• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I’m also very excited for the combination of Manuela and Dorothea being the most “fanservice” designs there is with students developing their own unique designs after the timeskip. A big complaint most people had was the little variety in the school uniforms.

D

Deleted member

"Are there any 'femme fatales' like Camilla or Tharja?"
Answer: "Not that I know of. The fanservice is more subdued this time around. Dorothea and Manuela are probably the closest you'll get from the characters revealed so far, but even they are quite different from the likes of Camilla or Tharja."
Holy **** if Dorothea is the peak fanservice of this game we're in for a good ride.

You fight the students of other Houses and they die which means it'll be Fates done properly. It's gonna be a war between all 3 nations and ****, this is going to be heartbraking, isn't it?
Also, more replay value which is always nice.

"I feel like Three Houses is the opposite of Fates in terms of marketing. The school setting was just a facade for a much darker storyline. And there will be more than three countries involved..."
Oh god oh **** I'm not ready

>Edlegard, Dorothea and Lynhardt are bisexual
THIS BETTER BE TRUE BECAUSE THESE WERE ALREADY SOME OF MY FAVORITES PLEASE DELIVER THE BI GANG TO ME INTSYS

Honestly, having more gay options for Byleth is already welcomed but hearing there are options for the other units as well makes me happy as the fact that in Fates only Corrin could do them annoyed me a bit.
Having more openly LGBT characters is probably the hypest thing for me outside of "it's the oplosite of Fates and we are all being bamboozled"

osby

Smash Obsessed
I thought I wouldn't be excited for Three Houses anymore, but here I am. If it's at least as enjoyable as Awakening, I'm sold.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So a MASSIVE Three Houses leak may have just happened. Like, mostly STORY stuff.

And I'm actually really hyped.
>FE fans who don't want to get spoiled but who will have to face the mass of peoples who are going to talk about said spoilers until the game release.
badass standing darkness.gif

Also, no, i'm not a FE fan and I don't care about those kind of spoilers, in fact, I'm going to read as many as I can right now lol.

D

Deleted member

DIMITRI BETTER HAIR AND EYEPATCH

DIMITRI BETTER HAIR AND EYEPATCH
Punished Dimitri

Also, apparently Edelgard has an additional route compared to Dimitri and Claude so guess who's definitely joining Smash instead of the other two :foe!:

D

Deleted member

PSX_20190512_123513.jpg

i lived, *****

A note to any Moderators or Administrators viewing this post:

I understand that the use of a certain word may be distasteful and disrespectful. As I have learned, the word (pardon my vulgar language) “*****” is a word that means female dog, however, it’s usage has evolved over time to become a pejorative insult for a person who is “belligerent, unreasonable, malicious, a control freak, rudely intrusive or aggressive”. However, my usage of it is not to express discontent with or insult anyone in the thread or on Smashboards as a whole. It is more to help add expressiveness to my post and amplify the voice of my post. It is less of an insult or playful jab, but more of a word that adds a little bit of punch to my post, despite the unwelcome profane language. I recognize that even in the guise of context, it is important to understand how things can be viewed in the face of the public. This is why I am explaining my statement to not just the staff of Smashboards, but also the general public, guests, and sponsors who may be watching the thread. Hopefully this provides not a guise of context, but the actual context to all who read this post. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed day! : )

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what i will say is that if all this is true, then it seems strange they've kept the time skip so close to their vest in marketing.

while i get that they might want it to be a big surprise and a cool moment, the school theme rubs a lot of people the wrong way, so even the smallest reassurance that there's a more traditional fire emblem game waiting beyond a certain chapter would go a long way into winning people over.

i also don't feel like a sudden shift away from the school meshes at all with the calendar/exam promotion system so i'm a little skeptical it's actually real, though it's not impossible those could be reworked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That feel when everyone is talking about Three Houses spoilers.

On a serious note, I highly doubt I'll enjoy a modern Fire Emblem story these days given how I'm numb to Fates and Awakening's stories. I liked Echoes' story, but that was built upon and already established foundation.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
View attachment 220248
i lived, *****

I understand that the use of a certain word may be distasteful and disrespectful. As I have learned, the word (pardon my vulgar language) “*****” is a word that means female dog, however, it’s usage has evolved over time to become a pejorative insult for a person who is “belligerent, unreasonable, malicious, a control freak, rudely intrusive or aggressive”. However, my usage of it is not to express discontent with or insult anyone in the thread or on Smashboards as a whole. It is more to help add expressiveness to my post and amplify the voice of my post. It is less of an insult or playful jab, but more of a word that adds a little bit of punch to my post, despite the unwelcome profane language. I recognize that even in the guise of context, it is important to understand how things can be viewed in the face of the public. This is why I am explaining my statement to not just the staff of Smashboards, but also the general public, guests, and sponsors who may be watching the thread. Hopefully this provides not a guise of context, but the actual context to all who read this post. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed day! : )
shut up your gay

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Are there any 'femme fatales' like Camilla or Tharja?"
Answer: "Not that I know of. The fanservice is more subdued this time around. Dorothea and Manuela are probably the closest you'll get from the characters revealed so far, but even they are quite different from the likes of Camilla or Tharja."
Holy **** if Dorothea is the peak fanservice of this game we're in for a good ride.

You fight the students of other Houses and they die which means it'll be Fates done properly. It's gonna be a war between all 3 nations and ****, this is going to be heartbraking, isn't it?
Also, more replay value which is always nice.

"I feel like Three Houses is the opposite of Fates in terms of marketing. The school setting was just a facade for a much darker storyline. And there will be more than three countries involved..."
Oh god oh **** I'm not ready

>Edlegard, Dorothea and Lynhardt are bisexual
THIS BETTER BE TRUE BECAUSE THESE WERE ALREADY SOME OF MY FAVORITES PLEASE DELIVER THE BI GANG TO ME INTSYS

Honestly, having more gay options for Byleth is already welcomed but hearing there are options for the other units as well makes me happy as the fact that in Fates only Corrin could do them annoyed me a bit.
Having more openly LGBT characters is probably the hypest thing for me outside of "it's the oplosite of Fates and we are all being bamboozled"
I want to see some dude bro conservative red play through and think he’s just being friendly with the boys only to find out that he accidentally romanced them when they end up making out or in bed. I want to see him squirm

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 220248
i lived, *****

D5CE9ufWAAA5S0D.jpg

I didn't see that post or that image coming today.

Welcome back faygo! :D

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Negative: this charley horse still hurts like hell and I got only 3hrs of sleep before a 10hr work day followed by going to my parents' house to move their furniture and help them pack.

Positive: I used my time icing and massaging my calf to finish Kakegurui. I did it Hinata Hinata

Nani the ****?

osby

Smash Obsessed
i lived, *****

You didn't waste any time. Welcome back.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
There's a thread about it on /r/fireemblem right now, if you want to look.

Also, since this isn't really a spoiler I'll say this: the user in question rates Fates's story as a 2/10 and Genealogy's a 10/10.

They rated Three Houses a 9/10.
> They rendered the original theme from E3 2018 out with a more crappier version
> some areas look like it's a GameCube game
> the thread over a frenzy about the designs

> Three Houses says "**** you" to the route it was going for fanservice after Fates
> "Three Houses is actually a 9/10"

IS IT TIME??? I THINK IT MIGHT BE.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 220248
i lived, *****

:098:FAYGOSHILL HAS RETURNED!:098:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, I think that Three Houses could work as my first Fire Emblem gam-

*JDCabrera remembers the huge list of games awaiting to be bought this year*

0408BBC9-590C-4738-BF27-372122B22E4E.jpeg

...sigh, I guess I must wait then.

D

Deleted member

>Edelgard, Linhardt and Dorothea are bi
>Sothis is bi and thus romanceable
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 220248
i lived, *****

he can b pretty whacc
he do not lacc
but most importantly
he bacc

D

Deleted member

shut up your gay
While I would love to respond to this post with a clever "no u" or another variation of said joke, it has come to my attention that the Moderators and Administrators of Smashboards are not fond of those types of jokes. Even in the guise of context, it is important to understand how things can be viewed in the face of the public. Therefore, participating in such actions would be considered "flaming". I respectfully ask that you take any grievances to Forum Support : )

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
While I would love to respond to this post with a clever "no u" or another variation of said joke, it has come to my attention that the Moderators and Administrators of Smashboards are not fond of those types of jokes. Even in the guise of context, it is important to understand how things can be viewed in the face of the public. Therefore, participating in such actions would be considered "flaming". I respectfully ask that you take any grievances to Forum Support : )
faygo returns to the ultimate social thread, c. may 15 2019

1557931420189.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cap with the hammer wasn’t hype?
it should have been but it just... wasn’t. Maybe if he had gotten done new Captain Asgard costume along with it. But it just wasn’t that exciting. No joke, during the fight scene I was just thinking “you should see what Superman can do with that stuff”
797CDB3E-0404-4428-A808-F97C468D57EF.jpeg

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
punished faygo

D

Deleted member

an insight into how the faygoshill's mind slowly breaks down on his second trip to baby jail, c. 2019
Screenshot_2019-05-14-08-09-17~2.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Something has broken you.

D

Deleted member

> They rendered the original theme from E3 2018 out with a more crappier version
> some areas look like it's a GameCube game
> the thread over a frenzy about the designs

> Three Houses says "**** you" to the route it was going for fanservice after Fates
> "Three Houses is actually a 9/10"

IS IT TIME??? I THINK IT MIGHT BE.

Everyone's talking about the story, but I hope Three Houses has stellar gameplay and map design. Something similar to Conquest, FE 7, FE 9, or FE 10. Echoes and 2/3rds of Fates bored me and I wasn't feeling the pair-up mechanic in Awakening when I got better at the game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Everyone's talking about the story, but I hope Three Houses has stellar gameplay and map design. Something similar to Conquest, FE 7, FE 9, or FE 10. Echoes and 2/3rds of Fates bored me and I wasn't feeling the pair-up mechanic in Awakening when I got better at the game.
seconds before disaster

1557931705703.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 220248
i lived, *****

Hello fellow user!

Thank you for detailing to me and the fellow human users as to your stance on the usage of the word referring to a canine of the female biology!

Very educational! Very useful for me, the actual Pyra, who knows about the language and likes reading about it!

Reported for saying *****

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So a MASSIVE Three Houses leak may have just happened. Like, mostly STORY stuff.

And I'm actually really hyped.
God ****ing dammit it's Endgame all over again.

Nobody post spoilers in this ****ing forum without a labeled spoiler tag or I will cut you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 220255
fam you're proving that it's possible to have bad opinions
Endgame just didn’t do it for me. I feel like it should have. I feel like I should have had a blast. But I just... didn’t. Not compared to Aquaman, Shazam, or even Justice League as weird as that movie was.

i just can’t stop thinking about all the survivors. Just bringing their loved ones back isn’t going to fix them. A lot can change in 5 years, just look at Tony. How many of them moved on and love new people (like what happened in Castaway). Or how many people are now so mentally ****ed up that they just can’t resume their normal relationships. Are their lives any better? These thoughts just couldn’t escape me during the whole film and constantly brought me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom