• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Underground Nation*-A techno/Music discussion thread

asob4

Smash Champion
wtf is electro pop?
I'd rip you a new one but that track is fly.
also, lol at "good artists" and "shiney toy guns"
You guys really need to stop fronting and learn what techno is cause I think I'm STILL the only one to post any -.-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0oyib_Z0VQ

Or the op should change "techno" to "cheese" in the title :laugh:
honestly i could care less about shiny toy guns, i just know other people would consider them good
i'm more interested in the dubstep and hardstyle
druley was added to the dubstep lineup too :D

Spife

Smash Master
Shameless self promotion

Any advice/critique would be nice.

Track list:

Fly Away (Audiowhores Mix) - Joey Negro and The Sunburst Band
Make A Move On Me (club mix) - Joey Negro
I Think I Like It (original mix) - Fake Blood
Why Don't You (original mix) - Gramophonedzie
She's Got Me - Desperate House Guys
Can't Get High WIthout You - Joey Negro
Ya Did (Gramophonedzie Remix) - Combined
If You Want Me (Original mix) - The Groovelab
Just Me And You (Joey Negro Club Mix) - New Vision

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Just discovered this thread. Sick.

First and foremost, any smasher's going to Shambhala this year? As it is essentially the best electronic music festival around?

First, it's not just the genre's i love. It's the culture and the people that are involved in the music. They are the most passionate compassionate people i have ever met.

Personally i have a HUGE soft spot for some good Dubstep.
Benga is absolutly out of this world. Defiently recomend hitting that up if you havn't before.

Probably the best show i have every been to tho has to be GlitchMob. It was sick.

Anyways, if anybody is going to Sham, hit me up with a PM. Maybe we could meet up or something

Spife

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHGaHI61VoM

EASILY one of my favorite cheese songs ever! For anyone that enjoys more than just a nice beat, this is a great song!

GAH, so happy I found this thread!!! Cheese FTW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3zQW_G4SvE
^--Ahahaha, What genre is this?
That first one wasn't techno that was cheese, so I fixed your post for you. Please refrain from nonsense.
Juan Atkins - Flash Flood

yeah I'm pretty sure I'm still the only person to post any techno and I don't even listen to it :laugh:

Kole

Smash Lord
People just need to learn that not all EDM is techno. It's a silly mistake; albeit a very a common one. >.>
This.

Also, I listen to mainly trance and a lot of electro, dubstep, drum & bass, and house as well. Just ask if anyone needs some recommendations. :)

asob4

Smash Champion
anyone else go to EDC?
it was so amazing :D whoever didn't go missed out
the line up was more broken than metaknight

oh and laidback luke dropped dubstep at the coliseum mainstage and blew my mind

Spife

Smash Master
Basically I enjoy any type of techno that's instrumental techno. Like Transa - Supernova or something.
Not this crap:

These kind of people ruin good techno because they put lyrics into the song.

Also if you listen to dubstep, you're a ******.

I shouldn't have to say anything at this point.

I have to be really drunk to like dubstep. I'm a deep house baby though so what evarrr.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I think a title change to attract fans of all types of EDM (house, electro house, dubstep, trance, hardstyle, etc) would be most beneficial..

also <3 skream

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'll contact luigitoilet later. For now, I just wanna know what all of you guys think of dubstep.

I mostly respect their music because afterwards, they get remixes. And those remixes are flat-out amazing. So alright, most of the dubstep songs are meh, but there are ones that are simply awesome. No Doubt about it. I mean, the video I posted today is one of those good dubstep musics. Listening to it and being called a ****** is just not true.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
The term dubstep covers a pretty large range of sounds, Skrillex to Mt. Eden are both considered dub.

That being said I do like most of it.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Scary Monsters: That particular song does not remind me of it, so yeah that song is fine. :p

If I offended you with my description, please don't be. We all have our own musical tastes - those were just mine. If you like a lot of dubstep, I'm perfectly cool with that. I just think I like a limited range of the genre.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Don't get wrong, I listen to good music. People often make dubstep music that sounds boring. Same with other genres.

I'm more into dubstep, electric, and tevhno that has great vibes and bass. But honestly, If I listen to a certain type of music and I find it really hype and amazing, it goes right onto my favs.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
What song did you hear from him? Unison? Spitfire? The state? 100% in the *****?
I first heard if him when I came across the unison knife party remix. Then I went on to say my name, the state skism remix, I'm on fire, and vandalism.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wow, you just listened to top tier songs. Unison knife party remix was that best in the album, not to mention the most popular, as the song was heard from a red tails movie commercial. I heard and loved the song before it became amazingly praised.

Top Bottom