• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kal

Smash Champion
Thanks for the douche bag comment. Makes me feel really appreciated.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
just kidding, kal. I don't think it needs to be said that you're an amazing player.
e.g. you don't need to enter our round robin tournament to get first.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279843

We made the list guys. We can all die happy now.

Edit: Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that the only 3 people subscribed to our channel are Clay, HMW, and me?
Hooray! Your job for Smash Club '10-'11 is to upload more high level matches to our channel to make it more worthy of being on that list.

Actually 50 ppl are subscribed to our channel heh. I just subscribed to those 3 channels with our YT account.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah Matt, I'm still down for the money match. Do you want to fix character choices or do you want it to be open?

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Hooray! Your job for Smash Club '10-'11 is to upload more high level matches to our channel to make it more worthy of being on that list.

Actually 50 ppl are subscribed to our channel heh. I just subscribed to those 3 channels with our YT account.
Oh, haha, I thought it meant subscriptions to our channel. My bad.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I guess I'm kinda famous too since I have two "matches" on there, except not really cuz no one is gonna watch them, haha.

MT_

Smash Ace
Let's just make it open. Personally I hate both sides of the Marth vs Fox matchup so I don't want to lock it into that, so let's just make it open.

perfectengrish

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow longhorns
Longtime lurker first time poster here
I'm an incoming freshman taking classes for summer session 2 right now, so I'm in Austin
I recently got back into melee and am looking to play people and improve myself
I only have my gc controller with me but I will bring my wii and melee copy for the fall
I'm living in Prather right now btw
I look forward to playing you all!

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just got a job at Gamerz Videogame Exchange at Lakeline Mall. You guys should come in sometime and play me in a few rounds.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Ok, so after many failed attempts to post why I'm not returning for the next year (due to Smashboards stupidity), here it goes:

I'm taking some time to get some credits at junior/community college in Houston (if all goes according to plan). Also, I'm trying to save up some money, help my parents out a bit, stuff like that.

I'll try my best to attend a meeting though! I should probably give someone else ownership of this page. I would have to give it to Matt though, probably because he's really good with keeping up, posting intelligently, and reminding us of his chicken nugget fetish.

Anyways, I hope I'll see you guys again soon. I'm sure I'll be back at UT, but not for a while. Have fun with everything guys!

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Well Justin, we really appreciate your service to Smash Club. You did a great job making and updating the thread. And it was fun playing you. I'll be in Houston for the next year as well so maybe we can smash periodically! I just wish Alief were a little closer to Kingwood.

I guess this means one of you new officers needs to submit an Information Change Form to the SOC removing Justin as an authorized representative. And I second the idea of giving Matt control of the thread.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
We should have at least one smashfest set up since there's been a few people in Austin wanting to play. Usually free on a Friday or Saturday(as long as it's not on campus; no buses run Sat).

So who wants to go home...and who wants to go with MEH!?

Kal

Smash Champion
Please, please, please, for the love of God, don't give Matt ownership of this thread. Give it to Edgar.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
and we should speed run the whole megaman X series(X1 to X5. The rest aren't X) . LET"S DO IT, KAL.

Kal

Smash Champion
All right, I made an account named "UT Smash Club." We'll use that. If anyone is good at making posters and ****, we could have a custom avatar + signature made.

Before posting with it, I'm going to talk to Hylian (who has like super saiyan moderator privileges) about changing the first post in this thread. If it's not possible, I'll make a new thread. Or he could delete every post in this thread up to the first UT Smash Club account post. >_>

Noc

Smash Journeyman
All right, I made an account named "UT Smash Club." We'll use that. If anyone is good at making posters and ****, we could have a custom avatar + signature made.

Before posting with it, I'm going to talk to Hylian (who has like super saiyan moderator privileges) about changing the first post in this thread. If it's not possible, I'll make a new thread. Or he could delete every post in this thread up to the first UT Smash Club account post. >_>
That's a good idea. If several officers know the password, any one of them can get on and change the OP. That will make it easier to keep it updated. Plus, people could easily scroll through the thread and find official announcements/important info in posts by the UT Smash Club account. Hylian should be able to change ownership of this thread since that was recently done for the Houston Melee thread.

As far as the avatar for this account is concerned, you can use the basic logo I attached in an email to the club gmail account (file name: smashclublogo2.bmp) for now. Anybody savvy with photoshop and creative should enhance it though. Maybe my bro could do it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The only way to change ownership of the thread is to take a post that was made before the 1st post of this thread and move it into there. If you make a new account I won't be able to because it won't have any old enough posts.

Technically I could take an existing older account and change the name and password of it and make it the first post but uh..yeah you can see the problem with that.

Kal

Smash Champion
How long would it take you to delete all of the posts in this thread, save for one posted by the new account? >_>

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How long would it take you to delete all of the posts in this thread, save for one posted by the new account? >_>
...What is the difference in that and starting a new thread?

Edit: Also if any mods try to ban it as an alt account or something like that just say that I said it was ok and they'll leave it alone.

MT_

Smash Ace
I have another account called HKKid from when I played Brawl... you can probably steal the account for this club, and he has posts older than this thread.

Don't send me to the smashboards cops for having two accounts on this site please?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kal will know the password to the account. You guys can change whatever you want.

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
Kal's too slow.

P.S. thanks Hylian.

P.P.S. Who has the smash club's email listed as their email account? I'm trying to associate it with this account, but it says the email is already in use.

Top Bottom