• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Still a SEGA game? Where was this announced?

Still hoping for Dream Events. You can't stop me.
At Sega FES I believe, they announced Mario and Sonic for Switch, Olympic Games The Official Video Game (yes that’s the real title) for Xbox One and PS4, and a version with just Sonic for iOS and Android. All by Sega.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wouldnt go as far as call the rio game a sin tho..
I don't know how you can think of the worst game in the franchise as a good game, or how you never liked the best parts of the franchise (aka Dream Events)

And I bet that locking certain characters to only specific modes instead of just going all in with the crossover aspect and making them playable in any mode is something you didn't even minded either.

But you're the only person I've seen, literally the only one, who doesn't see those as straight downgrades to previous games. Not saying you're opinion is bad though, just that calling it unpopular would be an understatement, but hey, if you managed to like it, more power to you.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't know how you can think of the worst ones in the franchise as a good game, or how you never liked the best parts of the franchise (aka Dream Events)

And I bet that locking certain characters to only specific modes instead of just going all in with the crossover aspect and making them playable in any mode is something you didn't even minded either.

But you're the only person I've seen, literally the only one, who doesn't see those as straight downgrades to previous games. Not saying you're opinion is bad though, just that calling it unpopular would be an understatement, but hey, if you managed to like it, more power to you.
because I like the game even if people think its dog ****, I had fun with it, thats all that matters to me pff

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
LUL I'm just reading all this and remembering the time I had the top score on London 3DS' badminton scoreboard for at least a month and stayed on the high scoreboard for like a year.

Never underestimate a bored teenager and a whole lot of desperate Metal Sonic beeping.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Howdy, howdy, everyone.

How's everyone doing this fine Thursday?
I'm fascinated, yet scared, yet really fascinated by that image of a real black hole that have been uploaded recently on the internet.

It's just kinda of surreal to see, ya know?

D

Deleted member

I'm fascinated, yet scared, yet really fascinated by that image of a real black hole that have been uploaded recently on the internet.

It's just kinda of surreal to see, ya know?
the biggest thing for me is how similar it was to the portrayal of a black hole seen in the Mario Galaxy games:

1554990055280.png 1554990071207.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Faygo, don't make go all physics student on you.
Meanwhile the English student side of your brain has wandered off and is currently munching out of a tub of popcorn watching the internet come up with three dozen other ways to completely ruin the majesty of space's vastness and terror via increasingly crass comparisons.

D

Deleted member

Faygo, don't make go all physics student on you.
so if scott retains his normal mass when he shrinks and that's why he's able to smack people so hard while being so tiny how does he run on top of people
mhoXGgs.gif

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
'Temper' my friend; like tempering steel.

So, we need something to pass the time now. Hopefully I can suggest a game that hasn't been done to death already. Like name your top 5 wants or whatever. Instead of doing a game about adding characters, how about one about re-doing the movesets of ones we already have?

Choose a character from each 1st party franchise already represented in Smash Bros. Remake their Moveset.
Ex. Mario: Character- Mario
Neutral B- Cappy Throw (can be held to keep it spinning in place a short while and keeping the hitbox active)
Down B- Tanuki Statue (Turns into the invulnerable Tanuki Statue a limited time; letting Projectiles pass through)
Up B- Feather Cape (Flies upward or in whatever direction held for a short distance when used)
Side B- Hammer (Mario quickly slams a large hammer down on the space in front of him dealing damage and causing the opponent to become buried)

**That was a quick example and may not be the best, but you get the idea now lol**
Samus. The character that needs an overhaul, the most, imo

Miscellaneous
Plasma shot is now her neutral attack, similar to mega man's. Works more true to the original games, as a small, rapid fire projectile. Can also be used while walking Her side smash is also changed to a chargeable version

Samus can now crawl (Don't even start), morphing into her morph ball, which she can use to roll around the stage. If you press b while in this state, you will plant a bomb. If the bomb's detonated near her while still in ball form, she will jump a bit off the ground)

Specials
Nertual B - Missile (Same as before, pretty much, except it's now the neutral special. Two different types of missiles, depending on how you preform the move. A normal one if you quickly press the button, and a more beefier one, if you hold it down)

Side B - Speed Booster (Samus will briefly start running at supersonic speed, hitting any opponents that get in her way. This is based on the ability of the same name that first appeared in Super Metroid)

Up B - Screw Attack (The only move with no real changes. Samus will flip in the air, with an electrical force field surrounding her, causing damage to the opponent)

Down B - Melee Counter (If preformed at the right time, she'll block an opponents attack, and then proceed to swing her arm cannon in an uppercut fashion. If she blocks a projectile, it'll be reflected back at the user who sent it. This move is taken from Metroid: Samus Returns)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
@faygoshill hold up, is your sig Sheen on a cross?
I can confirm that you're not the only one seeing this, and the high levels of deep frying combined with the letter E basically giving a 404 of a Marquadd meme that isn't actually present only adds to the confusion.

Also there might be a nuclear explosion I really can't tell at this point.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ngl I’m kind of surprised you all have played enough Sonic/Mario Olympic Games to accurately rate them all, I only played Beijing and the first Winter Olympics and I remember both being mediocre party games

osby

Smash Obsessed
Floating T-Pose Sheen is just some generic internet memery at this point, but for some reason it's this that's making my brain turn horribly inside out in confusion and despair.
That's your primal mind warning you about the dangers that roamed the earth when it was young.

Oh my god I wake up and I see everyone is preparing themselves like:

I hope Sakura is in that line.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh, I see we’re talking about the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games series.

Personally if I had to rank them:
-Vancouver
-London
-Beijing
-Rio
-Sochi

Rio and Sochi are way below Beijing and can be interchanged, but the other 3 are decent and I enjoyed them quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom