• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Please don't incite unnecessary conflict, even jokingly.

One of our regular users chose to leave the site. Which sucks. I'm not going to ask you all to not talk about it, but I am gonna ask you all to refrain from getting heated over it or taking over the thread with it.
Thank you for this.

I’m not one of Golden’s closest friends. He was one of the first users that I came to appreciate when I first started posting, because he put effort into a lot of posts he made.

What I saw yesterday in regard to what happened, or what lead to his departure, was downright mean. I really don’t know how to tell you guys that sandbagging on people doesn’t change the behavior for everyone.

Somebody defended Golden today, and like 6 people all came at that person, or suggested somebody else get involved. That is, to me, toxic.

Sure, Golden wasn’t sunshine and rainbows. But neither is bullying him back or telling people they’re wrong for defending another person’s feelings.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Next SMT game will be...

A dungeon crawler... starring Jack Frost as the player character in the same vein as Chocobo’s Dungeon
Actually, they did do that promotional metroidvania with the Jack Bros.
tumblr_oxynis3i0J1s5o5jco1_400.jpg

Roberk

Smash Champion
First step is TERFs and TERF apologists. Second step is people who pronounce GIF with a soft G
It's clearly a soft g though, the creator confirmed it and you literally cannot dispute this.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
"No, this is where your justice ends pancake boy."

"...I mean, poyo!"

Shroob

Sup?
Thank you for this.

I’m not one of Golden’s closest friends. He was one of the first users that I came to appreciate when I first started posting, because he put effort into a lot of posts he made.

What I saw yesterday in regard to what happened, or what lead to his departure, was downright mean. I really don’t know how to tell you guys that sandbagging on people doesn’t change the behavior for everyone.

Somebody defended Golden today, and like 6 people all came at that person, or suggested somebody else get involved. That is, to me, toxic.

Sure, Golden wasn’t sunshine and rainbows. But neither is bullying him back or telling people they’re wrong for defending another person’s feelings.
"Golden isn't like that!"

*Piles of evidence where he's openly harassed users here and off site*

Is it wrong to call out a jerk even when he's not present to defend himself?

Sure, maybe, but the evidence AGAINST him being a colossal turd sandwich exists and shouldn't be ignored.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's clearly a soft g though, the creator confirmed it and you literally cannot dispute this.
people always bring this up as if I don’t know this already and still chose to say it

Creator is wrong as far as I am concerned
:secretkpop:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Then the creator is wrong.

You literally cannot dispute this.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thank you for this.

Dogpiling is what this place does best and mods dont do much about but let it happen and join in
but i digress. Anyone wanna talk CTB with me

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't be a MMX fan if I didn't mention some of the stages that could work in Smash either. Namely Central Highway, the GOAT from the first game.

Central Highway.png

Since it has crumbling platforms, I imagine that's how the stage would be laid out, more platforms than Battlefield, but the "extra" ones crumble away and then re-spawn. Obviously they'd have some permanent ones as well. I could see some of the Bee Copters flying in the background too, without actually intruding on the stage.

The other stage choice I would go with is Noah's Park from Mega Man X8.

Noah's Park.jpg

It's a Jungle opening stage, which helps it stand out, since it's a lot of cybernetic plant life. And there's a section with a waterfall in it too. I don't know what I'd make the stage's gimmick, I just think it'd look great in HD.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be a MMX fan if I didn't mention some of the stages that could work in Smash either. Namely Central Highway, the GOAT from the first game.

View attachment 223160

Since it has crumbling platforms, I imagine that's how the stage would be laid out, more platforms than Battlefield, but the "extra" ones crumble away and then re-spawn. Obviously they'd have some permanent ones as well. I could see some of the Bee Copters flying in the background too, without actually intruding on the stage.

The other stage choice I would go with is Noah's Park from Mega Man X8.

View attachment 223163

It's a Jungle opening stage, which helps it stand out, since it's a lot of cybernetic plant life. And there's a section with a waterfall in it too. I don't know what I'd make the stage's gimmick, I just think it'd look great in HD.
Noah’s Park is an interesting idea. We need more jungle stages in smash, right now there are only the donkey kong stages pretty much.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Original ideas?

Creative ideas for new DLC spirit battles?

Stages?

Moveset ideas?

The reason we run out of things to talk about is that people either don’t have a lot of creativity with movesets (which I refuse to believe), don’t actually play Smash (sometimes I think this is believable), or have no interest in characters they don’t know anything about.

But alas, perhaps i’m just speaking into the void.
If it’s worth anything, I’ve been brimming with ideas for these areas for not just my own most wanted but for a few others as well and I wouldn’t mind discussing this stuff with you or anyone else here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thank you for this.

This ain’t it chief

I don’t agree with the sandbagging of him yesterday for sure. Bad timing etc.

but man lots of people here were direct targets of his rage and I even tried to apologize to him once for calling him out for being a jerk and he just kinda ignored it and kept doing it

There has to be a point where people who have felt a bit threatened by his actions are able to talk about it when someone is defending the accused. Nobody *came at them*, we just disagreed and explained why, and I don’t appreciate you calling me toxic for trying to describe the situation to begin with.

And honestly I thought nearly all the responses besides Mythra’s (which was a ****post but I can understand the response it got) were pretty reasonable

And everyone had already dropped it anyway so bringing it back up doesn’t help anything, and I can’t imagine you of all people would just say this without realizing that

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thank you for this.

I ain't one to mince words, mate. I get it, Golden isn't here, and it's a little messed up for people to dogpile on someone who can't defend themselves right now.

But he was also a very problematic person who blew up at the smallest sign of backtalk against him, and he deserves to be called out for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No, he is, I was just making a joke with a relevant image.

I mean, I HOPE he is, but like... Morgana is the giant cardboard cutout they put in front of Atlus headquarters reception.
If it's any consolation, I think Jack looks cooler.

Actually, they did do that promotional metroidvania with the Jack Bros.
View attachment 223162
I can put this to good use.

What are you doing here ho.JPG

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The creator is wrong.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
my favorite SCP is the pill that immediately spawns 50 million bananas inside your stomach, causing you to explode

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PSA: calling out a bully is not the same as bullying.
First step is TERFs and TERF apologists. Second step is people who pronounce GIF with a soft G
Cool cool cool, ya can trust me with this chief.
You're lucky I haven't executed the TERFs yet.

D

Deleted member

Thank you for this.

at the same time, nobody really "came at" bluepikmin

there was no toxic behavior besides maybe, potentially, [other synonym for maybe], mythra's post, and even that was more of a ****post than anything malicious.

i do agree with you that this thread does have a bullying problem. i made that point clear last night.

but the stuff posted today wasn't bullying. it was respectful disagreements backed up with evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hi guys i'm just going to show you two photos i took on Garry's Mod: (last time i tried the server wasn't working)
20190521134014_1.jpg
Kirbies at the hotel (if your wondering where was Yellow and Green, propely in a different room, btw Blue Kirby is not holding a phone that's a 3DS cause you can see a red dot)
20190522004906_1.jpg
Kirby V.S Topmaniac (Hammer looks a bit off)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
"Golden isn't like that!"

*Piles of evidence where he's openly harassed users here and off site*

Is it wrong to call out a jerk even when he's not present to defend himself?

Sure, maybe, but the evidence AGAINST him being a colossal turd sandwich exists and shouldn't be ignored.
Now, we have a number of users openly harassing or talking negatively about somebody who clearly wasn’t in a good place when they left, in a public forum.

There’s more than one turd sandwich.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, straight up, there's a lot of users here that I don't agree with on a lot of things.

But there's a huge different between:

"Hey cool, everyone has an opinion and we should be respectful of it"

and

"You don't AGREE WITH ME?! YOUR OPINION IS BAD AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY!"

It shouldn't be rocket science that, even if you don't ****ing agree 100% with someone, BE RESPECTFUL TO ONE ANOTHER.

The minute you start harassing others for differing opinions is when you lose my respect.

D

Deleted member

>"gi"raffe
>"gi"f
>literally the designated pronunciation
It's not that hard. (Because it's a soft g)
Call me when you pronounce graphics and jraphics. In fact actually don’t do that I’m scared.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
>"gi"raffe
>"gi"f
>literally the designated pronunciation
It's not that hard. (Because it's a soft g)
When Christmas time comes around, do you give people jifts?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright y’all let’s stop the Golden conversation yet again and try not to bloody bring it up again for the 4th time

Edit: last post represent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom