• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Unleashing a 2-D Horror - A Game and Watch Thread

dettadeus

Smash Lord
uthrow > hammer is guaranteed on falcon between like 10 and 50 and then you have to SH or FH to get it to connect for another 30-40 percent

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
as a gnw user, thats tight as ****, but as a falcon user that **** is ****ing gay as hell

geno

Smash Apprentice
Really? It works really well against falcon. Once you get a feel for it at least. Dthrow, Dtilt, hammer works too, but that's provided they don't tech roll away.

That's true though, forgot about edge guarding and the Uair juggling. Maybe it is in G&W's favor. what about Ganon though? I feel that one's definitely disadvantage to G&W. that wizard kick and Ftilt....

EDIT: for the record, my comment was supposed to be posts up 2. I realize now that I shouldn't start writing a comment, eat lunch, then finish my post. Hahaha.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
while i was testing a while back i remember finding that if they DI'd badly (e.g. somehow didn't DI hard to the sides) with uthrow you can upb > dj hammer on hitconfirm with the upb between like 90 and 110 but at that point you could be nairing instead

geno

Smash Apprentice
Well yeah, you could nair but still. Does it get any more satisfying than uthrow, upb, dj hammer?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You can also CG Falcon for free and his techs are bad.

With his weight, not optimal DI on Fthrow or sometimes even uthrow at mid-%'s leads to WD/Walk up -> FSmash to begin your edgeguard.

When I played against Xatic (lost to him at "Outrage 1" 1-2), I landed uthrow > pan hit of bacon > wd fsmash on the right side of Metal Cavern (my CP for game 3). It was cool and I won that set 2-1, to even us up on games/sets.

Well yeah, you could nair but still. Does it get any more satisfying than uthrow, upb, dj hammer?
Uthrow > Pan hit of Chef > DACUS.

Yes it does.

Though, I'm weird... because I also like uthrow > WL (this is on platforms overhead, most specifically Halberd) > dash > DACUS to catch the obvious tech roll out.

Yung Mei

wurt

am i the only one who believes that ganon is GNW's most free matchup and theres no possible way you could lose

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Outside of the "no possible way you could lose" thing, since, well... when is the last time or even the first time we saw a /good/ Ganondorf in P:M anyway? (Maybe Leelue?)

On ease of play... maybe Falcon might be the easiest. I haven't played a Ganon since like 2.1 and that MU wasn't nearly as free as it seems to be now. Jigglypuff seems kinda easy-ish. A lot of MU's just feel relatively moderate in difficulties to me.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Ganondorf can't do anything about bacon. In some ways it's worse for him than lasers. Take him FD, SV, Green Hill Zone ect. and it should be mad free.

Yung Mei

alright, so ganon/gnw is confirmed -100/200 our favor right

also, ness is ****ing hard as ****, dont play ness as gnw, pick someone else

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I am not sure about other characters, since I've only played Sheik, Marth and GnW vs Ness... but with GnW is was pretty hard.

geno

Smash Apprentice
alright, so ganon/gnw is confirmed -100/200 our favor right
Awww, c'mon guys! Definitely still feel like it's around 1/500 Ganon's favor. And Ness isn't that bad, bucket for PK fire, and bacon to keep the DJCs at bay, Dtilt for the low ones. I'm beginning to think that I'm G&W-ing wrong. We'll get to a matchup where I'm in agreement with everyone else eventually, right guys? Right?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think we all agree that we beat Ganon, it's just a matter of how much. Maybe even the same with Falcon by now.

I've played vs Ness all of 3 times in a tournament setting and 0 times in actual tournaments, so my opinion isn't fully formed. I just know that it felt hard. Not sure if we win or lose it, gonna abstain.

Lucas I think we might beat slightly, but I've got more stuff to look into for that.

Yung Mei

i dont think ness is ridiculous (i think the only time i ever played him seriously was when i used gnw)

yeah the matchups definitely hard

one thing though, why the **** does his fsmash hit from so far away
it hits you form like, 60 bowsers away, the fuck pmbr why'd you guys do that

ALSO, because you guys abandoned me, Meta and I are making a GNW video

sup

PSAlso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzu4DfIyHs&feature=youtu.be

idk, i heard my gnw was pretty kawaii, thoughts?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's not like I abandoned you, I just couldn't get anything recorded up to that point. ;_;

I do have videos from a few smashfests and Outrage 2: There's me smoothly dodging Sago's Snake with MAXIMUM SPACING (not really), here's me with a 9 hammer and a 5 stock teams comeback since you guys always love those.

I guess you might be able to pick up something from the LF and GF Set 1 / Set 2 doubles sets from Outrage 2. And in the middle of me getting destroyed by Lain's Fox and losing to it on FD with Zelda, there's me 3-stocking his Falcon on FoD (1:57:00).

I like your movement and your chef -> usmash, that was sexy.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
'Nother post because dead boards.

Got 3rd yesterday. Lost to Ally (Falcon) 1-3 in Winner's Finals and SuperTH (Sonic) 1-3 in Loser's Finals. Only played 'Watch in one game vs SuperTH, a loss (Game 1). Vids will probably be up soon. Finally got top 3, but not super excited, wanted more. Now we here, I guess.

Bye.

Yung Mei

wait, so its been able to do that since forever?
why the **** havent we talked about it

Yung Mei

its hard for me to know anything about brawl since i never actually gave a **** about tourneys or any characters other than falcon lmao

which reminds me, bacon "combos" into grab its delicious

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
Any body know why they didn't keep his melee down throw? Tech chasing is great and all but his down throw was one of his best attributes in melee.

Yung Mei

im going to july GC, and most likely going to record matches and ****. any matchup requests you guys want me to do? eggz and i are gonna mm again (dat lucario/gnw matchup is so much fun), so we can actually start discussing it here

Yung Mei

i play that matchup as falcon against my friends gnw

**** that matchup

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I could show you a sloppy version of it of me vs Ally Falcon. If you want to watch an ugly version of it and piece together what I should have done correctly with it, you can.

I lost to Ally 1-3 after destroying Xatic's Falcon 2-0 in WSF. No johns for my performance though.

Yung Mei

i saw the problem right at the beginning, youre using a classic controller

you oughta be ashamed young man

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I had felt like I wasn't playing super well all weekend, but there were more than enough move choice mistakes and tech errors to tell me that I still have a lot to clean up on.

Ally said that he was expecting me to beat him throughout the entire weekend and for the most part in friendlies and stuff we were going even. I might want to call it jitters or whatever, but I can hammer that **** out of my game either way.

That is the Classic Controller PRO to you, Calvo.

Also, by this point I am terrible with a Gamecube controller, lol.

Yung Mei

im sorry ;-;

at any right, consider using ftilt against falcons recovery, im fairly certain that he cant grab you through it, and is generally more reliable than dtilt

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
im sorry ;-;

at any right, consider using ftilt against falcons recovery, im fairly certain that he cant grab you through it, and is generally more reliable than dtilt

I know, sometimes I'm not there fast enough to do it and it's like I'm screaming at Ally to just knee me.

Also, he's pretty good at weaving Falcon's recovery through it. Slayertokey was too.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Ftilt has a higher reward, but if falcon jumps through it with ledge invul he can blow you up. It also doesn't come out as fast, reach as low or work out of dash.

I also think that if you hit with either one falcon should be dead, so the only real reason I think you should use ftilt for edge guarding falcon is to abuse the lingering hitbox and catch him face checking your defence.

On the other hand a low level falcon or one that doesn't know G&W very well will eat a ftilt everyday.

Top Bottom