• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This took a turn for the weird
Hey, I'm not the one who brought up Slyveon's butt, alright?
I think we can all agree that we need a direct announcement at this point.
Yes.
How about some alts of your most/one of your wanted?

John Martson (His is easy to choose outfits from in comparison to Arthur)
Default Appearance (Aka his Cowboy outfit in RDR1)
Gloves, and Bandolier w/o coat: Based on the boxart of the same game
Legend of the West outfit
Gentleman's Attire: Grants John access to the High Stakes Poker Club in Blackwater
His Appearance in the 4th chapter in RDR2, or in the 1st chapter in the same game
His zombified appearance at the post-game of RDR Undead Nightmare
Mexican Poncho
Deadly Assassin (One of the three costumes you get from preordering RDR1 at gamestop before it became a general purchase
I want Old Snake as alt of Snake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't know how credible the wiki is but it seems supposedly Rex and Spring Man were at the least briefly considered.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSBU)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - In an interview with Nintendo Dream, Sakurai confirms that due to bad timing, no Xenobalde Chronicles 2 could not be added in.

ARMS - In an interview with Nintendo Dream, Sakurai confirms that Arms could not be added in along with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 due to bad timing.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Everyone’s just talking about Smash’s anniversary...but a surperior games anniversary is also today.
41794168-4970-4F72-9752-DE5A60557313.jpeg
I’m kidding don’t kill me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In all honestly I doubt it. Mileena is probably too popular to cut out.
You'd think that, but Ed Boon has shown a history of not giving a **** about character popularity or maintaining similar rosters all the way back to MK3 when they didn't put in Scorpion. MK9->MKX and Injustice->Injustice 2 both had major roster overhauls and significant cuts.

Skarlet's total redesign and prominence in their MK11 reveal could function as a Mileena replacement of sorts. It's what I'm worried about.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You'd think that, but Ed Boon has shown a history of not giving a **** about character popularity or maintaining similar rosters all the way back to MK3 when they didn't put in Scorpion. MK9->MKX and Injustice->Injustice 2 both had major roster overhauls and significant cuts.

Skarlet's total redesign and prominence in their MK11 reveal could function as a Mileena replacement of sorts. It's what I'm worried about.
Technically speaking though Scorpion had been in every MK game since UMK3 was just an updated MK3.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Gentleman's Attire: Grants John access to the High Stakes Poker Club in Blackwater
His Appearance in the 4th/1st chapter of RDR2
Mexican Poncho
Deadly Assassin (One of the three costumes you get from preordering RDR1 at gamestop before it became a general purchase
This is a character that's already in game but I would like a Shadow Mewtwo alt. I was kinda expecting it to be in the game since we have Pikachu Libre as an alt but we still have the old Shadow Lugia palette swap unfortunately.

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice

Mexican Poncho
I’d like more of the Pikmin Captains to be alts. I’d totally be choosing to be Louie. Because you can’t go wrong with the guy that screwed everyone over in both Pikmin 2 and 3

D

Deleted member

I have an idea:

During February, we should make Little Shop Of Horrors ****posts to celebrate Piranha Plant’s release.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Mexican Poncho
Is it too much to ask for Rayman to have these costumes if he makes it in?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
https://youtu.be/kXyuq7H7-v8?t=968
A fine recap of a certain leak.
The Grinch then laid his tremendous gut on the weak back of the Smash community

Grinch: Trying to SD sweet heart?

SC: No this is to wonderful~

That's what happened.

Then from no where two LARGE BEEFY shadows.

Feeling a disturbance in the sphincter the Grinch looked over his shoulder and gasped

Grinch: KEN! AND INCENIROAR???

Ken:Yeah fat so you've waggled your last wiggle

Inceniroar: meow! :3

*party music starts*

Grinch: NO NOT THIS WAY, SAVE ME!

Ken and Inceniroar then mash the little green man against their girthy chest.

Truffle shuffling was no use against these large men as their combined powers shot the Grinch into the blast zone.

fin

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Noipoi, I am deeply disappointed you didn't use this...
...or at least include the "Shame on you".
I can't decide if I like that one or not.

Like, overall, I think it's probably their worst movie special, and I hate Chilled's voice, and as a total video it doesn't come together as a full experience like most of their stuff (which is likely a fault of the source material not being good or necessary either).

That said, I quote it all the ****ing time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
See? You don’t need me.

Though I will say you have to do that for one that doesn’t seem like it could be smashed at first. Remember that the Elephant can dash over gaps...
Yeah. I’ve done that a few times. Thing is, there are some things that looks Mashable, but thing is I can’t break them due to their placement.t

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can't decide if I like that one or not.

Like, overall, I think it's probably their worst movie special, and I hate Chilled's voice, and as a total video it doesn't come together as a full experience like most of their stuff (which is likely a fault of the source material not being good or necessary either).

That said, I quote it all the ****ing time.
Honestly I thought their worst special was either this one or Broly. Last one is maybe a hot take but I didn't find their version interesting, particularly with vanilla Broly's personality.

Then again they can only work with the source material, and those two were some of the series' weakest content at the time.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
The Grinch then laid his tremendous gut on the weak back of the Smash community

Grinch: Trying to SD sweet heart?

SC: No this is to wonderful~

That's what happened.

Then from no where two LARGE BEEFY shadows.

Feeling a disturbance in the sphincter the Grinch looked over his shoulder and gasped

Grinch: KEN! AND INCENIROAR???

Ken:Yeah fat so you've waggled your last wiggle

Inceniroar: meow! :3

*party music starts*

Grinch: NO NOT THIS WAY, SAVE ME!

Ken and Inceniroar then mash the little green man against their girthy chest.

Truffle shuffling was no use against these large men as their combined powers shot the Grinch into the blast zone.

fin
SC: No.. No How can you do this we were lovers!

Ken: This was not love but a lie built on timing and gullibility

Inceniroar: Plays in Snake's box

SC: I'll never forgive you two! Epically you, you ugly cat you ruined every...

Incenroar uses Aloan whip SC is K.Oed.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Honestly I thought their worst special was either this one or Broly. Last one is maybe a hot take but I didn't find their version interesting, particularly with vanilla Broly's personality.

Then again they can only work with the source material, and those two were some of the series' weakest content at the time.
Honestly I'm more into TFS for production value and really good writing now, not really for comedy. I mean, they're still funny, but above all else their writing is what really keeps me engaged. Really consistent and differentiated cast of characters, and they give a lot of personality to characters that desperately needed it (i.e, Cell, Nappa, Guru). The speech that Cell gave during Goku's instant transmission Kamehameha did really well to flesh out Cell's motivations and his innate need for fighting that the Saiyans have.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Mexican Poncho
Okey dokey!
Shantae:
Default: (Primarily based on her default outfit in Half-Genie Hero)
Blue Outfit: (Based on a pallet swap, also from Half-Genie Hero)
Green and (Navy) Blue Outfit: (Based on Shantae's zombie friend, Rottytops)
Blue and White Outfit: (Based on Shantae's friend, Sky)
Black and Red Outfit: (Based on Risky Boots' sprite in "Shantae" on the GBC)
Yellow and Blue Outfit: (Based on her Dancer/Space Princess outfit)
Her Default Outfit, but with those Weird, Red, Armband, Thingamajigs?: (Based on artwork of her from Shantae on the GBC, and Risky's Revenge)
Nega Shantae

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultrobin:/:ultrobinf: obviously
That was my first Smash game, as well.

It’s Pit, obviously.
You two have started an anime war based on reading skills
It ain't Pit.
We all know that for sure
It's Link. People speak to him in grunts and gurgles but he still understands what to do by reading the text bar - despite the fact he can't talk himself.
Holy **** you might be right
Mario.
He is a grammar teacher, after all.
oh yeah he was

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I still think Dead Zone is their best movie. It's like the perfect standalone abridgement that doesn't really rely on any series knowledge, whether DBZA or DBZ proper. I look to its script and execution as inspiration for my own work.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Mexican Poncho
Deadly Assassin (One of the three costumes you get from preordering RDR1 at gamestop before it became a general purchase)
Also I doubt the chances but if Mona made it in, I think it’d be cool for her alts to all be costumes she wore throughout the WarioWare series:

-White-Default (Based off Warioware Gold)
B92B4B07-3F5B-4F6E-9361-FCF45CB24E34.png
-Black-Gelateria Uniform (Warioware, Inc.: Mega Microgame$)

-Yellow-Mona Pizza Uniform (Warioware: Twisted!)

-Red-Mona and The Hot Slices (Warioware: Touched!)
BC8B7049-B0EF-4C16-8AFD-E616C8C8593A.jpeg
-Blue-Cheerleader Uniform (WarioWare: Smooth Moves)
9F3EF77C-C3D9-47F2-9AE2-C24F82181FB9.png
-Green-Wario Park Uniform (Warioware: Snapped!)

-Pink-Reporter Outfit (Warioware D.I.Y.)
15F2A73B-C4F5-43FB-84ED-5000D4768F42.png
-Brown-Photojournalist Outfit (Game & Wario)
6A37805F-9E6B-4CF2-9E4B-B76050346D9B.png

And if you wanna see how her current iteration would look in some of these outfits:

D

Deleted member

lol playing Shulk is so stressful

Smash and Buster make him the glassiest cannon in the game when used and it freaks me out whenever I use them and get hit, nerves get to me and cost me a couple of matches

Well, just gotta improve

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly I'm more into TFS for production value and really good writing now, not really for comedy. I mean, they're still funny, but above all else their writing is what really keeps me engaged. Really consistent and differentiated cast of characters, and they give a lot of personality to characters that desperately needed it (i.e, Cell, Nappa, Guru). The speech that Cell gave during Goku's instant transmission Kamehameha did really well to flesh out Cell's motivations and his innate need for fighting that the Saiyans have.
Same. It's what inspired us to do the same for Gundam Wing. Less Youtube humor focus and more, like, modern South Park humor focus.

How TFS came together as a professional production team instead of just a Youtube fad is really remarkable. Capping the Cell arc the way they did was surprisingly powerful and emotional; that's not really something you get from abridged series.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The writing and editing they did throughout the Android and Cell saga was superb. Comedy took a backseat but it was still hilarious and quotable.

Honestly the Saiyan saga is hard to rewatch nowadays. It has that early Abridged quality and you can tell they didn't think it would get this far. Kaiser even coined the possibility of re-dubbing it during their 10th year marathon and I'd like to see that happen. The introduction of Vegeta and Nappa is when they found their comedic angle and it has been upwards since.

That's why Frieza/Namek is my favorite "era" from them. It is transitioning into a quality dub but also didn't do it fully to the point the comedy suffered a bit. If you want the yuks then rewatching that saga is the way to go.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
If you guys could pick any location in a video game and make it a stage in Smash, what would it be? I'd personally go with Hollow Bastion from Kingdom Hearts, that place looks so beautiful in a weird way to me.
Probably any Sonic Heroes stage. While that game is pretty bad, the songs and aesthetic of pretty much every stage are phenomenal. The art direction for that game's stages is still unrivaled for me.
The writing and editing they did throughout the Android and Cell saga was superb. Comedy took a backseat but it was still hilarious and quotable.

Honestly the Saiyan saga is hard to rewatch nowadays. It has that early Abridged quality and you can tell they didn't think it would get this far. Kaiser even coined the possibility of re-dubbing it during their 10th year marathon and I'd like to see that happen. The introduction of Vegeta and Nappa is when they found their comedic angle and it's been upwards since.

That's why Frieza/Namek is my favorite "era" from them. It is transitioning into a quality dub but also didn't do it fully to the point the comedy suffered a bit. If you want the yuks then rewatching that saga is the way to go.
Goku vs. Frieza is probably my favorite moment from the series. The characters are written in such a way that they play off of each other exceptionally well. But yeah, going back to episode 1 is a little hard. Even the jokes that used to be funny are kind of cringe now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly the Saiyan saga is hard to rewatch nowadays. It has that early Abridged quality and you can tell they didn't think it would get this far. Kaiser even coined the possibility of re-dubbing it during their 10th year marathon and I'd like to see that happen. The introduction of Vegeta and Nappa is when they found their comedic angle and it's been upwards since.

I like their Sayian saga. Easily my favorite of the three abridghed seasons. Hope their take on the Buu saga is great!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I just realized Lycanroc got BTFO'ed not even considered, damn.

Sorry to those guys, but honestly claiming that it was the mascot for gen 7 is a steep statement to make.

Olive branch to the owl boys though. (Even though I have my reservations on his transition into smash)
It's pretty hard to pinpoint a definitive mascot for Gen VII, You have Decidueye in Pokken, Incineroar in Smash, Lycanroc in Ultra Sun/Moon, and Pikachu/Eevee in Let's Go.

I think Lycanroc's biggest sin was not making an impact fast enough. Lycanroc didn't start taking a major spotlight until his Dusk form was revealed in mid-2017, which seemed to be after the cut-off point (if ARMS and Xenoblade 2 are anything to go by). If Ultimate began development 6 months to about a year later, things might have turned out differently for Lycanroc.
That’s how I feel about the whole situation.

We don’t really know where Lycanroc is in. They could’ve also been considered, they weren’t on table, maybe they were just behind Decidueye in the third but dropped earlier, etc. It’s basically the same situation where we didn’t know where Decidueye was in prior to yesterday’s statement (and we probably won’t get anything anytime soon)

Lycanroc being a bigger face (that’s how I like to refer it to) was mostly a stepping stone, a “why” Lycanroc could’ve been suggested in the first place. The only thing we had to go off was Greninja and how a statement made during Smash 4’s development that Sakurai generally selected Pokémon that were also big in any upcoming movies and/or the anime were also factored in (which Mewtwo, Lucario, and also Greninja later on seemed to prove) which Lycanroc also started to show in 2017 after the reveal of it’s Dusk form, which could’ve also been too late.

But the way I see it, prominence was only really half of it, and the other was moveset potential, which is where I started to explain how Lycanroc could be unique and differenciate itself from the roster. So that’s how I started to make my arguement for why Lycanroc could be chosen. There weren’t really any outliers this generation, so I considered Decidueye and Incineroar because, hey Sakurai could’ve really gone with what either or had and be interested in them as well (which the mad lad did among other things).

Anyways, it still surprises how we already been passed Incineroar’s reveal and Gen 7 discussion still seems to catch up.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

TeamFourStar actually said that they had tons of ideas for the Broly movie, all of which had to be scrapped because it wouldn't have worked with the original footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom