even if i would do that, i would have to recode everything to match new bone indexes.
Wow, you restarted your project faster than I expected! Nice!

One thing that is still bothering me texture-wise is the amount of "keratin" protruding out of the OM Ridley. I know you said that you're making them smaller and that's awesome. But is there a way to make most of them besides the feet claws to be the same color as the skin? As in, limit the amount of whites to the same amount as the older model. The contrast is unsightly.

It's good that you're basing it off of Lucario this time. Actual projectiles is always a good thing.
I will recolor his tail spike to match skin color while further editing model, but recoloring other parts like that will make them look weird. If you mean just those spikes and not parts like claws, then sure, i will leave that as an option for those who doesn't likes those.
I'm quite disappointed that your previous Ridley Model can't be used and you now must use the OM model due to the file size limit, however, I'd rather have Ridley playable than no Ridley at all. I'd also like to add that I've said this once and I'll say it again, you work incredibly fast.

So how long would you estimate the project take to complete since you've restarted from scratch?
It will certainly take longer than before. 1-2 months i guess.

Black recolor is back:

Right now im editing the model itself.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, what are you going to do with that old Ridley model? Are you going to keep it to see if you can ever continue working on it or are you going to delete it permanently? Are you going to upload the Ridley with unfinished attacked animations? Or is it completely unusable?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Quick question, what are you going to do with that old Ridley model? Are you going to keep it to see if you can ever continue working on it or are you going to delete it permanently? Are you going to upload the Ridley with unfinished attacked animations? Or is it completely unusable?
I will keep it and if i will find a solution, finish it. Until then, i won't upload it because it has too much unfinished stuff (item animations, win animations, taunts, walk slow and middle, recovery right when you hit the floor, etc.) and most of the get hit animations are just placeholders (either because they look same or reuse previous animation).

Last edited:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Impossible to change the angle of Lucario's projectile... interesting. You chose Lucario as a base for the projectile and command grab, correct? Why not Bowser instead? He also has a command grab and has a diagonal projectile on B. Diddy also has projectiles and a command grab, though his projectiles are Items, so that may be a problem.

Any plans to recycle attack animations from SSE? I figure that would help lessen your workload. Great job, as always!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Impossible to change the angle of Lucario's projectile... interesting. You chose Lucario as a base for the projectile and command grab, correct? Why not Bowser instead? He also has a command grab and has a diagonal projectile on B. Diddy also has projectiles and a command grab, though his projectiles are Items, so that may be a problem.

Any plans to recycle attack animations from SSE? I figure that would help lessen your workload. Great job, as always!
Bowser has Final Smash that won't fit him, his fire breath is very limited (and it don't behaves like projectiles would) and he can't be cloned with clone engine/BrawlEx. Diddy's projectiles at least turn into items and such attributes can't be removed and his Final Smash doesn't fits too (and it generates items too).
BaganSmashBros, can you fullfill me a wish and have the normal Other M Ridley model as an alt? I can see why you like your edits, but they really dont do anything for me and I would rather play the normal Other M Ridley.

Edit:

Or have his concept art version as an alt: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100924191702/metroid/de/images/9/93/Adult_Ridley.jpg
You mean original duck guy? Sure, it won't be that hard. I just have to replace 4 polygons for that, all textures and its done. With those edits, im just removing stuff that bothers many like his duck face, Brawl Ridley's massive overbite, etc.
That concept art can't be properly done (i can't create verticles and there is nothing to form those mucles on his body without them looking stretched).
Which, honestly, isn't that hard. Only slightly time consuming.
This part isn't hard, yes, but it takes a lot of time. Rigging is hard and takes even more time.

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
I reduced size of his textures to reduce file size. Otherwise, i wouldn't be able to use him. For the spikes penetrating into his bod and arms - they don't:

But they will cause some problems while making animations, so, i will make them shorter. Tail doesn't looks so stiff anymore. I just wanted to post that image as soon as possible.

Something like Porky's rapid jab flurry, but not as fast. For the plans on attack animations, i don't have much for now because ideas for them come when im making animations themselves, but i have few ideas for attacks right now:
Run :GCA: - Claw swipe with high knockback and medium damage. Has nearly no start up, but long end lag. Replaced previous one because it fits Project M's fast gameplay more.
:GCB: - Down B from previous version. Doesn't goes diagonaly down when used in air anymore (because it is impossible to do with Lucario's B projectile). Same animations as before. Projectile can't be reflected, absorbed or nulled unless it hits something (like Meta Ridley's giant fireball he uses while flying in SSE, not those big fireballs he uses when clinging to Blue Falcon) if fully charged.
:GCR::GCB: - Something between his grab from Other M and Ganondorf's Side B. If hits, uses previous version's forward throw (will turn around either if too close to ledge when starts the throw itself or like when performing reverse Falcon Punch). If it will be possible, when used in the air, he will instead grab opponent and after flying up and burning target, throw it down. Aerial version, if it will be possible, will use animation similar to one of the unused animations Ridley had in Other M. If i will fail to make this one, i will keep previous version's Side B.

As you can see in one of the images i posted, i still have him.

Update:

More animations done. Model's shader(s?) fixed (he doesn't looks like fabulous MissingNo. version of Ridley). Wings were resized too (now i can easily move them when making animations). Running speed isn't much higher than fast walk speed for now. Aura effect is still not removed and i found more bugs that must be fixed (for example, he starts randomly rotating at Y axis when he is moving anyhow).
Amazing work, Ridley's model looks perfectly sized and not awkward at all.
Kudos to you, man......Sakurai should take notes from you. :grin:

If I may suggest, can you have Ridley's Down Special be the "Protective Aura" from Other M?
You know, that black aura that Ridley unleashes when hit a lethal strike which can reflect Samus's Plasma Beam.
Protective Aura can be a projectile-counter.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Amazing work, Ridley's model looks perfectly sized and not awkward at all.
Kudos to you, man......Sakurai should take notes from you. :grin:

If I may suggest, can you have Ridley's Down Special be the "Protective Aura" from Other M?
You know, that black aura that Ridley unleashes when hit a lethal strike which can reflect Samus's Plasma Beam.
Protective Aura can be a projectile-counter.
I considered making it this one, but i don't know how to make projectile reflecting code work for certain amount of time outside of what triggers it. I will look at Raptor PSA for that kind of thing then. I at least know how to make him look darker and give that purple aura that appears on his chest (or waist) area.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
You mean original duck guy? Sure, it won't be that hard. I just have to replace 4 polygons for that, all textures and its done. With those edits, im just removing stuff that bothers many like his duck face, Brawl Ridley's massive overbite, etc.
That concept art can't be properly done (i can't create verticles and there is nothing to form those mucles on his body without them looking stretched).
Alright awesome, thanks!

Now, as for Concept Ridley, I think the "muscle" things can be just some clever texture work. Aside from that I think the main thing that differentiates that Ridley from the ingame model is that these spike things on his body are significantely smaller as well as his feet and hand claws and that the textures are alot less messy and more smooth. Also, his beak maybe needs to be curved a little less upward than it is in the in game version.

If you reduce the size of the spikes and of his claws to what they are on the concept art and straighten out his beak just a touch, I could maybe do the texture work for you and we can have concept Ridley as an additional alt.

Anyhow, I think if we do this we should do it after everything else is finished, including the normal Other M alt, afterall, we would need to base the concept art version on that one.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright awesome, thanks!

Now, as for Concept Ridley, I think the "muscle" things can be just some clever texture work. Aside from that I think the main thing that differentiates that Ridley from the ingame model is that these spike things on his body are significantely smaller as well as his feet and hand claws and that the textures are alot less messy and more smooth. Also, his beak maybe needs to be curved a little less upward than it is in the in game version.

If you reduce the size of the spikes and of his claws to what they are on the concept art and straighten out his beak just a touch, I could maybe do the texture work for you and we can have concept Ridley as an additional alt.

Anyhow, I think if we do this we should do it after everything else is finished, including the normal Other M alt, afterall, we would need to base the concept art version on that one.
For some reasons, BrawlBox refuses to replace polygons. Weird. I will try again later.

I'll think about it. I won't be able to do that alone of course. And i think claw length is same on concept art.

I encountered another thing that must be fixed - his right side's Y and Z axis rotation are opposite of his left side (for example, 0,-20,-20 on left side and 0,20,20 on right side), so, his thrown animations looks messed up (and that is only one of the problems i have with thrown animations - his tail and wings become stiff again) on the right side.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Important announcement:
Until i will fix this model, this project will not move an inch because i will have to redo everything then. It will take 3-4 days (for reasons i won't explain) unless someone will do that for me (i doubt it >_>). Model im using has some issues with it due to the way it was rigged and scaled. I need my model to be resized to be 5x bigger (i know you can resize character in his attributes or animations, but i need model itself to be resized or else things will look weird; it needs to be exactly 5x bigger because right now, it is 11.25x smaller than Brawl's Ridley model and this model belongs to another Ridley, so, they should have same size, but i want him to have size fitting for a playable character, so, it must be only 5x bigger than it is right now) and bones on the right side must be edited so they would move properly (right now if i will move left arm up and forward, then copy those values to right arm, it will move down and backward, same goes to every other part on the right side). For now, have an image showing recent changes done to the model:

What is changed since last version:
  • Ridley's teeth are longer and just overall sharper now.
  • His tail, neck and body now has spikes instead of something that looks like vertebra's posterior.
  • Tail has something resembling part of Ridley's classic tail.
  • Lower jaw is now thicker and has chin spike Brawl Ridley has.
  • Eye textures are edited so he has pupils now.
  • Eyes now glow (for some reasons, eye that is facing light's source, unless stage is bright by default (if it is, then both eyes are yellow), is yellow while other eye left in the dark is red like it should be; this difference is unnoticable in normal gameplay, so, its not that much of a problem).
Example of eyes glowing:

I think Luigi's death stare/glare looks a lot more intimidating that this...

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Important announcement:
Until i will fix this model, this project will not move an inch because i will have to redo everything then. It will take 3-4 days (for reasons i won't explain) unless someone will do that for me (i doubt it >_>). Model im using has some issues with it due to the way it was rigged and scaled. I need my model to be resized to be 5x bigger (i know you can resize character in his attributes or animations, but i need model itself to be resized or else things will look weird; it needs to be exactly 5x bigger because right now, it is 11.25x smaller than Brawl's Ridley model and this model belongs to another Ridley, so, they should have same size, but i want him to have size fitting for a playable character, so, it must be only 5x bigger than it is right now) and bones on the right side must be edited so they would move properly (right now if i will move left arm up and forward, then copy those values to right arm, it will move down and backward, same goes to every other part on the right side). For now, have an image showing recent changes done to the model:

What is changed since last version:
  • Ridley's teeth are longer and just overall sharper now.
  • His tail, neck and body now has spikes instead of something that looks like vertebra's posterior.
  • Tail has something resembling part of Ridley's classic tail.
  • Lower jaw is now thicker and has chin spike Brawl Ridley has.
  • Eye textures are edited so he has pupils now.
  • Eyes now glow (for some reasons, eye that is facing light's source, unless stage is bright by default (if it is, then both eyes are yellow), is yellow while other eye left in the dark is red like it should be; this difference is unnoticable in normal gameplay, so, its not that much of a problem).
Example of eyes glowing:

I think Luigi's death stare/glare looks a lot more intimidating that this...
Heehee, awesome. I recommend to alter the area around the eye with some shades of orange, to really give the impression the eye is glowing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Heehee, awesome. I recommend to alter the area around the eye with some shades of orange, to really give the impression the eye is glowing.
Then i will make normal eye texture have some transparent space so its back layer (which gave impression of the eyes glowing in Metroid Other M) would be visible, which would give that impression.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Sad to see that this project is staled due to problems, I hope that it can continue on soon. From what I've seen I like your work and I can't wait to see how you make this new Ridley work out. :)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sad to see that this project is staled due to problems, I hope that it can continue on soon. From what I've seen I like your work and I can't wait to see how you make this new Ridley work out. :)
Don't worry about it too much. While certain something happens (that something is what delays model fix), i could work on the model to make it closer to what i want (for example, i want to give him classic Ridley's eyebrow spikes and get rid of spikes on his head unless it will then look unfitting), so, it just allows me to focus on model only. I didn't thought of that when making that post.

Bond

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to toss in my verbal support. I know projects are time consuming and can deflate your mood or desire. Just remember that there are a community of people who are excited about what you are doing and willing to help in whatever way they are able. :)

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Say, I wanna reccomend something. I'll be honest, I feel his down B is redundant to his neutral B, seeing he has two fireball specials. If I'm not too late, I'd recommend changing his down B to the ever-so-popular Tail Pogo, a ground pound move that, while having less damage and knockback than Bowser's or Yoshi's, can be somewhat spammable. I personally want it to be just like Greninja's down air when used in the air, but I feel that would be OP.

As for Ridley's down air, I'd say a basic swipe of the tail downwards, the blade being a meteor sweetspot. Actually, why not make all his tail attacks have sweetspots on the blade? Its so obvious!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Say, I wanna reccomend something. I'll be honest, I feel his down B is redundant to his neutral B, seeing he has two fireball specials. If I'm not too late, I'd recommend changing his down B to the ever-so-popular Tail Pogo, a ground pound move that, while having less damage and knockback than Bowser's or Yoshi's, can be somewhat spammable. I personally want it to be just like Greninja's down air when used in the air, but I feel that would be OP.

As for Ridley's down air, I'd say a basic swipe of the tail downwards, the blade being a meteor sweetspot. Actually, why not make all his tail attacks have sweetspots on the blade? Its so obvious!
You are too late then. His down B was moved to neutral B while his new down B is...don't know how to call it, but it will give him light armor (like Project M Bowser's during his Side Smash) and he will reflect projectiles for 5 seconds after using it (but he will be left vulnerable while he applies it and since Ridley will be pretty light-weighted for such large character...), but his attacks will become slower. Down Air will work like Project M Wario's (spikes/meteor smashes opponent and goes up a bit) and will be pogo tail.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
You are too late then. His down B was moved to neutral B while his new down B is...don't know how to call it, but it will give him light armor (like Project M Bowser's during his Side Smash) and he will reflect projectiles for 5 seconds after using it (but he will be left vulnerable while he applies it and since Ridley will be pretty light-weighted for such large character...), but his attacks will become slower. Down Air will work like Project M Wario's (spikes/meteor smashes opponent and goes up a bit) and will be pogo tail.
Okay, that's good. I just wanted the redundancy of two fireball specials to be out of the way. Also glad he at least has the pogo tail (though I'd still make it more like Greninja's where it spikes only at the beginning). Maybe give it an angle like Sonic's down air.

May I make a suggestion to tweak his fireball attack to be more like Bowser's custom fireball attack in Smash 4? I definately feel that at least he shouldn't be crouching like he did before.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Okay, that's good. I just wanted the redundancy of two fireball specials to be out of the way. Also glad he at least has the pogo tail (though I'd still make it more like Greninja's where it spikes only at the beginning). Maybe give it an angle like Sonic's down air.

May I make a suggestion to tweak his fireball attack to be more like Bowser's custom fireball attack in Smash 4? I definately feel that at least he shouldn't be crouching like he did before.
Nah, it will just not go into the bounce state at the beginning. It will have a high risk of just falling down and dieing instead of finishing opponent when used above the bottomless pit, so, it must have a high reward. I won't angle it because then its not pogo tail attack we all know.
If it will make him clip through platforms too much, then no. His mouth also must be at the same heigh during both charging and shooting the projectile because of the way Lucario's aura sphere works.

For something less serious, one of the extra recolors is "Ridl- i mean Charizard" recolor:

There is version with clean tail too. I also found a better way to recolor textures and this is very good news.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
What if we changed his eyes to turquoise to make him even more similar to Charizard? :denzel:

I think I've said this before, but I definately feel Ridley needs to be a brighter shade of purple. If you're thinking of using that mobile reflector for his down B, I'd say this current shade would be perfect for it...if you can program it (a huge if).

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What if we changed his eyes to turquoise to make him even more similar to Charizard? :denzel:

I think I've said this before, but I definately feel Ridley needs to be a brighter shade of purple. If you're thinking of using that mobile reflector for his down B, I'd say this current shade would be perfect for it...if you can program it (a huge if).
How would he be able to paint them? It is a bad idea to paint your eyes with a cheap paint.

If that isn't possible, then it will still be shown that reflector is turned on since he will have purple arura around his chest area like in Other M.

Oh, i completly forgot to show new textures!

They are brigher now while still being dark compared to most of the cast.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
STIMPY I COULD KISS YOU!

Seriously Bagan, this is amazing work, I can't wait to get my hands on it and try it out, here's hoping this makes it into Project M.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Just got an idea for smash attacks that implement using his tail like a scorpion's. I want it to be his side smash, but I'm tempted for it being his up smash simply because slapping his wings feels underwhelming. His down smash, however, would have him spin his tail rapidly along the ground like Roy's down smash.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just got an idea for smash attacks that implement using his tail like a scorpion's. I want it to be his side smash, but I'm tempted for it being his up smash simply because slapping his wings feels underwhelming. His down smash, however, would have him spin his tail rapidly along the ground like Roy's down smash.
Wing smash has better range than any of the tail attacks would have considering how thin his tail is. That Down Smash is already used, but it is more useful when it is not a multi-hit attack and it would be overpowered considering how long his tail is and hitboxes in this game are not just flat squares (they are like spheres/balls instead), so, making his tail curved to reduce range of attack won't help much. Side smash will be different this time (something like his tail stab from Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission).

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
Hey, Bagan, I have been watching this thread for a while now and am very excited to see where this project leads. For this reason I was also excited to find that you had posted a metroid prime sfx pack for Samus recently and so I went to download it when I got home however the download link appeared to be down. I went to try again and now I find myself unable to find the pack at all, is this pack available still, and if so could you direct me to a working download link it would be much appreciated.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey, Bagan, I have been watching this thread for a while now and am very excited to see where this project leads. For this reason I was also excited to find that you had posted a metroid prime sfx pack for Samus recently and so I went to download it when I got home however the download link appeared to be down. I went to try again and now I find myself unable to find the pack at all, is this pack available still, and if so could you direct me to a working download link it would be much appreciated.
I removed it because it randomly freezes the game and download link, while it works and worked for at least 22 peoples, sometimes doesn't (but it always works for me).

Top Bottom