• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's not the true Fire Emblem Fates experience unless there's incest.

Corrin x Azura
This feels weird seeing this now, as it was confirmed in the newly released artbook that Corrin and Azura aren't related and that their parents were only sisters "in spirit" due to sharing the same dragon blood.

D

Deleted member

This feels weird seeing this now, as it was confirmed in the newly released artbook that Corrin and Azura aren't related and that their parents were only sisters "in spirit" due to sharing the same dragon blood.
Eh that kind of retcon is about as effective as JK Rowling's twitter.

Meaning it still wasn't said in-game so I don't care.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Great choice.

One of my favourite Ahnold movies - up there with Terminator 2 and Commando. (unless you mean The Predator, the newest one, which I haven't seen)
Ditto here. Love the film and its second (Which I'll be watching on Thursday).

And no not that new one as far as I'm concern that was a parody not a Predator movie and don't watch it because its really bad.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Y'know, as we head towards E3 and looking at my games library, I've always wanted to share some of my thoughts and put 'em in a concise post, whether you should spend money on them or not. Kinda to show other people here, and the unstoppable new people coming in a month, what to get or maybe not to get.

Would y'all be interested into reasons, like why ARMS deserves to be in a pet cage?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As i’ve yet to be convinced that a western 3rd party character should be in Smash, i’m curious about which western characters some of you think should be in, and why.

Feel free to quote this comment and reply.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
5A578C80-1363-4B42-B38E-BD848EB6381E.jpeg
err

it's the sony version that's censored, not nintendo's
Sony is the one censoring this stuff, not Nintendo.
I... think you meant Sony?

I dunno, I just also think this is hilarious that somehow THAT ain't okay, but we're gonna let The Last of Us 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 slide.
Everyday I find it ironic that almost two decades ago Nintendo was the company censoring things to be family friendly and Sony went uncensored

How the tables have turned...
Nintendo censoring people was an old habit back in the day...and now Sony are the ones abusing censorship...yowie wowie the tides have turned

D

Deleted member

As i’ve yet to be convinced that a western 3rd party character should be in Smash, i’m curious about which western characters some of you think should be in, and why.

Ezio for a serious answer, Assassin’s Creed is a franchise with worldwide popularity, even being one of the most successful western IPs in Japan. It’s greatly influenced the entire open world genre, and Ezio has himself become ridiculously iconic with his red and white hood. Few video games created in the past decade match Assassin’s Creed success and influence.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Doomslayer/guy.
-representative of genre not yet in Smash
-seniority in genre that has outlasted many competitors
-iconic appearance
-iconic classic game aesthetic and sound
-still relevant today and receives new games
-Tied to Nintendo in the way of both classic and recent ports
And as a personal opinion, the music is really good, I think his dozens of weapons would be really neat put into a moveset, and his games are really fun singleplayer shooters.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just found out the va for Makoto “the best girl” Niijima (Cherami Leigh) also voices Minerva (the piece of **** ***** from TWD Final Season)...ya wins some and then you lose some

D

Deleted member

I just found out the va for Makoto “the best girl” Niijima (Cherami Leigh) also voices Minerva (the piece of **** ***** from TWD Final Season)...ya wins some and then you lose some
Makoto and best girl don't belong in the same sentence, sorry lad.

D

Deleted member

Lara Croft is one although her owner is SE now, she pretty much one of the mascots of the PSOne and was one of the most succesful franchises. Its still popular but not as much as before.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So about the Direct tomorrow, *ahem*......

Rex or riot

Oh ****. I didn't even realize Rex wasn't in Mario Maker 1. But now that you mention it, I hope it's in MM2.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
  1. @ShotoStar [17-15-6-11-5-1]
  2. UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin [19-14-19-18-3-2]
  3. Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura [14-26-13-15-2-3]
  4. Ultomato Ultomato [15-4-18-13-9-4]
  5. Wademan94 Wademan94 [12-16-5-2-4-5]
  6. Gentlepanda Gentlepanda [26-7-22-9-10-6]
  7. Z25 Z25 [9-22-20-16-1-7]
  8. Moydow Moydow [16-21-17-8-8-8]
  9. Just a penguin Just a penguin [23-20-3-5-9]
Eliminated previous round:
  1. Zinith Zinith [3-8-9-7-11-10]
  2. loz18 loz18 [33-25-16-17-13-11]
  3. DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon [38-28-23-12-12-12]
  4. praline praline [7-3-7-3-7-13]
Also tagging on request (hope I had you all)
staindgrey staindgrey King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy osby osby or something along those lines.

The finale previews in 10 minutes. Watch it, or not because it doesn't really matter to me. Phase 7 airs directly afterwards, so... did I mess up the ordering?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don’t think Zinith Zinith would complain about being able to play as Rex.
"In Super Mario Maker 2, Yoshi is no longer an item that can be placed on the stage. Instead he is now a fully realized playable character! Experience the joy of riding Yoshi throughout the entire level by playing as him when Super Mario Maker 2 launches for Nintendo Switch on June 28th."

-Quote from Zinith's dreams

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
speaking of which even though i'm 99% sure co-op and/or alternate playable characters are a thing in mario maker 2 based on the promotional artwork, i'm really hoping they officially confirm it tomorrow

D

Deleted member

I'll always say Banjo and Kazooie regardless of worldwide appeal.

Popular N64 mascot with games that hold up to this day, is still findly remembered despite a decade since their last sequel, is a frequent request in polls--meaning he has a ton of core audience appeal, and is a good way to tie MS and Nin's relationship together

Now would Halo and Minecraft make better business decisions? Yeah sure. Is what I listed ultimately specific to Banjo? Not really. However, I don't think who should be in is what defines who will actually get in--E.G. Piranha Plant. As long as it produces a net positive result, it's good enough.

Banjo is a long time requested character that would make a lot of fans happy. If K Rool and Ridley can make the internet explode, let's let Banjo do the same thing. I highly doubt Nintendo and Sakurai does not know about Banjo at this point.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think my currently short foray into drawing only proves how much I multitask in general. There are already so many things I do or think of doing, such as practicing new languages, and I probably tire myself doing so. Probably.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
"In Super Mario Maker 2, Yoshi is no longer an item that can be placed on the stage. Instead he is now a fully realized playable character! Experience the joy of riding Yoshi throughout the entire level by playing as him when Super Mario Maker 2 launches for Nintendo Switch on June 28th."

-Quote from Zinith's dreams
I mean you could in the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom