• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
The thing isn't that Steve doesn't fit the game, its that people don't like him, his game and the things associated with it.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. There are a lot of arguments against Steve that I really don't understand.
"'Cause Minecraft is bad" is about what the core of the argument is once you get through the fan rules that have totally never been broken ever.

'Cause Smash has never had a character that moves awkwardly or stiffly on purpose. :ultgnw::ultrob::ultmegaman:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still wish Captain Toad was a playable characters...next generation

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Minecraft is a very enjoyable game to play with friends, and some really impressive stuff has been made in it, like that one guy that made a playable Pokémon Blue on Minecraft, or the huge detailed maps people make. As long as you ignore the absurd amount of 8 years olds recording themselves raging over their house being destroyed by other 8 years olds, it's a game with lots of interesting content.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
:ultwiifittrainer::ultcorrin::ultrobin::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultgnw:

Literally every argument I've seen used against Steve can be used against these characters as well, and yet, here we are.
To be fair, :ultcorrin: and especially :ultrobin: are pretty defined characters in the story of Fates and Awakening, it's just the player customizes their appearance and how they function in gameplay. Their characterization is pretty much set in stone.

Although, the other 4 do stand.

New direct rumor inbound, my dudes
https://www.twitter.com/Na4os12/status/1086798976773488641
Not likely anything smash related will appear, but I might as well give the heads up
If this is true, then I'll ironically be on a train when the direct is airing. Literal hype train.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Minecraft is a very enjoyable game to play with friends, and some really impressive stuff has been made in it, like that one guy that made a playable Pokémon Blue on Minecraft, or the huge detailed maps people make. As long as you ignore the absurd amount of 8 years olds recording themselves raging over their house being destroyed by other 8 years olds, it's a game with lots of interesting content.
Pretty much my thoughts on the game.
I got kicked from a server because I was wearing a Wario skin. What the crap.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
'Aite. Question time.

For those whose most wanted character (or one of your most wanted characters depending on how realistic your requests are) is in the game as a spirit, do you use their spirit often? Do you like its effects? And are you happy with its ranking (like I'm sure Geno was given a 4 star legend status as a kind of acknowledgement of his popularity)?

Personally I'm happy with the Skull Kid/Majora's Mask spirit. Getting the legend status is nice and the secondary effect (lifesteal) is really useful. I ended up using him for a lot of World of Light and now have him equipped on many Spirits battles unless they're difficult enough to require a specific setup.

How's about you?
Well, Dovahkiin's no Spirit...not that I'd expected it.

But Tails? I'm pissed. He deserves so much better than what he got. I'm trying to use his support as much as possible (which is tough since I used Harriet way too much in WoL) just to get him listed as 'favorite support,' but he deserves better. Especially since he's the only one from the Sonic core team that isn't primary (Knux, Shadow, Eggman are all primary). And the fact that Tails' spirit is redundant - he increases uSpecial, and is right next to the Shine Sprite, Mewm and Wind Fish spirits that increase all specials for the same cost. Even his battle is wrong: why he's not represented by Fox with a Super Leaf (which would give him a float and a second tail) is beyond me. For Sonic's BFF, he should absolutely have been a Legend class, and have been primary.

Skull Kid's is great though, and Lifesteal helped me quite a lot through WoL. Also the Skull Kid Mii is damn near perfect, so I'm not too fussed about him now.

I would have liked if the Champions had been higher rating. It is weird that the four of them are not all the same (Urbosa and Daruk are primary, Mipha and Revali are support), but since Urbosa is my hands-down favorite, I'm okay with it. I didn't get to use her much though.

Arcanine is an interesting case - I wasn't expecting my favorite mon to show up at all, so I love that he got something. Still, with other mons getting primary status (like Rapidash), I'm a bit annoyed he's not primary as well. I'd try to get Arcanine on my 'most played' list if it weren't for the fact that Tails is poorly placed.

Noipoi

Howdy!
'Aite. Question time.

For those whose most wanted character (or one of your most wanted characters depending on how realistic your requests are) is in the game as a spirit, do you use their spirit often? Do you like its effects? And are you happy with its ranking (like I'm sure Geno was given a 4 star legend status as a kind of acknowledgement of his popularity)?

Personally I'm happy with the Skull Kid/Majora's Mask spirit. Getting the legend status is nice and the secondary effect (lifesteal) is really useful. I ended up using him for a lot of World of Light and now have him equipped on many Spirits battles unless they're difficult enough to require a specific setup.

How's about you?
Ashley and Geno's spirits are used all the damn time. It helps that they're legendary with good buffs, gives me an excuse to use them constantly.

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
It would completely ruin the playstyle of zoners like Villager and Isabelle and instantly kill any of their potential viability if you did that.

It wouldn't be a good move.
It’d also ruin my own play style as an Olimar main. Olimar is made to throw Pikmin at people and if that gets punished, then I’d be screwed more than someone having a Franklin Badge.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
:ultwiifittrainer::ultcorrin::ultrobin::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultgnw:

Literally every argument I've seen used against Steve can be used against these characters as well, and yet, here we are.
Power Glove for smash DLC!

Interesting to note how many of those are the "this is the weird character for the game" (and then rpg avatar which is already the next step up)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, it's not nearly done yet, but I decided to upload a preview of my next YTP now because I have exams coming up.
Enjoy or whatever lol

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
Okay, it's not nearly done yet, but I decided to upload a preview of my next YTP now because I have exams coming up.
Enjoy or whatever lol
YTPs have a special place in my heart because one was my first YouTube video I had ever watched. I like it so far! Maybe before ‘everyone died the end’, it can be emphasized with an explosion sound? Just an idea!

D

Deleted member

YTPs have a special place in my heart because one was my first YouTube video I had ever watched. I like it so far! Maybe before ‘everyone died the end’, it can be emphasized with an explosion sound? Just an idea!
Thank you! and that's a great idea, thanks again! :laugh:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Steve is an ugly ******* and i'll never be okay with how he looks, but the moveset potential is there so i'll allow it.
Remember, all the looks of a character change when they get into Smash. Look at the original Ice Climbers, and now look at the adorable Smash Ice Climbers. And, this doesn't just delegate to retro fighters. K. Rool has both a jewel and metallic armor, and Donkey Kong looks much more furry than before.

D

Deleted member

I just want a new UA3 trailer featuring the Fantastic Four, alongside DK and Metroid stuff.

I will only get excited when the Direct is official.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, Dovahkiin's no Spirit...not that I'd expected it.

But Tails? I'm pissed. He deserves so much better than what he got. I'm trying to use his support as much as possible (which is tough since I used Harriet way too much in WoL) just to get him listed as 'favorite support,' but he deserves better. Especially since he's the only one from the Sonic core team that isn't primary (Knux, Shadow, Eggman are all primary). And the fact that Tails' spirit is redundant - he increases uSpecial, and is right next to the Shine Sprite, Mewm and Wind Fish spirits that increase all specials for the same cost. Even his battle is wrong: why he's not represented by Fox with a Super Leaf (which would give him a float and a second tail) is beyond me. For Sonic's BFF, he should absolutely have been a Legend class, and have been primary.

Skull Kid's is great though, and Lifesteal helped me quite a lot through WoL. Also the Skull Kid Mii is damn near perfect, so I'm not too fussed about him now.

I would have liked if the Champions had been higher rating. It is weird that the four of them are not all the same (Urbosa and Daruk are primary, Mipha and Revali are support), but since Urbosa is my hands-down favorite, I'm okay with it. I didn't get to use her much though.

Arcanine is an interesting case - I wasn't expecting my favorite mon to show up at all, so I love that he got something. Still, with other mons getting primary status (like Rapidash), I'm a bit annoyed he's not primary as well. I'd try to get Arcanine on my 'most played' list if it weren't for the fact that Tails is poorly placed.
I feel the same way regarding Tails, he should have a bigger role in general considering he's Sonic sidekick.

Speaking of Pokémon Spirits, I'm surprised that there aren't more Enhanceable Spirits among them.

Like, they have Groudon and Kyogre as Enhanceable, but not Pokémon like Metagross and Tyranitar?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel the same way regarding Tails, he should have a bigger role in general considering he's Sonic sidekick.
Well you get Shadow and Knuckles as AT characters and Amy as a “bigger of importance spirit” than Tails...yay

D

Deleted member

So I was reading the comic that Sam is from and I ****ing died of laughter at this panel (don't worry it's a sfw panel)
I was gonna use it to wake up the thread but that already happened so yeah
Edit: Oh **** did I break the thread

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I was reading the comic that Sam is from and I ****ing died of laughter at this panel (don't worry it's a sfw panel)
I was gonna use it to wake up the thread but that already happened so yeah
Edit: Oh **** did I break the thread
I don’t get it

Pakky

Smash Hero
I just realized Lycanroc got BTFO'ed not even considered, damn.

Sorry to those guys, but honestly claiming that it was the mascot for gen 7 is a steep statement to make.

Olive branch to the owl boys though. (Even though I have my reservations on his transition into smash)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom