• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
the first problem is the girl stuck her nose in something she shouldnt have, the second problem is the teacher themselves didnt tell them to stop talking, the third problem is the boy didnt stop and think first before acting
It’s not that simple, unfortunately. There are students who do want to watch a movie in class because it’s furthering their education. Considering the boys who were talking, they have a history of being troublemakers and being obnoxious.

When kids want to learn, they speak up.

The behavior of the young man obviously isn’t going to be tolerated, but the fact that he tried following the girl to another room characterizes what I personally feel is a symptom of toxicity. He felt the need to follow her and continue to say awful things to her. While I wasn’t there to see it start, it’s not always easy for a teacher on their own to just “break it up” so to speak.

When kids get heated, it doesn’t matter what you say. They’ll just keep going, especially if they don’t like each other.
That’s the sad truth of things.

Once someone threatened to kick my *** and the teachers haven’t really done jack**** about that. I’ll be honest they didn’t know their name, and neither did I, say I said once I saw them I’d let them know, and I did once, and they just said “Nate keep working.” Some teachers are just really checked out.

Truth be told I could go on and on about the issues I have with teachers not doing anything about threats such as that, and not being open minded at all, etc., but that’d take a while. Either way they have to put up with a lot of crap, so I shouldn’t complain.
That’s unfortunate. I’m sorry you have teachers that act that way. While I myself could be even better than I currently am, I always try to make it known that students are aware that I see what’s going on and do not approve.

I haven’t had anything truly escalate to that level in my classroom this year, but I talk down any sort of insult and actively encourage any students to approach me with any type of bullying that may be occurring that I might miss.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It’s not that simple, unfortunately. There are students who do want to watch a movie in class because it’s furthering their education. Considering the boys who were talking, they have a history of being troublemakers and being obnoxious.

so why didnt the teacher do their ****ing job and shut them up themselves? Or are the teachers there just ****. Call the principle, actually assume your authority

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

The behavior of the young man obviously isn’t going to be tolerated, but the fact that he tried following the girl to another room characterizes what I personally feel is a symptom of toxicity. He felt the need to follow her and continue to say awful things to her. While I wasn’t there to see it start, it’s not always easy for a teacher on their own to just “break it up” so to speak.

When kids get heated, it doesn’t matter what you say. They’ll just keep going, especially if they don’t like each other.

That’s unfortunate. I’m sorry you have teachers that act that way. While I myself could be even better than I currently am, I always try to make it known that students are aware that I see what’s going on and do not approve.

I haven’t had anything truly escalate to that level in my classroom this year, but I talk down any sort of insult and actively encourage any students to approach me with any type of bullying that may be occurring that I might miss.
Eh the schools kinda known amongst students for not having very good teachers. Almost all of them are either smart aleks, rude, or just don't care about their job. After several years I've gotten used to it. Honestly though my depression started around when I joined that school. I wouldn't be a surprised if that school is a main factor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So a MASSIVE Three Houses leak may have just happened. Like, mostly STORY stuff.

And I'm actually really hyped.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
OK every previous time I say this I didn't have any idea why anyone would paint over a koala like this

But I just realized there's a plaque there and that my local area has a bunch of elk-shaped art installations that are painted over in various ways so this is probably some kind of tourism draw for some poor Aussie city.
Okay. that sculpture has a fairly fascinating history, and apparently, it's an art piece and was made to spread awareness of a Koala Sanctuary in Australia. And it's not just the Mario one, there's a whole bunch of them, like Sailor Moon, Mickey Mouse, and so on...

D

Deleted member

It's interesting talking to a teacher because I bet you'd hate me if I was your student XD. I was the kid who would always cut in during the lecture to say a smartass joke. My English teacher once cut the class short in the last five minutes during Dracula because I made Dracula noises when he was talking about the innuendos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So a MASSIVE Three Houses leak may have just happened. Like, mostly STORY stuff.

And I thought staying away from Endgame spoilers over the release date weekend was tough. Now I'm gonna have to spend over 2 months avoiding TH spoilers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thanks, We love you too
I don’t want y’all love
(y’all just shoot me down anyways)
Goro Akechi vs. Goro from Mortal Kombat!

Round 1. FIGHT!
Akechi better be the one to lose

If it doesn’t involve the avatar being the main villain the entire time, then I don’t trust it already

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's a thread about it on /r/fireemblem right now, if you want to look.

Also, since this isn't really a spoiler I'll say this: the user in question rates Fates's story as a 2/10 and Genealogy's a 10/10.

They rated Three Houses a 9/10.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Also, since this isn't really a spoiler I'll say this: the user in question rates Fates's story as a 2/10 and Genealogy's a 10/10.

Reading through it now, I’m really hyped. There isn’t much competetiton for “best story” in terms of first party games on the Switch, so hopefully there’s something to make this game stand out. I love the Genealogy vibes I’m getting, these are some dark tones.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thread: "Oh my gosh, you were homeschooled? How is that even legal?!"

Also Thread: *proceeds to list off every possible failing of the public school system to the point that it's very obvious to us outliers that we dodged a bullet*

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Also Thread: *proceeds to list off every possible failing of the public school system to the point that it's very obvious to us outliers that we dodged a bullet*
Failing can be fun when done right and in style

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

>sothis is romancable

1557929648289.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Sometimes I wish I was homeschooled. Actually I wish that a lot.

D

Deleted member

How the hell would thus have happened though?

Please be true please be true please be true
brb gonna check it right now

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Even doing homeschool has its problems so nothing is completely innocent

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
at the very least i'm glad they've upped the amount of gay romance options tenfold, even to main characters like edelgard and claude

f!byleth gets more for Reasons™, but still a massive improvement

now it just remains to be seen if there are supports beyond just byleth, and if byleth is actually anything more than a mute

Roberk

Smash Champion
Literally the one negative thing, from what I've read.
I'm also reading that you can romance students which is distasteful because of the student/teacher power dynamic alone. Hopefully it takes place more in the time skip than the school setting.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
at the very least i'm glad they've upped the amount of gay romance options tenfold, even to main characters like edelgard and claude

f!byleth gets more for Reasons™, but still a massive improvement

now it just remains to be seen if there are supports beyond just byleth, and if byleth is actually anything more than a mute
Yeah but its to bad it seems like the male version got less options then the female version

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I was homeschooled all through highschool and bro lol that **** was amazing. I cheated on all my work and then got bored of it so I dropped out, got a 29 on my ACT and got my GED. **** was cash

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm also reading that you can romance students which is distasteful because of the student/teacher power dynamic alone. Hopefully it takes place more in the time skip than the school setting.
Yeah. Honestly based on what's been said I'm hoping it's post-time skip, which would make the most story sense.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
DIMITRI BETTER HAIR AND EYEPATCH

DIMITRI BETTER HAIR AND EYEPATCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom