• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Laura Bailey, Travis Willingham and Quinton Flynn aren't in TSR.
Looks like Erica Lindbeck, Dave Mitchell, Patrick Seitz and Bryce Papenbrook have taken over their roles as Blaze/Omochao, Knuckles, Zavok and Silver respectively.

Omega has another new voice too which isn't surprising

Teeb147

Smash Legend
every tetris app bar the relatively unpopular tetris premium is free to download

that's the metric they're counting here, not purchases

500 mil sales would be absolutely ridiculous and immediately recorded on wikipedia
"Tetris has been downloaded 425 million times on mobile platforms - and that doesn't include its free-to-play iterations. "

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-04-08-tetris-now-at-425-million-paid-mobile-downloads

that was 4-5 years ago tho. i saw 500 million. but im too lazy to look further now

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The thing with Time Travel that people forget is that one event leads to a whole new can of worms. There’s a reason for the quote, “Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it”. For example, if you kill a Tyrant, that means new events transpire where somebody else tries the same thing, but you wouldn’t be able to fix that because...well, you did that one thing. That was your goal.

It’s why we teach historical events in schools. Yes, slavery, genocide, police brutality, even public surveillance...all of those things can lead to further disruption of human rights, and that’s why it’s so important to show these things and learn from them.

To be honest, that’s why I get extremely frustrated when people complain that slavery or “violent” acts are shown because it “glorifies them”. It may not be be a widespread suggestion by folks that those shouldn’t be talked about, but i’ve absolutely see folks on social media saying that “bad things” shouldn’t be in shows, movies, or other media.

If we remove those things from view, they’re forgotten. We forget how people have been treated and how those things are bad.

While we can’t change the past, we have a responsibility to change our ways for a better and brighter future. There’s no other way to do that than to have the tough conversations and acknowledge a rough, troubled and storied past.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i wonder which version they're talking about, then. a paid mobile tetris app selling over 425 million should be at the top of the charts all day every day.
You're right it would've been good to mention that.

It's possible that the version became free later on. i dont know really.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Looks like Erica Lindbeck, Dave Mitchell, Patrick Seitz and Bryce Papenbrook have taken over their roles as Blaze/Omochao, Knuckles, Zavok and Silver respectively.

Legitimately surprised Alexis Tipton didn't get Blaze.

D

Deleted member

While we can’t change the past
If you think about it, is the past not just as malleable as future? The only true evidence of the past we have is our own memories in a way, our own memories which change and mould over time into something new. Our memory isn't a perfect archive. If our own memories of the past change, does the past itself change too?
anyways playstation all stars fun game am i right lads

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
well, we can't always reduce her to the role of discount laura bailey
Oh I know, but considering Patrick Seitz voiced Zavok due to being the default Travis Willingham soundalike, it just seemed interesting.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Sorry if this has already been discussed, though...
Did you hear that rumor that probably there will be more than just one "extra" style in Mario Maker 2?
The style menu has a separate section for extra "stiles" and people noticed the plural in the direct.

Well, if DLC styles will be a thing, what do you hope/want/think will be added to the game?

This is my opinion
-Some people speculated that Mario Galaxy is going to become a style, and I agree with that.
-Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey are too gimmicky and don't have the traditional power-ups, so I doubt they will be in, but who knows...
-Super Mario Bros 2 is probably going to be a style too
-I doubt they will put effort into this, but a Mario Land 2 style would be totally possible, with all the unique gimmicks the game has (the bubble, the resin, the space suit, etc...); maybe mixed with some elements of Mario Land 1 such as the submarine and the airplane. I doubt they will do it because it's black and white and it would be confusing in multiplayer (unless they remove the ability to be played in muliplayer to all the levels made with this style, or they use colors only for the playable characters and only in multiplayer mode).
-It won't happen but it would be nice to have a Super Paper Mario style, with enemies that take more than one hit to be defeated, a level-up system (very simplified and based on the score, resets each level) and so... I'm not sure about the 3D gimmick, maybe that can only be referenced by the way how enemies spawn but it wouldn't affect the player directly.
-There is a possibility that some styles are crossover, such as a Megaman style, or even a Sonic style... or maybe other Nintendo franchises such as Kirby and Metroid.

Of all of them, what I'm hoping for the most is the Mario Land 2 style, even if it's a bit unlikely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you think about it, is the past not just as malleable as future? The only true evidence of the past we have is our own memories in a way, our own memories which change and mould over time into something new. Our memory isn't a perfect archive. If our own memories of the past change, does the past itself change too?
anyways playstation all stars fun game am i right lads
So pretty much
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Luigi's Mansion 3 is, unsurprisingly, a virtual guarantee for E3.

It just got rated in South Korea.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Did you hear that rumor that probably there will be more than just one "extra" style in Mario Maker 2?
The style menu has a separate section for extra "stiles" and people noticed the plural in the direct.

Well, if DLC styles will be a thing, what do you hope/want/think will be added to the game?

This is my opinion
-Some people speculated that Mario Galaxy is going to become a style, and I agree with that.
-Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey are too gimmicky and don't have thetraditional power-ups, so I doubt they will be in, but who knows...
-I doubt they will put effort into this, but a Mario Land 2 style would be totally possible, with all the unique gimmicks the game has (the bubble, the resin, the space suit, etc...); maybe mixed with some elements of Mario Land 1 such as the submarine and the airplane. I doubt they will do it because it's black and white and it would be confusing in multiplayer (unless they remove the ability to be played in muliplayer to all the levels made with this style, or they use colors only for the playable characters and only in multiplayer mode).
-It won't happen but it would be nice a Super Paper Mario style, with enemies that take more than one hit to be defeated, a level-up system (very simplified and based on the score, resets each level) and so... I'm not sure about the 3D gimmick, maybe that can only be referenced by the way how enemies spawn but it wouldn't affect the player directly.
-There is a possibility that some styles are crossover, such as a Megaman style, or even a Sonic style... or maybe other Nintendo franchises such as Kirby and Metroid.

Of all of them, what I'm hoping for the most is the Mario Land 2 style, even if it's a bit unlikely.
only really betting on SMB2 as a free update down the line tbh

odyssey is possible with cappy mechanics but they'd need to make cappy animations for all four playable characters and that seems like more trouble than it's worth

D

Deleted member

This is my opinion
-Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey are too gimmicky and don't have thetraditional power-ups, so I doubt they will be in, but who knows...
-It won't happen but it would be nice a Super Paper Mario style, with enemies that take more than one hit to be defeated, a level-up system (very simplified and based on the score, resets each level) and so... I'm not sure about the 3D gimmick, maybe that can only be referenced by the way how enemies spawn but it wouldn't affect the player directly.

Could see a Yoshi's Island style maybe happening, but rn I'd bet on the extra style being Mario 2 and it's gonna be revealed at the invitational with the competitors playing the last level in that style.

D

Deleted member

The thing with Time Travel that people forget is that one event leads to a whole new can of worms. There’s a reason for the quote, “Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it”. For example, if you kill a Tyrant, that means new events transpire where somebody else tries the same thing, but you wouldn’t be able to fix that because...well, you did that one thing. That was your goal.

It’s why we teach historical events in schools. Yes, slavery, genocide, police brutality, even public surveillance...all of those things can lead to further disruption of human rights, and that’s why it’s so important to show these things and learn from them.

To be honest, that’s why I get extremely frustrated when people complain that slavery or “violent” acts are shown because it “glorifies them”. It may not be be a widespread suggestion by folks that those shouldn’t be talked about, but i’ve absolutely see folks on social media saying that “bad things” shouldn’t be in shows, movies, or other media.

If we remove those things from view, they’re forgotten. We forget how people have been treated and how those things are bad.

While we can’t change the past, we have a responsibility to change our ways for a better and brighter future. There’s no other way to do that than to have the tough conversations and acknowledge a rough, troubled and storied past.
as long as it's handled with grace (i.e. get a black person on your staff so they can tell you if you're being a dumbass) stories involving stuff like slavery or racism can be incredibly thought provoking and lead to good conversations

this goes for any story that involves some sort of sensitive material like ****, suicide, genocide, etc

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Could see a Yoshi's Island style maybe happening, but rn I'd bet on the extra style being Mario 2 and it's gonna be revealed at the invitational with the competitors playing the last level in that style.
Oh, right, Yoshi's Island/Story is very possible too... what if each character is a baby version riding a Yoshi?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Not surprised Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham didn't return. Laura doesn't really do dubs anymore and Travis has been MIA as well, possibly due to the birth of his son. I will miss both of them as I loved their takes on the characters, but Erica is a great replacement for Blaze and (assuming he's playing them) Patrick should do a good job with Knuckles and Zavok. As for Vic, yeah I think everyone knows why he's gone and Aaron LaPlante (again, assuming it's him) will be great with Omega considering his role as Hackmon.

What I'm surprised about is the loss of Quinton Flynn, as far as I know there shouldn't be any conflicts with him so it's surprising he's gone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Erica Lindbeck has experience with Fiery Princesses tbf :p
On today's episode of "Wow, this fan art actually existed long before the announcement making it it funny in retrospect..."
By JDrider on reddit

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Not surprised Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham didn't return. Laura doesn't really do dubs anymore and Travis has been MIA as well, possibly due to the birth of his son. I will miss both of them as I loved their takes on the characters, but Erica is a great replacement for Blaze and (assuming he's playing them) Patrick should do a good job with Knuckles and Zavok. As for Vic, yeah I think everyone knows why he's gone and Aaron LaPlante (again, assuming it's him) will be great with Omega considering his role as Hackmon.

What I'm surprised about is the loss of Quinton Flynn, as far as I know there shouldn't be any conflicts with him so it's surprising he's gone.
Dave Mitchell is who everyone's thinking is Knuckles' voice, probably because of his role as Bentley in Spyro.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Luigi's Mansion 3 is, unsurprisingly, a virtual guarantee for E3.

It just got rated in South Korea.
That’s really good, wasn’t Three Houses just rated? We could be getting LM3 very soon, maybe August/October.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw i can either get switch vouchers for mario maker + astral chain/fire emblem, or i can spend a near-equal amount on a small 13 inch futaba figma

real decision time

D

Deleted member

So I just realized that ARMS has no music in Smash and this crime must be rectified.
The lack of Min-Min's theme is a great travesty indeed.

...Man, I should play ARMS again. I only played it for like 20 or so hours; I really regret never getting invested in it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

ay yo I love Bryce Papenbrook

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone find it odd that if I remember right, Spring Man’s Assist Trophy doesn’t appear in his spirit battle? I seem to recall it being that way in WoL

Every other AT/Pokeball who had a spirit had their AT/Pokeball incarnation show up except him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom