• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
This is just a reflection of capitalism. Likes are a metaphor for money which truly shows how meaningless it all is.

I'm against it because I follow "6-month spoiler rule" for games and movies or until a sequel is released. In this case, I'd wait until FFH gets released.

Wait he did what

Let me give focus on this one because it's something I've noticed a lot here. Usually when there's any sort of serious discussion going on, someone will just do an "enlightened centrist"-like post which really just has the intention of gaining likes but it also has the side effect of either making both sides arguing look bad because of "lol they're so silly for fighting over this" or shaming someone for trying to make a good point against someone who's being ignorant.

Anyways, step 5 is posting cute anime girls.
Exhibit A:
View attachment 217815
Or, hear me out.

Y'all can stop bickering on the internet on a site made for Smash discussion and settle it in Smash like God(Sakurai) intended. :drshrug:

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Don't remember my first videogame crush tbh but I do remember my first fictional crush was the Pokemon anime's version of May.
She's still my favorite out of Ash's traveling companions, and out of the female protagonists across all generations. Hilda is a close second though. As far as overall first crush goes, that's really difficult. Medli would be my go-to Zelda example, but other than that, there is no chronological order of these things. I can recall "who" but not "when".

The last thing you'd want in your Burger King burger

View attachment 217798
The last thing I'd want is a Burger King burger.

weeb art time
View attachment 217797
sauce, some nsfw stuff on their twitter
OK, I take it back. She's probably the first example that had me floored as a wee lad. I used to look up all of her art at the time.

My first video game crush might've been Skyla from Black & White, but I'm not sure. I do know that I have a thing for chicks with red hair, though!
Skyla is a top-tier choice. So are Valerie and Sabrina, but no one talks about Kalos gym leaders, so poor Valerie seldom gets any art at all ;-;

YALL ALREADY KNOW WHAT I'M ABOUT.
View attachment 217801
LYN FOR THE WYN.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Not really feeling that thumbnail, I wonder what's this guy's dea--

Oh, I see what this is, he thinks he's funny.

You're just proving my point.
We have the debate hall and PMs for heated discussions. I don't speak for everyone here but why do we have the debate hall in the first place if people are going to just treat the general thread as the Debate Hall 2.0.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
@modmins

so i was wondering if we could like

start talking about endgame outside of spoiler tags by, say, next monday

i mean this movie was hella frontloaded everyone who's concerned about spoilers has probably seen it by now

and it's not like marvel themselves seem to care; check out any of their new tv spots. they got spoilers af

not to mention the russos themselves said that the spoiler ban lifted this monday anyways
I dunno.

Like, I still haven't seen The Last Jedi and I appreciate that people are still kinda hush hush about the major plot points. I still don't know what happens in that movie.

D

Deleted member

I dunno.

Like, I still haven't seen The Last Jedi and I appreciate that people are still kinda hush hush about the major plot points. I still don't know what happens in that movie.
Oh god is this a bad time to mention Thanos is Rey's parents?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We have the debate hall and PMs for heated discussions. I don't speak for everyone here but why do we have the debate hall in the first place if people are going to just treat the general thread as the Debate Hall 2.0.
A lot of the “arguments” in here are way too informal for that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I guess I didn’t really answer, I started games really late so my first crush might’ve been either Dawn or funnily enough Cynthia both from Diamond and Pearl, I think I saw the episode with her before I played through the game. Either one of those two or Daisy.

Roberk

Smash Champion
spoiler alert

thanos from fortnite makes a surprise appearance
Can we talk about the implications of Fortnite being canon in the MCU? I mean first off, people are still playing the damn game with seemingly little improvemts 4 years in the feature. But most importantly, Thanos is in Fortnite. The MCU has a man who caused a universal genocide in Fortnite right as Thanos commits the deed in 2018, and people still like Fortnite enough to play it in 2023. What if you sat down for a game of monopoly in Poland in 1945: “I’ll be shoe, you can be car, and ...” “Oh, oh, can I be Hitler?” It’s horrifying to think about. We’re pretty casual about Hitler nowadays, but do we have the balls to make him a playable character in a popular game like Fortnite? Of course not. The MCU probably liked being snapped, how should we know what the actual public opinion was, not just the Avenger’s propaganda?
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

D

Deleted member

I dunno.

You don't know that Jar Jar is a Sith lord?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
hi everyone.

I play tf2 in 2019 its cool, theres always gonna be poor gamers so its always going to go strong.

D

Deleted member

as a child brian would have gwen and me battle one another in "training'

everytime she got more likes brian would replace a part of me with machinery, claiming he wanted me to be her equal

but she won

again
and again

never once refraining

because of them, i am...
this

so after i murder my "sister"...
Screenshot_2019-05-08-20-10-38~2.png

i will buy a korean spambot with every conceivable instrument of death

i will hunt brian down like a dog and i will tear him apart slowly

piece
by piece

until he know some semblance of the profound and unceasing pain i know

every
single
day

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
A lot of the “arguments” in here are way too informal for that.
Eh, depends.

We seem to have a politcal post about once every other week here, and if Arigarmy were still around, he'd be trying(in vain) to point people to the debate hall.

So :drshrug:

Maybe it's just me but, when I hop into the general thread, the last thing I wanna start my evening with is seeing World War 2,007.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which is absolutely shocking to me.
Look at it this way.

TF2 fans want Valve to add stuff.

Overwatch fans want Blizzard away from the game because things are being made worse repeatedly.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Depends on the topic in question. Some topics I'd say just don't really fit in a place called the "debate" hall. Like a lot of the discussions that happen in here, really.

Besides - "general" thread - it's kind of in the name, isn't it? There aren't really that many restrictions on what can be discussed here, and even then we're regularly reviewing and discussing the few that do exist in the staff boards. So I don't really see much of a problem here.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh god is this a bad time to mention Thanos is Rey's parents?
God damn it, Shish! I was SO CLOSE.

Seriously though I've owned the movie on bluray for like a year; it's my goddamn brother who keeps dragging his feet. I promised I wouldn't watch it without him but it kills me that I didn't see it in theaters.

Shroob

Sup?
Depends on the topic in question. Some topics I'd say just don't really fit in a place called the "debate" hall. Like a lot of the discussions that happen in here, really.

Besides - "general" thread - it's kind of in the name, isn't it? There aren't really that many restrictions on what can be discussed here, and even then we're regularly reviewing and discussing the few that do exist in the staff boards. So I don't really see much of a problem here.
The issue is that a lot of the times, these 'debates' go on for far too long, and no one's here to step in and tell everyone to knock it off.

I know that the staff is super limited, but how often does someone post "So where are the mods?" :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Can we talk about the implications of Fortnite being canon in the MCU? I mean first off, people are still playing the damn game with seemingly little improvemts 4 years in the feature. But most importantly, Thanos is in Fortnite. The MCU has a man who caused a universal genocide in Fortnite right as Thanos commits the deed in 2018, and people still like Fortnite enough to play it in 2023. What if you sat down for a game of monopoly in Poland in 1945: “I’ll be shoe, you can be car, and ...” “Oh, oh, can I be Hitler?” It’s horrifying to think about. We’re pretty casual about Hitler nowadays, but do we have the balls to make him a playable character in a popular game like Fortnite? Of course not. The MCU probably liked being snapped, how should we know what the actual public opinion was, not just the Avenger’s propaganda?
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
I know this is probably a ****post but it's not hard to imagine they simply didn't include Thanos in that universe's Fortnite because the corssover only happened due to the Avengers being a fictional piece of media in our reality.
The real question is really how it still has a big enough playerbase.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
TF2 doesn't get the attention it used to get but I'm more content with balance updates and infrequent major content updates anyhow. They've given the game and it's playerbase so much over the years by now, I can live with not getting "big" updates very often anymore.

My personal biggest issue with the game as it stands, is that I probably play it more often than I should lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also the "Debate" in Debate Hall implies that topics there warrant debate, when more often than not the stuff that gets a lot of "take it to the Debate Hall" type reactions have a clear right and wrong answer, even if some folks don't want to admit it.

Shroob

Sup?
TF2 doesn't get the attention it used to get but I'm more content with balance updates and infrequent major content updates anyhow. They've given the game and it's playerbase so much over the years by now, I can live with not getting "big" updates very often anymore.

My personal biggest issue with the game as it stands, is that I probably play it more often than I should lol.
I wish the Heavy got his update though. The other classes feel decent where they are balance-wise. Heavy, meh.

D

Deleted member

The issue is that a lot of the times, these 'debates' go on for far too long, and no one's here to step in and tell everyone to knock it off.

I know that the staff is super limited, but how often does someone post "So where are the mods?" :drshrug:
What exactly is the issue of them "going on for far too long"? You're not forced to participate in them and there are usually multiple topics being discussed in this thread at once. You can just not interact in those if you dislike them so much.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
as a child brian would have gwen and me battle one another in "training'

everytime she got more likes brian would replace a part of me with machinery, claiming he wanted me to be her equal

but she won

again
and again

never once refraining

because of them, i am...
this

so after i murder my "sister"...
View attachment 217823
i will by a korean spambot with every conceivable instrument of death

i will hunt brian like a dog and i will tear him apart slowly

piece
by piece

until he know some semblance of the profound and unceasing pain i know

every
single
day
Uh

Uhhhh

Haha dork

Often enough and I agree the extended slapfights are rather stupid. Not all the time and not cause they’re long but after a certain point it’s kinda circular and spammy

And apparently something mods are afraid to step in on ;);););););););)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What exactly is the issue of them "going on for far too long"? You're not forced to participate in them and there are usually multiple topics being discussed in this thread at once. You can just not interact in those if you dislike them so much.
Because usually it ropes everyone into the discussion.

I mean, maybe I'm just alone in trying to avoid conflict where I can, but, I dunno, seeing people fight is just not my cup of tea. :drshrug:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know this is probably a ****post but it's not hard to imagine they simply didn't include Thanos in that universe's Fortnite because the corssover only happened due to the Avengers being a fictional piece of media in our reality.
The real question is really how it still has a big enough playerbase.
I mean, I still regularly play Resident Evil 5 Versus with people and that game came out in 2009.

Just because Korg and Thor-- who aren't Earthlings, remember-- play Fortnite doesn't mean that everyone is still playing Fortnite. At most, it guarantees that Thor, Korg, Noobslayer69 and enough other people are still playing it to warrant running into Noobslayer69 again being a noteworthy event, which is absolutely reasonable for a game that massive only four years later.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Moydow how dare you unlike my post you big jerk >:^(

D

Deleted member

Also the "Debate" in Debate Hall implies that topics there warrant debate, when more often than not the stuff that gets a lot of "take it to the Debate Hall" type reactions have a clear right and wrong answer, even if some folks don't want to admit it.
"does nazi is bad?"
jesus christ can we talk about smash. i hate how we always get so political. we have a debate hall thread for a reason. why can't you guys take it to pms

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because no one wants to use the debate hall and would rather bring their dirty laundry here

D

Deleted member

Opossum turn on your location so I can forcefully remove this strike-through text because you should say this louder.
Because usually it ropes everyone into the discussion.

I mean, maybe I'm just alone in trying to avoid conflict where I can, but, I dunno, seeing people fight is just not my cup of tea. :drshrug:
Lots of discussions here aren't my cup of tea either but I'm not telling anyone to "go do it somewhere else". If I'm being honest, I absolutely hate when we try to discuss leaks here nowadays because they're just reptitive cycles at this point and can devolve into people fighting but I'm not gonna step in and tell people to stop it because I can just... not interact.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Listen, I’m all for discussions here on certain heated topics, and I agree they do count under the umbrella of what should be allowed here

But I mean you gotta admit to how absolutely toxic and circular they get after going on for like 3 million pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom