• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unintended Consequences Mafia: The Saga Concludes

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to Unintended Consequences Mafia!

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." But not necessarily the one you were expecting.

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Mostly Standard Rules:

Fundamentals
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod. They're amusing.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
  10. You must post in English.

Voting and Lynching
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Tom. You must unvote before voting another player.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. (I wrote a script to check. Seriously.) An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  3. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific
  • All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
  • All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  • In the event of a modkill, the Day will typically end if the player being killed is town-aligned and continue otherwise. Deadline extensions and exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.

Alive
2. Sold2 replaces Pierre the Scarecrow (ordinary civilian; town)
3. Gheb_01 (census taker; town)
5. Macman (miller poisoner; town)
7. Nicholas1024 (ordinary citizen; town)
14. Virgilijus replaces Gf2tw (vanilla townie; town)
15. Evil Eye (watcher with eyes in the back of his head; town)

Dead
8. ChiboSempai (plain old townie; town), lynched Day 1
16. Rockin (double time voter; town), killed Night 1
9. Ryker (procrastinator; mafia), modkilled Day 2
11. The Paprika Killer (matchmaker; town or stalker; mafia), lynched Day 2
13. Fatchu (matchmaker; town or stalker; mafia), lynched Day 2
4. Xonar (bomber; mafia), killed Night 2
6. KevinM (godfather; mafia), lynched Day 3
1. Moronik (Marshy/Ronike hydra) replaces Bunglefever (regular townsperson; town), killed Night 3
12. Roxy (overeager doctor; town), killed Night 4
10. Scamp (paranoid serial killer; independent), lynched Day 5

Replacements

If you would like to be a replacement, PM me. Don't post in the thread if you're not playing.

Role PMs are on their way. After you receive your role PM, please PM me within 48 hours to confirm that you received your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. I will start Day 1 once I receive everyone's confirmation via PM; after 48 hours, I will look into replacing players who did not confirm.

Do not post in the thread until I start Day 1.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Sixteen people sit in a circle. The room is just made of metal and concrete; with no windows, the bright ceiling lights provide the only means of sight. On one wall is a solid metal door. It is locked.

"When's this starting?" someone asks.

"Seriously. What kind of experiment is this? We were supposed to start hours ago," another chimes in.

"Yeah, it's been forever. I want to leave."

Suddenly, the lights go out, plunging the room into complete darkness. After a moment, a dim light comes on and colors the room red.

"You may not leave," comes a menacing voice from above.

"What? What happened to the lights?"

"You may not leave. Until you may leave."

"Huh? What is that, tauntology?"

"You may--what? No, no, you mean 'tautology'. The word is tautology."

"But you're taunting us."

"You may not leave until you determine who is working against you."

"What does that mean? How can anyone be working against us? We're not doing anything. What are they doing?"

"They are working against you."

"You're taunting us again."

Silence.

"You have one day."

With a clang, the bright lights come back on.

Day 1 begins.

Day 1 Vote Count
No votes.

Not voting: Bunglefever, Pierre the Scarecrow, Gheb_01/Xonar, Macman, KevinM, Nicholas1024, ChiboSempai, Ryker, Scamp, The Paprika Killer, Roxy, Fatchu, Gf2tw, Evil Eye, Rockin

It takes 8 out of 15 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, March 14 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sixteen people sit in a circle. The room is just made of metal and concrete; with no windows, the bright ceiling lights provide the only means of sight. On one wall is a solid metal door. It is locked.

"When's this starting?" someone asks.

"Seriously. What kind of experiment is this? We were supposed to start hours ago," another chimes in.

"Yeah, it's been forever. I want to leave."

Suddenly, the lights go out, plunging the room into complete darkness. After a moment, a dim light comes on and colors the room red.

"You may not leave," comes a menacing voice from above.

"What? What happened to the lights?"

"You may not leave. Until you may leave."

"Huh? What is that, tauntology?"

"You may--what? No, no, you mean 'tautology'. The word is tautology."

"But you're taunting us."

"You may not leave until you determine who is working against you."

"What does that mean? How can anyone be working against us? We're not doing anything. What are they doing?"

"They are working against you."

"You're taunting us again."

Silence.

"You have one day."

With a clang, the bright lights come back on.

Day 1 begins.

Day 1 Vote Count
No votes.

Not voting: Bunglefever, Pierre the Scarecrow, Gheb_01/Xonar, Macman, KevinM, Nicholas1024, ChiboSempai, Ryker, Scamp, The Paprika Killer, Roxy, Fatchu, Gf2tw, Evil Eye, Rockin

I need a darn good elaboration for this.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah we need more than just one day. Unless there is only one mafia. Then we'll just need one day.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My spidey sense tells me that The Paprika Killer is working against us...

Vote: The Paprika Killer

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You know, I've already made as many posts as I got to make in Kirby King's last game...

Vote: KirbyKing

Mod-lynching is always fun. And Handorin isn't in this game. ;)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Evil Eye (1): Bunglefever
The Paprika Killer (1): ChiboSempai

Not voting: Pierre the Scarecrow, Gheb_01/Xonar, Macman, KevinM, Nicholas1024, Ryker, Scamp, The Paprika Killer, Roxy, Fatchu, Gf2tw, Evil Eye, Rockin

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Our objective is finding the ones who are working against us?

Well, obviously the mod is working against me right now :mad:

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Evil Eye (1): Bunglefever
The Paprika Killer (1): ChiboSempai
Xonar (1): Ryker
Gheb_01 (1): Gheb_01/Xonar

Not voting: Pierre the Scarecrow, Macman, KevinM, Nicholas1024, Scamp, The Paprika Killer, Roxy, Fatchu, Gf2tw, Evil Eye, Rockin

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It clearly says out of 15 votes that majority is 8. Counting you and Gheb separately would be 16 players.

@ KirbyKing - Was this a mistake?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait, what?

As far as I can tell, you're both lynchable, but together only have a vote. No idea what happens if we lynch one or what night actions would do.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's clear for me then, me and gheb share a vote, nothing else.

Kirby King, can we still have another name on the votecount if we vote then? : (

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
EBWOP: I was gonna vote Ronike, but then I realized he wasn't playing and it was Rockin I saw on the list. I feel lost without Ronike to vote on D1.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Wow, that is a long deadline.

Xonar + Gheb is interesting to say the least.

@ Nicholas, why do you want to lynch the mod? Last time I saw that, the person giving the hammer was modkilled. Don't feel like that again.

Cba voting now.

-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, I have to share votes with Xonar but am neither allowed to communicate outside of the thread with him nor do I even know his allignment? This is gonna be a whole bunch of work for him then. Seems like Kiki doesn't care about the fact that no one agrees with EVER. lmao.

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Gheb we gotta communicate mayne.

We better not get our vote rolling, and just work with FoS a lot then, right? Let's discuss our vote before we throw it in. I have enough patience to keep unvoting you if I don't agree with your vote. Want to make some guidelines?

my team europe dream from monster island is finally fulfilled!

Unvote for now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I actually voted EE for the sake of nice wagon. No need to unvote. :(
Why should I fos him if he didn't even post yet? A random wagon this early is perfectly fine so I'm voting him again. Obviously we'll talk about whom to vote and why but right now I see no need to quickly unvote.

Vote EE

:059:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I want to keep Gheb and Xonar around for a while completely on the fact that this is gonna be hilarious lol

D

Deleted member

agreed with chibo. on the comment that is, not the vote :mad:

Wow, that is a long deadline.

Xonar + Gheb is interesting to say the least.

@ Nicholas, why do you want to lynch the mod? Last time I saw that, the person giving the hammer was modkilled. Don't feel like that again.

Cba voting now.

-
lol, that was mindgamed mafia. you guys were just asking for that.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
GF2Tw - That's good (long deadline, I mean). We can use it to our advantage if done right. Also, there'd be no johns on us 'not having enough time'

Ryker- why you hatin? D:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
GF2Tw - That's good (long deadline, I mean). We can use it to our advantage if done right. Also, there'd be no johns on us 'not having enough time'

Ryker- why you hatin? D:
Cuz I don't have Ronike to park a vote on. You're the closest I'm gonna get.

Also, the day I let Kevin run the game without is the day I keel over and die.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Just vote Rockin. Quick bandwagon. We lynch him or we have something to talk about. Judging by that sign-up topic its a win-win.

Top Bottom