• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
it's introduced in P4G

atlus makes up new tarot cards as they need
You know all major arcana cards have multiple alternative names, right? Hunger is called Lust in the original text, which is the name of Strength in Thoth Tarot Deck. Same with Universe, Aeon and Consultant, ATLUS didn't make up any cards after P2.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How does it feel know that YOU WERE WRONG AND I WAS RIGHT LIKE THE CHAD BOX THEORY DEFENDER I WAS, HUH? I'M SURE YOU FEEL LIKE A DUMMY DUMDUM WHO IS DUMB.

In case it isn't obvious, this is satire. Is this what all the Box Theory Antagonists and Grinch Hoax Defenders thought people who opposed them would react?
Remember that guy who got so worked up because he thought Box theorists and Grinch Deniers were gonna take over the thread and take a steamy, violent **** on every one who believed it?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
When your a depressed piece of **** it's not that simple.
Understand completely, believe me.

If you need some alone time to process, do what you gotta do for you.

Just know we ain't giving you anything more than ribbing, and we'll be here waiting for ya.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A topic for you guys: How many of you had the bold stance of expecting a few unique newcomers in Ultimate's base game since the beginning. Did your mind change to expect a lower unique newcomer count after the Everyone is Here trailer aired? Was it at the point when Conorr first brought up the box theory sometime later in 2018?
My expectations were always a tad too much. Adding in the already revealed characters at the time...

Pre-E3: 15 Newcomers + 3 Clones
1558213135065.png

Post-E3: 9 Newcomers, 4 clones
I don't think I ever made a mockup. Anyways, it was BDee, King. K, Ashley, Gen 7 Mon, Elma, Paper Mario, Rayman + Dark Samus, Octoling, and one other.

Post-8/8: 10 Newcomers, 11 clones
1558213410029.png

Post-September: 8 Newcomers + 9 Echoes.
Lycanroc/Incin, BDee, and Geno + Ken, Shadow, Octoling, Impa, and Dixie.

BDee and Octolings were always on my lists.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How does it feel know that YOU WERE WRONG AND I WAS RIGHT LIKE THE CHAD BOX THEORY DEFENDER I WAS, HUH? I'M SURE YOU FEEL LIKE A DUMMY DUMDUM WHO IS DUMB.

In case it isn't obvious, this is satire. Is this what all the Box Theory Antagonists and Grinch Hoax Defenders thought people who opposed them would react?
Every time someone argues against someone else, both sides fear the fallout of the other person being right.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If that make you feel better, I'm actually quit into degenerate stuff myself, which is why I reacted so loudly when you posted those images. I know what get bad reaction around forum of those types, and I don't want you to follow a path that will cause you more problems than anything else.

D

Deleted member

I didn't believe the box theory. Was always more a proponent of the Smash Bros School Backpack theory.

D

Deleted member

Every time someone argues against someone else, both sides fear the fallout of the other person being right.
Nah. If you're wrong, you just make up bull**** on how it actually didn't matter who was right.

And while that's true, it might also make you look like a salty ***** lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
At first I thought we'd get the usual 15 or so, but after EVERYONE IS HERE I expected less.

Sometimes I thought we'd get more anyway (especially during the Grinch) but for the most part I never really thought we'd get a ton of characters.
I just thought we'd get a port of Smash 4 with the Ice Climbers and Wolf, maybe a few others. **** got real with Snake and ****ing Pichu and Young Link of all characters came back.

But then the boy Ridley popped off and it was pretty sick. Got my ****** Mega Man and Ryu back of course too.

We're really Marvel 2 out here.

D

Deleted member

I argued against box theory simply 'cause I didn't believe it. Got too heated about it and acted kinda dumb.

That's all there is to it for me, honestly. :drshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah... I was team neutral during the Box Theory/Grinch debate, b/c neither side convinced me 100%.

Plus the only character I would've gotten out of either leak was Shadow (Banjo was a minor want, not a major one), so I wasn't getting much out of it.

D

Deleted member

take it from smashboards' premier depressed piece of ****

Sometimes It Do Be Like That

the thread just likes to rib on people for stuff, yeah

you just gotta take it in stride and move forwards

the sooner you accept that nobody's being serious (and even if we were we have the attention span of a goldfish) the easier it is to enjoy yourself here

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
My expectations were always a tad too much. Adding in the already revealed characters at the time...

Pre-E3: 15 Newcomers + 3 Clones
View attachment 221784

Post-E3: 9 Newcomers, 4 clones
I don't think I ever made a mockup. Anyways, it was BDee, King. K, Ashley, Gen 7 Mon, Elma, Paper Mario, Rayman + Dark Samus, Octoling, and one other.

Post-8/8: 10 Newcomers, 11 clones
View attachment 221790
Post-September: 8 Newcomers + 9 Echoes.
Lycanroc/Incin, BDee, and Geno + Ken, Shadow, Octoling, Impa, and Dixie.

BDee and Octolings were always on my lists.
What did you have envisioned for the Arcade Bunny?

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
On one hand, I have depression, so I get it. On the other hand, you're fine my guy.

The thing about depression is that it warps your perception of reality so you don't see what's true. If you need to take some time that's fine, but just know that we appreciate having you around.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wondered why there was a debate about a box theory in the first place when Snake was already confirmed a long time ago.:substitute:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I didn't believe box theory because it sucked and I hated it
...at least you're honest about it.

Though, this way of thinking being common is why we can't have final reveals without drama, too many people refusing to accept the likelier outcome just because they don't like it.

D

Deleted member

Depression is a big fat liar who changes the way you see things. I understand if you need to take some time off, but know that nobody hates your presence here my guy.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
...at least you're honest about it.

Though, this way of thinking being common is why we can't have final reveals without drama, too many people refusing to accept the likelier outcome just because they don't like it.
I was joking, I didn't like box theory but I had far more valid reasons for not believing it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Overrated: Dragon Ball. Just Dragon Ball hands down...
Most underrated: Yu Yu Hakusho
I knew a few DBZ fanboys in high school and it caused me to hate the anime. In the present day, I think it has a cool cast of characters, but the story pacing is too slow and drawn out for my liking.
I AM interested in the original Dragon Ball, though.

YYH is on my watch list. I read bits and pieces of the manga and liked what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom