• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay, I wanna know now.

Cyn Cyn is making me do top ten instead, so you all get five more consoles.

Have fun.
Xbox One: Because Killer Instinct, plus all the third parties I've pumped into it
Xbox 360: My only console for a long time. A lot of memories were made on that thing
Nintendo Switch: Portability and Smash Ultimate
PS3: The MGS Legacy Collection and PlayStation All-Stars
Nintendo Wii: First Ever game console I owned. Lot's of memories. Even if I mostly played kind of sub-par licensed games back then

Honorable Mention: PS4. Sorry bud, but the only game I bought for you that I 100% adore is the N. Sane Trilogy, and that's on Switch now. OG Spyro turned out not to be my cup of tea, SFV, FEXL and KOF14 all were kind of just okay, and I still havn't gotten around to buying many of your exclusives that interest me like God of War and Uncharted
Okay well PS4 makes the list at Number 6 now.
3DS. It could play my entire DS library and was my portable of choice for years and years until is crapped out on me at the end of last year. The fact that it's my only console ever to actually stop working and need replacing knocks is down a few spots to number 7.
Nintendo Wii U: I'm running out of console's I've owned now. And the Bayonetta series can only do so much for a console at this point. So Wii U goes at number 8.

Some may say these last two don't count, but if they don't then I can only do a top 8.
Atari Flashback: A plug-n-play console with a bunch of old Atari ROMS on it. Me and my sister used to play it all the time. We would work together and try to puzzle out Adventure and we would sing What's Opera Doc while playing, except we would say "Kill the Dwagon!" instead of "Kill the Wabbit!"
Namco Plug & Play Game Pac-Man: The REAL first video game system I ever owned. Still have it and still play it sometimes. Not only did this thing have Pac-Man, but also Bosconian, Rally-X, Galaxian, and Dig Dug! God I played Dig Dug for hours on end.

D

Deleted member

Say what you will about the Wii, but VC was dope and Nintendo still brought their A game with their first parties.

Also, Elebits is fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Okay, I wanna know now.

Cyn Cyn is making me do top ten instead, so you all get five more consoles.

Have fun.
Extra 5?
N64 - Early 3D, but SM64 was top notch and have fond memories of Ocarina of Time, MK64 and Goldeneye
X360/PS3 - Fun consoles in General, a lot of great online games. My Xbox was replaced by the PS3 at the end of its lifetime.
NES - Great console, start of many series I love.
WiiU - a pretty solid console with an awful name. XCX, SM3DW, W101 are among my favorites. Plus retro compatibilty

Never owned a Sega console myself so cant rate them.

Also, unpopular opinion, but the Wii kinda sucked. Not the Wii U, but the Wii did. It had some good games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP (which was also on the Gamecube, SS was mixed), Mario Kart, and Brawl, as well as the Prime trilogy + 3 and DKCR, but it had a lot of junk and not very good 3rd party support, as well as a trashy online system, and many games were dated by the time they came out. Plus, motion controls were a novelty, but for many games, it almost didn't work. In fact, the best games for the Wii are the ones that barely used motion control.
I feel that is alright, there is a lot of shovelware but I feel that there are quite a few interesting finds on the system that got overlooked.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
MKWii is my least favorite Mario Kart.
Might I ask
Why?
With the introduction of bikes, online mode, and tracks like we'd never seen prior, I thought it was one of the best. Not to mention the physics engine allows for some insane glitches, which I'm always down for

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Excuse me, but the Wii had Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wario Land Shake It, Sonic Colors, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
Idk, I found SSU to be the best Kirby hame between the Wii and the DS. All are still good, but Epic Yarn was a bit too easy IMO, even for Kirby standards.
Idk about WarioWare, but Shake It is unique, fun and charming, so I'll give you that.

Sonic Colors still smacks, idk how I forgot that one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
alright now for the real question of the day:

just who the **** they gon get to match xander mobus

are they even going to be english or japanese in smash, because royal's localisation isn't confirmed yet

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My XB1 collects dust nowadays. My little nephews are the only ones that play it when they visit. ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯
Damn. Oh well.

I turn mine on every day. It's the house streaming machine and my primary console. All the backwards compatibility additions and **** they add to gamepass keeps me pretty much solely on it unless I'm looking for a Sony/Nintendo exclusive that day.

I even still have my Kinect attached solely to turn it on/off and open my cable. Super convenient.

D

Deleted member

Looking back on it, the PS2 and 3 were the only PS consoles I put any amount of significant time into, lol. I've only ever touched my PS4 for Persona and Kingdom Hearts.

Sony just doesn't make the kinds of games I like anymore. As for Microsoft...Uh, I played a lot of Viva Pinata back in the day and that's it.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Also, unpopular opinion, but the Wii kinda sucked. Not the Wii U, but the Wii did. It had some good games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP (which was also on the Gamecube, SS was mixed), Mario Kart, and Brawl, as well as the Prime trilogy + 3 and DKCR, but it had a lot of junk and not very good 3rd party support, as well as a trashy online system, and many games were dated by the time they came out. Plus, motion controls were a novelty, but for many games, it almost didn't work. In fact, the best games for the Wii are the ones that barely used motion control.
Almost everything after Brawl was a letdown. 2006-2008 had Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and then Brawl. But after that, we got Skyward Sword (not bad, but apparently the least of the 3D Zeldas somehow), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (great game, but just a variant of the previous game), and Metroid: Other M (an apocalyptically bad entry for the series).

There were good and bad games both pre-Brawl and post-Brawl, but I feel that the quality declined after it.

In contrast, Xbox 360 and PS3 only ramped up from 2008 onwards, kicking ass until the end of the generation with tons of great first party and third party games. No wonder the Wii U ended up selling poorly.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Might I ask
Why?
With the introduction of bikes, online mode, and tracks like we'd never seen prior, I thought it was one of the best. Not to mention the physics engine allows for some insane glitches, which I'm always down for
Very poor item/luck balance as Nintendo was pushing too hard for the casual market at the time.
Low production values; even by Wii standards the game just doesn't look great.
Okay tracks; nothing super memorable. Music was okay.
The game's big selling point was the motion controls, but those weren't consistent at all.

In all honesty Double Dash had more personality, better item balance and better tracks/music. MKWii isn't a bad game on its own, but when I compare it to DD, DS, 7 or 8 it's easily my least favorite, no contest.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Damn. Oh well.

I turn mine on every day. It's the house streaming machine and my primary console. All the backwards compatibility additions and **** they add to gamepass keeps me pretty much solely on it unless I'm looking for a Sony/Nintendo exclusive that day.

I even still have my Kinect attached solely to turn it on/off and open my cable. Super convenient.
I stopped using it as a streaming instrument years and years ago when I bought a Smart TV. Basically, I do the opposite of you, I only dust it off when there is an exclusive I want to play on it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Aight. Which character do you want?

Fawful? Yeah I can try that. Thanks!
Haha. This is gonna be oddly specific, since it's not a Smash character, but you know Roger the Alien from American Dad?

Him..but in disguise as a Black Mage from Final Fantasy.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Almost everything after Brawl was a letdown. 2006-2008 had Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and then Brawl. But after that, we got Skyward Sword (not bad, but apparently the least of the 3D Zeldas somehow), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (great game, but just a variant of the previous game), and Metroid: Other M (an apocalyptically bad entry for the series).

There were good and bad games both pre-Brawl and post-Brawl, but I feel that the quality declined after it.

In contrast, Xbox 360 and PS3 only ramped up from 2008 onwards, kicking *** until the end of the generation with tons of great first party and third party games. No wonder the Wii U ended up selling poorly.
What they were able to squeeze out of the Xbox 360 hardware still boggles my mind.

That old piece of 2005 tech ran Gears 3, Destiny and ****ing Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's astounding how developers managed to milk the hardware for all it was worth.

I even played Dragon Age Inquisition on it. It ran like absolute **** but it did run, which is kind of amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario Kart Wii had Wario's Wario Ware bike. That's enough for me to love it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay but Mushroom Gorge, Toad's Factory, and Maple Treeway were all amazing though and they shall never be slandered. :p

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Very poor item/luck balance as Nintendo was pushing too hard for the casual market at the time.
Low production values; even by Wii standards the game just doesn't look great.
The game's big selling point was the motion controls, but those weren't consistent at all.

In all honesty Double Dash had more personality, better item balance and better tracks/music. MKWii isn't a bad game on its own, but when I compare it to DD, DS, 7 or 8 it's easily my least favorite, no contest.
I can agree for the most part
It did have very randomized items and every race relied heavily on luck
I guess I'm coming from a different perspective though, being one who mostly plays Time Trials
The the amount of possibilities available from the combination bikes and MKWii's unique physics engine make it feel almost like an "open world" Mario Kart, it that makes sense
Although, I realize the general audience and standard Mario Kart player would likely skip over this entirely, and that's understandable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

guys I’m quitting quick play forever because I’m getting beaten up so much that my gps for peach is dropping low and these match ups aren’t great. I’m sticking to battle arenas for now on.

IMO This is the worse thing smash online has ever had since smash 4
:mad:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hate that Mario Kart 7 took like all of the best Mario Kart Wii tracks, so we got the scraps come Mario Kart 8.
I'm cool with it.

I played MK7 way more than MKWii. :p

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
guys I’m quitting quick play forever because I’m getting beaten up so much that my gps for peach is dropping low and these match ups aren’t great. I’m sticking to battle arenas for now on.

IMO This is the worse thing smash online has ever had since smash 4
:mad:
Smash has always had bad Online. Won't change because people criticize the game and not Nintendo for making exclusively Japan-friendly netplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom