• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I wish some of you guys would understand GoldenYuiitusin more.

Golden might be aggressive when he refutes points, but he is simply one that likes to discuss Smash.

The only reason he would be hostile to you is if you claim **** that is not true and accuse/provoke him easily just because of his nature.

He's a different kind of person, the kind of Smash fan I greatly admire and respect.

It feels like some of you do not want to associate with those kinds of people when you choose to respond in those ways.

That is just something I cannot accept.
gonna be real, the last thing i saw of him last night was him getting antsy with staindgrey staindgrey for no apparent reason then just intentionally ignoring the last reply he received out of spite

i won't dip my toes into it any more than this but it wasn't the best look to say the least

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Remember that tweet I shared poking fun at people who think the Switch has no games?

Arlo's latest video is basically what that tweet was making fun of, lol. I like Arlo's videos, but there are times where he kiiiinda makes assumptions about game development he really shouldn't. This is one of those times.
If I may ask, what's the assumption being made?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Golden might be aggressive when he refutes points, but he is simply one that likes to discuss Smash.

The only reason he would be hostile to you is if you claim **** that is not true and accuse/provoke him easily just because of his nature.

He's a different kind of person, the kind of Smash fan I greatly admire and respect.

It feels like some of you do not want to associate with those kinds of people when you choose to respond in those ways.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen is typing

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Blue, I really respect you. In fact, I'd even consider you a friend on this site, or even a mentor seeing as I became a prominent speculator for Ultimate.

But if your passion leads to you being aggressive and confrontative—most of the times with it being unwarranted—it's time to reign it in.

There are more important things in life than Smash.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

Haven't been here fo long so I can't comment on the lad personally, but he does tend to get pretty unreasonably worked up about thins, even if I'm sure he's a nice person. In the end it's a forum, no need to get mad. chillman.jpg

Roberk

Smash Champion
A8DE94B7-EE35-4C9F-ADB0-4CF3B153855E.jpeg

Don’t mind me, just posting the actual first-party rep
>MonolithSoft reveals the fantasy game they’ve been working on at E3
>Xenoblade 2 was 2 years of development with a skeleton team, MonolithSoft now has 200 people to work with and it’s been 2 years since XC2, so the game can come out soon along with a Smash character

You heard it here first.

D

Deleted member

fam golden flips his **** at the smallest ****

he got pissed at me for talking about kasumi, he blows up in dgames, and he literally sent a ****in baby rage in gwen's discord dms. he's also got a history of being very confrontational for little to no reason

"he's just like that" is not a valid excuse to be so overtly negative and hostile

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
bold assumption
But seriously, what is there to talk about? We've discussed everything to death. That's why we're doodooposting, nothing left to say.
An individual character outbid the pass? Been there, done that.
Original ideas?

Creative ideas for new DLC spirit battles?

Stages?

Moveset ideas?

The reason we run out of things to talk about is that people either don’t have a lot of creativity with movesets (which I refuse to believe), don’t actually play Smash (sometimes I think this is believable), or have no interest in characters they don’t know anything about.

But alas, perhaps i’m just speaking into the void.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
View attachment 223119
>Xenoblade 2 was 2 years of development with a skeleton team, MonolithSoft now has 200 people to work with and it’s been 2 years since XC2, so the game can come out soon along with a Smash character

You heard it here first.
That assumes all 200 staff are working on the one game when that number is split into multiple studios.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I’m sure everyone else has covered this but I can’t really agree with this.

If he only gets that way after being provoked then he gets provoked incredibly easily, and when he’s called out for being a total jerk to someone he lashes out and acts like a victim

I dunno.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Just because he likes to talk about Smash doesn’t give him a right to be toxic. I haven’t personally seen examples of his attitude (Or I forgot them) but having this type of attitude with anyone isn’t healthy.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
>Smash talk is, likely jokingly, immediately referencing leaks.

Imagine coming up with original Smash discussion ideas not relying on leaks.

*sobs in the corner
smashing ramen brought it up a few days ago but I think Euden is fairly likely and doesn't get talked about much

D

Deleted member

Okay uh I finished episode 1 of Konosuba and Aqua is adorable just straight up she is 100% adorable. I like her so far, Also the Main Character is okay. On to Episode 2!

Shroob

Sup?
Now that we know he's fine, I'm gonna be real with y'all.

There are a lot of people in this thread right now that scare me, but Golden SCARES me.

The guy is literally a ticking timebomb of rage, and from the looks of it, this isn't an unpopular opinion.

"He's just like that" is not a ****ing excuse to be a toxic asshole.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay uh I finished episode 1 of Konosuba and Aqua is adorable just straight up she is 100% adorable. I like her so far, Also the Main Character is okay. On to Episode 2!
tumblr_inline_p7fxurKKMX1rp03bq_250.png

Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Please don't incite unnecessary conflict, even jokingly.

One of our regular users chose to leave the site. Which sucks. I'm not going to ask you all to not talk about it, but I am gonna ask you all to refrain from getting heated over it or taking over the thread with it.

D

Deleted member

If I may ask, what's the assumption being made?
That game development is so simple that Nintendo can just pop out a big AAA experience every other month with no downtime, and that the fact they do have downtime is "concerning". He thinks games should be coming out in droves now because Nintendo merged handheld and home console development divisions.

Biggest problem with Arlo's videos IMO is he isn't super objective. Personal bias drives his content and views on games a lot, which can be both good and bad. The whole point of this video here is he's saying the Switch's output of first party titles is disappointing because every year isn't like 2017 and we're not constantly getting huge experiences like Mario and Zelda every two or so months.

His expectations for Nintendo's Switch output is kind of unreasonable.

D

Deleted member

Original ideas?

Stages?

Moveset ideas?

The reason we run out of things to talk about is that people either don’t have a lot of creativity with movesets (which I refuse to believe), don’t actually play Smash (sometimes I think this is believable), or have no interest in characters they don’t know anything about.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't even play smash and just come here for the community.
Problem is, whenever someone wants to talk about something like you mentioned it's always "there's a different thread for that". There are so many threads with different purposes that the whole thing is too split up imo, makes me wonder the point of a general social and all these different threads existing at once.
But I'll bite. Ezio, my resident shill pick, what could he do in Smash? Dude has a bunch of different gadgets. I feel like a poison effect one one of his moves could be cool, like you hit with the sweetspot and it does residual damage.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Now that we know he's fine, I'm gonna be real with y'all.

There are a lot of people in this thread right now that scare me, but Golden SCARES me.

The guy is literally a ticking timebomb of rage, and from the looks of it, this isn't an unpopular opinion.

"He's just like that" is not a ****ing excuse to be a toxic *******.
I haven’t seen any examples of this but it sounds bad... can you link me? I wanna see what you mean.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
View attachment 223119

You heard it here first.
huh.gif

Oh ****, I forgot this game was a thing.

Guess E3's got something else to show.

please?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Sorry but he exploded at my friend and chased them off this site purely because they said they didn't like Waluigi
He went off in my DMs for not wanting Underage ***** Ninjas in BBTAG
He went off in my girlfriend's DMs because she has loads of issues with Other M
The way he reacted to people talking about how "t***" is a slur was disgusting

Even without those incidents, there's still no excuse for him acting the way he did.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>Smash talk is, likely jokingly, immediately referencing leaks.

Imagine coming up with original Smash discussion ideas not relying on leaks.

*sobs in the corner
What's your favorite stage or character alt color?

I tend to use Meta Ridley and the Red/Orange Mega Man the most, if not the default color for Mega Man.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I haven’t seen any examples of this but it sounds bad... can you link me? I wanna see what you mean.
It doesn’t matter since his account is deleted. Makes it real hard to pull anything up, and it’s best left in the past.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think everyone has spoken enough on Blue's post.

CoolMegumin2.gif

Hey, let's maybe stop this and move on to another topic please we've gone over this before and there's no need to dredge up the past.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The Detective Pikachu Plush is built so the top of the tail is attached to the back of his head. That string just came loose.
B655A2F0-CF34-46AF-BF5D-E10264E55D5B.jpeg

Crap.

D

Deleted member

i mean, i'm glad that golden is alright and that he didn't off himself. don't get me wrong on that

but there's really no excuse to be as toxic as he was on a regular basis

D

Deleted member

We've all said our mind, don't think there's any point digging up past dirt on a guy who isn't even here anymore.

D

Deleted member

Original ideas?

Stages?

Moveset ideas?

For stage ideas, I wonder what location you'd use from Tales of Vesperia if Yuri made it in? Halure's a pretty tempting idea for me because of how pretty it is and how iconic the tree there is for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom