• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So what are the plans for this upcoming Fall semester for Smash? Sorry I've been kinda out of the loop, and I got tired reading after page 130. I might have some suggestions pending on what you guys are thinking of.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
So what are the plans for this upcoming Fall semester for Smash? Sorry I've been kinda out of the loop, and I got tired reading after page 130. I might have some suggestions pending on what you guys are thinking of.
I don't think we have anything specific yet. Probably just more of the same. Any suggestions are welcome, of course.

Did you delete the UT Smash Club account Kal made? That probably had texas.smash.club@gmail.com associated with it.
That might be it. I'm not sure what he named it, so I can't log in and delete it.

Kal

Smash Champion
The account should already be associated with the account "UT Smash Club" which I made.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You guys are confused. I'll fix it.

Ok I fixed it. One of you has the password, I don't know what it is currently though I could change it I'm lazy and already crashed smashboards once changing all the stuff to make the account work lmao.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok, I think I've caught up. Whoever the old account belongs to has the password. Did the email thing get fixed?

MT_

Smash Ace
Hylian didn't make that account for you guys! Technically I made it. Now pay homage to the creator of the UT Smash Club smashboards account.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
also pay homage to me when that logo becomes the avatar.
Clay's brother may be fixing it up, but it was my original idea to put two horns on a smash ball.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
You guys have issues.
no, we just never get recognition, or at least I don't.

Clay, w/o you prolly none of this would even exist, there's your homage.
Matt, you've improved a lot in Melee, good job.
Kal, thanks for the tips in the Falcon/Marth match-up. And great job in running all the events last year.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
If you are constantly looking for people to explicitly commend you for your ideas or actions, you have insecurity issues.

Anyway, don't worry Rohan, everybody here appreciates you. Well, besides Kal... :p

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
If you are constantly looking for people to explicitly commend you for your ideas or actions, you have insecurity issues.

Anyway, don't worry Rohan, everybody here appreciates you. Well, besides Kal... :p
seems like Clay's personality has changed quite a bit :p

BRLNK88

Smash Ace

thnx, but I wouldn't "constantly" be looking for compliments if they happened...EVER, compared to the vast number of criticisms I receive on here, except from Michel, who doesn't post here anymore. There's nothing wrong with getting criticized as long as you get complimented as well. Christine herself, the one with a degree in social work, affirmed that.

And don't deny Clay that there are things you're insecure about.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Well, I really don't wanna beat a dead horse, but no one on here gets criticized as much as I do either.
And I'm not counting joke criticisms.

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, maybe if you didn't post some bull **** so often, you wouldn't get criticized for it.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I don't post "bull ****" nearly as often as you claim I do, and even when I do post something you don't agree with, you could just ignore it like nearly everyone else who doesn't agree with it does, rather than going out of your way to make me feel like **** for saying it.

In fact, the only misfactual thing I've said in recent history was saying that Brawl wasn't deep, which was just a misuse of words.
Anything I've said concerning Melee is moot cuz I play it now.

Actually, just forget I even brought it up, I don't wanna get into another stupid argument.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm not going to waste my time pointing out the times you've posted stupid bull ****. I don't go "out of my way" to make you feel bad, I just respond to what you say.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
That's exactly the point, if you don't agree with it, just don't respond to it, cuz you obviously won't have anything positive to say, hence the "making me feel like ****".

And I went ahead and searched for instances where we argued over something.
The topics were Brawl + (me wanting it at the club, which I gave up on anyways), Melee (me complaining about the need for tech skill, which I've gotten over) and Brawl (the depth argument).
All of that really doesn't matter now cuz you actually have commended some things I've said in recent history, which I discovered in my search. Which is why we should just forget I brought it up, that reason in addition to the risk of more brain cancer.

Nike.

Smash Hero
You guys are confused. I'll fix it.

Ok I fixed it. One of you has the password, I don't know what it is currently though I could change it I'm lazy and already crashed smashboards once changing all the stuff to make the account work lmao.
Wait, is that the reason I had Bad Gateway yesterday and the day before that? xD

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah Rohan, great job ending it early by making your point and tacking on a remark at the end stating that you don't want to argue. You know, if you don't want to argue, don't argue.

Matt: **** you. You don't like the arguments, great, but adding little obnoxious remarks doesn't help. Ever hear of the ignore feature? Nothing would make me happier than to discover that you no longer pay attention to what I have to say.

Andrew, why do you always have something to say when Rohan and I get into an argument? It's not like it's super-****ing-difficult to skip over our posts, and it's not as though we're taxing the world's limited resources by debating on smashboards.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
kal, i know its not difficult to skip over both of ya'll post. but like you, i respond to some posts.

at certain times, i "try" like others to end and go to a new topic. sorry if that didn't seem to work

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I don't wanna argue cuz we always just end up pissing each other off. There's plenty of better things in life to get pissed off over than a ****ing video game.

Yeah... now that that's over, what did yall think of the doubles set b/w Darkrain, Wobbles, Bluezaft and D'oh?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
perhaps it should be mentioned on the first post that it's not necessary to be a UT students to participate in the meetings/have fun with us. perhaps it's something we should discuss, or maybe just rephrase, that our purpose is to enliven the austin smash community, not just at UT even though this is where we will be holding our meetings/smashfests.
maybe that's too anal to point out?

leprechaun

Smash Ace
well i have been away from the smash scene for a while now, still got some skills and just moved back to Austin in mid june, well playing some smash friendlies sounds fun, if you guys change your meetings to an open house for all smashers i could attend on my free time:dizzy:

Kal

Smash Champion
The meetings are open to everybody. We'll update the first post soon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We're still far away from the first meeting, and since most of you guys are melee preferred, I wouldn't mind adding some suggestions for Brawl.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I've decided that Clay and I are fairly even on Yoshi's Story, and that my Fox is capable of taking his Marth surprisingly. I'm gettin the timing down on shine spikes.

Top Bottom