• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musashi

Smash Apprentice
hell ya
falco falco team ftw dude!
what u guys dont know is that jose's in mexico are called pepe which is similar to peepee which means jose is like dr peepee or something like that and hes good n stuff
also ive always had my visa D:

Kal

Smash Champion
I've still got to figure out how we're going to do the rankings before I post anything. What do you guys think of having a separate ranking for low tier? Wouldn't that be the funsies?

Also are people still coming over tomorrow?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I'm not, going to the motherland johns
we should have rankings for random tournament results, that would be more funsies imo, more dynamic
oh mitch, are the rest of the mexican player's going to G2? they just suddenly stopped posting in the mexican forum

musashi

Smash Apprentice
mexican forum kinda died cuz brawlers made some kind of revolt and they made their own forum lol
so now theres like no point on posting there much
but ya me and other 59 mexicans are supposed to be going to GENESI2 :o

MT_

Smash Ace
How can we possibly miss out on the super duper mega hype out the *** money match?!? I'll be there.

Kal

Smash Champion
Results for the tournament

1: Kal
2: Reqy
3: Tirno
4: JF
5: MT
5: JoS
7: Spike
7: Neal
9: DP
9: pelfect engrish
9: Brown Link
9: carl
13: Gentleman
13: m33k
13: Moose
13: Rawr
17: John
17: Paddy
17: Cbass
17: Omar
17: Azi
25: King Mosquito

I've scrapped the current rankings, since having a bye actually caused ranks to be lower than they should, and I miscalculated a bit (I marked one of Rohan's losses as a win, for example, and that caused him to gain 16 points rather than lose them).

Jake13

Smash Lord
yo, do the $100 mm whenever i come up plzzzz

i really wanna see one of you flip **** :) (kal i still have your busted *** controller from one of the SA tourneys! and JF i still have more No Johns cards)

also, accepting 1-5 dollar mms from whoever for whenever i see them

<333

Kal

Smash Champion
We won't, but you better not show up super ****ing late. Reqy and I have to visit the Riata Realtor at 4:00 so I'm hoping to win my $100 at 2:00 or 3:00.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Kal took the first two on Yoshi's handedly, then JF won one on FD, and Kal won the next but it was pretty close.
I was impressed. If JF had gone FD from the start things might've been much different.

Velox

Smash Ace
Thanks Tirno, me, TSC and Blitz will for sure make that tournament if you guys hold it. I'll probably get a fourth person from Houston to fill up the car.

Also, as a side note we're going to Genesis 2, we're going to book our tickets next week.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
You guys should consider coming up for regular meetings anyways. The first meeting of the semester had pretty decent turnout. IIRC, we had like 8/9 TVs and 20 something entrants for our Melee singles tournament. The room we host in also has a projector that's pretty easy to setup.

Long story short, the only thing stopping regular meetings from rivaling/surpassing tournaments like IT2 is OOC turnout. As such, I'm probably going to start advertising our regular meetings in the Houston and DFW threads. Shoot, if you guys come on weekends that we don't have a meeting, we usually have a smashfest going anyways.

Kal

Smash Champion
Too bad you *****s can't keep your voices at a reasonable volume at 3:00 in the morning. >_>

I don't think anyone from out of town would come for a smashfest. A tournament is one thing, but driving three hours for a smashfest is unreasonable for most people.

Velox

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone from out of town would come for a smashfest. A tournament is one thing, but driving three hours for a smashfest is unreasonable for most people.
heh, interestingly me and G@BE randomly came to I think 2 smashfests at the Jester basement back when they were there eons ago, and it was pretty awesome actually. The Houston/Austin drive isn't so bad, and my parents live like halfway between there and here so it's a definite possibility.

I have only one class on Friday (it's a senior level physics class so...... it's skipable <.<) and TSC doesn't have any so maybe we'll make it out there sometime.

in the meantime, marvel at how I somehow still have my avatar...... I think it's because all of the nazi-dictator king 5hit mods don't have the ability to strip avatars :D :D :D

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
there's really no hurry, but perhaps with enough foresight we'll get the room we want.
which room would be better? welch's first floor or the shell auditorium again. perhaps the first floor 'cause I couldn't get the projector working

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
the first floor room is comfier but there's also no cell phone reception, which kinda sucks.

btw, already made an offer for Arizonans to attend EC2.
Just imagine Axe, Forward, Taj, Darkrain AND DoH at the tourney, badass.

Kal

Smash Champion
Rohan was just stating pros and cons about the room. I don't understand the *****y attitude, Jose.

MT_

Smash Ace
I like the shell auditorium. It feels brighter to me for some reason, which makes me think that it's always daytime and I haven't been playing smash until the wee hours of the night.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
sorry about my manner, rohan.
I agree with matt about the shell auditorium. it's smaller, but more open, in my opinion. it doesn't make me feel like a cavedweller.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
No problem, come up with some ideas to make it more tantalizing for people from Tuscon to drive all the way over here.
Guaranteeing Darkrain and DoH's attendance would help.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I think the size of our community would be the most attractive for OOC players. We're also fortunately in the middle of the state, and TX attendance from the valley and perhaps from houston is guaranteed. In a couple of months and perhaps next year, we can create a large enough guaranteed pot to attract big names, all this from smaller local tourneys with a house cut.

However, tourneys are all popping up everywhere lately, in houston, dallas, and san antonio. I hope our tourneys don't compete with other cities'. maybe we should have large tourney far ahead into the future. but I think that's a dumb idea because we should take action now and host the first tourney for the texas circuit.

Top Bottom