• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Afternoon all~

Great news! My financial situation is officially flipping around. I filed my taxes and will be getting a pretty nice refund, and provided the assessment goes well, I start my new job tonight!

I guess Life Can Change.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Eh I guess? My sis is vert casual but she can pretty easily tell that FE dudes and Palu/Shulk/Little Mac etc etc are different by simply looking at their outfits and weapons. I mean their faces look a little similar but that's really it.
Ah, well that's reassuring.

Its not as bad as I thought it was.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bad Time.
Purple Man of much lank.
Another goddamn Pokemon.
Another goddamn Fire Emblem.
OBJECTION
Spinny weasel.
Veemo.
Apple Lad.
Sometimes blocky man, sometimes no blocky man. I'm of mixed opinions on blocky man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bad Time.
Purple Man of much lank.
Another goddamn Pokemon.
Another goddamn Fire Emblem.
OBJECTION
Spinny weasel.
Veemo.
Apple Lad.
Sometimes blocky man, sometimes no blocky man. I'm of mixed opinions on blocky man.
That's more than 10 words.

Test failed.

c88fc865d5b0e41093ebcecae329b942.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ah, well that's reassuring.

Its not as bad as I thought it was.
Unless you have advanced myopia, I don't see why you couldn't differentiate Smash characters by looking at them, tbh. Some people in the Smash fandom act like they are toddlers and can only tell between brightly colored polygons.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Game - Explain who you most wanted character(s) is in 10 or less words.

Zero: Badass red robot with lightsaber, arm cannon and fancy hair
Sora: Giant key wielding boy with magic powers and other stuff
Agumon: Yellow lizard that evolves into a sun throwing dragon knight
Neku: Headphones kid that gains psychic powers from pins and clothes
Phoenix Wright - Charming lawyer from a whimsical franchise, unique possibilities
Funky Kong - Funky surfer dude who screams 1990s.
Dixie Kong - Girl with attitude who afraid of nothing
Master Chief - Space army dude with futuristic badass weapons
Amaterasu - Divine doggo with endless possibilities

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Gonna leave out the names and see if they're still guessable

Duck-faced scarecrow boy with a freaky mask
Would be our second 2D fighter with a hammer
A limbless thingamajig who's ready to lend a hand
Everything reminds him of a puzzle
Literally a hand
SkullKid
Hammerin Harry
Rayman
Layton
Master Hand

Pakky

Smash Hero
Unless you have advanced myopia, I don't see why you couldn't differentiate Smash characters by looking at them, tbh. Some people in the Smash fandom act like they are toddlers and can only tell between brightly colored polygons.
Speaking of which I wonder why they left :ultdarkpit: the same?

When :ultlucina::ultdoc: received some pretty big changes

I mean is he stronger than :ultpit:?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, who names their name trunks? That’s almost as bad as naming your kid Hot Pants.
Briefs, Panty, Tights, Bloomer, Trunks and Bra; what a wonderful family.

Bulma: Vegeta, you have to change your name to Boxer.
Vegeta: HELL NO, WOMAN!

Wonder if there's a Knicker, Teddy or Bikini somewhere in the family...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
SkullKid
Hammerin Harry
Rayman
Layton
Master Hand
4/5 - not bad (tbh my description of the second character's a bit weird, but if they got in, I would insist that their Classic Mode be called Stop! Hammer Time - copyright be damned - and you'd be fighting every character with a hammer in their moveset)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Lucina wasn't changed much from Smash 4 though, wasn't she? Just a new victory theme iirc. Other then that she's still just Marth with a balanced blade. They didn't even change her Final Smash.

Meanwhile Dark Pit got a nice damage buff to his arrows, making them actually have a reason to be used over Pit's.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I mean is he stronger than :ultpit:?
???

Lucina is same and Dr. Mario had his two moves changed.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also I found this

1549481966724.png

???

Lucina is same and Dr. Mario had his two moves changed.
Really? I though she got a speed buff.

Lucina wasn't changed much from Smash 4 though, wasn't she? Just a new victory theme iirc. Other then that she's still just Marth with a balanced blade. They didn't even change her Final Smash.

Meanwhile Dark Pit got a nice damage buff to his arrows, making them actually have a reason to be used over Pit's.
Really no changes on Lucina? Huh... I could have sworn she was faster.

In DP case, okay that makes sense.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Game - Explain who you most wanted character(s) is in 10 or less words.

Zero: Badass red robot with lightsaber, arm cannon and fancy hair
Sora: Giant key wielding boy with magic powers and other stuff
Agumon: Yellow lizard that evolves into a sun throwing dragon knight
Neku: Headphones kid that gains psychic powers from pins and clothes
Banjo and Kazooie: Dopey Bear and smart aleck bird collect puzzle pieces.
Crash Bandicoot: Mute Maniac Marsupial does Mario better than Mario.
Sub-Zero: Stone-Cold Killer
Dante: Flashy, stylish demon hunter
Heihachi Mishima: The King of the Iron Fist!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
...Really? In what way?
Without going into too much detail, I was at the deepest part of my depression and estranged from everyone and everything when DAII came out. And my old roommates whom I moved away from had weaseled their way into stealing over $4000 from me, and I couldn't pay it. My dad, then out of state, offered to pay it and let me pay it back if I moved out there with him. I hated it there, but I hated it back home too. I had absolutely no one at all to call a friend and I didn't trust or enjoy my family. I felt like a failure because I didn't finish college. I was at the financial mercy of a man I couldn't stand. It got dark.

DAII is a story about Hawke being forced from her home and hurtled into chaos in a new home that doesn't want her with no money, no acquaintances and nowhere to live. Unlike every other fantasy RPG where you're some chosen hero set to do magical things and save the world, Hawke is just... a person, down on her luck, with no other motivation than to earn a place to live and protect her family, and you see over the course of seven in-game years how that family shapes and what trials you go through and overcome. Even characters you hated before become ones you love, and ones you loved turn and become ones you hate. It's not a nice little fairy tail; it's real life.

What started as a game I played to ignore the world and numb the pain became a world-changing perspective. I saw the possibility of me being Hawke, and taking this ****ty situation and turning it into my salvation instead. This new city wasn't for me? **** it, I'll make it for me. The new friends I made aren't genuine and kinda suck? It's okay; in seven years that could all change. Someone wrongs me in a way that truly hurts? It's okay; I can take it. I played DAII to completion probably eight times over the course of three years as I fought through the depression and came out on the other side a different person. I still see myself as Hawke, honestly. It's the character I most relate with over any other.

I know DAII isn't the most popular game for gameplay reasons, but it's honestly my favorite piece of fiction that isn't a book. Hawke is my Superman. And I'm not sure what would have happened to me if I hadn't played DAII right at that moment in my life. I came close.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do like her better than Marth.

Though :ultike: is probably the best. (I hate fighting him)
Me too, Marth's tippers are a pain to land, though I find Roy pretty fun.

Not a regular swordfighter, but I'd say my favorite one is :ultrobin:

D

Deleted member

Steve, Sans and maybe Sora are my most wanted newcomers.
To note on Sans.
Sans is the most likely Undertale newcomer, but I like Papyrus a little better than Sans.
Still, Sans would be very awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So any word on an direct?
Nope

I’m calling it, Nintendo fed those ResetEra employees false info and their ***es are so fired lul

Cause I mean it’s not exactly uncommon for game companies to feed potential leakers false info to smoke them out

D

Deleted member

Me too, Marth's tippers are a pain to land, though I find Roy pretty fun.

Not a regular swordfighter, but I'd say my favorite one is :ultrobin:
My favorite swordie is probably Shulk, though I haven't played him much due to me spending time looking for a solid secondary since I've been solo maining him for the entirety of Sm4sh

Right now Roy/Chrom and Cloud been looking real tight for me and surprisingly Ness and Wolf have been lovely as well.

D

Deleted member

Lucina hasn't been changed but they nerfed Marth pretty badly so her consistent damage makes her significantly better iirc
Yes I agree!
That is why I use Lucina instead of Marth in Ultimate. Lucina is outright better in damage output.

Lucina > Marth

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Lucina hasn't been changed but they nerfed Marth pretty badly so her consistent damage makes her significantly better iirc
Yeah, that new English voice is just wrong and Laura Bailey is still the best.

...wait you're talking about gameplay. Whoops.

D

Deleted member

Yes I agree!
That is why I use Lucina instead of Marth in Ultimate. Lucina is outright better in damage output.

Lucina > Marth
Don't get me wrong, I love Marth.

But Lucina IMO is just better. Marth might actually be the worst of the Marthlikes now, though all of the Marthlikes are A-tier or above in this game imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom