• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Just buy real Doritos instead of the H-E-B brand plzkthx.
This would require more than a $5/year membership fee. Or have several big fundraiser tourneys with venue fees. Or collect a little more than enough money to get Papa John's for everybody at most meetings.

Actually guys, I'm not so sure if I'm going back to UT for this year.
¿porque? :confused:
This may be good news for Jose--he could move up from Imperial Intern to Imperial Stormtrooper.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
xyro you need to stop losing cool points

All of this talk is countering the fact you have the ballz to main one of the worst characters in the game, and use her at a high level.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
it's not good news for my heart, clay. don't even insinuate that. justin do tell your story! you can't leave us behind without an explanation. the third floor triplets must stay together

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Noc is already in Houston, they're not really his "gang" anymore, and he himself won't be attending Insane Triumph because he's going to some volunteer thing in Oklahoma.
I would get in contact with MT.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I graduated from UT so now live near Houston.
C'mon Austin melee ppl, if Houston melee players could make the trip to Endless Challenge, you can make the trip to Insane Triumph. Sounds like it will be even bigger than Endless Challenge so will be worth it.
Really wish I could go but had to visit OK. When I go back to Houston, I plan to visit Dallas on Sunday (to see my bro) and Austin on Monday (to get transcripts). I may have some time for melee those days if anybody's interested.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
GO TO AUSTIN TUESDAY.
Monday is the last day you, Christine and I will be able to hang out, plus we're celebrating your bday!!

*edit*

unless we can talk Christine into going to Austin on Monday.

nice1_js

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm in Austin for the summer. I figured I would post here first.

I use to play a lot, but I gave up my GC and Wii a year ago. I recently got a Wii, and I've been playing Melee every night since I got a hold of a wavebird and an OEM controller. I'm still looking for others though and no luck :(

Anyways, just wanted to say what's up!

reqy

Smash Journeyman
I don't know anyone way down South in Austin but Downtown-ish, you are looking at me, spiku, and q1rno. Up north past 183, there's superkal, q1rno, jf, redshadow, nubz maybe? That's about all I know. Our contacts are on the Austin Melee Thread, i believe, so go search.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I'm in Austin for the summer. I figured I would post here first.

I use to play a lot, but I gave up my GC and Wii a year ago. I recently got a Wii, and I've been playing Melee every night since I got a hold of a wavebird and an OEM controller. I'm still looking for others though and no luck :(

Anyways, just wanted to say what's up!
Maybe we could play sometime this weekend. I live near UT. And you?

MT_

Smash Ace
2 stocks for the set lol. One of them was his suicide. It was recorded... you guys can watch and laugh.

Kal

Smash Champion
You could just, you know, learn how to properly emote through text. I don't think Dickens was vexed at how to show that Manette was sad over husband's imprisonment without the use of ****ing emoticons.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Dickens sucks, Tale of Two Cities is one of the most boring pieces of **** I've ever read.

And Manette never had a reason to be sarcastic about anything.

Kal

Smash Champion
A Tale of Two Cities was all right. Way too much coincidence, and it wasn't as funny as his other works. There was a ton of sarcasm in the novel, though. It's not that boring, either. I guess if you like reading Dan Brown, you may find A Tale of Two Cities boring.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'd have to read it again, but I won't, haha.

Only Dickens book that I ever liked was A Christmas Carol.
Still, not as bad as Pride and Prejudice, nothing will ever top the ****tiness of that book.
If you want an idea of what I'm into, my favorite authors are Michael Crichton, Robin Cook and Paul Zindel.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
btw Matt, aside from Darkrain actually showing up to it, would you say Insane Triumph was better or worse than Endless Challenge?

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
better since the same plus more people came.
That's not really true. IT had Dallas show up, whereas EC didn't. However EC also had San Antonio and Austin, including quite a few old school players. And considering Rohan's question (Darkrain aside), EC was at least as good as IT, at worst.

Also, I didn't go, so IT auto-loses.

MT_

Smash Ace
Concerning the quality of the players present, I'd have to say it was more or less equal. Instead of Austin there was Dallas. Instead of San Antonio, there was Brownsville/RGV. However, I'm going to have to say that IT was more exciting. At EC I was hardly interested in watching any of the matches over playing friendlies with random people. However, at IT there were so many hype matches that half the time 4 of the 6 stations were empty. We got to see Broly go through strong players like JF, JesiahTEG, and D'oH with a Marth that doesn't wavedash. And you guys haven't seen Broly. He's disabled and can't play with his hands, so he plays with his face.

So many close hype matches happened at IT that I didn't really see at EC. Jake13 vs Cloud, Broly vs anyone, D'oH vs JF (not many people watched it and it didn't get recorded, but it was hella close), me vs Darkrian, it was crazy.

If Austin showed up then it would have been ever better. Shame on you guys for not coming! Can't wait for the videos to get up.

Top Bottom