• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

what the **** did i walk in to
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Ultimate Social Thread. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of butt drinking most of the jokes will go over a typical guest's head. There's also the thread's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into it's characterisation - it's personal philosophy draws heavily from Sonadow literature, for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
it's pronounced "alcohol enema"
Fun fact: Despite being a teetotaller, because the internet has taught me way too many things

don't actually do that

You'll get drunk quick but alcohol poisoning quicker.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd be interested in finding out which of my posts has the most likes.

Just to find out which ****post I made was the most popular.
Oh, that's easy for me...

I posted a dumb, low effort Reggie meme reference in the comments of the April Fools news article and everyone ate it up like crazy. I'm still getting notifications about it, to this day

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know I feel like we’re getting a smash direct instead of a normal one don’t you think?

D

Deleted member

Fun fact: Despite being a teetotaller, because the internet has taught me way too many things

don't actually do that

You'll get drunk quick but alcohol poisoning quicker.
bold assumption that any of us here are actually above the legal drinking age and that we aren't all 12 year olds lying about our age on the internet for the purpose of getting sick lewds from mythra

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
So let’s guess, how long is it gonna take for the entire DLC roster to be leaked for real?
I’m gonna say by next month.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'd be interested in finding out which of my posts has the most likes.

Just to find out which ****post I made was the most popular.
Mine was a lame pun about Apex 2015 being the biggest Smash tournament at the time.

...unless I forgot a better one since then?

Either way, would be nice to see your most liked posts as a feature.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So let’s guess, how long is it gonna take for the entire DLC roster to be leaked for real?
right the hell now
character 1- joker
character 2- the fighter's pass
character 3- is ****ing
character 4- cancelled
character 5- erdrick

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The pass was already leaked you losers why else would Labo VR Elephant not have a Spirit

It's been almost 5 months since release and we have nothing solid on DLC right now, so idk why you think anything would change a month from now
Side effects of the Smash Ultimate Social include delusions and pessimism

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
my spirit animal is the dude playing the bass and having the time of his life in the ultimate menu theme

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's already been leaked.

We just don't realize it yet because it's a text leak that no one believes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I forgot to feed my fish for like two hours past their morning meal and I don't think I've ever seen a look of desperation more sincere than when I finally accidentally made eye contact with my angelfish.

Which is funny because I'm pretty sure I've been kind of overdoing it on the fish food.

I swear this Pittoo colored angle pancake has more emotion without any eyelids than some people do with them.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Mine was a lame pun about Apex 2015 being the biggest Smash tournament at the time.

...unless I forgot a better one since then?

Either way, would be nice to see your most liked posts as a feature.
You'd think something like "https://smashboards.com/search/member?user_id=######?key=most_likes" (replacing "######" with your user number) would show you your comments ordered by like count, but it doesn't.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not sure if this was discussed a few days ago, but the updated EVO rankings have been revealed:

1st- Smash Ultimate
2nd- Street Fighter V
3rd- Tekken 7
4th- Under Night In-Birth
5th- Samurai Shodown

6th- Mortal Kombat 11
7th- Dragon Ball FighterZ
8th- Soul Calibur 6
9th- Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

-After only 40 days, Ultimate has already surpassed 1000 entrants
-Under Night in-Birth and Samurai Shodown have the highest registration numbers after the big 3
-The only other game outside of the big 3 to have a Sunday final is currently in dead last in registration numbers.

Wow.
I can't believe French Bread and SNK bribed so many people just to oppress us melee fans

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well considering we know that 3.0 and joker will come in April, this means the rest of the year can be dedicated to 2-5. That averages to 1 character per 2 months.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well considering we know that 3.0 and joker will come in April, this means the rest of the year can be dedicated to 2-5. That averages to 1 character per 2 months.
until they decide to pull a cloud and don't show **** for 4 months

D

Deleted member

I miss out on one page and this entire thread becomes impossible to understand how is this even possible

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think like for 4 the dlc will only get leaked if Nintendo themselves **** up
Pretty much

If it weren't for them keeping "brave" in the files, we really wouldn't know anything beyond Joker, and Erdrick wouldn't have been talked about, quite as much

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's already been leaked.

We just don't realize it yet because it's a text leak that no one believes.
I bet someone has already leaked my entire life through a text leak and I don't even know it.
D2TNDUTWwAEtfWb.jpg

I got to find it to make sure if I did indeed finish that sprite one day.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh, happened to see some conversation about the stages last night, the 5 + a potential stage builder created stages slot, and people saying we probably won’t get more fighters past the pass

May be me just being foolishly optimistic but consider the following: what if future fighter passes did NOT come with stages and/or music and the stages thing was only for ppl in the first pass? It’s a possibility. That, or future fighters will be released outside passes like :ultpiranha:.

Anyway that’s just my 2 cents, carry on with your ****posting

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Ultimate Social Thread. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of butt drinking most of the jokes will go over a typical guest's head. There's also the thread's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into it's characterisation - it's personal philosophy draws heavily from Sonadow literature, for instance.
The guests understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Ultimate Social Thread truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in GothFluttershy’s existencial catchphrase “i lik dugs,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Walt Disney’s epic 101 Dalmations. I’m smirking right now just imagine one of those addlepated ResetEra users scratching their heads in confusion as Cydane’s genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes, by the way, I DO have a Smashboards tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the mods’ eyes only - and even they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom