• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They were made by westerners, but they’re owned by Nintendo. A Japanese company.
Also you said it yourself, Shovel Knight is an assist trophy. They don’t count.
Owned by Nintendo or not, they were still made by westerners. Plus, Nintendo owning Smash Bros does not mean western characters can't get in, or else Shovel Knight would not get in as anything at all. A western character can still get in.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have absolutely no idea how anyone thinks Steve even has a sliver of a chance.
He is a western character. There are no western characters in Smash. Enough said.
Shovel Knight.

Also, there weren't any third party characters until Snake was added. There could only be one character per third party company until Ryu was added. Characters had to star in games on Nintendo consoles until Cloud was added. Characters had to be major gaming icons that everyone would recognize until Bayonetta was added. There could only be one character per third party series until Richter was added.

I'm not saying it's likely, but the only consistent rules that we have for third party characters are that they're major characters in their respective series and they originated in video games, and the first one isn't even a guarantee. (we could wind up with Slime from Dragon Quest for all we know)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If we reach it while I'm gone, pls bless page 999 with Game & Watch Memes in my absence

thank you

On another note, I'd bet we're getting at least one western character in the fighter pack, especially if Brave turns out to be a DQ character, who'd very much be designed to appeal to Japanese audiences

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
What is the game that you know will never happen, but really really want it to show up at the direct anyway? For me, it’s an HD remake of the Mario Galaxies.

D

Deleted member

If anyone remembers that comic a lot of people completely missed the point on
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, when will the "Western characters will never happen" mentality stop. Do you guys really think Sakurai is xenophobic towards non-Japanese games?

D

Deleted member

They're trying way too hard to make this look edgy and epic.
After seeing the Aladdin trailer, I am glad that Frozen 2 at least looks neat.
I’ll take a good-looking and neat animated movie over a dull and boring live-action remake.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

this is the funniest exchange I've seen on this website

why is he so heated
hey, ******, don't ask why he's heated like some asshole it's a serious ****ing subject and he needs to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know that he completely doesn't care, at all, nope no way, **** you

LetterO

Smash Lord
Aladdin looks terrible but the meme potential it has with Will Smith excites me more than Frozen 2.

D

Deleted member

I have absolutely no idea how anyone thinks Steve even has a sliver of a chance.
He is a western character. There are no western characters in Smash. Enough said.
Dark Samus, K. Rool, and Diddy Kong are all western characters.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
hey, ******, don't ask why he's heated like some ******* it's a serious ****ing subject and he needs to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know that he completely doesn't care, at all, nope no way, **** you
listen here you walking sack of goose intestines, there is not a single square centimeter of my body, inside or out, that cares even to the slightest what you have to say. Which is why I have decided to reply to specifically let you know such a thing

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
listen here you walking sack of goose intestines, there is not a single square centimeter of my body, inside or out, that cares even to the slightest what you have to say. Which is why I have decided to reply to specifically let you know such a thing
why do they call it a burn if it's ice cold

D

Deleted member

come on man how are you just gonna upstage my comment like that with such wondrous phrasing

D

Deleted member

Lol.
Maybe that user won’t want to make a snowman with me...

Oh wait... It never snows in Gran Canaria.
Well... then what about a sandman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom