• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#UltimateDLCSoMale: The Female DLC Character Discussion

Should we have at least one female newcomer in the DLC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I mean, you can't really say what the demand even is. A bunch of people on a forum which has seen better days is far from conclusive. Though, if given the choice between characters like Red and Leaf, a lot of pros go with the female option, but I kind of doubt they do that for diversity so much as for...ya know.

I say gender of the characters should be one of the last things considered if at all. Let's look at SF. If they had chosen Chun-li over Ryu simply for being female, it would have resulted in worse representation of the series. Same thing with Tifa over Cloud. Let's take gender out entirely. Say they picked the FF XV protagonist over Cloud because he was the newest, it would have resulted in worse representation of the series since Cloud is the mascot. Generally speaking, I think the series protagonist and/or mascot should get top billing if there's only going to be one. That leaves significantly fewer choices for third party females (let's be honest, Bayonetta is not an icon either coming from a series that might still be dead if Nintendo didn't fund the sequel).
Bayonetta is an icon shaped for my hearth.

Obiously no one is saying that characters should be chosen by their gender alone... but sometimes some great and popular characters just get overshadowed.. Obviously Cloud is a better fit for smash than Tifa, considering that the series is more centered about gaming icons... and Cloud is teh face of final fantasy seven, but for example Tifa is a waaaay better pick than cloud for say... Tekken. if they put a character in tekken for promoting FFVII If tehy put Cloud.. it would feel a little sad.

That being

. Morrigan would probably be on par with Corrin in terms of salt. I swear if Morrigan does get into Smash, everyone will be out for my blood.:(
Nah, i would be super happy if morrigan is in.. and she is like the queen of capcom crossovers and is still a videogame character that is still relevant, even if she comes from a series that have been dead for decades ._. (Where is my Darkstalkers 4 capcom?!?!?)

Leon being chosen over Jill (or Chris) isn't as clear-cut as Cloud, however. And protagonists in Resident Evil stick around longer and rotate, unlike Persona. Due to the amount of games/crossover cameos/appearances on Nintendo consoles, Jill seems like the logical conclusion. If both were in the game and one was an Echo, it'd be Leon since she chronologically appeared before him. Aside from that, according to Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, a remake of RE3 may be underway, so Jill could be a promotional pick as well.
I'm not a fan of resident evil... period.. i still want to give a try to the 0, one and maybe 2 remake, and the new scary one... but yeahhh... That being said, jill have the "At least Is not another male buff american hero" going for her but i frankl have a slight dislike for leon... I did try to play resident evil 4 and while I won't deny that gameplay wise, and control wise the game is amazing and genre defining... I didn't managed to like teh story :/ to the point of i got bored post castle.

Still, i'm not super fan of a RE character.. but I really think that a dual hero like Simon and richter would help me sell that slot.

I'm all for a new female character but I really hope it's not Edelgard because I find myself incapable of liking her in the least bit (that's just my Golden Deer bias). I'd rather just have M/F Byleth.

Other than that, Lyn, Urbosa, Elma, Viridi, Adeline, Dixie Kong, Team Rocket (maybe?), Susie, Impa, Midna, Shantae, Tracer, 2B, Jill valentine, Krystal, Chun Li, a LoL rep, Toadette, and 2B all come to mind when I think of best candidates for a female rep.

Also comparing the Grammys to Smash is missing the point since everyone now knows the Grammys/Oscars/whatever are just popularity contests where hollywood and other big medias just hand awards to themselves. Anyone here who has been in high school and witnessed class president elections knows exactly what I mean.
I don't understand why people are against adelgard because she did some questionable things... we have been asking for Ridley and Krool in smash for decades now... And yeah, i wouldn't trust that guys with my back.
Still Edelgard is a pretty Grey character, and thats what i like the most about her. but i liked 3 houses so much that I wouldn't mind claude <3 or dimitry.
Byleth just was a little... uhm.. non character.. and I don't like his Vanilla design that is likely teh one getting used. (now give me Enlightened one design and I'm all in)

As someone who's played GD, BL, and BE -- it's not necessarily a bias, Edelgard is still a bit unlikable b/c of how extreme she is. I'd prefer M/F Byleth, Dimitri, or even Lorenz Hellman Gloucester Claude.

Though to keep the female reps, I'd really love a Pokemon Trainer Style combination of all 3 lords with Byleth acting as the trainer.
The 3 lords would be amazing... but inviable as hell DX.

I think that there should be a dstinction though between male, female and gender neutral... even though is not always the case, since everyone was predicting that Erdrick was going to be male/female, still a Gender neutral would be either both male and female versions (like corrin, robin, wii fit trainer, villager) or actually Gender Neutral (ROB) Im pretty sure that if they add steve, they will likely add Alex too. Chosen undead from darksouls for xample is another one that would be gender neutral, and Frisk from Undertale is actually Gender neutral in itself.

Technically most pokemons would count as gender neutral too... unless you can really determine it is not... but even if we can say which pikachu is male and which female, for al purposes it should be gender neutral. Which for characters like incineroar which have a male looking figure presents an interesting case... since there is no real indication that incineroar is a male besides our culturals notions than it looks masculine. ... anyways.

anyways, right now my top 5 characters i want are Morrigan, Alucard, Edelgard, Chosen Undead and Frisk... and i don't want this characters because they are female or gender neutral, even though i would be hyped with something as doom guy still.

BTHK_Nydus

Smash Rookie
Scrolling through this and seeing someone saying that Ryu Hayabusa was likely to get in made my day. That would be sick, and actually makes sense. So many great memories of suffering insane Ninja Gaiden difficulty, and DOA romps.

But if the Solitary Super Ninja didn't, then the #1 Female DLC character I would like to see would be the one and only Kasumi, the Kunoichi of Destiny.

Then again, I would really take any DOA character, except maybe Bass or Bayman... because I hate getting manhandled by them. Then again, maybe some crazy grappler would be an interesting Smash addition... haha

Scrolling through this and seeing someone saying that Ryu Hayabusa was likely to get in made my day. That would be sick, and actually makes sense. So many great memories of suffering insane Ninja Gaiden difficulty, and DOA romps.
There's a leaker that seems pretty convinced that Ryu Hayabusa will be one of the DLC characters.

I'd recommend dropping by the support thread if you want more info.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Given how similarly the first three RE games play (as someone who's never played the series), Leon and Jill could easily be alts or echoes. If Hero was anything to go by, Sakurai's got no issue making alts when he can.
I see. If Season 2 is anything to go by then we would probably get Lara in as the Square rep or I'd toss my two cents for Sora.

If only Square wasn't so stingy with music and everything else...

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I say gender of the characters should be one of the last things considered if at all. Let's look at SF. If they had chosen Chun-li over Ryu simply for being female, it would have resulted in worse representation of the series.
Sure, sure, Ryu should be the 1st Street Fighter rep. But why Ken as the 2nd one? Echos? Plenty of others of those to add.
Same thing with Tifa over Cloud. Let's take gender out entirely. Say they picked the FF XV protagonist over Cloud because he was the newest, it would have resulted in worse representation of the series since Cloud is the mascot.
Terra Branford is a great choice to add for a 2nd FF rep. FF6 is one of the most famous RPGs of all time and an icon of the Super Nintendo, far more associated with Nintendo over Cloud was.
Is Chun-li popular? Most definitely. Is she a better SF representative than Ken or Ryu? Definitely not.
Like I said before, she is most certainly better than Ken. Smash Bros is literally the ONLY crossover fighting game to include Ryu but not her, let alone Ken. She's the only character to have appeared in every Marvel vs Capcom game alongside Ryu, she is literally the Luigi of Street Fighter when it comes to crossovers in that she's ALWAYS the 2nd Rep. Ken barely ever appears at all, unless it's something of a gimmick like Project X Zone where they rely on pairs or Street Fighter x Tekken where it's all of Street Fighter doing an individual crossover instead of an all star one. Literally the only thing Ken has is seniority, which doesn't matter since no one cares about Street Fighter I and it's been previously said that Joker and Cloud were picked despite not being from the first game in the series due to their iconicness. This even applies to a character like Ness relative to the rest of the Earthbound series.

Even Street Fighter x Mega Man didn't include Ken.

Last edited:

BTHK_Nydus

Smash Rookie
But why Ken as the 2nd one? Echos?
I think you answered your own question. I mean, I obviously don't know for sure, but I always felt like Ken was a freebie and it wasn't "Ken or Chun-Li" but rather "Ken or nothing" I don't even like the inclusion of Ken; I like Ryu and Ken makes him look bad haha

Terra Branford is a great choice to add for a 2nd FF rep.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think anyone is screaming for a 2nd FF rep. But also I'd never heard of her and just Googled her; I'm pretty sure I've never seen her before...

Then again, I think I'm totally set on getting Ryu Hayabusa (or some other Team Ninja character) so everything else just sounds not good enough :D haha But I guess I would take Lloyd Irving. That's another example like Street Figher; I'd rather have Kratos or Sheena, but Lloyd is the obvious Tales rep and despite hating him, I would love him in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Best case scenario, we get Hayabusa/Doomguy as Season 2.

Imo, Doomguy will probably set the tone of Season 2 just as hype as Joker was. It would make perfect sense. As for Hayabusa, also good for setting up the next season.

Fighters Pass 1 with all male characters doesn't sound well...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Best case scenario, we get Hayabusa/Doomguy as Season 2.

Imo, Doomguy will probably set the tone of Season 2 just as hype as Joker was. It would make perfect sense. As for Hayabusa, also good for setting up the next season.

Fighters Pass 1 with all male characters doesn't sound well...
Banjo is a duo character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmao I know, but the community mostly refers to him as Banjo, and the player mostly controls Banjo. Depends on who you ask technically.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I don’t really like Lara Croft as a character and I think Leon Kennedy is more worthy of being a representative of resident evil than Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield. There are some female fighters I want but I hardly consider their sex as a necessary factor for being a potential fighter.
It’s not about their sex. It’s the fact that they’re gaming icons who are worthy of inclusion, and they just also happen to be women. My point was that there are female characters up their with Joker and Hero and Banjo and Terry.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It’s not about their sex. It’s the fact that they’re gaming icons who are worthy of inclusion, and they just also happen to be women. My point was that there are female characters up their with Joker and Hero and Banjo and Terry.
Yeah, but Nintendo already has the most iconic female characters in their roster since N64. What really matters is history, Nintendo connections, popularity (cause money), and Sakurai. Terry is possibly the most necessary character in smash ultimate due to his connections to the smash franchise.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Yeah, but Nintendo already has the most iconic female characters in their roster since N64. What really matters is history, Nintendo connections, popularity (cause money), and Sakurai. Terry is possibly the most necessary character in smash ultimate due to his connections to the smash franchise.
Are you saying that Lara Croft and Jill Valentine don’t have history? Or that Joker got into Smash because of how many Nintendo games he’s in?

D

Deleted member

Either you're just apathetic about females in history or you're just quite uneducated about gaming history in general. Just like what the above said, there are many possible iconic females, and not everyone had been included.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Either you're just apathetic about females in history or you're just quite uneducated about gaming history in general. Just like what the above said, there are many possible iconic females, and not everyone had been included.
The thing is that Samus Aren is one of the most interesting female characters in Gaming history and it happens that the male characters in a franchise are often connected to the most iconic and influential moments/game in the franchise, like Cloud and Leon Kennedy.

Smash is a game series that wants to grab the best possible rep for the franchise so they’ll grab the main character of its best or most famous game and make him/her the fighter to please the majority of its fans.

D

Deleted member

The thing is that Samus Aren is one of the most interesting female characters in Gaming history and it happens that the male characters in a franchise are often connected to the most iconic and influential moments/game in the franchise, like Cloud and Leon Kennedy.

Smash is a game series that wants to grab the best possible rep for the franchise so they’ll grab the main character of its best or most famous game and make him/her the fighter to please the majority of its fans.
I'm sorry if I may sound rude but brush up on your gaming history. You only believe that the only "interesting" female game character is Samus, but Lara Croft technically got first in the Video Game Hall Of Fame before Samus. Thus, to have Lara in Smash is a great thing.

You're willing to leave behind hundreds of other possible female gaming characters who have a shot at the roster in exchange for those who are "truly iconic". Here we go again with the history. Thing is, gaming these days are slowly diversifying their rosters with women.

Sorry if I offend but I think you should try and research about gaming's biggest females, then come back to me.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
well we are getting more DLC how much idk but i think if we get at least 6 more then i include the last DLC of this pass,
then we surely are getting at least 2 or 3 female characters? i kinda agree with the DLC not having to be just male,

i believe in diversity, having male and female characters as DLC..sure that there are male protagonists they add into smash is something i'm cool with!
but some of the DLC should be female..because there are enough badass female charactes who could have a great moveset in smash! i will not name examples since everyone has a own preference for badass female characters haha

D

Deleted member

well we are getting more DLC how much idk but i think if we get at least 6 more then i include the last DLC of this pass,
then we surely are getting at least 2 or 3 female characters? i kinda agree with the DLC not having to be just male,

i believe in diversity, having male and female characters as DLC..sure that there are male protagonists they add into smash is something i'm cool with!
but some of the DLC should be female..because there are enough badass female charactes who could have a great moveset in smash! i will not name examples since everyone has a own preference for badass female characters haha
That's a good thing I'd like to hear! Whether the last DLC is female or the next pass contains all females then I'll gladly accept taht as compensation.

I'm confused if I should close the forum in case we do get a female character or do we still talk. It's fun reading these statements.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Diversity? Are you telling me that animals, characters from different kinds of environments, franchises, and genres of gaming is somehow not diverse enough? I know there are cool female characters, but cmon dude! There’s diversity that matters and there’s diversity that doesn’t matters. Guess what the gender thing falls under? That’s right, the latter.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
As far as "a female character shouldn't be added just for diversity" goes.....I can see the argument, but I'd imagine all of the female candidates for DLC already have other merits alongside them being a female. Based on that, I'd say it's okay to want females for the sake of diversity.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
As far as "a female character shouldn't be added just for diversity" goes.....I can see the argument, but I'd imagine all of the female candidates for DLC already have other merits alongside them being a female. Based on that, I'd say it's okay to want females for the sake of diversity.
What’s actually lacking in smash are American characters.

KatKit

Smash Lord
My dude, N64 Smash only had Samus. Iconic she certainly is, but "most iconic female characters (see: plural) in the roster" she is not. She isn't the end all be all of video game women. Nintendo itself doesn't have all of the most iconic women in gaming (and nowadays, it needs to step up its game).

Since branching to popular 3rd party characters, we have Bayonetta (dope) and ummm... yeah. The fighter pass is extraordinary, but it's also a missed opportunity. I think our time will come with future DLC (but yet again, Smash puts us on the back-burner), but I don't know how you can believe that having more gals is 'diversity that doesn't matter'.

American characters?! Really? Do I seriously have to explain why roughly half of the world's population is more important than 1 foreign country? Japanese developers made this; you aren't factoring things like language barriers, the types of games they were exposed to growing up, other developers they know personally, etc.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
My dude, N64 Smash only had Samus. Iconic she certainly is, but "most iconic female characters (see: plural) in the roster" she is not. She isn't the end all be all of video game women. Nintendo itself doesn't have all of the most iconic women in gaming (and nowadays, it needs to step up its game).

Since branching to popular 3rd party characters, we have Bayonetta (dope) and ummm... yeah. The fighter pass is extraordinary, but it's also a missed opportunity. I think our time will come with future DLC, but I don't know how you can believe that having more gals is 'diversity that doesn't matter'.
Because hollow knight is a way more diverse option.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Then this is the thread you're looking for, amigo.

Edit: Oops, that's closed. You might wanna make a new one, if there already isn't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

B BlackInk I don't want to start a fight here, but seriously, what kind of mentality was that?

Japanese people made the game. They're options are essentially depending on what they have. America is just one country. Smash is aiming to please a worldwide market. See, this was my stigma as to why I did not want Doomguy at first (though I then warmed up to the supporters). Sakurai was just testing the water for a Western rep with Banjo and seeing how hype that turned out, I think he'd add another one to the pass next season.

Gender diversity doesn't matter? Then why would we want female characters in the first place if we're going by that mindset? What's the point of setting up all these female character threads if in the end Smash wants a homogenous male roster? It doesn't feel right to have all-male DLC. I don't want to reiterate my Smash 4 DLC point here. Also, if gender diversity didn't matter anyway, then shouldn't the same be said of all fighting games that offered female characters as DLC in their games?

B BlackInk , I don't want to make you angry, but I find your lack of mindset disturbing.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I agree with everyone who says that the female dlc should only be considered if they would be the mascot of the series. They should make it in because of who they are and what game they represent and not because they are a female. If they decide to make another FE rep and also female I hope they would try to think outside the box and give us something unique like a bow user or hell even a lance/ax. They have enough of the swords represented in Smash/FE.

Like Chun Li is well known, but if she made it in before Ryu it'd kind of be weird. I know she's not in Smash. I wouldn't be opposed if she did make the cut. Or maybe Alex Rovias? from that really creepy game Eternal Darkness. To be honest I'm surprised that game didn't get a successor.

Or Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. Sadly that's another Rare title, but she was pretty cool to and so was the game. It was like grown up Banjo Kazooie.

Edit: Nevermind I just checked and it's Ubisoft, my bad lol.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
B BlackInk I don't want to start a fight here, but seriously, what kind of mentality was that?

Japanese people made the game. They're options are essentially depending on what they have. America is just one country. Smash is aiming to please a worldwide market. See, this was my stigma as to why I did not want Doomguy at first (though I then warmed up to the supporters). Sakurai was just testing the water for a Western rep with Banjo and seeing how hype that turned out, I think he'd add another one to the pass next season.

Gender diversity doesn't matter? Then why would we want female characters in the first place if we're going by that mindset? What's the point of setting up all these female character threads if in the end Smash wants a homogenous male roster? It doesn't feel right to have all-male DLC. I don't want to reiterate my Smash 4 DLC point here. Also, if gender diversity didn't matter anyway, then shouldn't the same be said of all fighting games that offered female characters as DLC in their games?

B BlackInk , I don't want to make you angry, but I find your lack of mindset disturbing.
Female guilt tripping... LOL. No one is playing smash for politics.

D

Deleted member

You made it political.
Well...you are not wrong with that.

Look, the ones I suggested were only to help you understand the mindset of the situation. If you don't agree with it, fine. I won't stop you. I completely respect your decision. If that's how you see it, then it's okay.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Like Chun Li is well known, but if she made it in before Ryu it'd kind of be weird. I know she's not in Smash. I wouldn't be opposed if she did make the cut. Or maybe Alex Rovias? from that really creepy game Eternal Darkness. To be honest I'm surprised that game didn't get a successor.
No one asked her to be in without Ryu. But it is VERY weird that Ken made it in without her, considering she's far more prominent than him in every other crossover.

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I never said anyone asked for her to be in. I just used her as an example since she was the first one to pop into my mind. I forgot about Ken lol. His is probably because it was easy to do since isn't he an echo of Ryu? Chun Li would probably work better as dlc so she wouldn't be some weird echo version.

I actually forgot about Beyond Good and Evil before this discussion. And since BGE 2 is supposedly still in the works (I think) it'd be the perfect time to promote it with Jade. Than again it might've hit development hell. But they let Cloud in despite the game being in hell for so long.

Diversity? Are you telling me that animals, characters from different kinds of environments, franchises, and genres of gaming is somehow not diverse enough? I know there are cool female characters, but cmon dude! There’s diversity that matters and there’s diversity that doesn’t matters. Guess what the gender thing falls under? That’s right, the latter.
In a way, it's not important if you don't understand/don't care about female representation. What is important here, is respecting people who consider the issue important and to a lesser extent trying to understand why it matters to a lot of people before going in full troll mode.

I'll explain how i see it, maybe it'll help, i genuinely hope it will. Take it with a grain of salt, it's just my own understanding based on what i know. Gender is a big part of someone's identity, it has an almost unavoidable influence on how we perceive ourselves and how others perceive us. It is a way bigger part of us than our nationality (for example, in reference to your ' What’s actually lacking in smash are American characters' post).

One of the major reason why people like a particular fictional character (but far from the only reason) is because they can easily identify to them. In video games like Smash, playing as a character you like can greatly enhance your experience. Obviously, it's not a matter of life and death but simply a matter of maximising fun for everyone. It can be hard to understand for male consumers because we always had a lot (i mean, a LOT) of male characters, male protagonists to choose from (in games in general) and never had to even think about it so in a way, i can understand why you see it as a non-issue.

There's also the more ''political'' reason why representation is important, having a more accurate representation of gender diversity in entertainment media. But personally i don't think here is the best place to discuss this one, it is very likely to derail the thread from its purpose.

Last edited:

LipeCau

Smash Cadet
Ok, just played Shantae and I'm absolutely in love with her. Add her to the female characters I want in.

D

Deleted member

Ok, just played Shantae and I'm absolutely in love with her. Add her to the female characters I want in.
Isn't she generally wanted by the entire Smash community at this point? But um, yeah. of course. Why not?

What's good everyone?

Do you guys have anything to discuss for today? I'm trying to keep this thread alive and well.

If the fifth fighter of the Fighters Pass gets leaked or announced, be sure to discuss it here as well.

So it all boils down to me in keeping the thread alive.

D

Deleted member

Just give these things time. Triple-posting also isn't really helping here.
Thank you for the advice. In time, if the last DLC character in the Season 1 Fighters Pass is released we're either gonne celebrate here or I'm still racking my resting ***** face.

Technourgos

Smash Cadet
During the 2018 Grammy Awards, where the most prolific of musicians get awarded for releasing good content, many where frustrated to see that out of all the major awards, the only female who ever won a major award was Alessia Cara. The rest of the award winners were male. Frustrated, the Internet called out the award show with a resounding "#GrammysSoMale", a hashtag that denoted the lack of gender diversity within the show itself. In response, the Academy President Neil Portnow said that "Women need to step up". The entire set of events set off a backlash on social media, criticizing the male dominance of the award show and the lack of female representation. Though thankfully, the 2019 Awards finally acknowledged these complaints, and numerous women dominated-and won-the nominations.

Now, why would the Grammys be brought up here in Smash? Simple: the same thing is happening. There have been no new female DLC newcomers who serve as a 100% playable fighter. While Kazooie could count, most of the time the player controls Banjo himself. This is an issue because there are so many possible female characters to choose from, and with so many female characters dominating the gaming scene nowadays, it would frustrate the fans as to why the new characters were all male. While the base roster does contain a hefty amount of women, the lack any credible female DLC newcomer will surely try to frustrate some of the fans.

This thread is set up to discuss the lack of female DLC characters. While it may get political, be sure to respect everyone's views. So far, there have been no female characters in the DLC roster. If there is a new female DLC character announced, then the thread will officially close.​
I voted no. I see that's an unpopular opinion. Characters need to be able to stand on their own merit, not on what sex or gender they are. I'm not in favor of people earning awards merely based on these factors. With regard to Kazooie, how much of Banjo is controlled? Walking controls Banjo. Dashing controls Kazooie. A lot of attacks are performed by Kazooie. Anyone can test this to see if Kazooie represents most of Banjo's move set. I'm not going to claim it's mostly Kazooie, but I won't say the same for Banjo, either, since I've never actually played as the character in spite of the fact that I have the character.

Most characters in video games are represented by males, and while there are plenty of female characters, they're not going to be as common. Namco has worked on SSB4 and SSBU. If Nintendo allowed it, Namco could introduce Masuyo Tobi, also known as Kissy from Baraduke. Everyone is always talking about Shantae or Morrigan. What about Kissy? Since people tend to be obsessed with the idea of being the "first", well, Kissy was the first female video game character. Yes, she made her debut even before Samus, if being the first female really matters.

Also, yes, Ryu Hayabusa would be great. I owned the second Ninja Gaiden and received the third for Christmas on the NES. My cousin owned the first one. If Ryu was included, he would be the only DLC I would care about. Well, unless another Metroid character was included. Both would be a win in my book.

Last edited:

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
I rather worry about iconic characters, rather than a gender of a character to be honest.. There's alot of female characters already as it is too.
The only characters I can think of, getting in, is Shantae(Please God, no) and Lara Croft, which I think she totally fits the bill.

Lara is very iconic character, owned also by Square which already have a character in the game(Cloud).
I also would not mind at all Tifa.

But I hoping for characters like Heihachi(Tekken), Master Cheif, and Spyro. I think Heavy is honestly a dream and probably won't happen.

Doom guy is my wild card.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Including the Mii Fighter, echoes, both versions of Samus, and alts like Libre Pikachu/Wendy/Pokemon Trainer, we're looking at a 'whopping' 22 characters. There's not a lot of women already as it is; especially when a large number of those characters are regulated to echoes, alt costumes, and such.

There are a lot of iconic women not in the game who can get in based on merit, and a lot of 1st party gals from IPs with no playable reps who've been shafted. We can have more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom