• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Uh. Are you a teacher? No need to be rude about it, but if you’re not a teacher I really don’t think you should be saying they “should do their job”.
Not saying you're in the wrong but I disagree with this point. Teachers should be able to be criticized even if the one doing it is not a teacher. It's a very important job.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Broski do you know how many times I've wanted to post STFU on here

Granted, maybe for Banjo I won't post that

Though I can guarantee you if somehow Rex & Pyra get in I am posting that to hell and back and get banned for two weeks for what I'll say, I can promise you that lol
I’m having trouble seeing how that aligns with my response but I’m with you

I’ve got an unusually high amount of Pyra dabbing images on my computer at the moment

D

Deleted member

I don’t necessarily want specific leaks, but if someone could sauce me at least the gameplay related stuff, that would be great. I want to know more and Nintendo just isn’t moving fast enough!
Right? Literally all we know from directs is that it's Fire Emblem but with a different My Castle feature.

Man if Faygo turned into this after a simple oopsie, God knows how my soul gonna turn out when Banjo gets revealed and I style on y'all lmao
I'm going to make everyone give up their ****ing souls to the Gods of Bets and no moderation is going to stop me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you wish to discuss said "oopsie", please refrain from discussing it in public in the Ultimate Social Thread. The Ultimate Social Thread is neither the time nor the place for it, and Forum Support is a much better place to voice your concerns and frustrations with how certain situations were/are being handled. However, there are no issues or problems on the Smash World Forums as of right now so there is no reason for you to do so.

There is no war in Ba Sing Se.
You didn't say "please", I hope you enjoy your stay in Shadow Realm.

D

Deleted member

being thrown into baby jail again for Reasons that cannot be discussed outside of Forum Support like
5d655ac.jpg

Roberk

Smash Champion
Byleth yeets Edelgard off of a cliff to get the Fire Emblem and then uses it to snap Claude away from existence, leaving us only with the banana hair lord.
93E2E883-FE10-446D-9D5B-23EDFAA53D6F.jpeg

When the leak actually says that you kill other students and lords and official trailers give Byleth evil corruption vibes.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Not saying you're in the wrong but I disagree with this point. Teachers should be able to be criticized even if the one doing it is not a teacher. It's a very important job.
Counter point: "do your job" should really only apply as a critique when one knows how to do that job.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Speaking of Forum Support, I posted my post there and really it got nowhere so lol

Hey, at the least if there's anything to be glad about today is that we have a Mario Maker 2 Direct and a good chance Three Houses will be a good Fire Emblem game after an eternity.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
TFW you support the Google Leak roster but will still delete your account because Erdrick isn't a part of it.

who better to kill the most widespread rumor in smash DLC history than the boss who specializes in killing swordsmen over and over and over and over and over and over and

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Counter point: "do your job" should really only apply as a critique when one knows how to do that job.
I see what you mean but I don't necessarily agree 100%. Hypothetically, if you have no idea how to teach, but you have a kid in school who is constantly getting bullied and harassed, I think you telling some staff there to "do their job" would be completely justified. Not saying this in direct reference to the specific situation being discussed right now, but just as an example

Roberk

Smash Champion
Speaking of Forum Support, I posted my post there and really it got nowhere so lol

Hey, at the least if there's anything to be glad about today is that we have a Mario Maker 2 Direct and a good chance Three Houses will be a good Fire Emblem game after an eternity.
1557933186658.png

Okay but go off.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh also welcome back @faygoshill.

I was tempted to tag you last night the moment the ban lifted but decided against it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Will never be happy again"? That's not how traumas work.
Trauma is like putting a knife through your psyche. You can’t just stitch it up like you can with a physical injury though. That damage stays and stays forever. Just bringing those people back won’t fix al the people who survived. Heck, this is kind of dark but what if some people were so distraught by it that they ended their own lives. The people coming back won’t fix that. The snap should have been wiped from history and these people’s minds should have been spared.

D

Deleted member

It's a rude remark for sure but if I saw two students fighting and the teacher just stood there(not saying it's the case in this situation btw), I think "do your job" is a fitting sentence to shout at them.

D

Deleted member

who better to kill the most widespread rumor in smash DLC history than the boss who specializes in killing swordsmen over and over and over and over and over and over and
MFW people might support Artorias but criticize Erdrick for being a generic swordfighter.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That’s not what I said. I didn’t say “don’t criticize teachers”.

The point is, if you don’t have the same experience, if you didn’t know the situation, if you didn’t know the kids in the room, then it’s kinda tough for somebody to say, “They should have done their job!”, when you know nothing aside from the incident itself. There are certain procedures that have to followed as professionals in order to avoid conflict with parents, students, and peers.

Plus, if any of you guys told me to “do my job”, I wouldn’t quite take that well. It would be different if you guys were teachers or had observed. People have quite simply no idea what kinds of work good teachers do.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also the google ads are gone now, so the guy's clearly had enough of having his bank account wiped straight out

osby

Smash Obsessed
Trauma is like putting a knife through your psyche. You can’t just stitch it up like you can with a physical injury though. That damage stays and stays forever. Just bringing those people back won’t fix al the people who survived. Heck, this is kind of dark but what if some people were so distraught by it that they ended their own lives. The people coming back won’t fix that. The snap should have been wiped from history and these people’s minds should have been spared.
I disagree. Heroes can't fix everything. Yeah, the snap was horrible but so are wars and people actually came back from this unlike the other mass killings. Scott and Cassie showed it's possible for people to rebuild their lives despite the trauma. I think you are giving too little credit to how strong humans can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom