• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unintended Consequences Mafia: The Saga Concludes

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Macman, I think you should vote Virg.

I've said why repeatedly, but apparently saying so is what it's going to take.

The fact that Virg hoped for a no lynch really put off self-interested vibes to me, and the points Sold2 addressed in conjunction with that make me more confident in this lynch than I was when my gut was starting to doubt it. It's still not a perfect lynch, but it's also still the one with the most discussion leading up to it.

Gheb: Whatever happens you owe us a lot of discussion before the Day ends, considering you made a lame point about Nic but didn't vote, then the moment Mac cast a vote on Nic you pounced. Put down the popcorn bucket and play the game.

Same goes for Macman, I'd like to see his reads going into night time, and I think Scamp's opinions should be laid on in full and specifically.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
wtf negative 18 minutes or something. Someone go back in time and do something real quick.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Final Vote Count
Virgilijus (4): Evil Eye, Nicholas1024, Roxy, Sold2
Nicholas1024 (2): Macman, Gheb_01
Scamp (1): Virgilijus

Not voting: Scamp

It takes 5 out of 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, April 24 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

"Hey guys why don't we-"

The lights turn off.

Day 4 ends. Night 4 begins.

Night actions are due Monday, April 26 at 11:59:59 PM ET. PS: for those of you who wanted your Twilight, here you go.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
As as become customary, when the lights turn on, the room's occupants notice a dead body.

Roxy (overeager doctor; town) died in the Night.

Night 4 ends. Day 5 begins.

Day 5 Vote Count
Not voting: Sold2, Gheb_01, Macman, Nicholas1024, Scamp, Virgilijus, Evil Eye

It takes 4 out of 7 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, May 6 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
What's up, buttholes?

Who wants to apologize for that travesty of a D4 first?

HURPDA DURP HEY I HAVE A GOOD IDEA LET'S NO LYNCH AND LET THE BAD GUYS DECIDE WHAT THE NEXT DAY LOOKS LIKE HEY SOUNDS GOOD MAN THAT'S A WIIIINNING STRATEGY RIGHT THERE

Fuming.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Now that I've gone from fuming to simmering, I want ideas on where to go with toDay. Especially from Macman, Scamp, and Gheb.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Honestly I don't see how Roxy's death changes anything from the end of the last day, except we have a lot more time to talk about it.

You mentioned that you were going to track Roxy over the night. Did you? And if not, who did you track and what were the results?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I hope our claimed watcher was smart enough to watch our doctor, right. Right EE?

More later.

:059:

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I think EE is the only person left with a roleclaim that gives him a night action (Gheb's census was one time, Scamp lost his kill and Macman was one shot while all the rest are townies). That said, I don't think EE really needs to wait for people to say things before revealing what he saw. As Scamp pointed out before me, EE said he was going to watch Roxy. If he didn't, I have no idea why since the Roxy+him night action combo would be pretty deadly.

So what'd you get, EE?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'll tell you what happened, indy. Here's what happened: You suck at WIFOM, and now you're dead.

I waffled on my watch target, inititally having said what I did to make it seem like Roxy was off-limits to the indy so I could watch someone else, but after town randomly decided to stop riding its bike and fall over yesterDay, Roxy seemed like the optimal watch. What to do, what to do.

First let me build some dramatic suspense.

I mentioned someone who jumped out at me as early as D1, whom I filed away to deal with later because they seemed too obvious to be a bad guy. And yet I still couldn't shake off the things I didn't like about them, and that's why I wanted them to claim at the front of the line.

That's right. Our bad guy is Scamp.

Last night I watched Roxy, and I saw Roxy and Scamp. Obviously Roxy did, in fact, protect me. And since Scamp is the only other person I saw... and Roxy ended up dead... yeah.

Curious, Scampers! What were you doing visiting our town doctor, causing him to end up all dead-like? I mean, surely it was, in fact, you. I know it wasn't me!

Wait, what were you doing visiting at all? Since you lost your power and all, the only reason you might have performed a visitation.

Scump said:
I'm a Vigilante. However, I'm kind of like a one-shot Vigilante because when I hit mafia I lose the power. First night I went after Rockin', second night I hit Xonar. There's some flavor in that the mafia may have gained some kind of abililty when I was successful in killing Xonar, but I don't know what it was.
Now, I can go through your posting history and find all those things that bothered me, and you can do the thing where you try the old oh so EE must be scum hey he never actually verified his claim blah blah blah. It'll be ugly and it's gonna end with you in a heap, son. But I'll be happy to step into the ring with you, if you want.

I'm voteblocked, so you all know what to do. Make 'im dead. Make 'im real dead.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
PS I'll snip Scamp's strongest possible counter-argument out of the equation before he offers it:

This could be a gambit to force some kind of shenanigans, but I think I've been too loud to reflect a player that needs to "blend in" through this game, and furthermore, I'm not in the Three, which is where the Indy is. And Scamp is.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
we should have 3 lynches left
if scamp is town lynch EE

if theyre both town then wtf, lynch me i guess since w/e

i think its weird that you waited to reveal your reports ee

vote:scamp

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't suck at WIFOM. How can I defend myself from an impossible situation?

Thing is, EE, I think I had this game if I had just done things in reverse. I don't know how I convinced myself that you wouldn't watch Roxy. I really didn't think you'd see me with your ability, though. Dunno why I decided to play it safe in retrospect. I'll explain more after the game is done, I dunno if it ends now. Still, imagine if both you and Roxy died. Wouldn't that have been epic?

Vote: Scamp

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EBWOP: I'm not on the Census*! Hah. Gotta love that 4:30am

Since I'm posting I might as well bite off another piece of Scamp's big ol' scummy butt.

Scump said:
Honestly I don't see how Roxy's death changes anything from the end of the last day, except we have a lot more time to talk about it.

You mentioned that you were going to track Roxy over the night. Did you? And if not, who did you track and what were the results?
Other than that whole having a mostly clear player and power role be dead, and all. And not being able to look back on players after the reveal of a flip -- like your alarm-jangling indecision.

Heh, I'm not a tracker. If you thought I was ... well, picture me doing a golf clap. Not that it would make sense to track our mostly-clear claimed doctor 'n' all.

Instead, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you know I'm a watcher and got sucked into a WIFOM black hole by my comment. Here you ask the towniest possible question -- Roxy's dead, and so you point out hey EE you said you were gonna watch Roxy didja didja?

Because, after all, that was the obvious thing to do. But because it was the obvious thing to do, you knew I wouldn't do it. But because I ultimately decided the indy knew I wouldn't do the obvious thing, I did the obvious thing, and so your supertownie post here, alas, doesn't quite make it!

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh, okay, or you can ninja me.

I waited to reveal because I wanted to get a feel for what people said. Let's not forget what game we're playing. The indy's role could have been Gordon Freeman with a Gravity Gun, who kills people by throwing players at other players, which was almost exactly what a role Scav made in Megamafia did :p

Cover all bases!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
cudda ended this game yrs ago if we qled when i said so

jussayin

lol at how i stayed alive this entire game

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
If you're not a tracker you might just be the best player ever. Or luckiest. I would know you were lying if I had just done what I should.

But yeah, don't forget what game you're playing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry everyone I've been useless all game :(
I need to stop joining too many games at once. I realize how disrespectful it becomes to the mod / other players.

Vote Scamp

:059:

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 5 Vote Count
Scamp (4): Macman, Scamp, Gheb_01, Nicholas1024

Not voting: Sold2, Virgilijus, Evil Eye

The deadline is Thursday, May 6 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

"It's him!" someone says. "I got proof! But, uh, I can't help you do anything about it. Just trust me!"

The remaining occupants of the room surround the accused. A spotlight shines on him as the rest of the room descends into red.

"Guys, wait," he says. "I can explain. You'll want to listen to this."

It is now Twilight.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 5 Final Vote Count
Scamp (4): Macman, Scamp, Gheb_01, Nicholas1024

Not voting: Sold2, Virgilijus, Evil Eye

"You must leave now," says the voice from above.

"Wait. ****. No. Already?"

The accused is eventually forced to leave the room against his will. Once out of the confines of the concrete walls, he is subject to some kind of cruel punishment. The remaining occupants await word as to what comes next.

The lights go out.

"Congratulations. He was the last one working against you." The lights come back on.

Scamp (paranoid serial killer; independent) has been lynched.

The game is over. Town wins!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Setup

Roxy
You are an overeager doctor. Each Night you can pick one living player to protect from one kill attempt during the Night. Unfortunately, you're a bit of a shrink, so while your protections work, your--shall we say--"patient" will have the unfortunate side-effect of being voteblocked the following Day. You may target yourself. You may not target the same player, including yourself, on consecutive Nights. You may choose to not use your power on any given Night, including consecutive Nights.

You are town-aligned and win when all threats to town are eliminated.
This role kind of typified "unintended consequences". It's probably most useful when you think about it as a voteblocking role first and a protecting role second, but if you do find yourself in a position where you need to make sure a given person survives, you can... as long as you accept the consequences. I am a pretty big fan of roles that require some degree of thought when it comes to using them (in terms of on who/whether/how), and this role (and the game more generally) fits that bill.

Macman
You are a miller poisoner. Congratulations? Once during the game at Night you can poison one other player. That player will die at the beginning of the second Day phase following (not the next Day phase, but the one after that). You may not target yourself and you are not required to use your power. In addition, you will appear as though you are not town-aligned to any actions that might determine your alignment.

I'm also a big fan of ambiguously aligned roles. Taking poisoner (often a mafia role) and making it a town-aligned miller does that pretty well, I think. Macman should have been more alert before you guys wasted a lynch on Paprika, though in the end I guess it didn't matter.

Evil Eye
You are a watcher with eyes in the back of his head. Each Night you can target another living player to watch. You'll observe that person (from a distance, naturally) and be able to see anyone who visits that person. The thing is, you'll also see anyone who visits you--you just won't be able to tell them apart. (Hey, getting eyes in the back of your head sounded like a good idea at the time....) You may not target yourself. You may elect to not use your power any given Night, in which case you will not see anyone at all (even anyone visiting you).

Pretty self-explanatory. Can be useful in terms of figuring out who your other visiting roles are, although obviously if you happen to watch a dead body and find multiple people standing over it, you don't know who was actually visiting whom.

Fatchu
You are a matchmaker. Each Night, you may target two different players to match together. For the following Day, those players will share one vote between them. You may choose not to target anyone, and you may choose to target yourself in addition to another player. If either or both of your targets die the same Night you use your power on them, your power will have no effect. You may use your action once before the game starts, to take effect on Day 1; if you wish to do so, please include your action in your confirmation PM.

I confess: I totally underestimated how awesome this role was, simply for the sheer hilarity of it all. The purpose behind this role though was to (a) force two players to interact (as if they were a hydra, except they can only communicate in public and they don't know the other's alignment), which is helpful in trying to figure out what connections they might have, and (b) potentially minimize the power of scum if you managed to target two of them. The flipside is this could pose problems for you if you tried to use it, say, going into lylo and got it wrong, but that goes back to power roles actually having to think about whether they should even use their power in the first place. Fun fact: Fatchu targeted Evil Eye and Rockin for D2, and had Rockin not been killed, they would have ended up both votelinked and voteblocked (since Roxy protectoblocked EE).

Rockin
You are a double time voter. Once during the game at Night, you can request that the following Day be put into double time, causing two lynches to take place instead of one. After that Day's first lynch candidate is finalized, there will be another vote for another lynch. The lynch target from the first vote will still be able to participate in the second vote; however, once the second vote is finalized, the lynch targets from both votes will be lynched simultaneously. The town will learn the identities of both players, but will not be told which identity corresponds to which player. I guess when you lynch two people at once, that's just an... unintended consequence. When your power goes into effect, it will be announced at the beginning of the Day that the Day is in double time and that two lynches will take place. You may use your action before the game starts (instead of during the game) to put Day 1 into double time. If you would like to do this, please include your action in your confirmation PM.

Again, pretty self-explanatory. Rockin used this power the Night he died but action resolution meant it took effect anyway. Not hard to get around the "don't know who's who" bit by simply having people claim before they die (especially if you know about that particular caveat in advance); it might have been more interesting to only reveal alignments.

Gheb_01
You are a census taker. Once during the game at Night, you can request a census of all of the players who were on a majority lynch decision from the preceding Day. To use your power, you must send in a Night action PM and specify whose lynch you wish to receive a census of. You will be told how many town-aligned, mafia-aligned, and independently aligned players were on that lynch at the end of the Day. You may not use this power if the preceding Day did not have a majority lynch decision (such as a deadline-imposed no lynch). (If there was a majority decision to "no lynch," however, you may still use your power and find out who was voting "no lynch".) You may abstain from using your power altogether.

Think it's pretty clear how this worked too. Miller shows up as mafia, godfather shows up as town. Little surprised this didn't occur to anyone (or at least no one posted it) until after Kevin flipped godfather. (This is the only investigative role in the game.) Credit to Xiivi for coming up with this mechanic.

Pierre the Scarecrow/Sold2
You are an ordinary civilian. You do not have any special abilities.

ChiboSempai
You are a plain old townie. You are powerless.

Nicholas1024
You are an ordinary citizen. You don't have any powers.

Bunglefever/Moronik
You are a regular townsperson. You have only your mind to guide you.

Gf2tw/Virgilijus
You are a vanilla townie. You have no special powers.

Vanilla roles. I RNG'd the exact claims between these five and the vanilla safeclaims. Thought it would lend more credence to mafia claims if they fit in with the naming scheme (by, well, not fitting in), but frankly anyone who knows my modding philosophy should have seen through it. (Not that it would help tell the actual vanillas from the fakeclaimers--that's what scumhunting is for.)

KevinM
You are a mafia godfather. You appear innocent to any actions that might determine your alignment.

Your mafia partners are: The Paprika Killer, a stalker; Ryker, a procrastinator; and Xonar, a bomber. Each Night, your faction can choose one living player outside your faction to target for a kill. As mafia godfather, you are responsible for deciding who will carry out this kill and who they target. If you die, this responsibility will be passed onto the stalker, followed by the procrastinator, followed by the bomber. Note that once during the game, your faction may send the bomber out to carry a Night kill via bombing. This is in lieu of (not in addition to) your regular Night kill. Your faction may choose to not kill anyone on any given Night.

You are mafia-aligned and win when everyone outside your faction has been eliminated or nothing can prevent this.

Fake claim:

You are a town vanilla. You do not have any actions.

The Paprika Killer
You are a mafia stalker. Each Night, you can target another living player and learn their role name (e.g., "mafia stalker"). You may not target yourself, and you may choose to abstain from using your action on any particular Night.

Your mafia partners are: KevinM, a godfather; Ryker, a procrastinator; and Xonar, a bomber. Each Night, your faction can choose one living player outside your faction to target for a kill. The godfather is responsible for deciding who will carry out this kill and who they target. If he dies, this responsibility will be passed onto the stalker, followed by the procrastinator, followed by the bomber. Note that once during the game, your faction may send the bomber out to carry a Night kill via bombing. This is in lieu of (not in addition to) your regular Night kill. Your faction may choose to not kill anyone on any given Night.

You are mafia-aligned and win when everyone outside your faction has been eliminated or nothing can prevent this.

Fake claim:

You are an exhausted cop. This whole mafia thing has got you working overtime, and it's making it a little more difficult than normal to do your job in a timely fashion. Each Night, you may target one other living player to discover their alignment. You will learn if they are "innocent" or "guilty"--the catch is you won't find out until the following Night. These things take time, you know? You may not target yourself, and you may choose to not use your action on any given Night.

Exhausted cop was an interesting fake claim given how often cop claims (especially when they're not CCed) lead to instaclears. Pleasantly surprised that didn't happen here. You guys are learning!

Ryker
You are a mafia procrastinator. You're profoundly lazy, and you also have the exceptional ability to make this laziness spread to others. Once during the game, during Twilight, you can postpone the just-finalized majority lynch so that it takes place immediately preceding the following Day; it will be announced that the lynch has been postponed to the beginning of the following Day, and that the lynch target will still be a valid target for Night actions. (Needless to say, if the just-finalized lynch doesn't reach a majority, or is actually a no lynch, you won't be able to use your power.) The would-be lynchee will be able to perform Night actions that Night, and others will be able to perform their Night actions on that player as well. You may target yourself. If you choose to use your power, you must send me your action specifying whose lynch you are postponing during Twilight; if you decide not to use your power, please let me know. You will have at least 24 hours to send me your decision once Twilight begins.

Your mafia partners are: KevinM, a godfather; The Paprika Killer, a stalker; and Xonar, a bomber. Each Night, your faction can choose one living player outside your faction to target for a kill. The godfather is responsible for deciding who will carry out this kill and who they target. If he dies, this responsibility will be passed onto the stalker, followed by the procrastinator, followed by the bomber. Note that once during the game, your faction may send the bomber out to carry a Night kill via bombing. This is in lieu of (not in addition to) your regular Night kill. Your faction may choose to not kill anyone on any given Night.

Fake claim:

You are a lazy governor. Once during the game, you have the ability to stop a lynch from happening--for a little while. Instead of a lynch happening right before Night begins, the lynch will take place immediately preceding the following Day. The lynch target will be able to perform Night actions as usual, and other players will also be able to perform Night actions on the lynch target as well. If you choose to use your power, you must send me your action during Twilight; if you decide not to use your power, please let me know. You will have at least 24 hours to send me your decision once Twilight begins.

Kind of a weird role. Could have the effect of wasting a whole Night's worth of actions, though, if you used it appropriately, whether you saved town or scum. It could also give mafia some safety overnight if they, e.g., saved one of their own and then had that same person perform the factional kill (to avoid getting watched in an awkward position). Also, this was the only Twilght role in the game, but I hate time meta so much that I made Twilight 24 hours every Day (starting from whenever the lynch was finalized), regardless of when I got Ryker's action or whether he was even still alive.

Xonar
You are a mafia bomber. Once during the game, you may elect to carry out your faction's nightkill via a bombing. If you choose to do this, you will die that Night. However, while your role/alignment as well as those of your deceased target will be revealed, the town will not learn which role/alignment belong to which player. (In other words, the town will learn which players died and what their roles were, but not which roles correspond to which players.) In the event your victim would survive the attack, you will not die, but the kill will still fail and you will not be able to carry out a bombing in the future.

Your mafia partners are: KevinM, a godfather; The Paprika Killer, a stalker; and Ryker, a procrastinator. Each Night, your faction can choose one living player outside your faction to target for a kill. The godfather is responsible for deciding who will carry out this kill and who they target. If he dies, this responsibility will be passed onto the stalker, followed by the procrastinator, followed by the bomber. Note that once during the game, your faction may send the bomber out to carry a Night kill via bombing. This is in lieu of (not in addition to) your regular Night kill. Your faction may choose to not kill anyone on any given Night.

Fake claim:

You are a civilian. You have no Night actions.

This role seems pretty useless at first blush, but like most of the roles I create for my games there's a very deliberate thought process a player needs to go through before they decide whether or not to use it. The big advantage you have with this role is not that you trade one mafiat for a townie, but that you rob town of a decisive flip on either player. The potential play here is you send your townie-looking bomber to target a scummy-looking player; if you pull it off, town assumes that the scummier of the two players was scum and retroactively clears the bomber. What mafia chooses to do with those misleading connections is up to them; it's like inserting a de facto death miller into the game but without the blatant *******moddery. It's an incredibly risky and unconventional play, but like any play that seriously challenges the meta, it can lead to handsome rewards.

With all that said, I am majorly disappointed in how mafia played this game. I was hopeful at first that they'd do well, especially since they played aggressively early on and didn't seem to fear the bus. But with the exception of Ryker, I received not a single action (including kills) from any member of the mafia during the entire game (including "no action," like I requested people send if they knew they weren't going to do anything). Scroll down--it's embarrassing how many times "no action received" is next to a mafia action. This showed me a serious lack of respect for the game, and I was continually befuddled at how the same players who seemed to be (mostly) investing time trying to play effectively during the Day phases deliberately and repeatedly threw away all of their Night actions. Ryker having computer issues was really just unfortunate, but it compounded the problem since he was the only one who, from my perspective, was paying any attention.

Scamp
You are a paranoid serial killer. (Huh. Maybe you should have been in my last game.) Like a, um... you know, serial killer, each Night you may target one other living player to kill. However, you really can't risk getting caught, so once during the game you may choose to also kill any other player you happen to catch visiting your target on the same Night. Don't want anyone to jump to the wrong conclusions or anything, you know? You may not target yourself. You may choose to not use your kill on any given Night.

You are independently aligned and win when all other players are dead, or you are one of the final two standing (in which case you will kill the other player and win in endgame).

Fake claim:

You are a paranoid vigilante. (Huh. Maybe you should have been in my last game.) Like a, um... you know, vigilante, each Night you may target one other living player to kill. However, you really can't risk getting caught, so you'll also kill any other player you happen to catch visiting your target on the same Night. Don't want anyone to jump to the wrong conclusions or anything, you know? You may not target yourself. You may choose to not use your kill on any given Night.

I felt sorry for Scamp when I saw he got this role because he rarely (at least in my experience) comes across as uber-town, and it would be hard to win as SK if you can't make it through 3-man lylo. (Didn't help that mafia did nothing to narrow down the population either.) One thing he definitely could have done differently was to think more about his kills--using a paranoid kill earlier in the game should have made intuitive sense, since there was more likely to be more than one kill anyway, and with more visiting roles alive the chances of hitting more than one person were correspondingly higher. (He could have killed both Rockin and Fatchu N1 if he made that kill paranoid.) And once Gheb's census made it obvious that there was an independent in Scamp's group, he would have been better off killing people not in that group (like not Moronik, for instance) so as to not narrow things down for town. Lastly, you shouldn't have claimed vig at all--pretty much guaranteed you weren't going to make it through the last 3 mislynches you needed to win.

I had actually originally included the paranoid vig in the safe claim as a town role, in addition to the poisoner (yeah I did seriously consider having two vigs in the game, and I think it would have been balanced anyway--the more you know...); one of Xiivi's suggestions for me was to change it to an SK (and adjust the paranoid kill mechanics slightly). I decided adding an SK with the paranoid kill as a buff would be cool, but I still also think that making a vig paranoid would have helped deter potential shoot-happy vigs from using their power blindly. (Note that the paranoid kill wouldn't/didn't hit the watcher--he was deliberately exempt from it, in an ironic twist. But it turned out EE was saved by the doc protection here anyway.) There could have been some serious repercussions if such a role were misused--and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Actions
Night 0
Fatchu matches Xonar and Gheb - success
Rockin doesn't use power

Day 1
Ryker doesn't postpone Chibo's lynch

Night 1
Roxy protects/blocks Evil Eye - success; EE is vote blocked D2
Fatchu matches Evil Eye and Rockin - fails; Rockin dies
Macman poisons The Paprika Killer - success; TPK will die during N2
Rockin puts Day into double time - success
Scamp kills Rockin - success
mafia kills no one - no action received
Xonar bombs no one - no action received
Gheb_01 abstains
The Paprika Killer stalks no one - no action received
Evil Eye watches Moronik - sees: Roxy, Fatchu

Night 2
Roxy protects/blocks Virg - success; Virg is vote blocked D3
Scamp kills Xonar - success; Xonar dies
mafia kills no one - no action received
Xonar bombs no one - no action received
Gheb_01 censuses The Paprika Killer - 6 town, 1 mafia, 1 independent
Evil Eye watches Moronik - see: no one

Night 3
Roxy protects/blocks Scamp - success; Scamp is vote blocked D4
Scamp kills Moronik - success; Moronik dies
Evil Eye watches Gheb_01 - see: no one

Night 4
Roxy protects/blocks Evil Eye - success; Evil Eye is vote blocked D5
Scamp paranoid kills Evil Eye - Evil Eye is protected; Roxy dies from paranoid kill
Evil Eye watches Roxy - see: Scamp, Roxy

Final Comments
Activity usually irks me, but it mostly didn't this game (except for people not submitting Night actions)--this thread is long, man. What did irk me was rule breaking. Especially fundamental rules, like "don't talk about this game in public outside the game" or "don't post in the thread once you've died". Breaking these rules is just seriously unfair to the other people playing and I find it disrespectful--the rules are clearly spelled out in the first post, and before the game starts you're explicitly asked to acknowledge that you've read and understand the game rules. So there's really no excuse.

In any event, that's all. Thanks to Xiivi for reviewing the game and adding suggestions--if there's anything about the game you really liked, that was in my original version, and he added anything you disliked. Sorry. Thanks to those who signed up and actually, um, played. Hope you enjoyed it.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Twas a fun game, Kiki. I did enjoy it though you didn't post my night actions at all. Lame.

You guys almost lynched me! Like I said at the beginning of the game, I don't like really big posts. I've seen EE pull out the RBP before in trying to get some one lynched, but I just feel that in the hour and a half you spend typing it up, in your mind you get more and more into the mindset this person is guilty and see things that aren't really there/post things that aren't really there. Just my take on it.

Mafia sent in no Night Actions? Kevmo... what the **** were you doing? I feel bad for the other mafia :(

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yay, my first town win. :)

Seriously though, mafia pretty much handed us the victory by not killing anyone.

Ah well. Nice setup Kiki.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dude, I asked Kevin repeatedly to talk about the lynch, usually resulting in nothing and me asking him to just choose someone. I actually called him out on wacko nightkill targets to which he didn't respond (turns out it was Scamp), which really irked me. Guess this explains though.

That said, I did feel rather lonely as mafia this game :( Scamp, why did you kill me? D:

Top Bottom