• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The real shame is that ass is censored while the r slur isn't.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's always had a negative connotation.
It's just it hadn't picked up traction as an insult until like this decade.
As a gamer, I am glad I now know this piece of information.

Thank you demi-fiend.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I go for one minute.

one minute
I mean, people do the irksome "pretend the thread is a lot worse than it is" thing all the time, but for real, I don't see how this can even warrant pretend offense.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also I'm really in a Doom vibe so here's a moveset for the Slayer. The idea is that he's hella fast but surprisingly light which represents how survival in Doom is about how you need to manoeuvre around enemy projectiles and can't really take too much hits. By default the Slayer's armed with his trusty Shotgun in one hand
Grounded attacks
Jab: Punches with his empty hand, press again to backhand and a third time to smack with the shotgun
Ftilt: Swings the shotgun in front of him
Utilt: Swings the shotgun around him in a half-circle motion
Dtilt: Leg sweep
Dash attack: Shoulder tackle
Up Smash: Shoots the shotgun upwards, basically functioning like a Ivysaur up air but as a Smash attack
F Smash: Shoots the shotgun straight in front of him. Similar to how shotguns are, they're ridiculously strong close range, with the blast showing the hitbox but not actually shooting out a projectile
D Smash: Shoots the shotgun behind himself at a downwards angle, the recoil is so strong Slayer gets knocked forward a little, acting as a hitbox
Aerials
Nair: Swings his fist directly in front of him
Fair: Swings his chainsaw in front of him like how most sword users swing during their Fair. The attack is a multihit when sweetspotted, which is at the end of hhe swing at Slayer's feet
Bair: Swings the chainsaw behind him. Unlike most Bairs this one has considerable startup but hits multiple times throughout the whole animation
Up air: Swings the chainsaw directly above himself, which while strong has a very then hitbox due to only hitting straight above him
Dair: Stomps downwards, it works as a spike if you hit people with the boots rather than the legs
Throws
Pummel: Headbutts the enemy
Fthrow: Holds the enemy by the arm before kicking them away
Bthrow: Grabs by the arm and violently swings behind him
Uthrow: Lightly tosses above himself before shooting straight up with the shotgun
Dthrow: Slams his fist directly on the head of the enemy with such tremendous force they get knocked away
Specials
B: Gaus Cannon, Doom Slayer stays in place while preparing the Gaus Cannon. during this period you can aim the cannon by pointing the joystick in the direction you want to aim, then you press B again to fire a powerful shot. If shot directly underneath the Slayer, he'll be sent upwards which can be used to mix up your recovery a bit, though the attack is slow regardless where you fire from
Side B: Heavy Assault Rifle, Doom Slayer grabs the weapon and shoots out 6 micro-missiles out of it, which act like sticky bombs/Crash Bomber but with a shorter timer. Out of all of Doom Slayer's projectiles, this is easily the fastest but the micro-missiles don't do too much damage
Up B: Meathook, Doom Slayer shoots the grappling hook off his shotgun upwards. It doesn't have as much range as most tether recoveries, but if the hook connects, Doom Slayer thrusts himself to whoever he connected to and he doesn't go in free-fall. It can only be used once until you touch the ground again but it can disencourage edgeguard attempts or be used as a combo starter
Down B: Chaingun, after a considerable amount of startup, Doom Slayer starts firing like nothing else, shooting out many bullets at such high speeds. The damage is good but there's barely any knockback. It can't be angled either meaning if you simply jump while Doom Slayer is preparing Chaingun you can punish the attack fairly easily
Final Smash: The BFG, fires a single powerful projectiles that sucks enemies in before exploding. The beginning of the animation can actually lock someone in place with the BFG similar to how you deliver the final blow to Doom 2016's final boss

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Also I'm really in a Doom vibe so here's a moveset for the Slayer. The idea is that he's hella fast but surprisingly light which represents how survival in Doom is about how you need to manoeuvre around enemy projectiles and can't really take too much hits. By default the Slayer's armed with his trusty Shotgun in one hand
Grounded attacks
Jab: Punches with his empty hand, press again to backhand and a third time to smack with the shotgun
Up Smash: Shoots the shotgun upwards, basically functioning like a Ivysaur up air but as a Smash attack
F Smash: Shoots the shotgun straight in front of him. Similar to how shotguns are, they're ridiculously strong close range, with the blast showing the hitbox but not actually shooting out a projectile
D Smash: Shoots the shotgun behind himself at a downwards angle, the recoil is so strong Slayer gets knocked forward a little, acting as a hitbox
Aerials
Fair: Swings his chainsaw in front of him like how most sword users swing during their Fair. The attack is a multihit when sweetspotted, which is at the end of hhe swing at Slayer's feet
Bair: Swings the chainsaw behind him. Unlike most Bairs this one has considerable startup but hits multiple times throughout the whole animation
Up air: Swings the chainsaw directly above himself, which while strong has a very then hitbox due to only hitting straight above him
Dair: Stomps downwards, it works as a spike if you hit people with the boots rather than the legs
Throws
Uthrow: Lightly tosses above himself before shooting straight up with the shotgun
Dthrow: Slams his fist directly on the head of the enemy with such tremendous force they get knocked away
Specials
B: Gaus Cannon, Doom Slayer stays in place while preparing the Gaus Cannon. during this period you can aim the cannon by pointing the joystick in the direction you want to aim, then you press B again to fire a powerful shot. If shot directly underneath the Slayer, he'll be sent upwards which can be used to mix up your recovery a bit, though the attack is slow regardless where you fire from
Side B: Heavy Assault Rifle, Doom Slayer grabs the weapon and shoots out 6 micro-missiles out of it, which act like sticky bombs/Crash Bomber but with a shorter timer. Out of all of Doom Slayer's projectiles, this is easily the fastest but the micro-missiles don't do too much damage
Up B: Meathook, Doom Slayer shoots the grappling hook off his shotgun upwards. It doesn't have as much range as most tether recoveries, but if the hook connects, Doom Slayer thrusts himself to whoever he connected to and he doesn't go in free-fall. It can only be used once until you touch the ground again but it can disencourage edgeguard attempts or be used as a combo starter
Down B: Chaingun, after a considerable amount of startup, Doom Slayer starts firing like nothing else, shooting out many bullets at such high speeds. The damage is good but there's barely any knockback. It can't be angled either meaning if you simply jump while Doom Slayer is preparing Chaingun you can punish the attack fairly easily
Final Smash: The BFG, fires a single powerful projectiles that sucks enemies in before exploding. The beginning of the animation can actually lock someone in place with the BFG similar to how you deliver the final blow to Doom 2016's final boss
The BFG is the final smash yeah?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh, I disagree with the site rules to some degree as well but we did agree to them when joining tbh

Like I said the other day I was thinking of starting a group PM to make this thread less spammy

D

Deleted member

I mean, people do the irksome "pretend the thread is a lot worse than it is" thing all the time, but for real, I don't see how this can even warrant pretend offense.
I am the king of comedy, clearly.

D

Deleted member

Grounded attacks
Aerials
Throws
Specials
I'd almost switch the shotgun to be a special move just because of how iconic it is to Doomguy, but great moveset.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Lol, happy for you guys--my friends and I could do that IF THEY'D EVER BE CONSISTENT AND MOTIVATED BUT NoOoO
I'm the voice actor, the writer, the less than average musician and what do they do? Academic pursuits--how dare
Do you have examples of your voice acting?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I am the king of comedy, clearly.
Ugh! Come back to whatever this is?? I was gone for five minutes and y’all are doing this ****???

I don’t even know why I come back here, you all are degenerates

And so on and so forth every single day for the rest of our lives

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd almost switch the shotgun to be a special move just because of how iconic it is to Doomguy, but great moveset.
I noticed that I would always default to the shotgun unlike the one other shooter I play, Borderlands 2 (I play it at a friend on movie night) and considering you get 2 of the bloody things I felt it's rather iconic to the guy
For real? Cant remember much about the first film. Care to share examples?
Can't believe I'm going to post the same video 2 days in a row
I haven't seen this franchise since I was 6 personally. Might want to change that

D

Deleted member

Ugh! Come back to whatever this is?? I was gone for five minutes and y’all are doing this ****???

Hey, this thread is just a cycle of people constantly over-reacting to everything being said until a mod comes in and the cycle restarts.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What insider findings?, could you explain them ?, I want to be sure..... o.o
Just some people saying that they really haven't heard about Steve that much, and he very likely isn't in. And even one insider, Polarpanda supposedly heard from one of her sources that Steve is for sure not in, and we're likely getting Banjo instead.

I wouldn't take it as definite fact, just something to keep in mind

D

Deleted member

We’re an odd bunch, truly.

D

Deleted member

Half the time the mod overreacts too, of course

*sits and waits for divine punishment*
What the **** did you just ****ing say about the mods? This is serious business, do you wanna take this outside punk?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Anyone else been playing MK11? I've been having a blast online with this game, even though the grind is horrid. I main Skarlet and Erron right now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
“No, freedom of speech protects me on this website!”
-someone who doesn’t understand what the freedom of speech is
Come on guys, I'm the king of irony, cut me some slack!!

D

Deleted member

“No, freedom of speech protects me on this website!”
-someone who doesn’t understand what the freedom of speech is
"Drop this conversation. Now. This is so immature, expected better from you all."
-John Moderator

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's misapplication of the law, you can't arrest someone for having a learning disability.

Well, I guess you could bring him in for "indecency", given the implications of his relationship with Palutena
Considering Pit is a chicken and not a someone, he’s able to be arrested for such a thing...and the latter is more of a reason to arrest Palutena...if only Pit was a human (he wouldn’t be in jail for being illiterate...but chickens don’t get to have human/angel rights)
Off to watch Endgame, see ya in 3 hours
Cry

D

Deleted member

I dunno anything about Doom but please tell me BFG stands for Big ****ing Gun

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I dunno anything about Doom but please tell me BFG stands for Big ****ing Gun
yes its the big ****ing gun, what else could it be

it's a literal big ****ing gun