• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bruh it’s the worst when I feel like I’m getting a talking to from a parent cause I said *** or something
Dude, it's like one of those high school teachers getting mad like "You all are supposed to be young adults! Act like it!" when you got people ranging from 13, 18, and all the way up to the early 30s. Imagine you have to ****ing tell a 30 year old on the internet to act like an adult.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think i've ever heard the German language used in a friendly context.

It's always loud screaming when I hear it.
Ive taken a couple German classes. It’s actually quite a nice language to listen to if you aren’t watching a movie with a stereotype in it haha

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wish I spoke French to be honest.
I would sound a lot better.
Yeah this is kinda like being a French weeb

Imagine me going “I wish I spoke Japanese to be honest, I would sound a lot better” lol

Though I do speak it at a beginner level it’s not cause I want to “sound better” as if the language is superlative in that way

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's the most fun part of being a mod/admin, when you get to put down people older than you because you're more mature than them. :lucina:
You sound like a grandma exterminator.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wanna learn several languages so I can have friends with anyone from around the world

And watch anime without subs

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To add onto to what Noipoi Noipoi was saying, the only time I've ever heard Russian came from a guy who sounded like he was constantly coughing up a hairball.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering Pit is a chicken and not a someone, he’s able to be arrested for such a thing...and the latter is more of a reason to arrest Palutena...if only Pit was a human (he wouldn’t be in jail for being illiterate...but chickens don’t get to have human/angel rights)
Yet none of the other characters are being arrested for being non-humans and--

Right, let's just forget it, I'm not going to bother with this.

I wanna learn several languages so I can have friends with anyone from around the world

And watch anime without subs
Why not live in Japan then? That's what some fan translators do.

Well, granted, the cost of livelihood over there is high, but at least it's a fairly clean place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want to learn multiple languages so I can get into petty arguments online with people from all over the globe.

D

Deleted member

I heard that Paris smells like urine, but I am sure they have fresheners if that was the case, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ive taken a couple German classes. It’s actually quite a nice language to listen to if you aren’t watching a movie with a stereotype in it haha
I really appreciate German for having formal pronounced, it's something I miss sometimes when talking English. It's actually a pretty polite language.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's the most fun part of being a mod/admin, when you get to put down people older than you because you're more mature than them. :lucina:
Yeah but (as someone with such experience) I can’t help but feel that saying “I’m disappointed” to someone is more like emotional manipulation when it’s coming from someone at a higher level than you In most contexts- I kinda get it with parents but not when they constantly say that kind of stuff

Like it’s one thing for someone like Shish to be disappointed in her peers here for one reason or another, but it’s another when someone who is higher ranked on the website to make them feel like they’re being parented as opposed to moderated

I would pretty much rather be infracted than be given some overly parental lecture

/rant

D

Deleted member

I remember watching this Fire Emblem anime, and there was this funny thing that stuck in my head.
"BUT MARSSS!!!!"

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>waiting in the car at Walmart
>sitting in the passenger seat
>some guy starts staring at me
>we make eye contact

You want to see my lease?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I want to learn multiple languages so I can get into petty arguments online with people from all over the globe.
I will learn Japanese not to appreciate the globalization of the world, or opening myself up to another culture. I just want to tell the Japanese why Geno is no good.

D

Deleted member

Sua waifu é uma droga
Yeah but (as someone with such experience) I can’t help but feel that saying “I’m disappointed” to someone is more like emotional manipulation when it’s coming from someone at a higher level than you In most contexts- I kinda get it with parents but not when they constantly say that kind of stuff

Like it’s one thing for someone like Shish to be disappointed in her peers here for one reason or another, but it’s another when someone who is higher ranked on the website to make them feel like they’re being parented as opposed to moderated

I would pretty much rather be infracted than be given some overly parental lecture

/rant
Ha, you think we speak in terms of equals, mongrel? Know your place!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He never went by Robotnik.
Well, technically, his full name include Robotnik nowadays. He is just caked by his nickname, Eggman. Why do you think his grandfather and cousin Maria have the last name, Robotnik and not Eggman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom