• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The lack of Min-Min's theme is a great travesty indeed.

...Man, I should play ARMS again. I only played it for like 20 or so hours; I really regret never getting invested in it.
who would win: the entire soundtrack of a franchise with both an assist trophy and mii costume, or one ring a ding

D

Deleted member

Y'all ever just have some **** go down that just gives you like a billion different emotions at once?

Because that's me right now.

Some heavy **** went down and I have no idea how to process it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This may have already been discussed before, but apparently this happened recently (not embedded due to profanity) https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1125829826970042369

DIC was planning to produce other Nintendo and Nintendo-related cartoons besides Zelda, Mario and Captain N, and among these was a Metroid cartoon...with a male Samus.

...yeah.
A male Samus would’ve been both stupid and lame anyways
who would win: the entire soundtrack of a franchise with both an assist trophy and mii costume, or one ring a ding

Persona 5

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
only really betting on SMB2 as a free update down the line tbh

odyssey is possible with cappy mechanics but they'd need to make cappy animations for all four playable characters and that seems like more trouble than it's worth
Toad and Toadette finally take off their mushroom heads, revealing once and for all that they're just hats.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Maybe time travel is such that you can't change the past because it just splits into a new timeline.
Or maybe it's like the book Timeline, where (iirc) you're just travelling to an alternate dimension that's at a different point in time, not actually moving through the flow of time itself.

... I really just like talking about time travel.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when you go to close photoshop from the day's memes and these are the only two layers visible at the time

1558120955837.png

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Maybe time travel is such that you can't change the past because it just splits into a new timeline.
Or maybe it's like the book Timeline, where (iirc) you're just travelling to an alternate dimension that's at a different point in time, not actually moving through the flow of time itself.

... I really just like talking about time travel.
I know this whole time travel stuff started because of Endgame, but I just wanna say I like their explanation.

When you travel to the past, what is now the future is your own personal past. (IE you started in 2018, travel back to 1980. 2018 is now your personal past, because you used to live in 2018, and 1980 is now the present, because that's where you are right now). Ergo, you can't affect 2018, because it's the past for you. Any changes you make in 1980 will only affect the timeline you're on right now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yknow since i can finally enjoy smash online let's see what the people have come up with

20190517_142036.jpg

man i hate the internet

D

Deleted member

I know this whole time travel stuff started because of Endgame, but I just wanna say I like their explanation.

When you travel to the past, what is now the future is your own personal past. (IE you started in 2018, travel back to 1980. 2018 is now your personal past, because you used to live in 2018, and 1980 is now the present, because that's where you are right now). Ergo, you can't affect 2018, because it's the past for you. Any changes you make in 1980 will only affect the timeline you're on right now.
That's just how they explain the Branching Timeline/Alternate Reality mechanics in Layman's Terms inside the movie

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The first Smash DLC expansion will involve Endgame-like Time Travel, and Snake will travel back in time only to discover just how dummy thicc he used to be.

D

Deleted member

Also very late, but RIP to Grumpy Cat. Losing a pet really does hurt and I'm sure she brought countless laughs to many around the world.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I really need a computer, just so I don't have to wait well over 30 seconds for these pages to load at all. Mobile is terrible.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This may have already been discussed before, but apparently this happened recently (not embedded due to profanity) https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1125829826970042369

DIC was planning to produce other Nintendo and Nintendo-related cartoons besides Zelda, Mario and Captain N, and among these was a Metroid cartoon...with a male Samus.

...yeah.
To be fair, at that point most people legit didn't know "Metroid," or Samus, was a girl. To find that out you either had to clear the game fast or use the Justin Bailey code, neither of which were commonly known outside of fan magazines.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I really need a computer, just so I don't have to wait well over 30 seconds for these pages to load at all. Mobile is terrible.
See this?

This is why I bought Premium the first time around.

It's a heckin' nightmare regardless but ads are the brunt of just how horrid it is.

Iridium

Smash Hero
See this?

This is why I bought Premium the first time around.

It's a heckin' nightmare regardless but ads are the brunt of just how horrid it is.
This, and having to deal with so many embeds per page at once is awful.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Another couple Time Travel Tidbits™
  • We are only ever aware of the time travel in movies because we're watching from the viewpoint of the protagonists. For anyone outside the time travel, life appears to be how it always has. Our past could have been changed and we'd never know because from our perspective this is just what history has always looked like.
  • The other possibility (as in much of fiction) is that time travel will be developed on a small, isolated scale. There wouldn't be a large, obvious influx of travelers, just a few who have meddled in events. Maybe someone will go back and kill Hitler in that bunker, and that's just how the history in our world has always reflected it.
  • Maybe it's a one way trip and anyone who jumped has lived out their days in the far past when they'd be dismissed as crazy, a witch, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom