• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think Runaways affect, like anything. It seems fun while not being as good as its comics counterpart, so you might want to give it a shot, but you can skip it easily.
I’m liking runaways from what I’ve seen of it. I’m five episodes into season 2 but it’s pretty good. It seems really different to what I learned from comic synopsis though.

The big difference I think I see is that their parents are in a more gray area and not insanely evil like what I saw from comics seemingly suggesting.

Season one had little action but was an interesting enough concept for me to watch. Season 2 seems to be more action paced and fun though.

I’m a little disappointed though as runaways was almost made one of the next films after iron man and would have been out before avengers. Meaning they could have been in endgame if they didn’t have a show but a movie instead. That would have been really neat to see how differently they would be in the mcu as opposed to the show. I’d recommend checking it out though. It’s its own isolated story but it’s a good watch

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
For absolutely no reason whatsoever, I present this thread w/ a wholesome pic:

View attachment 222784
Source

Ok, bye.
It's adorable and the best thing ever.

I'm not biased, you're biased. Shaddap.

Oh-ho-ho-ho, no. He wears it with pride because it's a hilarious story to tell. And he tells it to every single person that comments on it.

Granted this was six years ago so maybe he's grown up a little.
Pride is...not what I'd choose for that, but...

I guess if it's a friend's work, that does change the perspective a little.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/br2if9 All in favor of cutting Ness from Smash Bros forever say "aye".

Aye.
1464312579102.jpg

Nay.

smug-ness-57b1e858c7f4a.jpeg

Naaaaaayyyyyyy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m liking runaways from what I’ve seen of it. I’m five episodes into season 2 but it’s pretty good. It seems really different to what I learned from comic synopsis though.

The big difference I think I see is that their parents are in a more gray area and not insanely evil like what I saw from comics seemingly suggesting.

Season one had little action but was an interesting enough concept for me to watch. Season 2 seems to be more action paced and fun though.

I’m a little disappointed though as runaways was almost made one of the next films after iron man and would have been out before avengers. Meaning they could have been in endgame if they didn’t have a show but a movie instead. That would have been really neat to see how differently they would be in the mcu as opposed to the show. I’d recommend checking it out though. It’s its own isolated story but it’s a good watch
I think Runaways work better when they are kept away from most big heroes and events. I'm content with them getting a series, even though I have my gripes about it. It's a decent adaptation. Runaways aren't superheroes, they are just kids with powers/gadgets.

If they want to add more kid superheroes to MCU, Young Avengers or Champions would a better option.

D

Deleted member

No one:
Absolutely no one:
I swear to you not a single soul:

Pre CGI Groot:
Pre CGI Groot.jpg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway uhhh last thoughts on the 'baboom leak' that came to me at like 4am but i couldn't be assed to get up and type them
i think we'd have to be careful treating an erdrick/edelgard dual reveal as any kind of 'evidence' in favor of the leak, primarily because edelgard just makes a lot of sense for e3 in general, regardless of leaks. a june reveal for her serves to market TH in its last push before the game's july release, and coming out in august means most people interested in her will have had a chance to get to know her through the actual game. i also think that--unless they just decide to hide it entirely for whatever reason--a last three houses trailer will also show off the timeskip, allowing a potential smash edelgard to have her adult skin spoiler-free.

it's a surprisingly well-considered leak in terms of realistic choices and marketing/release schedules, though bits of it maybe coming true at e3 shouldn't necessarily validate the whole thing, as much as i'm dying to know just what the **** a baboom looks like.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
anyway uhhh last thoughts on the 'baboom leak' that came to me at like 4am but i couldn't be ***** to get up and type them
i think we'd have to be careful treating an erdrick/edelgard dual reveal as any kind of 'evidence' in favor of the leak, primarily because edelgard just makes a lot of sense for e3 in general, regardless of leaks. a june reveal for her serves to market TH in its last push before the game's july release, and coming out in august means most people interested in her will have had a chance to get to know her through the actual game. i also think that--unless they just decide to hide it entirely for whatever reason--a last three houses trailer will also show off the timeskip, allowing a potential smash edelgard to have her adult skin spoiler-free.

it's a surprisingly well-considered leak in terms of realistic choices and marketing/release schedules, though bits of it maybe coming true at e3 shouldn't necessarily validate the whole thing, as much as i'm dying to know just what the **** a baboom looks like.
I find any "leak" with an FE character + a Gen 8 pokemon extremely suspicious since those were the "safe" bets that all the first wave of fake DLC leaks all included.

As people might recall from the pre-release days, almost every fake leak or rumor has some popular or widely speculated character thrown in just to make it seem credible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I find any "leak" with an FE character + a Gen 8 pokemon extremely suspicious since those were the "safe" bets that all the first wave of fake DLC leaks all included.

As people might recall from the pre-release days, almost every fake leak or rumor has some popular or widely speculated character thrown in just to make it seem credible.
That's what has me skeptical. People do tend to slap a Pokemon and FE character at the end almost like a filler spot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey y'all, Serious Scott here, for a moment. I know the thread/most active part of the site has been goin' under a lot of lefts and rights lately, so if I could give any words to any of the situations involved - including past ones - now that I have the time, I'll do it here.

I could understand where some of these situations coming from, as of very recent, I've almost came close to relapsing. If any of you caught what @Hinata relayed while I was gone, not good stuff. Thankfully some of that has been getting better quickly, such as my standings of my job and other stuff.
I think I've said it when I came back, but this month is still kind of a "Me Month" so if I've been posting rather infrequent, it's because of that.

However, it's a clear example of how what half of what @Scoliosis Jones said above and half of what I'll say here - **** comes at you real quick. Feels like you really can't do anything, and you need that support system. Sometimes it's your friends, family, or just outlets with people you don't really know. Hence why I could see people using this site as such.

Of course, sometimes you aren't ready for what might possibly happen or what events will transpire to be, but if anything I learned, it's that it's best to have a smile on your face and just try. Try to think of a solution or to be a helping hand in anyway. Whatever the situation is and depending on what the situation is, sometimes that someone behind the avatar might need it. They're a person, too.

Whether you're a popular or small poster here, we're all in this together, so through the memes and roasts, differing opinions or agreeing ones, when it sometimes looks to turn or be a bit south, we just have to remember to be there for each other. I really don't really know where I'm going with this, but overseeing some of the stuff and overall vibe that's been going on lately, it's the least I could do. Even if it's just a brief moment.

By the way, semi-unrelated and to maybe give some relief to people, but there's been something that had been eating me on the inside for a tiny bit and I think Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen brought it up (she does bring up a reasonable point about lurkers), but if you need confirmation it's the real TotsBS, here's my Discord DMs with @Hinata. Old account was TotsBS#7256, which obviously isn't anymore, so some of you who I DM'ed this when I deleted my account before will know.

Anyways, thinkpiece over.
I was just ****posting my dude, where you here when I made my magnum opus about how Moydow and Freezerburn are the same people?

Shroob

Sup?
anyway uhhh last thoughts on the 'baboom leak' that came to me at like 4am but i couldn't be ***** to get up and type them

Edlegard at E3...

*Smacks lips*

Hey, what's that taste?

Oh, I know what it is.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Edlegard at E3...

*Smacks lips*

Hey, what's that taste?

Oh, I know what it is.

when the smash community has finally accepted erdrick and are just hoping the third character is a western pick or someone more up their alley, then sakurai pulls out edelgard and that's all we get until november

1558427403529.png

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
How awful am I of a person to want this to happen just to see the fanbase implode.
tfw entire fanbase ****ing dies and you realise things are probably only getting even more controversial after edelgard

1558427697471.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Forget Edelgard, they should put Claude in Smash. He can have a moveset based around handstands and hanging from the ceiling.

For his Final Smash, he flips the stage upside down causing everyone to fall off of it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Forget Edelgarde, they should put Claude in Smash. He can have a moveset based around handstands and hanging from the ceiling.

For his Final Smash, he flips the stage upside down causing everyone to fall off of it.
Stop, you're just making me want Rawk Hawk like I did back during Brawl.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
What's this "baboom leak" everyone is talking about?
Is that leak from 4chan that I have seen a screenshot of, that included Phoenix Wright?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
That's the one.
Well in that case I think it's 99% fake, because it stated that one of the characters was reciving a free echo, but if you have to pay for the character in order to get the "free" echo, it wouldn't be free anymore, and at the same time, it would be unfair to people who have bought the charcters individually instead of the full fighter pass, because one of them is reciving extra content for no additional costs and the other 4 ones aren't.
It just seems like a bad marketing move.
But maybe I'm wrong and it's that 1% of real... who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom