• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
yeah for real, you guys should at least advertise hannahs tournament.

austin should have to travel to houston, we are the BEST city in the state.

irv05

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, gonna be attending ut austin next semester, I'm not a competitive brawler yet (haven't been to many tournaments), but I've loved smash all my life and i want to learn! It would be great if you guys could let me attend your meetings and all that. :)

Oh I main Ness, and IC's

Oh and i've lurked smashboards for a VERY long time.. x)

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Greetings, Austin Smashers. I was redirected here from the Austin Brawl Thread to find Melee smashers.

I will be arriving in Austin on Friday and will be living there for an indeterminable amout of time (anywhere from a year to possibly the rest of my life).

Anyone want to meet up sometime in the next two weeks to play some Melee? I could use the practice. =)

I will be in the Round Rock area, which I understand is only about a 30 minute drive from Austin.

MT_

Smash Ace
Greetings, Austin Smashers. I was redirected here from the Austin Brawl Thread to find Melee smashers.

I will be arriving in Austin on Friday and will be living there for an indeterminable amout of time (anywhere from a year to possibly the rest of my life).

Anyone want to meet up sometime in the next two weeks to play some Melee? I could use the practice. =)

I will be in the Round Rock area, which I understand is only about a 30 minute drive from Austin.
Welcome to the Austin Melee! Most of us have moved to Facebook at this point with regards to communicating within the scene for smashfests and et cetera, so I would recommend you check out the Facebook group we have here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Austin.Melee/

Just send in a request to join and I'll accept you immediately. We play fairly often (and somewhat sporadically depending on our varying schedules) so hopefully we'll get to meet you soon!

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
smAsh I Restitution in Little Rock Revive our smash

You guys should come on up to little rock on October 20th, I'm going to be hosting a tournament to revive the smash scene in Arkansas, this tourney is gonna be legit so come on up and check it out on the 20th we got plenty of people coming to make it worth your while, hope I see u guys there

Smashboards Page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328302

Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/486539761365468/?fref=ts[/SIZE]

LastCenturion

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a freshman this year and I'm looking to play some Melee and P:M. I'm kind of a noob though, so hopefully you guys could teach me? I'm not clueless, I can wavedash , L-cancel, and I'm at least aware of a lot of other stuff, but I still don't have the actual technical skill to effectively use a bunch of this stuff. I've been in the DFW smash scene a little. I've played with Emily and Sethlon a few times, who you guys seem to know, and played in one of her Pinkie Pie tourneys in Grapevine. I've got a gamecube, a wired controller, a copy of melee, and a memory card in my dorm with me. I also have a decent CRT back home and a Wii I could bring up soon. So anyway, when do you guys meet? I'm having trouble finding any information on that anywhere.

MT_

Smash Ace
^

Hi and welcome! As Redshadow said, most of our talk about events and stuff happens on Facebook now. Go ahead and request to join the group and we'll let you in ASAP. Whenever anyone holds a smash fest or wants to play or whatever, they will usually post in the Facebook group.

This Saturday (tomorrow), TeSPA (Texas eSports Association) is hosting a smash tournament somewhere in ACA starting at 3pm and I will be there I think. Arriving early is OK too of you want to play friendlies; I'm not 100% clear on the details though.

Hope to meet you sometime! And don't hesitate to ask us for help or anything like that. We are a friendly group of people (and @ssholes) and love our noobs and love when noobs get better too.

Cheers.

:phone:

Jake13

Smash Lord
I was going to come on Monday but if I werk a couple hours on Tuesday I can secure the day after halloween off

And you know I be getting crunk y'all!

In all seriousness you know you couldn't put up with me for five days

:phone:

Top Bottom