• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Want to be able to control land? Want to freeze stuff? Want to throw boulders? Want to look shiny and sturdy? Want to tug continents?
BECOME ONE OF US.
regi.jpg

ONE OF US.

D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon players who actually play F-Zero will make the next enlightenment.
fzreoooooeroeeoaoroerare.jpeg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hello, Reggie Fils-Aime here.

I will be releasing Mother 3 to the West just before I leave Nintendo.

However, it will be incredibly censored as to avoid political controversy and parents complaining about violence in what looks like a kid's game.

Please try to understand why we had to do this.

Is it bad I voted for every poll option?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, I understand. Duster saying minorities don't deserve rights probably shouldn't be in the USA release
honestly I just heard it was something to do with the Magypsies, which is strange to me as they don't seem offensive or anything.

of course that may have just been a rumor and it's just a case of Nintendo not knowing what to do or deciding against it.

but yes Duster should stop saying minorities don't deserve rights, that jerk.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just made it official on Facebook but I’ll post it here too.

Little did y’all know, I’m actually the patriarch and the matriarch of this, the third planet from our system’s solar fulcrum.

As my first public decree, I order the release of Gamers from this mortal plane.

No longer will you Rise Up in this dimension!
Begone!

D

Deleted member

honestly I just heard it was something to do with the Magypsies, which is strange to me as they don't seem offensive or anything.

of course that may have just been a rumor and it's just a case of Nintendo not knowing what to do or deciding against it.

Idk man, that scene with Lucas in the hot-spring would likely stir up a lot of controversy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Considering the incredibly effeminate nature of the Magypsies one could very well easily consider them a negative stereotype for LGBT people (especially as one line of text seemed to imply Lucas gets either molested or nearly drowned by one), and then there's Fassad who's supposed to look Arabian and is evil which I'm sure I don't need to explain why this is bad in a post 9/11 America, the incredibly blatant nazi allegory for Porky's army and the game's entire theme of being anti-capitalism may not have flown well as the game basically goes "This white dude ruined society"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Reggiegiygas will be coming to Smash as a new boss promoting Reggie's new game made in partnership with Game Freak and Shigesato Itoi.

Idk man, that scene with Lucas in the hot-spring would likely stir up a lot of controversy.
Nah man Lucas was just getting an underwater back rub.

Considering the incredibly effeminate nature of the Magypsies one could very well easily consider them a negative stereotype for LGBT people (especially as one line of text seemed to imply Lucas gets either molested or nearly drowned by one), and then there's Fassad who's supposed to look Arabian and is evil which I'm sure I don't need to explain why this is bad in a post 9/11 America, the incredibly blatant nazi allegory for Porky's army and the game's entire theme of being anti-capitalism may not have flown well as the game basically goes "This white dude ruined society"
I guess so, the Magypsies just seemed to be portrayed nicely imo, I mean they're considered good characters and the thing with Lucas just seemed like awakening his power instead of actually doing sick things to him; I do think they were probably nearly-drowning him, but their intention wasn't to kill and they let him up so idk, you could see it as kinda like getting baptized; admittedly the fade-out is suspicious, though, so I can see why people would see it being bad.

The other stuff seems true, tbh I tried to think optimistically about it but I can't think of any reasons as to why some people wouldn't take it offensively since connections are easy to make here even if they're not literal, although the only thing I can personally see as being truly offensive is the Native American-esque character ticking people off since he's exaggerated so I do think they should tweak him if they ever do release Mother 3 in the West.

what I find funny about some people possibly taking Porky as an insult to "white" people is the fact that you play as a "white" kid trying to save society...and their skin color shouldn't matter anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just made it official on Facebook but I’ll post it here too.

Little did y’all know, I’m actually the patriarch and the matriarch of this, the third planet from our system’s solar fulcrum.

As my first public decree, I order the release of Gamers from this mortal plane.

No longer will you Rise Up in this dimension!
Begone!
this is decidedly
unepic

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
While browsing for more Regigigas memes I got slapped by the late 00s
images (28).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom