• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Personally I don't care that the swear filter sucks. And to be honest, I don't think anyone really cares about censor dodging in general except those angsty teenage new mods who want to flex.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know this site is suppossed to be PG-13, but I feel as if the boundary for PG-13 is slowly getting pushed every day, which makes some infractions just feel... wrong.

I don't know how to describe it, outdated may be the word? Idk, I'm just a normal user anyway, lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not if the filter works correctly. Instead the mods have problems with me for grabbing a megaphone and yelling "THIS SITE IS **** IT'S ****ING ****"
I shared it yesterday though
I don't know, it seem like a few mods also have problems with the filters like you do, and they are trying their best to deal with the problems it causes, but I'm not sure as to what person can really fix this problem, so I think I'm going to stop here before I state something wrong for either side.

D

Deleted member

I know this site is suppossed to be PG-13, but I feel as if the boundary for PG-13 is slowly getting pushed every day, which makes some infractions just feel... wrong.

I don't know how to describe it, outdated may be the word? Idk, I'm just a normal user anyway, lol.
Could you expand on that?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well you know what they say.

Ya can't spell smashboards without a D between the Ars.

D

Deleted member

I want to say that the site could use a policy change if they want to do that but then I remembered the kiddy movie Cats and Dogs being incredibly anti-Semitic and the sequel is about how wrong anti-Semitism is
For real? Cant remember much about the first film. Care to share examples?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Personally I don't care that the swear filter sucks. And to be honest, I don't think anyone really cares about censor dodging in general except those angsty teenage new mods who want to flex.
swear filter is essential for jokes

D

Deleted member

Seems like its how it goes honestly, a lot of things become more acceptable as time passes and different countries have different standards.

D

Deleted member

We're probably discussing censor dodging more than the mods themselves have.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As someone who isn't a expert at English, I was surprised to see that the word "cuck" wasn't a swear at all.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It if has a swear, it’s funny. Allow me to demonstrate.

Hecc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
nani the **** did you just ****ing iimasu about watashi, you chiisai ***** desuka? watashi’ll have anata know that watashi graduated top of my class in nihongo 3, and watashi’ve been involved in iroirona nihongo tutoring sessions, and watashi have over sanbyaku perfect test scores. watashi am trained in kanji, and watashi is the top letter writer in all of southern california. anata are nothing to watashi but just another weaboo. watashi will korosu anata the **** out with vocabulary the likes of which has never been mimasu’d before on this continent, mark watashino ****ing words. anata thinks anata can get away with hanashimasing that kuso to watashi over the intaaneto? omou again, ******. as we hanashimasu, watashi am contacting watashino secret netto of otakus across the usa, and anatano ip is being traced right now so you better junbishimasu for the ame, ujimushi. the ame that korosu’s the pathetic chiisai thing anata calls anatano life. you’re ****ing shinima****a’d, akachan.

D

Deleted member

The swear filter is a piece of *****************************************************************
dude you can't just say siebenhundertsiebenundsiebzigtausendsiebenhundertsiebenundsiebzig like that

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Could you expand on that?
Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this.

Okay, so this thread alone had convos about sex, ethics of lolis, how much they wanna bang fictional characters for some reason, as well as more serious, political discussions, you know, stuff that would fall into the PG-PG13 range, some of which may border beyond that, and in the cases I've seen, it's mostly a slap on the wrist. It repeats all the time, every week.

But god forbid you post a gangweed meme, or say the m-word too many times, now that's infraction worthy.

I guess that's the best example I have. Idk, mods, don't roast me if I'm awfully wrong on this.

D

Deleted member

This reads like you desperately wanted to try and find a relevant way to share this fact but couldn't hold it in any longer.
No one:
Literally no one:
Absolutely nobody:
Gwen: Cats and Dogs is anti-semitic
Me: Sky High is fascist propaganda
Jack Saint: Cereal was invented to stop people from playing with themselves

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this.

Okay, so this thread alone had convos about sex, ethics of lolis, how much they wanna bang fictional characters for some reason, as well as more serious, political discussions, you know, stuff that would fall into the PG-PG13 range, some of which may border beyond that, and in the cases I've seen, it's mostly a slap on the wrist. It repeats all the time, every week.

But god forbid you post a gangweed meme, or say the m-word too many times, now that's infraction worthy.

I guess that's the best example I have. Idk, mods, don't roast me if I'm awfully wrong on this.
That's the type of stuff that usually happens when you turn a previously topic focused general into a more... general general.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Doesn't Wing Fortress have EGGMAN plastered on it?
Yeah:

Death Egg is named after him, yadda yadda.

Fighters:

Sonic, Mighty and Ray call him Eggman in SegaSonic which has no English dub etc. etc.
Speaking of that. I was always curious as to what is said in the Japanese version of Sonic Generations. Where Tails is like "Dr robotnik!" And he responded with "nobody calls me that anymore"
Classic Tails just calls him Eggman:

In the video the subs are the same as the English script, the actual translation is:

Classic Tails: “Dr. Eggman!”

Classic Eggman: “You seem surprised there’s two of me!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom