• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jake13

Smash Lord
yo was there a lil tourney up here recently? if so, placings?

if not... bad trolling is bad

also, ima try and come up to one of these ut smashfests. be ready nikkas

Jake13

Smash Lord
good **** kal, reqy coming up, edgar you disappoint me, jf choking again

austin yall need to step it up

austin v houston crew battle? yeah, get *****.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I wanna be in that. Kal, Me, Reqy (if he wants) Edgar and MT vs whoever y'all got. And yea, I've been chokin it up lately. Idk if I'll turn things around or not, but I'm not gonna let it get to me like I used to.

Also, stop ignoring the HYPE MM... biotches. <3

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of choking, my first set against Reqy ended in a premature game 4 suicide by Reqy, and then my second set against Reqy ended in a premature game 4 suicide by me. Reqy and I go so even it's scary.

Also, MT and I, Houston or Austin? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? The world may never know.

Jake13

Smash Lord
normal houston crew would be me, oscar, pawl and tirno... but since school is in session we'll let you have him

.... so we'll switch out edgar with von and call it ****.

everyone wanna throw down five bucks on the crew battle?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
btw Paddy, I have your Wii remote and nunchuck.

So JF, you got Lord HDL into competitive smash?
On that note, I think you MMing Kal with DK is as ridiculous as the fact Lord HDL thought it'd be a good idea to MM Axe, TWICE.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well the difference there is that I'll win. :chuckle: Also, in most fighting games, people money match all the time. Unless it's for huge money, it's not much different than casuals to them. I don't see why Melee players can't do the same thing.

I would also put down $10 for the crew battle. I'll be sure to not suck by the time it happens. :) Do y'all have a 5th player? I'd like to do a 5v5.

Jake13

Smash Lord
i doubt we could get five houston players up there.

what will probably happen is me, oscar and pawl going, and us taking tirno and mt for our crew. leaving yall with whoever

would you still want to throw down 10 for that? (considering that mt and edgar are realllly houston players anyway)

oh and i didn't realize that this next meeting is on spring break, this changes things a bit. i might go, but probably won't. ima end up spring breaking somewhere other than austin

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
We considered Rayz Austin, so Edgar and MT should be as well. Edgar got good mostly from playing here. MT as well, I think.

We don't have 5, or even 4 good players (especially without Reqy) if you take Edgar and MT. Idk, we'll figure something out. Also, even though the next meeting is when it is, we have smashfests every Saturday.

Jake13

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter where edgar got good, he would have gotten good anywhere and he starred in houston, iono whee matt started.

I figured if we took them y'all would back out lolol

Also, rayz lives in houston, which makes him houston. Its about residency. If I went to school in socal is still play for texas duhzzz

Kal

Smash Champion
Jake, Edgar's an Austin smasher. Being from Houston doesn't make him a Houston player anymore than me being from Bahrain makes me a Bahrainian player.

JF, you're not going to win this money match. Your trash talk is almost as bad as your Sheik. If you're going to try talking ****, I recommend you give up on doing it verbally and start finding apt GIFs to reference.

MT_

Smash Ace
I don't want to play on the same crew as Jake and Oscar. They ****ing suck **** in crews. No lie.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Kal you don't go back to bahrain on break. Edgar and matt are both coming back home for break. And their home is... yuuuup yu guessed it, houston. Which is who they play for, and who they have been playing for against the valley and others yuuuuup.

Home is where the crew is. I do understand tho tha if we take them then ut doesn't have a decent crew, right? I guess we could try and bring sideeffect or mouf or von but I dubt they'll be down to go sooooo

We need those *****z

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Jake, we need them too. I suggest we let them decide which crew they want to be on. They've played for Austin in crew battles before too, at least MT has. If we can't do it here, why not just do it at whobo?

Kal

Smash Champion
Kal you don't go back to bahrain on break. Edgar and matt are both coming back home for break. And their home is... yuuuup yu guessed it, houston. Which is who they play for, and who they have been playing for against the valley and others yuuuuup.

Home is where the crew is. I do understand tho tha if we take them then ut doesn't have a decent crew, right? I guess we could try and bring sideeffect or mouf or von but I dubt they'll be down to go sooooo

We need those *****z
It's not our problem that you guys won't have a worthwhile crew without them. They're not Houston smashers just because their parents live in Houston. Whether or not they visit Houston over break isn't relevant.

Either way, it's not like they're committed to crew with their hometown. They know that they're more likely to win crewing with us. And by "more likely" I mean "guaranteed." Unless you bring Von. That guy's super ****ing good.

crew arguments aside, i know there's no meeting this weekend but is there a smashfest?
or should i finally do my laundry lol
My place on Saturday.

MT_

Smash Ace
Guys, I am part of both Austin and Houston crews. Because I love all of you guys.

It's just that every time Jake and Oscar play in crews, they suck huge *** mother ****ing donkey **** and lose like 50 stocks to Cloud or something.

Kal

Smash Champion
Keep in mind MT that JF will be on our crew, and he does stupid **** in crews like use Zelda.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for a $5 or $10 austin vs htown crew battle sometime! So I guess this is sorta how it breaks down...

Austin:
Kal
JF
Reqy
Jos?

Houston:
Jake
Oscar
Pawl
Von

The Nomads (can choose to be in whichever crew they hate less):
Rayz
Tirno
MT
Noc

Also, you guys suck--I don't get any spring break :/
Also also, this WHOBO3 melee tourney is coming up (Mar 20)...is anyone going??

Jake13

Smash Lord
Kal/Jf: you guys wouldn't have a leg to stand on without tirno and mt, but you would still have a crew

if i went down there i would bring 1 or 2 other ppl, meaning we would literally NEED them to make a crew.

and edgar is houston. he played for houston at pound 5, a national tournament. end of story.
also that niggga lives here come summer.

mt can be whoever he wants

houston crew viables: jake13, mojo, pawls to the walls, sybawave, sideeffect, fletcher, killa whale, mouf
(leaving out edgar and mt)
with like three people being inactive or casual players.
unless you guys pull jordan or wes out of the wood works it really doesn't matter who's on your crew, its free money for houston.

EDIT: LOL @ NOMADS
Good Idea Clay!
^ i like his idea too

Kal

Smash Champion
<3 Mitch! Yes, Billy Joel is awesome. My favorite Joel album is Cold Spring Harbor, which is his first album. Most of his albums are pretty good, but he has a few bad ones, particularly The Bridge, which is complete, absolute crap.

Top Bottom