• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noc

Smash Journeyman
There are spots closer to Welch that do not require any permit on weekends (look for signs that say X permit required only monday-friday). They are in high demand though, so don't count on them being available. They can be found on the streets marked green below (I think there are other such spots on campus farther away too). Welch 3.502 is circled in red.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Can anyone house Tarzan, Diglob, Obsolete, and me tomorrow night please? We're going to be staying just one night. I really need to know if someone can house us.

Kal

Smash Champion
I personally can't, but the first post on the NSIC thread has a list of Austin smashers you can contact about housing.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I think they changed the signs.
some say, class A mon-fri otherwise any permit. I haven't looked into it though. could somebody enlighten?
Aren't there still some signs on Speedway, 24th, and San Jacinto that say "X permit required mon-fri" and do not say "Y permit required at all other times"?

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone house Tarzan, Diglob, Obsolete, and me tomorrow night please? We're going to be staying just one night. I really need to know if someone can house us.
It's probably going to be a little overcrowded, but if you can't find other housing, you can crash at my place.

Also, is Jose's the best place for the smashfest? I've never been there, but maybe Kal/Reqy's or my place would better suited?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I can put together six setups. I think kal can have more if we better place the furniture.
but he lives way the hell out there. and with right now's traffic.

Kal

Smash Champion
I can't do anything tonight, sorry. Tell Arizona that I'm looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.

Kal

Smash Champion
Is "do work" an idiom for "do well?" I've never heard that one.

Shiameyo

Smash Rookie
do work = carry the team (on your back) = be the star = doing well.

Anyways, doubt I'll come out again. Still lenting from games and I got a project I gotta do. Anyone want to play smash Sunday? lol.

Good luck everyone!

MT_

Smash Ace
Here are the results; since I don't know the PW to the UT Smash Club account someone else can make the results thread with the following stuff.

SINGLES

1: Wobbles ($232.00)
2: Axe ($112.00)
3: Xelic ($40.00)
4: DoH ($16.00)
5: Tai
5: Jake13
7: Tirno
7: Kal
9: Mojo
9: SOS
9: MT
9: Falcoty
13: TSC
13: Reqy
13: JOS
13: Gar
17: Rage
17: Foof
17: Sybawave
17: Tarzan
17: EmperorCesar
17: JR5
17: King Mosquito
17: GlibbyGlobby
25: OPDM
25: Perfect Engrish
25: Jason
25: YCM
25: Brown Link
25: Velox
25: Mousse
25: JF
33: Isaac
33: Noctournez
33: Yes
33: Tree
33: Jordi
33: Obso1337
33: Noc
33: Asphidel

http://i.imgur.com/AfafZ.gif

DOUBLES

1: Lightsaber (Axe + Tai) ($156.00)
2: Wtf, Xelic is teaming with Tirno? (Tirno + Xelic) ($78.00)
3: We Camp (Sybawave + TSC) ($26.00)
4: Adam Won't Let us Pick Samus (Kal + Reqy)
5: Socially Awkward Penguin (Gar + Foof)
5: Pup 'n Suds (Jake13 + Mojo)
7: Sexy ***** (Brandon + Jos)
7: The *****, the Ho and the ****** (DoH + Wobbles)
9: Pikachu Can Eat a **** (Noctournez + Falcoty)
9: Team Name (SOS + JF)
9: Cumrocket
13: Green Team
13: Attack of the Clones (Jo5 + Noc)
13: Team Magnolia (Velox + EmperorCesar)

http://i.imgur.com/LsL7e.gif

MT_

Smash Ace
Another thing:

Where do you guys want me to upload videos? Tai said that he would let me upload videos onto his channel ATVSmash (he'd give me a temporary password) since he has like 800+ subscribers. If we do that, we can get a little more TX publicity to the rest of the world.

OR, we could upload the videos to the UTSmashClub account to make it more official I guess. However, the videos recorded on Tai's setup are probably going to go onto his channel, not the UTSmashClub account.

If we decide to upload to the UTSmashClub account, I need the password.

MT_

Smash Ace
Everything on my laptop that I deciphered to be NOT friendlies has been uploaded. GET AT ME!@#~@#!@)$(@#&)%(

Sybawave

Smash Ace
MT_ - Getting better lol ***** me all day in friendlies =P keep it up lol not like it'll matter when we fight in tournament though. Stages and items are going to be so ****ing awesome lolol I was hoping we would meet in tournament here so everyone could see it go down xD

Tirno - Good job taking a match off of Axe lol

Kal - I think our team name next time will be "S'mores anyone?"

Reqy - Guys, I got req'd by Reqy. Random *** Marth lol too good xD

Jos - Good **** taking a match off me lol

JF - Fun teams matches lol

Xelic - I hate Peaches xD

I'm not sure if I played anyone else from Austin. I think that that was it.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I swear to god you're the person who came after MT_ lol I know that for a fact xDD I guess I accidentally highlighted it and typed over it or something.

Yeah, just get used to moving around more. Your movement looks stiff like you're not used to how the game mechanics work yet. If you were watching TAI's Marth, try and get to around that speed comfortably. Don't worry about hitting anything yet. As soon as you get your technical skill polished, then you can start thinking about hitting things lol

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I partially blame taking a year off to play Barlw (thanks Sakurai...), but yes, I do need to work on making my play more fluid. I am capable of pulling off some sick combos and edgeguards, but I'm not yet consistent.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
haha, its not just Brawl, as much as I despise that game now, apart from the hacked versions.

I actually learned the game through Link, who by nature is a rather defensive character. Thus, my playing style developed to be fairly defensive, camping with projectiles until I have an opening.
I would still be maining Link except that fighting spacies and Falcon is so hard, and they're the ones I fight the most.

Kal

Smash Champion
Von, it may be funnier if you made your name something like "s'mores if you can catch us." <3

Top Bottom