• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well true that but I do think Nintendo could do better in not saving their games at the second half of the year. I.e. FE Three Houses was poised for Late 2018, then Spring 2019, and now Summer 2019. I doubt it's much of a quality issue as they were confident back in April last year that the game would be released by the end of 2018. And I do think in general they can help fill the gaps in months by having more ports. Excuse my ignorance on video game deveopment costs/production but I hope it's not wrong to assume that they could do this to help bridge the months without new titles. Or even supplement that with a big, noteworthy third party title or port.

I do, however think the idea of new games every month is a bit outlandish however. I can agree with that sentiment.
The problem with assuming that they're holding stuff back is that we don't know how far along each game is in development. Not to mention the need to properly launch things when it's commercially viable to do so: There's a lot more that goes into it than you'd think. Companies don't just pick random dates; there's a lot of research and planning that goes into picking the best possible date to maximize sales and get the most possible exposure for the product.

They could theoritically launch certain games earlier, but game development is extremely volitile and things go wrong. What might have been an early year release now has to come out next Spring, and so forth. It's really tricky, and a lot of people (myself included) kinda jump the gun and make conclussions about "Why we don't have this" or "Why won't they do this" when we don't and most likely never will have all the behind the scenes knowledge on why things happen the way they do.

Those are just my silly thoughts, anyway. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
D

Deleted member

BRUH. I was literally just thinking about Assassin’s Creed. Let’s talk more.
haha fall into hay
I’d guess that’d need to be incorporated somewhere into his moveset. Maybe a victory pose where at the eye catch he lands into a barrow of hay

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking stages, if Jin gets added, It'd be pretty cool to have his T3/TTT1 stage.

Stage TTT.jpg

Granted, I imagine it'd be a not so gimmicky stage. On the other hand, no stage is inside a dojo, Suzaku Castle is on the rooftops so it's not quite the same.

There's the Tekken 4 Arena too, but I feel that might be a bit redundant compared to the Punch-Out stage aesthetically, mechcanically, having the caged walls could be fun in a casual setting.

Arena T4.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Please don't incite unnecessary conflict, even jokingly.

One of our regular users chose to leave the site. Which sucks. I'm not going to ask you all to not talk about it, but I am gonna ask you all to refrain from getting heated over it or taking over the thread with it.
is me saying "Nice job being respectful of someone who we dont know the status of" inciting unnecessary conflict?

because the last thing we need is to do is start talking **** about him while we dont even know if he is even ok atm

i know, Im late, sorry

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TBH one of the reasons I don't get the upset with Nintendo's current output is that I don't think I could even keep up with a huge AAA game every month. Both time and money are limited, so having breaks every now and then is nice lol.

Shroob

Sup?
is me saying "Nice job being respectful of someone who we dont know the status of" inciting unnecessary conflict?

because the last thing we need is to do is start talking **** about him while we dont even know if he is even ok atm
Blue confirmed he's fine and just off throwing a "They don't understand me!" party.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I know this is sacrilegious, but I really dislike Isabelle. I was living under a rock prior to ultimate's release and as such didn't know she had usurped tom nook's position as mascot. Really upset me tbh, since I don't find isabelle to be too interesting beyond being cute. I guess I just like tom more.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know this is sacrilegious, but I really dislike Isabelle. I was living under a rock prior to ultimate's release and as such didn't know she had usurped tom nook's position as mascot. Really upset me tbh, since I don't find isabelle to be too interesting beyond being cute. I guess I just like tom more.
Cuteness over Capitalism is the mascot motto. For example, guess why this mascot was booted.
ee5.jpg

Iridium

Smash Hero
Considering how I've said it so many times and survived, you're good.

D

Deleted member

Original ideas?

Creative ideas for new DLC spirit battles?

Stages?

Moveset ideas?

The reason we run out of things to talk about is that people either don’t have a lot of creativity with movesets (which I refuse to believe), don’t actually play Smash (sometimes I think this is believable), or have no interest in characters they don’t know anything about.

But alas, perhaps i’m just speaking into the void.
Frankly one of the characters that I see the least amount of discussion about western-wise is Lara Croft, especially after Joker having guns. She has a lot of acrobatic moves that could be used for specials and her recovery could be the grappling hook she has in Legend.
haha fall into hay
I’d guess that’d need to be incorporated somewhere into his moveset. Maybe a victory pose where at the eye catch he lands into a barrow of hay
As long as Leonardo's flying machine is his recovery move, I'm good on him.
TBH one of the reasons I don't get the upset with Nintendo's current output is that I don't think I could even keep up with a huge AAA game every month. Both time and money are limited, so having breaks every now and then is nice lol.
Yoshi released not too long ago and Mario Maker 2 releases next month. Plus there are a few small titles and ports being released between major releases. Lineup is not exactly void.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do they not use Jack as the mascot for SMT anymore? I mean, they don't use SMT anymore, but Atlas never discontinued Jack right?
No, he is, I was just making a joke with a relevant image.

I mean, I HOPE he is, but like... Morgana is the giant cardboard cutout they put in front of Atlus headquarters reception.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No, he is, I was just making a joke with a relevant image.

I mean, I HOPE he is, but like... Morgana is the giant cardboard cutout they put in front of Atlus headquarters reception.
Next SMT game will be...

A dungeon crawler... starring Jack Frost as the player character in the same vein as Chocobo’s Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom