• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh this is nothing:
smtv waiting.jpg

The problem is I'm sick of the "beep, click" noise as I get an error message.
If it was just a 5 hour download, I could just set it down and then go about my business, but nope, "click, beep, click, beep."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sheesh, I do think the maintenance was being poorly handled, and really is emblematic of Nintendo’s poor online. But some people are taking it a bit too seriously imo. For what it’s worth, I was sorta miffed at the download, but I played it up for the sake of a joke.
Do I really gotta read the patch notes out to the classroom

they very well recognize the problem of online by this point

D

Deleted member

****, Carl's out for my ****ing life now. He knows I called him out and now I cant download the update even after the Maintenance...
carl: "if i can't protect my nonexistent internet clout...

you can be damn sure i'll avenge it"

D

Deleted member

*Hacker voice*

I'M IN

It'd actually be pretty funny if it errored out on me now.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I might be seeing things, but I swear, no joke, I think I saw the progress bar move juuuuuuuust a little

D

Deleted member

wow a thirteen hour download

aaaand error

again

a-****ing-gain

getting kinda sick of this tbh

Ivander

Smash Legend
The tempest unit is a green tone horse back Leo. Can he not suck this time?
We can hope, but there's no guarantees considering GHB/TT units aren't exactly the best. I mean, there are definitely some good ones like Black Knight, Aversa, Linus, etc. But then you have others like Finn and Canas....

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going to try really hard to not complain anymore, because I'm aware it won't change what's going on. But I was really, really excited to play as this character tonight, and now I probably won't be because of this nonsense.

It was supposed to be available to EVERYONE at 9pm. It's now almost midnight. I don't really care whose fault it was that this occurred in the first place, but please for the love of all that is loving and holy, make sure it doesn't happen again.

Luckily I have a hockey game on so I've been watching that. But I'm still just frustrated.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
That's what really weirds me out about Smash online. Like, Aces was rough at first, but apparently is really good now. Same with Splatoon and MK8D; some occasional disconnect issues aside, they all offer at least a decent service, nothing too bad.

Smash just can't catch a break, though. I honestly gotta wonder why.
Considering the marginally-increasing GSP on my end, I'd imagine online is still flourishing. People going online to complain why it's so bad and semi-responsive is all probably due to the traffic it's getting. It's kind of a self-inflicted Hell tbh.

D

Deleted member

pffff 44 hour download before it errored

is that the wr? can anyone challenge it?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Meh, mine isn't doing anything.

But, like a reasonable man of the planet, I will simply put my Switch up and update it tomorrow where it will be 100% guaranteed instead of wasting hours on useless progress.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Still got that damn X here.

Sure this is just a secret hint that Wolverine is Fighter Pass 2 to promote Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Mine is still not working. Are the server maintenance really over?

Sorry, I'm just, like, really burned out right now.

I'll sleep right about now.

D

Deleted member

Considering the marginally-increasing GSP on my end, I'd imagine online is still flourishing. People going online to complain why it's so bad and semi-responsive is all probably due to the traffic it's getting. It's kind of a self-inflicted Hell tbh.
Yeah, this seems like a really weird situation all the way around. Hopefully it won't happen again, but eh, we'll see.

D

Deleted member

I’m slightly dissapointed the shared content is completely empty. Come on, it’s been two hours, these are rookie numbers!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm going to try really hard to not complain anymore, because I'm aware it won't change what's going on. But I was really, really excited to play as this character tonight, and now I probably won't be because of this nonsense.

It was supposed to be available to EVERYONE at 9pm. It's now almost midnight. I don't really care whose fault it was that this occurred in the first place, but please for the love of all that is loving and holy, make sure it doesn't happen again.

Luckily I have a hockey game on so I've been watching that. But I'm still just frustrated.
What’s this? Someone venting their frustrations in a healthy, sensible way on this website?

Surely this is satirical.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ryu/Roy/Lucas dlc download crash of 2015 all over again

Shroob

Sup?
Buncha babies can't even wait a few hours for something that'll be there until the Switch's servers go down.

Meanwhile in my world, Maintenance during time-sensitive events.

For an entire ****ing day.

Which means an entire day without grinding said event, which is vital to progression.

You get used to it

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
pffff 44 hour download before it errored

is that the wr? can anyone challenge it?
Just got 66 hours and then it exploded.

Edit: Right after that it started downloading for real.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sheesh, I do think the maintenance was being poorly handled, and really is emblematic of Nintendo’s poor online. But some people are taking it a bit too seriously imo. For what it’s worth, I was sorta miffed at the download, but I played it up for the sake of a joke.
To be serious now for a moment, the problem is that this is the third year of the Switch's lifespan.

Where my qualms lie on, at the least, is that Nintendo still is working off of the off white AOL servers that only they use now. They're charging money for this, at a time where we have, no folders, no themes, and still not even some of the most basic functionalities most consoles have.

All of this should've been solved in in very early year two, and then some. My qualms aren't with Smash, it's how rather lackluster the online handlings have been when it's year three of the Switch, right now. If they can't juggle online maintenance or server handling, then why should I pay for this?

Those are my two cents, at the least. The Switch is my favorite console of all time, don't get me wrong. But there are still things is needs, and it needs fast, cause there's no excuse going into it's third year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom