• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I wish I could time travel and see the full game's DLC. So I could come back and post it as a leak, just to obliterate every other leak ever.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Why do I always come back to the literal worst conversations?

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
So, assuming Smash is now 20, what was everyone's first experience with series?

I remember Melee being played at my cousins' house, but I was pretty young then, so I don't think I played it that much

Then, fast forward to some time in either 2008 or 2009, we're at our cousins' house once again. This time, they had Brawl... Being older, and already getting hooked on gaming thanks to the Wii craze at the time (who I'll also thank my cousins for introducing me to), I picked up a controller, and picked :yoshi2:... It was a blast. So much so, that it was basically tradition that whenever we went to their house, one of the first things we did was play a couple rounds of Brawl. My family loved it so much, that we ended up buying our own copy of it, and it was likely our most played Wii game...

So, if it weren't for Brawl, I probably wouldn't be on these boards, or part of other multiple Nintendo fandoms... So I'm gonna take a second to thank Brawl for introducing me to Smash, and a ton of other amazing Nintendo franchises.
I’ll join in on this. My first Smash game was Melee, but I didn’t own it. I had borrowed it from a friend a few times and never really unlocked everyone. But I still had loads of fun. I was in elementary school and loved playing as Marth because I thought him speaking another language was super cool. Still, it wasn’t my game and I had to return it whenever I borrowed it. My friend and I drifted apart and it was only until middle school when Brawl came out when I came back to the game.

I will openly admit that Meta Knight was my main for a while. He was the inspiration behind my current username after playing Brawl where as the ‘Giga’ part had the first two letters of my real name. But after a while of playing as Meta Knight, I realized that I was total trash for playing as him. Sure, I was winning a lot, but playing Meta Knight in Brawl required little to no skill. (“Victory is my destiny,” is right.)

So, I decided to get better. And how I would do that was choosing the protagonist from my favorite GameCube game: Olimar. It was hard at first because I was used to being super fast and able to fly. But after a few matches, I just clicked with him. Unfortunately, I played Brawl so much (especially Subspace Emissary) that it became scratched up and virtually unplayable. Rip.

High school came around and eventually, so did Smash 4. Money was tight, so I didn’t really have a Wii U. I did, however, have a 3DS. So after getting it on the e-shop, I was back with my main. I was really relieved that Olimar stayed because he really wasn’t that popular. If he was cut, then I would have been heartbroken. But with him still on the roster, I got used to his new play style and began to play online.

Lots of my current friends really judged me at first for playing as Olimar because of how unpopular he was. But after showing how awesome he could be, they stopped making fun of my choice of main.

Today, he’s still my main and I don’t even touch Meta Knight. Which is ironic, given where my username comes from. Recently, I drew something as a recollection of how many sexy swordsman were around. And then there was me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I
fictional animals
As long as it's not real ones.

Speaking of fictional animals, Mileena better be in MK11. I'm still worried they're gonna leave her dead in a game about time travel.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah, unfortunately the gameplay hasn't aged the best to be honest.
The first Shantae could benefit very well from a remake.

Get rid of the GBC screen crunch and add the quality of life improvements from future games (like faster transformations, no lives) and I think that would improve it a ton.

The original is still a solid game, just one that could some touching up to make it better.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
How about some alts of your most/one of your wanted?

John Martson (His is easy to choose outfits from in comparison to Arthur)
Default Appearance (Aka his Cowboy outfit in RDR1)
Gloves, and Bandolier w/o coat: Based on the boxart of the same game
Legend of the West outfit
Gentleman's Attire: Grants John access to the High Stakes Poker Club in Blackwater
His Appearance in the 4th/1st chapter of RDR2
His zombified appearance at the post-game of RDR Undead Nightmare
Mexican Poncho
Deadly Assassin (One of the three costumes you get from preordering RDR1 at gamestop before it became a general purchase)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom