• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Mario hired him to do this
Aren’t they friends now?
Sonic practically is/might aswell be a Nintendo character anyways
With the Nintendo DLC in Lost World and the Mario & Sonic crossover titles who could deny it? Plus the Sonic Advance and Rush series. Like who the **** played Rivals?

He’s lowkey hiding Nintendo memorabilia in his closet.

D

Deleted member

Oh Nice I didn't miss 1000 Pages! Anyways how's everyone feeling about the direct? Hyped? Cause I certainly am man, I know none of my wanted characters are gonna show up but I'm still fairly hyped.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
At this point, I'm just along for the ride. I don't really have any predictions and/or expectations for the Direct. I'd just like to see how it turns out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

If Steve is “Brave”, I better mach-see this thread behave right with the Steve supporters.

Steve is the main character of what could be considered the Dragon Quest of the sandbox genre, so having him in Smash is a great and fantastic deal. And it also opens the gate for more possible Microsoft reps in the future.
Behave right at the same time if “Brave” ends up being Erdrick, Eight, anyone from the Bravely series, Agumon or even someone we may not expect too.

As long as we treat everyone with respet, things will be fine between us.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good morning, Smashboards! How are you guys? Today is Direct day as you all know. Ya all ready?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Didn't Sonic Forces and Mania on Switch sell like more than the other 3 versions combined or something like that?

Yeah, Sonic is about as much of a Nintendo character as Bayonetta is at this point. Might as well be but technically ain't.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Oh Nice I didn't miss 1000 Pages! Anyways how's everyone feeling about the direct? Hyped? Cause I certainly am man, I know none of my wanted characters are gonna show up but I'm still fairly hyped.
I'm 99% sure that Erdrick will be in, so I'm not really hyped for the reveal. As for the other games, I only want to get new info on Pokémon Switch and maybe the release date for Digimon Survive, really.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
"oh my god. it's Erdrick, who could've seen this coming?"
Well, one of my friends didn’t think the Simon leaks were real so he (big Castlevania fan) practically deafened everyone in the call with his screams, so if that can happen Erdrick can surprise people lol

D

Deleted member

I'm 99% sure that Erdrick will be in, so I'm not really hyped for the reveal. As for the other games, I only want to get new info on Pokémon Switch and maybe the release date for Digimon Survive, really.
Yeah Erdrick seems to have a 99% chance of happening and I kind of just want to get it over with so we can speculate about other things. Hopefully Joker gets shown off and plays interestingly.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I can't wait to get stupidly hyped/obsessed over some random **** that got announced during the direct that nobody else really cares about
*sigh* it'll be like 2014 all over again

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to get stupidly hyped/obsessed over some random **** that got announced during the direct that nobody else really cares about
*sigh* it'll be like 2014 all over again
Case in point: K.Rool and/or Mach Rider in Mario Kart and the Fantastic Four in Ultimate Alliance 3.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I can’t wait for this site to melt down when we get a Joker trailer and a release date, but no further Smash reveals

D

Deleted member

The only things I'm hoping for in the direct are 1) Maaayyybe Mother 3, Very unlikely 2) Geno in Smash, Super unlikely 3) Joker gameplay, Now this is likely 4) A new F-Zero, Super unlikely as well. Oh well it's still gonna be a fun direct.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Honestly, I really want to see how Joker’s stage looks and plays like.
It’ll be Mementos and everyone will scream that this confirms the 5chan leak even though the fact that we didn’t get a Direct in January already deconfirms it

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can’t wait for this site to melt down when we get a Joker trailer and a release date, but no further Smash reveals
This is probably gonna be our last Direct before E3...

I'd be surprised if brave isn't shown off today...

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Yeah Erdrick seems to have a 99% chance of happening and I kind of just want to get it over with so we can speculate about other things. Hopefully Joker gets shown off and plays interestingly.
Not Goku Erdrick has been the character of discussion for quite some time now, I'm also ready for them to just go ahead and reveal him and crush the whole Brave thing so people will remember that there's still 3 unannounced fighters left after that.

D

Deleted member

It’ll be Mementos and everyone will scream that this confirms the 5chan leak even though the fact that we didn’t get a Direct in January already deconfirms it
Lol, good one.
In my case, I only believe stuff when Nintendo makes it official.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

Mewtwo was announced for Sm4sh in November and it took until April for him to get a trailer.
It turned out this was because they were also developing Lucas alongside him.
Joker was announced in December. It’s February. That’s only two months. While I expect this is at least enough time for Joker to be in a somewhat playable state and for a trailer of him to be shown off, the most we could get of Fighter Pack 2 is a little animation like how Joker was originally revealed.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Either we just get a Joker gameplay trailer, meaning there's a good chance we get a double reveal/"available now" type reveal at E3

Or

We get a reveal tonight in the Direct

It's pretty much one or the other.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
"Is that really ****ing it? Omg worst direct yet"
I love how so many people have STILL been losing it over Smash, even though we've been getting spoiled by it since E3 of last year.

D

Deleted member

Either we just get a Joker gameplay trailer, meaning there's a good chance we get a double reveal/"available now" type reveal at E3

Or

We get a reveal tonight in the Direct

It's pretty much one or the other.
It is worth to note that the first gameplay of Mewtwo and Lucas’s reveal both happened in the same General Direct.
It is possible that something similar can happen tonight, but I prefer to keep my expectations at zero.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mewtwo was announced for Sm4sh in November and it took until April for him to get a trailer.
It turned out this was because they were also developing Lucas alongside him.
Joker was announced in December. It’s February. That’s only two months. While I expect this is at least enough time for Joker to be in a somewhat playable state and for a trailer of him to be shown off, the most we could get of Fighter Pack 2 is a little animation like how Joker was originally revealed.
Plus Sakurai said Mewtwo was pretty much done in a January interview or something, meaning Mewtwo was likely finished in both versions. The game most likely went gold at the end of November meaning it's been 3 months since they focused solely on the DLC

D

Deleted member

"Is that really ****ing it? Omg worst direct yet"
I love how so many people have STILL been losing it over Smash, even though we've been getting spoiled by it since E3 of last year.
I will be fine just with a new UA3 trailer featuring the Fantastic Four, maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy and hopefully a new F-Zero/Mach Rider.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
at this point I'm hoping I don't have more people hitting the telephone pole outside my house. Hearing the cables pull away from your house is in interesting sound.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Steve is the main character of what could be considered the Dragon Quest of the sandbox genre
Ehh... it's more the Final Fantasy of the sandbox genre.

Minecraft didn't invent the Sandbox genre, but it worked to make it mainstream.

D

Deleted member

Ehh... it's more the Final Fantasy of the sandbox genre.

Minecraft didn't invent the Sandbox genre, but it worked to make it mainstream.
Yeah, maybe Final Fantasy was a better comparison to make

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
pick one, folks:
  • joker reveal, release tomorrow, no erdrick until e3
  • joker + erdrick reveal, release in may

D

Deleted member

pick one, folks:
  • joker reveal, release tomorrow, no erdrick until e3
  • joker + erdrick reveal, release in may
A vague release date for Joker, and maybe a reveal, probably Erdrick.

where's the elma option see this is why we don't invite you to gang meetups

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom