• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My apologies, guys... Sorry if that caused too much of a ruckus...
Sorry everyone, sorry SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
Let's just drop it here, before it gets too out of hand
You guys really think we'll get our next DLC character reveal tomorrow? Because I'm trying to keep expectations low of being disappointed at the possibility of just Joker game play and then having to wait until freakin E3 for something!
Imo, we are very likely finding out who Brave is, tomorrow. This is probably gonna be our last direct before E3, and I feel waiting til E3 makes no sense.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
90% of hype train images seem to use Smash 4 art.

Where’s my hype train art with Ultimate renders???

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
It's gonna suck having to watch the direct without good Wi-Fi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I had to watch the Ridley reveal on my phone with spotty cell signal at a bus stop in Geneva, Switzerland. Hopefully your experience will be superior to that.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Here we have the Steve Stans and their natural enemy, the Banjo Bros.

Let's watch as they fight for this territory.
And over there you can see the Chief Chads. They are waiting patiently for the territory to free up when both sides inevitably murder each other.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm bracing for the inevitable that "Brave" is Byleth revealed alongside the new info about Three Houses.

Yay for generic swordsmen! As if we don't have enough of those!

:ultike::ultmarth::ultroy::ultchrom:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
SUPER MARIO [FAN-MADE]

Masked Marshmallow Masked Marshmallow notice something familiar about this?
I'm reminded every time I see Geno grouped together with the rest of the Mario cast how much I want him to be listed under his own "Super Mario RPG" franchise.

Say what you want, but he really doesn't blend in all too well.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm bracing for the inevitable that "Brave" is Byleth revealed alongside the new info about Three Houses.

Tbh, I like that we have many FE characters with the same type of moveset...

Each character having some slight variations on each other, means you can very easily get used to one, if you commonly use the other...

And let's be real, here... aside from :ultlucina:, they all have enough differences to feel unique from each other

I'd be all for another Marth

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can I ask you guys a favor? I won't be able to keep a super good eye on the thread during the Direct so you think y'all can stay chilled out? I don't mean like no hype but just don't go right off the rails you know? Keep it civil.

Ok, thanks, you're the bestest.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Can I ask you guys a favor? I won't be able to keep a super good eye on the thread during the Direct so you think y'all can stay chilled out? I don't mean like no hype but just don't go right off the rails you know? Keep it civil.

Knowing our luck, something crazy will probably happen.

Like uh... a herd of moose will charge through the thread!

D

Deleted member

Since I now got time to do the usual predictions list everyone's been doing, guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. Presenting...

TotsBS's Predictions for the 2.13/14.2019 Nintendo Direct!

Alright, so let's get this out of the way.
  • Mother 3
  • Rex & Pyra reveal for Smash Ultimate
  • Final Fantasy VII OUT NOW
Now that we got the big three, now it's time for some predictions.

• Joker gameplay for Smash Ultimate and official reveal, with a release date. It's been two months since the reveal, and if they wanna keep a smooth schedule for these five packs before February 2020, I can't think of a better event to finally reveal him.
  • While we're on the topic, Persona 5 Switch. **** waiting for March, just do it now.
  • SNES games reveal to coordinate with "Nintendo wanting to "boost" the performance of NSO". They have those games supposedly in the code in the NES Virtual Console App, so what's the hold up?
  • Bayonetta 3. It's been since The Game Awards 2017. I don't think it's wise to continue to keep this under wraps much longer. Just give us some of that nice femme fatale action we all come to know and love, and see where the hell Balder fits into all of this.
  • Some more ports, maybe even surprise ones like how we had with Okami HD.
  • Super Mario Maker 2. I think a sequel is on the way, instead of the whole "Deluxe" route. They know people have been pracitcally BEGGING for Mario Maker on the Switch in some fashion, so I expect this. What matters the most? What they've learned from the past and all the new additions.
  • Final Fantasy VII and IX release dates. We've gotten release dates for X + X-2 HD Remaster and XII THE ZODIAC AGE, so what about the other two? I don't think it'd take THAT long to port those games.
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition gameplay and release date. It's been since September, we gotta have at least SOME update on it.
  • Hopefully Metroid Prime Trilogy and Animal Crossing so that we can finally have solice with these two titles. Especially the former, so people can get caught up before Metroid Prime 4 comes. Plenty of time to get through those games, at this point.
  • How about any updates to the godawful online, while we're at it? Please? Thx.
And that's about it. Anything else is all good, or bad. Y'never know.

Noipoi

Howdy!

As the official thread babysitter i'll do my best to make sure these kids don't trash the place.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

we ain’t the best until we get a newcomer nobody sees coming once again

Shroob

Sup?

That's like asking a tornado to please skip your house.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Tbh, I like that we have many FE characters with the same type of moveset...

Each character having some slight variations on each other, means you can very easily get used to one, if you commonly use the other...

And let's be real, here... aside from :ultlucina:, they all have enough differences to feel unique from each other
I'm the exact opposite. I think it's more than a little annoying that Marth players hit the clone character jackpot and can technically get away with saying that they main four characters. Meanwhile, characters with more unique movesets that can't be copied and pasted onto literally anyone with a sword have virtually no hope of receiving any kind of clone in the future.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Another swordsman couldn't add anything new to the roster.

Now, Ness 2: Quota Boogaloo, that's what we need!

D

Deleted member

This will have the same effect as a teacher asking their students to remain seated while they're out of the classroom

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Since I now got time to do the usual predictions list everyone's been doing, guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. Presenting...

TotsBS's Predictions for the 2.13/14.2019 Nintendo Direct!

Alright, so let's get this out of the way.
  • Mother 3
  • Rex & Pyra reveal for Smash Ultimate
  • Final Fantasy VII OUT NOW
Now that we got the big three, now it's time for some predictions.

• Joker gameplay for Smash Ultimate and official reveal, with a release date. It's been two months since the reveal, and if they wanna keep a smooth schedule for these five packs before February 2020, I can't think of a better event to finally reveal him.
  • While we're on the topic, Persona 5 Switch. **** waiting for March, just do it now.
  • SNES games reveal to coordinate with "Nintendo wanting to "boost" the performance of NSO". They have those games supposedly in the code in the NES Virtual Console App, so what's the hold up?
  • Bayonetta 3. It's been since The Game Awards 2017. I don't think it's wise to continue to keep this under wraps much longer. Just give us some of that nice femme fatale action we all come to know and love, and see where the hell Balder fits into all of this.
  • Some more ports, maybe even surprise ones like how we had with Okami HD.
  • Super Mario Maker 2. I think a sequel is on the way, instead of the whole "Deluxe" route. They know people have been pracitcally BEGGING for Mario Maker on the Switch in some fashion, so I expect this. What matters the most? What they've learned from the past and all the new additions.
  • Final Fantasy VII and IX release dates. We've gotten release dates for X + X-2 HD Remaster and XII THE ZODIAC AGE, so what about the other two? I don't think it'd take THAT long to port those games.
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition gameplay and release date. It's been since September, we gotta have at least SOME update on it.
  • Hopefully Metroid Prime Trilogy and Animal Crossing so that we can finally have solice with these two titles. Especially the former, so people can get caught up before Metroid Prime 4 comes. Plenty of time to get through those games, at this point.
  • How about any updates to the godawful online, while we're at it? Please? Thx.
And that's about it. Anything else is all good, or bad. Y'never know.
Don’t forget CHADRICKS reveal
F9E81BC7-2663-41F2-A950-9773892397B7.png

“Can’t wait to see you all during the direct!”

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I love it when people make sarcastic jabs at characters that aren't even confirmed.

"We have no proof this character is in the game yet but I'm going to preemptively complain about them anyway".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom