• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
But seriously. A DLC character has to have a certain clot to them. They have to be a popular enough character that they sell on their own. And I don’t think any Nintendo characters that are left have enough of a pedegree to do that.
Ahem...
KSA_Bandana_Waddle_Dee.png

You were saying?

KMDP

Smash Legend
But..... I want nothing but third parties.

But seriously. A DLC character has to have a certain clot to them. They have to be a popular enough character that they sell on their own. And I don’t think any Nintendo characters that are left have enough of a pedegree to do that.

Joker is this season’s Cloud.
Erdrick is this season’s Corrin
Solaire is this season’s Bayonetta
Crash is this season’s Ryu
Banjo is this season’s Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy
...But the Plant is this season's Mewtwo...

D

Deleted member

Ironic that you compare Erdrick with Corrin, since the reactions I am seeing towards him these days feel more to me like a peaceful version of the rage that Miiverse had with Cloud’s reveal for being an “anime swordsman”.

You literally couldn’t say that you liked to see Cloud in Smash there.

Pakky

Smash Hero

The Sun and the Moon, its like poetry

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ironic that you compare Erdrick with Corrin, since the reactions I am seeing towards him these days feel more to me like a peaceful version of the rage that Miiverse had with Cloud’s reveal for being an “anime swordsman”.

You literally couldn’t say that you liked to see Cloud in Smash there.
I wasn’t in Miiverse when that happened. Just a sort of generalized Twitter Smash community. People were super excited there for Cloud because of the doors it opened up. While they hated Corrin for being a “literal who”. See what I’m going for.

D

Deleted member

I wasn’t in Miiverse when that happened. Just a sort of generalized Twitter Smash community. People were super excited there for Cloud because of the doors it opened up. While they hated Corrin for being a “literal who”. See what I’m going for.
Yes.
It seems like i should have been on Twitter during that time, because I got a lot of bash on Miiverse for getting hyped about Cloud.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
ngl i just want to be surprised with someone who isn't erdrick, DQ or not, but with Shinya's instagram post confirming that the word 'brave' is in fact referring to him in at least one context i've not got high hopes
Then again, why would he hint at Erdrick in such a blatantly obvious way? When has anyone who's ever been involved with Smash been so transparent?

Lately, I feel like there's this false narrative going around that third-parties automatically sell better than a Nintendo character could and that third-parties are undeniably the best way for Nintendo to turn a profit.

Let me just say that certain third-parties, regardless of their "Wow, didn't see him/her!" factor, aren't automatically guaranteed to sell better than a Nintendo character. If people aren't familiar with the character to begin with, then why should they care about them and their franchise getting repped in Smash?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will keep my fears the way they are:
It is likely that we won’t get Nintendo Directs anymore.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
What the ****, are we just never getting a direct? I'm not mad w Nintendo or anything this is just baffling.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So the next direct was announced...

But only broadcasting in the Land of Oz. Good luck to anyone trying to get here!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Then again, why would he hint at Erdrick in such a blatantly obvious way. When has anyone who's ever been involved with Smash been so transparent?
i mean technically we're not even meant to know about brave, and they scrubbed it and joker out with 2.0.0 - the post might as well be the start of the 'actual' teasers meant for the public.

mostly, though, it's just him calling it 'brave' - my only skepticism with brave being erdrick was the random use of an english word by the japanese team, but Shinya just flat out using it to refer to erdrick is pretty damning

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Y'all are making me wanna put money on it not being the Erdrick.
Because I'm pretty confident lol

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
i mean technically we're not even meant to know about brave, and they scrubbed it and joker out with 2.0.0 - the post might as well be the start of the 'actual' teasers meant for the public.

mostly, though, it's just him calling it 'brave' - my only skepticism with brave being erdrick was the random use of an english word by the japanese team, but Shinya just flat out using it to refer to erdrick is pretty damning
Kinda feel like people are connecting dots that don't really connect.

Why would Shinya referring to Erdrick as "Brave" be significant if we aren't supposed to know about the codename?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Moral of the story is that don't ley robust Asian girls look after your young children.

Scales can be tipped, HARD.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
are you more or less confident as you were when you said the direct was on the 7th
More.
But also I've always said "something" is gonna happen on the 7th and my direct predictions are always crapshoots because being right would be funny and being wrong doesn't bother me at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom